Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow (30750 Views)

Thinking Of Getting A Tattoo? See What The Bible And Quran Says About It / The Bible Says: The Earth Is Flat! / What The Quran Says About Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by mavenbox: 4:14am On Dec 10, 2009
@nuclearboy:

Thanks to http://www.hidemyass.com/anonymous-email/ I have created one kinda fake email like that. LOL

maven@hmamail.com

Please send me your email to the email address above, then i can mail you with my real address.

Thanks!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 6:22am On Dec 10, 2009
@Mavenbox:

Will do after replying his holy jesterliness now

@Voltron:

When will you reply me? Who was Jesus Father ACCORDING to the Koran? And thanks for DELIBERATELY misquoting everything you see. You say I said Jesus Kingdon is on earth You ridicule what you profess, Baba-70, cos its the Koran that says so. My reason for quoting the Koran to answer you rather than the Bible is that like a broken record, you keep repeating "The Bible is Corrupt" so since you claim the Koran is infallible, I wanted you to shoot yourself in the foot by arguing against it.

If you claim honor of any sort, stay on course and do not digress but just answer these questions [don't say they've been answered as they've not] and answer now, not after 4 other comments have been posted and you can ignore this, ramble about those and then later claim you "defeated" "them"

[1] Who does the Quran say fathered Jesus? [quote support from the Quran and don't go near the Bible]
[2] Who said Jesus will come back to rule the Kingdom of God?
[3] Whose followers will be Greater [Jesus or Mohammed] ACCORDING TO THE QURAN?
[4] Who does the Koran call the Messiah?
[5] What is the difference between the "allah" that was a demon god and your own "allah" since they both were worshipped in the Qa'abah, follow the same mode of worship, bear the same name, same EVERYTHING and thus, would seem to be the same. Well, I can give you one difference which is that Muhammad said they are different! Yes, the Koran also says so. Give me two other reasons that'll make sense to a reasoning mind.
[6] Earlier, I illustrated how you are your "Word". Tell me then, who is Jesus if He is God's Word.

Go outside any of the direct answers to these questions and you have only proved you have no response and thus need to build a "tale of two cities". And answer rather than accusing Christianity. Stay focused if you DARE! And if you dare to do so, you will "crush" yourself with your own answers tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2009
nuclearboy:

@Mavenbox:

Will do after replying his holy jesterliness now

@Voltron:

When will you reply me? Who was Jesus Father ACCORDING to the Koran? And thanks for DELIBERATELY misquoting everything you see. You say I said Jesus Kingdon is on earth You ridicule what you profess, Baba-70, cos its the Koran that says so. My reason for quoting the Koran to answer you rather than the Bible is that like a broken record, you keep repeating "The Bible is Corrupt" so since you claim the Koran is infallible, I wanted you to shoot yourself in the foot by arguing against it.

If you claim honor of any sort, stay on course and do not digress but just answer these questions [don't say they've been answered as they've not] and answer now, not after 4 other comments have been posted and you can ignore this, ramble about those and then later claim you "defeated" "them"

[1] Who does the Quran say fathered Jesus? [quote support from the Quran and don't go near the Bible]
[2] Who said Jesus will come back to rule the Kingdom of God?
[3] Whose followers will be Greater [Jesus or Mohammed] ACCORDING TO THE QURAN?
[4] Who does the Koran call the Messiah?
[5] What is the difference between the "allah" that was a demon god and your own "allah" since they both were worshipped in the Qa'abah, follow the same mode of worship, bear the same name, same EVERYTHING and thus, would seem to be the same. Well, I can give you one difference which is that Muhammad said they are different! Yes, the Koran also says so. Give me two other reasons that'll make sense to a reasoning mind.
[6] Earlier, I illustrated how you are your "Word". Tell me then, who is Jesus if He is God's Word.

Go outside any of the direct answers to these questions and you have only proved you have no response and thus need to build a "tale of two cities". And answer rather than accusing Christianity. Stay focused if you DARE! And if you dare to do so, you will "crush" yourself with your own answers  tongue tongue tongue

you keep repeating "The Bible is Corrupt" so since you claim the Koran is infallible, I wanted you to shoot yourself in the foot by arguing against it.

grin grin grin

Better don't let them know your identity cus once you boxed them into a corner that they cannot lie their way out of . . . the next thing to do is violence. . . just like their leader moham[b]mad[/b].
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2009
"Shook" head. grin

Who Allah guides none can lead astray.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 5:12pm On Dec 10, 2009
muhsin:

"Shook" head. grin

Who Allah guides none can lead astray.

see dodging grin grin grin
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
I laugh in Hausa. grin grin grin

Proof is often a very abstract concept and can be very subjective based upon an individuals concept of Allaah, the Exalted.

