Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,066 members, 7,814,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635971 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
OtunbaBlack:

Very well noted sir can granulated sugar be used in place of the cube.. any die off symptom to be expected while on this?.. should another stool test be carried out after completing treatment?.. thank you
Of course granulated form is allow but then stay with the form I want it done. There is a reason for it.

Yes! Expect that the frequency to using the toilet will reduce gradually but not abruptly in an excessively stooling condition.

A week after both treatment on the mixture and Mebendazole check for the worm larvae on stool examination.

PLEASE DON'T OVERZEALOUSLY TREAT, IF THIS IS NOT WORKING POST IT HERE AGAIN.

DON'T USE FOR AN HYPERTENSIVE PATIENT.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mizwisdom(f): 2:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
2Ballz:

Of course granulated form is allow but then stay with the form I want it done. There is a reason for it.

Yes! Expect that the frequency to using the toilet will reduce gradually but not abruptly in an excessively stooling condition.

A week after both treatment on the mixture and Mebendazole check for the worm larvae on stool examination.

PLEASE DON'T OVERZEALOUSLY TREAT, IF THIS IS NOT WORKING POST IT HERE AGAIN.

DON'T USE FOR AN HYPERTENSIVE PATIENT.

Hi Doc, my neighbor's kid suffers from stuffy nose most times, like blocked nose which affects his breathing especially at night. The mucus he brings out is much and his mum says sometimes at night he coughs also when their car window is wound up and AC is on he starts to cough. What's the likely cause? she says most times it's the normal vicks inhaler she has been using for him and it's working
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Hi Doc, my neighbor's kid suffers from stuffy nose most times, like blocked nose which affects his breathing especially at night. The mucus he brings out is much and his mum says sometimes at night he coughs also when their car window is wound up and AC is on he starts to cough. What's the likely cause? she says most times it's the normal vicks inhaler she has been using for him and it's working
How old is this child?
Asthmatic?
Does coughing associate with cold?
Itchiness of the body and eyes?
Redness of the eye?
Rashes?
How long has this being?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by walyx(m): 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2019
hi doc,my baby is 5months a week plus old and my wife is yet to see her period.pls we are worried dunno if its normal. and when can a nursing mum start seeing her period? thanks. Hoping to hear from u.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oluwaseyi1759(m): 7:18pm On Jun 02, 2019
Hello doctors in the house pls what's the cause of a smelling sperm
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Tonysahon: 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2019
2Ballz:

Is it really you that have the problem or your friend?
a friend has the problem and I really want to know if it health wise or spiritual because it really give us bad times when talking with him
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mizwisdom(f): 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2019
2Ballz:
How old is this child?
Asthmatic?
Does coughing associate with cold?
Itchiness of the body and eyes?
Redness of the eye?
Rashes?
How long has this being?

He's 10. Sorry this is a bit late, I had to call the mother to get this information. His eyes itches a lot, his body itches only if he wears dirty clothes or sleeps on dirty beddings and it produces rashes. She said he didn't have asthma before, it's been about 2 years on and off, most of the trouble occurs where there's exposure to cold or dust.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2019
walyx:
hi doc,my baby is 5months a week plus old and my wife is yet to see her period.pls we are worried dunno if its normal. and when can a nursing mum start seeing her period? thanks. Hoping to hear from u.
Is your wife not breast feeding the baby?
Did she suffer a postpartum hemorrhage?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
oluwaseyi1759:
Hello doctors in the house pls what's the cause of a smelling sperm
A sperm is the male sex cell. It does not smell. However, what you interested in to know is the fluid that feeds and float these sex cells-Semen.
How does your semen smell?
Why are you not interested also in color and texture feels?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:16pm On Jun 02, 2019
Tonysahon:
a friend has the problem and I really want to know if it health wise or spiritual because it really give us bad times when talking with him
It is not spiritual my friend, it has its riskfactors, causes and it could be idiopathic.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mizwisdom:

He's 10. Sorry this is a bit late, I had to call the mother to get this information. His eyes itches a lot, his body itches only if he wears dirty clothes or sleeps on dirty beddings and it produces rashes. She said he didn't have asthma before, it's been about 2 years on and off, most of the trouble occurs where there's exposure to cold or dust.
The young child is having symptoms with respect to Rhinoconjunctivitis due to allergy.