Understand?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by mazaje(m): 5:49pm On Dec 10, 2009
Why are all these muslims saying? . . . .The koran gives the impression that the world is flat in some parts so why the arguments?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 5:51pm On Dec 10, 2009
Follow the thread. Period.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 8:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
@Muhsin:

Don't derail us. Tell Voltron to come and answer the questions NOW.

Knowing him, he will keep to other threads then appear after you have wasted valuable time and space then attempt to take us away from the topic.

@No2atheism:

Funnily, I "like" the Quran. It is Voltron that hates it and wants to insult it.

Problem is, the guy won't answer but just spend time dancing around and typing "No?" and "Ijebu" and "Zainab the Igbo woman". We're about to know why His name is (should be first definitely) approaching MOST MEANINGLESS POSTER OF THE YEAR. Actually, He wins the "LIFETIME AWARD FOR MOST MEANINGLESS OF ALL HUMANS"

Baba-70, where art thou, O my juliet?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 8:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
@Mazaje: « #358 on: Today at 05:49:58 PM »
Why are all these muslims saying? . . . .The koran gives the impression that the world is flat in some parts so why the arguments?
Where is that impression that the world is flat? In some part of the earth, the earth does appear to be flat. No?

@Nuclearboy: You must be out of your rockers to use Juliet for me! I know Homosexualism has entered Nigeria. But do you have to use the terrible impression for me? Darn! Lol. I love making his head as if it a salad bowl.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
Ends of the earth doesn't necessarily mean it's flat. Besides, the earth's not completely spherical, It's top is flat, that is, it's geoid
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by mavenbox: 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2009
Hehehe Nairaland-Comedy-Central.com
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by toluxa1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 10, 2009
@nuclearboy.

toluxa1@hmamail.com

I'll be expecting!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
olabowale:

@Mazaje: « #358 on: Today at 05:49:58 PM »  Where is that impression that the world is flat? In some part of the earth, the earth does appear to be flat. No?

@Nuclearboy: You must be out of your rockers to use Juliet for me! I know Homosexualism has entered Nigeria. But do you have to use the terrible impression for me? Darn! Lol. I love making his head as if it a salad bowl.

Baba-70, is this your response from the Quran?

Anyway, I  know that many posts ahead, you will claim to have "crushed" your opponents. No?  tongue

How are Zainab and the children and the grand-children and the great-grand children? I'm sure you're responsible for more homeless black children than Hurricane Katrina with your "mee" wives. You've defeated us all in that
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 3:51am On Dec 11, 2009
you think am like the christian men who cant control themselves? please go sidon. my boys i know. both from ex wife. inshaAllah am starting afresh. i dont sleep with any who is not my wife, you darn freak, _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _boy (from colorado's cheap trick). my boys havent started making babies, yet, so how do you figure the grandpa and greatgrans beat me!

i ask you, where did Quran say the earth is flat, nuclearboy? tell me after that where can i find that earth is spherical in the Bible, you idol worshipper?

show us. when you fail i will repost the Quranic statement about the shape of the earth.

I wanna see how you a yoruba keferi will know Quran than a muslim who reads arabic.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 5:06am On Dec 11, 2009
[1] Who does the Quran say fathered Jesus? [quote support from the Quran and don't go near the Bible]the same entity that the Bible says mothered Adam. no? the same entity tat the Bible says fathered Adam. no? The same entity that the Bible says mothered Lady Eve. no?  the same entity that the Bible says fathered Lady Eve. no? He asked a question he got swollen head. I ask 4 of same gravity. Am waiting, patiently for Nuclearboy.

[2] Who said Jesus will come back to rule the Kingdom of God? no one, except you and yours in the Bible.

[3] Whose followers will be Greater [Jesus or Mohammed] ACCORDING TO THE QURAN? Muhammad's! Jesus is not a christian. Muhammad is a muslim, hence his followers. While the Christian liars who think that they are followers of Jesus are deceiving themselves, I need to point out to you why you and them are completely off the marks: Christian religion is not the religion of Jesus, hence the Christians cant be his followers. But his companions the disciples before Saul Paul were and they did not call him God Almighty Creator, You dont follow a god/God but worships him/Him. You follow the prophet/Messenger of god/God! The christian says Jesus is god, another of their confused notions. If you change the instruction of a person you say you follow, without his permission for such a change you are anti the person. Hence Christians are anti Jesus; the follow Paul instead instead. Jesus said that laws and prophets are valid forever, Paul said no and you chose to follow Paul anyway!

[4] Who does the Koran call the Messiah? Massiah means nothing to the muslims, but a story of the old, about the people of Israel. Jesus is not in the position to save anybody, until after Muhammad (AS) the leader of Mankind, the Belove of Allah the Almighty.