How can we help this baby?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
Mofetemi:

Hi doc. What could be the cause of daily Headache and body hotness? Though I am on gvithar (malaria) and ciprotab (antibiotics) pills now, but I noticed if I use these pills in the mornings, the headache and body hotness will calm down and resurface in the evenings again
Is it only in the morning you are using these drugs?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Mizwisdom(f): 8:39am On Jun 03, 2019
2Ballz:

The young child is having symptoms with respect to Rhinoconjunctivitis due to allergy.

How can we help this baby?

Thank you doctor. Is this the reason why his eyes itches when he goes into certain environment? even he already suffers from skin problem, thank you sir. What drugs can he be given and how can he be better managed, I hope he can be cured?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Jafar1: 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2019
Good day nairaland doctors, pls am in urgent need of a solution to partial stroke.. my dad developed stroke 2days ago after attack caused by the rise of his blood pressure,. we took him to the hospital but the only thing they succeeded in doing was stabilising his blood pressure,. since then his left part of the body starting from head to toe has been rendered unfunctional, he cnt even move his left hand and leg, turning his head is also a problem... pls am seeking for any advice on what to do,. do u think orthodox medication will be better than herbal in this case? Need advice please. NOTE; this is nt the first time he is getting attacked by HBP but this case seems to be the worst of all his previous encounter.., pls i need help!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gnykelly(m): 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2019
2Ballz:

You don't need another prescription till the first plan is done up.

Sir I'm through with the medication... Though I feel no pain anymore but my piss dey smell if left unflush... And once I feel like pissing I can't hold it longer
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by IneedGod(f): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hello Doc, what can be done to treat depression? 2. How does one tackle infertility of 3 years.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 4:46am On Jun 04, 2019
IneedGod:
Hello Doc, what can be done to treat depression?
2. How does one tackle infertility of 3 years.

Your first question is too general and less specific as the cause to clinical depression is more than enough a scope to digest here. This will not help you to find help in your present state of emptiness. Rather if I were you, I would distinctly open up everything on how I think, feel and suggest that may be wrong with me or something around not just right causing me to think the way I am. By so doing, I (the doctor) would see the need first to attend to that presenting complaint and then garnered into you the confidence to learn more about yourself and why the situation you find yourself is causing you to suffer a lowdown mental euphoria. If this were followed, you shall have learned enough to save yourself and others but to really take one day off to write on the treatment to Depression is what no Doctor will do due to the complexity,ambiguity and textual expansion to the required quest.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 4:59am On Jun 04, 2019
IneedGod:
How does one tackle infertility of 3 years.
This is also general but specific only to the years of being infertile.
Madam, how do you want me to help you? Is it that you want to learn about ways to manage infertility cases?
You weren't even specific to what sex you're pointing this question on.
Are you expecting me to assume you are a female or male?
What is the problem? Open up!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:10am On Jun 04, 2019
gnykelly:

Sir I'm through with the medication... Though I feel no pain anymore but my piss dey smell if left unflush... And once I feel like pissing I can't hold it longer
What were you expecting?
Normal Urine left not flushed for sometime can be degraded by microbes and liberate badly smelled effervescence let alone when a urine collect a soluble drug metabolite. The urine containing this condense may show changes either to color or odor. This is normal. As the drug is cleared from the system, you urine will be coming up normal.
Regarding the later complaint, it is not due to the drug as it could be individual due to the body response. Nevertheless, you will be okay.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 5:18am On Jun 04, 2019
Jafar1:
Good day nairaland doctors, pls am in urgent need of a solution to partial stroke.. my dad developed stroke 2days ago after attack caused by the rise of his blood pressure,. we took him to the hospital but the only thing they succeeded in doing was stabilising his blood pressure,. since then his left part of the body starting from head to toe has been rendered unfunctional, he cnt even move his left hand and leg, turning his head is also a problem... pls am seeking for any advice on what to do,. do u think orthodox medication will be better than herbal in this case? Need advice please. NOTE; this is nt the first time he is getting attacked by HBP but this case seems to be the worst of all his previous encounter.., pls i need help!!

Before thinking of doing herbal or Orthodox, what other diagnoses have you guys done so as to appreciate a better way to manage him well in the state he his now?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:26am On Jun 04, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Thank you doctor. Is this the reason why his eyes itches when he goes into certain environment? even he already suffers from skin problem, thank you sir. What drugs can he be given and how can he be better managed, I hope he can be cured?
Yes! These are resulting from exaggeration of a normal response to an environment stimuli.
Can he be better managed?
Yes!
Can he be cured?
It is a case of hypersensitivity, It is a constitutional part of his being. I think he may do so far well with management rather than seeking a cure.