[5] What is the difference between the "allah" that was a demon god and your own "allah" since they both were worshipped in the Qa'abah, follow the same mode of worship, bear the same name, same EVERYTHING and thus, would seem to be the same. Well, I can give you one difference which is that Muhammad said they are different! Yes, the Koran also says so. Give me two other reasons that'll make sense to a reasoning mind. You can learn alot from a dummie. So am learning the ways of the dumb. Is allah not different from Allah? Is yoruba's kabiyesi of the sango worshippers different from that of the Muslims, reluctantly, making a point the Christians? Darn yankees (its a broadway play). Did the pagans of Makka make Salah, Umrah, Take the two shahadah; Laa ila ha ilallah. Muhammadanr Rasulullah? Did the makkan pagans make Sawm (fast)? What a door nob; dull!

[6] Earlier, I illustrated how you are your "Word". Tell me then, who is Jesus if He is God's Word. Allah says He commands everything to being by "Be" so it "Be"! Be is Word. No, nuclearboy? And Allah says the creation of Jesus is like the creation of Adam! Oh, Nuclearboy, where did I lose you? Sorry omo boy! I wish I know how to handle fragile egos. I will let a woman have her way. Not so for man.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 6:48am On Dec 11, 2009
No human fathered Adam and Jesus according to the Koran. They came direct as a result of the Word of the Almighty God, not ""the same entity that the Bible says mothered Lady Eve. No?"

Hadith Mishkat said Jesus will come back to rule the Kingdom of God. Is the Hadith lying? Okay so we now know one lie-filled Hadith. No?

Surah 3:55b. Quote it for us and tell us the Arabic meaning so we "kufirs (no?)" see how the Koran and every other Muslim has been lying till you now correct them.

Messiah means nothing to Muslims!!!!!!! Why is it then in the Koran?? Are you saying Allah had nothing to write there so He put it there to pass time? Why are you insulting your religion?

Yes, Allah differs from allah. The difference is you capitalized the "A". And yes, the pagans did every single thing you're making noise about.

Oh ok, so just as Adam, you too, Baba-70, was commanded into being by Allah and Alhaji (No?) Olabowale had no congress with your mother before you were born. All hail the "3rd Adam", "baba-70". If your dad did sleep with your mother, tell me who slept with Mary that resulted in Jesus. I just hope you agree your Prophet had an earthly father. Tell us openly then, the difference between the progeny of these two "messengers" as you call them. And stop lying like a 3 year old. You use Mary's ancestors to mean Jesus ancestors openly as though Mary not only mothered him but also fathered Him.

Come to think of it, even that makes Him more special than ANYBODY else in history tongue

You go about seeing the speck in other religions and peoples eyes forgetting you too are not above scrutiny. Respect my belief and I will leave you alone to yours. Continue the insults and I tell you now, Voltron, you will wish you weren't literate to read what will be posted here.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 10:16am On Dec 11, 2009
nuclearboy:

No human fathered Adam and Jesus according to the Koran. They came direct as a result of the Word of the Almighty God, not ""the same entity that the Bible says mothered Lady Eve. No?"

Hadith Mishkat said Jesus will come back to rule the Kingdom of God. Is the Hadith lying? Okay so we now know one lie-filled Hadith. No?

Surah 3:55b. Quote it for us and tell us the Arabic meaning so we "kufirs (no?)" see how the Koran and every other Muslim has been lying till you now correct them.

Messiah means nothing to Muslims!!!!!!! Why is it then in the Koran?? Are you saying Allah had nothing to write there so He put it there to pass time? Why are you insulting your religion?

Yes, Allah differs from allah. The difference is you capitalized the "A". And yes, the pagans did every single thing you're making noise about.

Oh ok, so just as Adam, you too, Baba-70, was commanded into being by Allah and Alhaji (No?) Olabowale had no congress with your mother before you were born. All hail the "3rd Adam", "baba-70". If your dad did sleep with your mother, tell me who slept with Mary that resulted in Jesus. I just hope you agree your Prophet had an earthly father. Tell us openly then, the difference between the progeny of these two "messengers" as you call them. And stop lying like a 3 year old. You use Mary's ancestors to mean Jesus ancestors openly as though Mary not only mothered him but also fathered Him.

Come to think of it, even that makes Him more special than ANYBODY else in history   tongue

You go about seeing the speck in other religions and peoples eyes forgetting you too are not above scrutiny. Respect my belief and I will leave you alone to yours. Continue the insults and I tell you now, Voltron, you will wish you weren't literate to read what will be posted here.

as per the nature of jesus. this is what the quran has to say

Qur'an 3:59   Surah Ale-'Imran (The Family of 'Imran)
This similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam: He created him from dust then said to him: "Be" and he was.
The truth (comes) from Allah alone; so be not of those who doubt.

it appears to me that you confuse the word Messaih with Saviour. Messaih simply means "The Annoited'. translated to Christos in greek an then christ. By default, every prophet of God is annoited. however this title is specially reserved for jesus in the quran. Other prophets are called specially by some title as listed below. But that to does not mean others do equally fulfill these attributes
Adam - Safiyu’llah - The chosen of God
Noah - Nabiyu’llah - The preacher of God
Abraham - khililu’llah - The friend of God
Moses - Kalimu’llah - The converser with God
Muhammad - Rususlu’llah - The messenger of God.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 3:17pm On Dec 11, 2009
@the_seeker:

Thank you. And I sincerely mean that because you kept to the point. And I do know what "Messiah" stands for! Yes, it is "Anointed" which also means "Chosen above all others" for why would you anoint just the one rather than all. If all are anointed as you have claimed, then the word "anointed" stands for nothing and is of no consequence.

BTW, where is my friend Abuzola? I like the thought of a man who defends what he believes in with anger (though too much atimes) rather than some who dance and shift, lying as they wish, mixing ijebu-ness with Islam and saying nothing in 30 paragraphs.

Anyway, this fact of "Anointed" you have subscribed to brings a problem. Let me explain,

Before Adam, there was no man (or woman). So God as it were, needed to start from the beginning and so, breathed his Word into mud/clay/sand/whatever and it became Adam.

Why did He do same with Jesus if not that there was a need for something special which replaced the dirt we had turned ourselves into. This is the problem you guys don't get. He started anew with Jesus, yet did not destroy everyone else. The way the Scriptures say it, the idea was to bring that dirt BACK into His way through the NEW PEOPLES/GENERATIONS/WHATEVER that Jesus started. Else,

[1] why didn't He breathe into sand to make me or you, reader? At least He had time to do Jesus so why not me?
[2] What was the point (or do you believe God had nothing to do and so out of boredom breathed Jesus) for starting anew with Jesus?
[3] You believe all He had to do was say I forgive and that was that! Why then did He bother to send so many messengers across times/ages? Why not just forgive and cancel and even just send the 72 virgins straight to each of our houses? Plus the booze, of course!
[4] Could the same kind of human as what we are (including EVERY other prophet including those in Buddhism/ifa [shango olukoso himself would be a nice thot as a prophet since olabowale says Alexander the great [one mean atheist mo'fo] was a prophet)) do the work of this "STARTED AFRESH" person?

Having said that, I used to wonder why God made it so hard for us to understand the redemptive work of Jesus because contrary to what you may think, most real Christians found it hard to understand too. Then it struck me.

Adam and Eve's freewill kicked them out of Grace. In that, they were helped by the concept of wanting knowledge/more offered them by a temptation

Not too long ago, I myself stood "out of Grace". Just as they decided to step out by not accepting God's own, my freewill had to DECIDE to accept Grace. All encumbrances were brought about by the same guy who spoke to Eve, the sharp "serpent".

In effect, as Adam CHOSE to bow to Satan to offend God, I had to CHOOSE to offend Satan to please God.

Not by a fake noisiness in the market about "supporting" God and honoring Him by saying He can't do some things because He's too great for that, but by realising that as He came down to Adam's level then, so He AGAIN had done so for all of us. Eve sinned. Adam did not have to, but he joined her. I re-entered Grace and it REMAINS YOUR RIGHT to reject it.

But not by lying. When you do that, you've become that serpent pushing innocent people away. And the devil (serpent) has been busy. That is why Christianity has so many faces/"bibles"/etc. Because the guy wants to help all to stay out of that Grace else he's been defeated and of course, he has help from many fake christians/pastors/etc. But here's true proof - You cannot show me a 2,500 (two thousand, five hundred) Naira note because it doesn't exist. If there is no original, there can't be a counterfeit. And please before you say it, here's the truth, you can't go to the USA to get an original Naira. Its here in Nigeria. In the same way, don't lie that Islam is the true Christianity. The messages/ways/life/ALL are too different. Inside Christianity, you'll find error simply because the devil is fighting it.

That doesn't take away the truth. Simply put, it is Jesus came as a bridge between God and Man. Thats why God breathed ANEW!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 3:58pm On Dec 11, 2009
for the sake or argument i will accept what you have said about jesus as true. But does this prove jesus to be God or Son of God? if it does, it simply means Adam is more of God or son of God.

Jesus was a combination of mary (of Adamic descent and thus affected by the original sin) plus pure spirit of God.
Adam is purer cos he has no father or mother, just pure spirit.

Hope you are also aware that it was not only jesus that God 'annoited' in the bible. King Saul was also 'Anoited' even before he Belived.

the position of the muslim is very clear. we do not deny his messaniship or his ranking as one of those closest to God.
Qur'an 2:253   Surah Al-Baqarah (The Heifer)
'Those apostles We endowed with gifts some above others: to one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honor); to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit,  . .'

What we are saying is that he is not God nor son of God.