MANAGEMENT:

1. The mother should take records of all the symptoms exhibited during suffering the hypersensitivity reaction. She should as well take records of all the illnesses the child has had before now.

2. The mother should learn about common local hypersensitivity conditions like Hives or Urticaria, Asthma and Allergic Conjunctivitis and the local way to give support to children in these situations.

3. Have the child registered to a paediatric clinic or hospital. Requesting the number of the consultant may be necessary for purposes regarding severity as he grows or other health condition coming with it.

4. The mother should have the child educated of what he is having, educate the child of cleanliness and respect for himself. The mother should maintain a lifestyle that should portray what she teaches. For example, if she teaches the child to avoid smoking fumes from cigarette, she herself should not smoke too.

5. The environment/substances/others factors should by all means stayed away from to avoid triggers:

Perfumes
Flowers
Extremes of temperature (example Cold)
Dusty environment
Extreme exercise
Fumes of any kind
Insects
Insecticides
Feather of birds
Bird's environment

6. The mother should have in keep the following module of management:

Decongestant
Nasal spray

NOTE: These will prevent serious complications, frequency to booking clinical appointments and hence save cost of management.

7. Drug of management should be kept from the child so as to avoid the child abusing it.

8. The drug of management should be at a spot every person in the household have easy access to. So that in t absence of mother the father can support or any of his siblings.

9 DRUGS:

These should be prescribed by a well trained medical doctor or a Paeditrician. Mainstream drug to manage such conditions:

Antihistamines.

However, depending on the issue on presentations the doctor or the Pediatrician may incline to giving other forms of management not written before now. Please the parents of the child should always seek newer and preferential way to help their child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Jafar1: 7:03am On Jun 04, 2019
2Ballz:

Before thinking of doing herbal or Orthodox, what other diagnoses have you guys done so as to appreciate a better way to manage him well in the state he his now?
he was in hospital 4 2days and no sign of improvement, so neighbours advised we try herbal, now we are at home trying the herbal way and still no improvement on sight... am really frustrated now, pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by gnykelly(m): 7:17am On Jun 04, 2019
2Ballz:

What were you expecting?
Normal Urine left not flushed for sometime can be degraded by microbes and liberate badly smelled effervescence let alone when a urine collect a soluble drug metabolite. The urine containing this condense may show changes either to color or odor. This is normal. As the drug is cleared from the system, you urine will be coming up normal.
Regarding the later complaint, it is not due to the drug as it could be individual due to the body response. Nevertheless, you will be okay.

I really appreciate your effort... Thank you so much.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oyinthread: 10:04am On Jun 04, 2019
Hi Doc.. Good job. Pls, have been having episodes of throat pain, earache, scratchy throat and ear, headache and fever for about 1yr now, used antibiotics and keeps coming back.. Doctor adviced removal of tonsil without thorough examination.. What should I do pls? As have not been feeling healthy as this while. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by jentlguy: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hi Doc, am having a little problem. I find it difficult to maintain erection, if I manage to have erection it won't be as hard as it used to. If I should penetrate I don't stay up to 2mins before ejaculating.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2019
jentlguy:
Hi Doc, am having a little problem. I find it difficult to maintain erection, if I manage to have erection it won't be as hard as it used to. If I should penetrate I don't stay up to 2mins before ejaculating.
How old are you?
Are you married?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by 2Ballz(m): 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2019
oyinthread:
Hi Doc.. Good job. Pls, have been having episodes of throat pain, earache, scratchy throat and ear, headache and fever for about 1yr now, used antibiotics and keeps coming back.. Doctor adviced removal of tonsil without thorough examination.. What should I do pls? As have not been feeling healthy as this while. Thanks
How many times have you suffered recurrence?
How frequent are the recurrences?
Why would your doctor suggest a tonsil removal without even a throat swab done?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by paulohgirlie(f): 10:49pm On Jun 04, 2019
Dr 2Ballz, I'm here to say thank you.

God bless u abundantly

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 1:45am On Jun 05, 2019
jentlguy:

Do you masturbate? If yes, how long for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.