Qur'an 4:171-173   Surah An-Nisaa (The Women)
O people of the Book! commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of Allah aught but truth. Christ (Maseeh) Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an Apostle of Allah and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His Apostles. Say not "Trinity": desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is One Allah: glory be to him: (for Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.
Christ (Maseeh) disdaineth not to serve and worship Allah nor do the angels those nearest (to Allah): those who disdain His worship and are arrogant He will gather them all together unto himself to (answer).
But to those who believe and do deeds of righteousness He will give their (due) rewards and more out of His bounty: but those who are disdainful and arrogant He will punish with a grievous penalty; nor will they find besides Allah any to protect or help them.

Qur'an 5:72-77   Surah Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread)
They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ (Maseeh): "O children of Israel! worship Allah my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah Allah will forbid him the garden and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrong-doers be no one to help.
They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy) verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.
Why turn they not to Allah and seek His forgiveness? For Allah is Oft-forgiving Most Merciful.
Christ (Maseeh) the son of Mary was no more than an Apostle; many were the Apostles that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth makes His Signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!
Say: Will ye worship besides Allah something which hath no power either to harm or benefit you? But Allah He it is that heareth and knoweth all things."
Say: "O people of the Book! exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is proper) trespassing beyond the truth nor follow the vain desires of people who went wrong in times gone by who misled many and strayed (themselves) from the even way.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 5:49pm On Dec 11, 2009
I am impressed by your sincerity and willingness to listen.

Lets deal with the Adam issue: Adam was referred to as a son of God. But then, the man/son sinned! His sin kicked him out of Grace and thus he became unable to stand with God unlike before. I hope you accept that there was a rare fellowship between God and Adam before the sin issue. Because he didn't have any seed before the sin, his children were born with the burden of sin in them just as A pregnant HIV II woman will give birth to a HIV infected child.

Anyone can say what they will but the baby didn't sin and it wasn't the doctors fault. So we got it automatically and it wasn't God's fault.

Jesus had to be Man to save man but Divinity to be an able bridge! So He came as the Word of God. The limitation He had ON earth was that he was clothed i.e. he had flesh. Remove the earthly flesh and He was PURE UNADULTERATED GOD. This may seem strange to you but do you agree that God can be in 2 places at the same time? And in one place as an awesome Being and in the second place as a loving guiding "creator"??

King "saul" was anointed by the prophet samuel on the instructions of God. Prior to that, there was no anointing in him. Note that this same Saul later lost his anointing and became possessed by an evil spirit. Until all the "prophets" started to get thier revelations, they too had no anointing. They were anointed at special times for special purposes and after that, fini! Look then at Jesus. He came with it. It was a part of his personality and just like you, a black man cannot "lose" your blackness (forgive the language), He too couldn't lose His Character. That was who He was!

I wrote this earlier but will again. You will find you cannot touch yourself. Sure you can touch your head or nose or throat etc but the only way you can get a full expression of you, "the_seeker" is if you speak. You are your Word and I come back to this. Jesus is the Word of God. Thats what the Bible says. Thats what the Quran says. That is the truth. The only difference is that whist on earth, He limited Himself with flesh covering.

Now to the Quranic verses you quoted! I prefer not to stand against the belief of any man as I know how I feel when my belief is disdained. However, I needs must ask you why you think the Quranic quotes you give should mean anything to me. Do you accept the Bible as true? So why should I accept the Quran? Thats why I prefer to use the Quran when discussing with you since that is what you believe. And I've answered the issue of multiple versions of the Bible clearly. The "enemy" has only one target: the TRUTH! Why should he fight against any fake belief or system of divinity? Why should the Lord keep quiet is your likely rebuttal and my answer is simple: Why did He keep quiet in Eden? Because its about choice and free-will. We've argued and put each others points across? Which makes sense?

That God is so "Proud" He cannot love us and help us by creating a bridge back to him and has to keep appearing the "ChairMan" of the Universe (big shot) because we've restricted Him to that? Or that He loves us and made a way for reconciliation by sending His Word (agreed to but not understood by many religions) to create the path back to Him? I lost my pride when I realised God is not proud: He simply has nothing to prove else He would have destroyed the devil long ago

And thats the real problem here. Most of us have turned this into a quest to win. Its their pride at stake. Too much testosterone.

You can imagine posters asking that we arrange women for them when they come to Naija. I grin in Arama'ic!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
@the seeker,just be carefull with this kind of people,they will never believe except ALLAH wants them to believe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 6:53pm On Dec 11, 2009
@the_seeker:

See what I mean? Why are people trying to impersonate "Mavenbox" and not any randy goat here?

Its an immutable law in life. It is the Truth that the enemy trys to counterfeit. Before you people say I now worship Mavenbox, please O. I only meant people see/respect her more than most. Thats why she's being "faked" i.e. because she matters. I know some here who will now "fake" themselves to get recognition tongue
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 2:43am On Dec 12, 2009
@Nuclearboy: #368 on: Yesterday at 06:48:23 AM »
Are you a blonde and live in Napa valley of california? You almost remind me of the typical females with the preceeding identity/qualification. They are like the exercise bars; I cant say it. But often always dont make any sense.

Unlike Quran, ahadith collection is graded from stronh to extremely weak as it shoould be impossible to have been an ahadith. The elements that qualify something to be ahadith are that it will agree with Quran and must be directly from the mouth of Muhammad or spoken in his presence, without his rejecting such a statement! Is Mishkat equal to Quran which is perfect? The answer is obviously no. Is the collector God the Speaker of Quran or the Messenger (AS) who explains it? No for both. Hence, foe me to even respond to your ignorant statement, research the Quran and show me Jesus son of Mary, Kingdom of God on Earth on the same verse, phrase, showing that they are somehow related. Then I will pick up Arabic Quran, read it and call many arab speakers, all of them Muslims and some are good student of Quran, islam. Until then, your pant should be on fire my now!

You this boy, do you know what you are saying or you are just saying things, correct or not just to tell us that you have something to say? Maybe that bodes well with the "ignorant" christians, the deniers of One God. It falls flat with me and all sincere muslims. Below is Surah Imran verse 55. By the way there is no verse 55b, duuh! Your lies stink too much! Eww!

3:55: Sahih International
[Mention] when Allah said, "O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you [in submission to Allah alone] superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ.

Tafsir al-Jalalayn: And mention, when God said, ‘O Jesus, I am gathering you, seizing you, and raising you to Me, away from the world without death, and I am cleansing you of, removing you far away from, those who disbelieved, and I am setting those who follow you, those Christians and Muslims who believed in your prophethood, above those who disbelieved, in you, namely, the Jews, becoming above them through [definitive] argument and the sword, until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me shall be your return, and I will decide between you, as to what you were at variance about, as regards religion.
Please show me Kingdom of God in there, you, you, you, you, (am ashamed to say what I really mean, so I swallow it, keeping my cool).

Messiah means nothing to Muslims!!!!!!! Why is it then in the Koran??
It is Quran oh Nuclearboy. Messiah to the Children of Israel not to anyone else. Not your darn yoruba hide (hyde).

Are you saying Allah had nothing to write there so He put it there to pass time? Why are you insulting your religion?
Am insulting you in a quite good manner. Allah described Jesus as to his functions to the people he was sent; Children of Israel. Are the functions of Isa bin Maryam functional with the Muslim, as to the Torah and the Injil, and others? Unless what was made relevant in the Ahadith. And what we are supposed to do with jesus in the Quran are to accept him as a Prophet of God, specifically the last to the Children of Israel (AS), then that he was to keep the relevance of Torah, correct even more the Children of Israel by his Injil. And finally, he was the proclaimer of the coming of the future messenger of Allah, the messenger's name is Ahmad (AS); Read Surah Saffat verse 6!

Pagans made salah? No! Salah was not observed and made compulsory until Madina era, though the process was given during Isra wa Miraj, an even in Makka era! The pagans do not drink alcohol? Of course they do. Islam does prohibit Muslims, and you sir, nuclearboy is a keferi, equal to makkan pagans because you can sayo sayo! Pagans marry as many as they want of wives, and the women are worse, doing all kind of sexual orgies, tagging the man they want as the father of the baby from such orgy (the jamaicans say it is giving a man a jacket), muslims are commanded not to exceed 4, and the special condition to exceed 4 was for Muhammad, alone, just like the night prayers from the moment he became a prophet, and I can or not observe night prayer! You are even worse than the nappa valley women.

Oh ok, so just as Adam, you too, Baba-70, was commanded into being by Allah and Alhaji (No?) Olabowale had no congress with your mother before you were born. All hail the "3rd Adam", "baba-70". If your dad did sleep with your mother, tell me who slept with Mary that resulted in Jesus.
You fail to observe Eve. Before a time my late father (ra) was nothing. So was my Grandfather (ra), and on and aon, until Adam (AS), who was nothing at one time, before his creation. Allah decreed the existence of my father, then of my mother, who were once young people. Then they ate of the provisions of Allah on earth, by His command (Be). These young people grew up to become people who can produce sperm and egg, the result of the two fusing together by Allah's permission is what became me. Interestingly that now people dont have to sleep with each other, women becoming mother's from sperm bank. Some person in US, earlier this year, a born woman who changed her gender to become man got pregnant. Please none of the silly opinion you give please. Maybe your groupie(s) will yuk it up.

I just hope you agree your Prophet had an earthly father. Tell us openly then, the difference between the progeny of these two "messengers" as you call them. And stop lying like a 3 year old.
Usually 3 years old are truth speakers, unless your Biblical verses are lying, as it says "from the mouth of babes". No?

You use Mary's ancestors to mean Jesus ancestors openly as though Mary not only mothered him but also fathered Him.
Oh nuclearboy, maybe you should consider the situations of male Adam, and female Eve, separately and consider with that of Jesus and tell us if you can which is the greatest of miracle, then the next and finally the least, who is almost like you and I process of being? Allah commanded my being "Kun", maybe yours is not commanded!?

Come to think of it, even that makes Him more special than ANYBODY else in history
History of man started with Adam. History of male started with Adam. History of female started with Eve. Come to think of it, therefore, the one who is most unique of mankind will not be jesus, if you put on a good thinking cap. No?

My skin is thick, already. You named me Voltron, and I did not flinch. You called me jester voltron, I encouraged you to settle on a title already. If I were going to leave this site, it will not be because of you. I can be stubborn too and call you all kinda names. None of it will do me any good, if we are friend, thank God we are not, then I could just peel you out like an Onion, layer by layer. It is your lies against islam that I attach. You are at best just making noise, calling me a loose man, with many babies and a 70 something man. Dont rush me and am not a freak like those you know. I father my own children and not sleep with a woman and then wonder about her getting pregnant. Homey don play that. You are boring and I thought you will be engaging.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 2:46am On Dec 12, 2009
Is there a Christian who believes that jesus is just a prophet of God? He needs to become a muslim and get away from Kufr. This is how my mother left Christianity. My dear mother Victoria Maryam Deyo Samuel.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 3:12am On Dec 12, 2009
[1] why didn't He breathe into sand to make me or you, reader? At least He had time to do Jesus so why not me? Yaa bani Adama (Oh children of Adam), meaning mankind. You, Eve, there direct children the first to be created throught sex, considering that Eve was created just by cloning, no sexual condition, and jesus was created through a woman, no sexual condition. It is because there is no sex that you attach more important to jesus creation that you even deny that he was not created? What then will you say of Eve, a woman coming out of man; where is her mother at least jesus have a mother which makes him closer to me, except that I have a father which makes me just as special like the majority of creations?

[2] What was the point (or do you believe God had nothing to do and so out of boredom breathed Jesus) for starting anew with Jesus? Which one is more complex, command something by telling an angel to breath sand into a womb, or the command something where copulation is the act of bringing about through the ejection of semen? Copulation takes a lot from the participants, people get tired, and the angel simply just flow sand, the same angel who participated in destructions of the people of Lut (AS) by brine stones even a harder situation than just blowing sand, without water. Adam is sand and water! jesus can never be Adam.

[3] You believe all He had to do was say I forgive and that was that! Why then did He bother to send so many messengers across times/ages? Why not just forgive and cancel and even just send the 72 virgins straight to each of our houses? Plus the booze, of course! No wonder this guy falls for the okey dokey of Jesus taking his sin on him. Didnt your Bible say that there will be a day of Judgement and there is Hell for those who are wrong, Paradise for those who are right receiving Mercy of God? I ask you why all of that and why Jesus, two processes going against each other? Why using your messengership across times/ages will God suddenly change His process which He had indicated to be a fair equal opportunity process, unless you are saying that He changes His mind that the second hand of the clock, tic tac, tic, tac?

[4] Could the same kind of human as what we are (including EVERY other prophet including those in Buddhism/ifa [shango olukoso himself would be a nice thot as a prophet since olabowale says Alexander the great [one mean atheist mo'fo] was a prophet)) do the work of this "STARTED AFRESH" person? Where did Olabowale (me, lol am messing with this dude) say that Alexander was a prophet? I know there are 124,000 Messengers and or prophets to mankind, but Quran mentioned only 25. I never have gone outside these 25. Are you okay man? If you wanna take shango as a prophet, you are free since jesus is god to you anyway. So whats the big deal?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 4:43am On Dec 12, 2009
No answers, no sense, no point. Just a lot of hot smelly air.

I rest my case.

And now will begin the claims to victory over opponents. How does non-stop farting till the other guy's sensibilities fail equate to "winning"?

I still wonder where Abuzola is and wish him the very best. Same to Niyi53 and the_seeker and our resident fart
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by okunoba(m): 7:36am On Dec 12, 2009
This reminds me alot about that study done by Yale university pointing to how the more facts and objective statistics you show someone when it comes to a religion, the more they become ingrained in the believe that they are right and the facts are wrong. Christianity and Islam as killed our ability to reason objectively. Yalls arguments are based on fallacies.

We are the muguns of the human race fighting over Arab and European imperialism disguised as religions. Every society before the Christians and Muslims believed in some form of a supreme God, before the imperialist (Arabs and Europeans) decided to force all of humanity to believe in their concept of God and label all other religious beliefs as false.  If we Yoruba`s had conquered the World  the way they did, every one today will be praying to Oshun, Shango, Obatala or Edumare. Shine your eyes guys. Might is not right.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 9:31am On Dec 12, 2009
@nuclearboy
'PURE UNADULTERATED GOD'
Let me take you from here. The interesting about the christian is that he is capable of believing in several mutually exclusive ideaologies at the same time. And is also capable to shifting the goal post continously to accomodate any arguement. Its hard to shoot down a moving target so i need you to FIX your position before this discussion continues by ansking a few simple questions

1. Is jesus the Almighty God?
2. Is he the Son of God?
3. Has God ever lived in flesh among us other than as Jesus?
4. Does God taking up flesh and living among us make him loose his omniscience and omnipresence?
5. Do you believe in trinity?
6. Does God Change?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2009
@the_seeker:

Do me a favor and give me the respect I offer you. When you say "the Christian is capable of believing , , .", you are generalizing. Supose I were to say "Every Muslim is Idi-Amin, syphilitic, insane, cruel, murderous". Would you accept it? For avoidance of doubt, I know that man was an aberration and is not representative of the Muslim community.

As to your questions, I'd have thought my comments make my beliefs clear.

[1] Yes
[2] In flesh (as He was amongst us), Yes. He was the Word of God and as the Book says, "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God". Literally, take this as the way I said you cannot touch yourself. Anyone tells you differently has a different belief from Christianity
[3] You're asking me a question that is pointless and would start non-profitable controversy. If I say No, you ask how I know and that I prove it. If I say yes, you say the same.
[4] In answer to question 4, I ask you in response, Can the Almighty be in two places at the same time? As a Fearsome Judge somewhere and as a loving creator in another? Add the 3rd word - Omnipotent! If He wishes, He could be a Baby somewhere, a Tree in another and God in Heaven. Thats OMNIPOTENCE and OMNIPRESENCE. His having knowledge of all at the same time is HIS OMNISCIENCE. Disagree with this and its obvious your concept of God is limited to a narrow imagination or that you refuse Him one of these 3 attributes. Please remember one thing I have said over and over -me and you often have a need to show ourselves as men. God has nothing to prove else why does Satan still exist and wasn't destroyed?
[5] Trinity is a "word" that every person defines as he wills. If I say yes, you use another man's argument against me. Thats not fair, is it? I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. You could now ask me to explain what I believe by each of these. The word trinity has "strange" roots!
[6] We call God "The Unchangeable Changer". What does that mean to you? To me, it means He is whatever He wants to be - He can't change but changes! We both believe in God. We believe He knows tomorrow and lets assume He has decided I will meet someone but then a prayer by yourself (or whatever) is answered by Him and ends up being answered thus making me not meet the person, would you say He has changed? Whats the point of Prayer, brother? And the answers or non-answers to such, do they change God? His decisions, maybe. Him, NO!

@Okunoba:

Thankfully you've "shined" your eyes and know you have the right to pray to Shango, Oya and even Esu. Please exercise your rights
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2009
@nuclearboy, no offence meant by my conclusion about christains, i was only judging based on my experince on and outside NL discussing with christians.
Since you have not clearly answered all my questions, i will stick to your unequivocal responses.

1. Is jesus the Almighty God?  YES
2. Is he the Son of God? YES
4. Does God taking up flesh and living among us make him loose his omniscience and omnipresence? NO God is always ominipresent and ominiscient
5. Do you believe in trinity? you believe in a triune God not the word 'trinity'

pls i need you to concur that i correctly interpreted your responses. sorry abt my style. i just want us to handle this methodically
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2009
@the_seeker:

Didn't really take offence. Just wanted us to be conscious we can "unintentionally" offend.

[1] YES YES
[2] In the Flesh (whist on Earth or ought I say in "imagery/our imaginations"wink, YES
[4] God can be whatever He wants to be? WHATEVER! Not "my" or "your" imagination? Omniscience/potence/presence are words we use to qualify God in the form most suited to our understanding: that of the AWESOME CREATOR AND JUDGE OF ALL. God is not limited to these words or to anobody's conception! Remember, some say they are slaves and some say they are sons. Thats US TALKING, not God speaking!
[5] I believe in the Father, the Son and The Holy Spirit. Let me explain this as I think I know where you're going. Its not 3 people but 1 showing in 3 different ways.
[a] I am manifesting to you now (as you read me) as a written word
[b] If I telephone you, I'd then be a spoken word
[c] If I then visit you, I'd be a physical presence
Am I still the same person or have I become 3? Triune and Trinity are words that came from Pagan Rome and have both been used to find "errors". Do me a favor and use conversations to hear the other side rather than to try to "trap". I keep saying I am not here to win. If this is about winning, leave me out of it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Esther Ajayi Hosts Sanwo-Olu Ahead Of Dedication Of Lagos Cathedral (Photos) / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.