Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,596 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow (30762 Views)

Thinking Of Getting A Tattoo? See What The Bible And Quran Says About It / The Bible Says: The Earth Is Flat! / What The Quran Says About Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 3:46am On Dec 07, 2009
@Nuclearboy: « #318 on: Yesterday at 10:24:29 PM »
All hail our resident oldest court-jester on Nairaland.
@Jester-Voltron:
You have not even settled on a name yet? Carry on with your experimentayion of names. Somehow, you will settle on one. no?

It is YOU that limits God by saying there are things He cannot do. He luckily, does not limit Himself to your imagination which is of less mass than the average soldier ants antennae
So going by your statement, the Christian supreme deity (am ashamed to say God here. May Allah forgive me of my transgression as am trying to beat sense into the head of that nuclearboy. Amin), can be a monkey, a poo, a urine, etc, etc, etc. REmember there is no limit to what He can transform to. Its your world man, and am just tagging along, reminding you. Just maybe you can finally wake up from your arrogance, dilutional position. You will defeat yourself in your definition of God, not honoring Him at all! Dont you know that God limits Himself and He has Pride, yet no Arrogance, hence He allows people like me to make mistake and seek forgiveness, and you a darn kufar to hear the numerous preaching from the muslims, hopefully your hard heart may soften up and accept guidance before its too late for you? You think there will be a rapture? Not on your life! Jerry Fahwell of Moral Majority died hoping for it. Robinson, and all these preachers will hope and each one of them will regret it when they see that the sun is setting on them. (You to Pastor AIO. Ogbeni, o je gba Olorun Oba gbo ni Ikon sho sho).

One day, you will keep to the topic. At that time, people will take you serious. Until then, , ,
Your statement reminds me of what the grandson of late jazz trumpete giant Mile Davies said about himself to his son and grandson, both who are muslim "I cant prostrate my face!" Yet he told his son and Ali, his grandson and others, that he can tell that Islam is it! Dont you have any sense to know there way three gods will be equal to One God?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 4:08am On Dec 07, 2009
AS I've said earlier, its you that is limiting God. I don't understand if you think you've achieved sarcasm when you ask if He can be any of the extremes you state, but God is not limited to any imagination and can do whatever He wants or show Himself as whatever He wills.

Keep it in mind He is not a Yoruba King who needs to show Himself as "Ekeji Orisha" or olabowale who has to "win" on NL cos of his pride. Here, there's simply no point to prove cos God is God and He knows it.

BTW Nuclearboy, why do you even bother with someone who has "christians" doing magic shows for him in his sleep? Or is it "chum chi chum"? Can't you see that "Afefe ti sapa lori ni!"
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 7:59am On Dec 07, 2009
Ok, the batton just passed from Abozola to Olabowale.
Few Q for u tho:
Was God limited. as u claimed when Ur Quran or u moslems claim that the Bible which is the word of God is corrupted?
As in, God DID NOT have the power to protect the Bible.
Or He GROWS in power hence He cudnt protect the Bible from corruption but OVERTIME has grown in power
to protect Quran?/
U r the one who limits God or even ur Allah.
Cos u try to mentally figure him out and limit His operation to only what ur finit mind can handle.
And the finite minds of ur teachers of comparative religion gathering tryin to box an infinite God.

U talked bout KA BI o Ko Si in yoruba. Doesnt that mean u cant Q God?
So if God says the way to salvation if by sendin Jesus, y Q him?
If he say Today hav i begoten thee, referin to Jesus, who r to to Q the Kabio ko si?
U contradict urself ma friend.

Lastly if i may ask, what part of the Bible is Corrupted?
Cos u ket sayn Paul this Paul that? Is ur issues with d epistles od paul?
Majority of u agree that the old testament is the word of God , so i need an answer here.
oNe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 9:17am On Dec 07, 2009
And yea, pls who wrote the Quran?
oNe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 9:37am On Dec 07, 2009
The """"facts"""" according to Voltron are obvious:

[1] You have a right to put "Allah" in a box limited to your own imagination. Because He is God and you are the almighty "voltron [defender of the universe and oldest jester on NL]", He cannot go outside your own imagination!
[2] He (like me and "voltron"wink has a house and cannot be in more than one place at a time. I wonder if he sleeps and then the universe runs by itself
[3] Everything He does was inherited from another god(?) called by his same name before he appeared on the scene to show he was the real god simply by saying so to Muhammad PRIVATELY!!! And you have to face a certain direction for him to hear you. North, west and South are controlled by other "powers"
[3] Christians (those ridiculous Jesus worshiping demons) are much stronger than Allah and had the power to disrupt/cancel/change his word. He couldn't stop them since they were so powerful and so the only rebuttal Allah has for their "demonic" activities is Olabowale's noise that they are wrong since Allah cannot (or prefers not to) defend himself from the antics of keferis! Those christians must be shaitan "gan gan". A shaitan more powerful than the god.
[4] Only Muslims know the parts of the Bible that have been corrupted. The owners of Christianity do not know as much about Christianity as Muslims know
[5] Christians are "totally ashamed" because elder voltron the baby brain has "crushed" us by saying he is right, telling us about ijebu land and Zainab and informed us that turkeys and bullshit are his area of expertise and thus we are wrong.

I beg, I need a cup of water and some fresh air before I start throwing up. Then we'll come back for the "extended stories" REPLY since points cannot be kept to or direct queries answered. Noise must be adhered to
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 9:54am On Dec 07, 2009
Quran "2:79
'Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from God," to traffic with it for a miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby'
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2009
@
the seeker
With ur post i imagine u can help me.
I asked a Q earlier and im yet to get an answer.
Pls who or wat wrote the Quran?
oNe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2009
what a question?imagine,Muhammad's companions wrote it down after HE recited it down to them
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
@uplawal
Wat a Q? Imagine?
Na waa oo, so i cant ask a Q bout wat i dont kno again??
Sorwwy o UpNepa or uplawal,
At least u culdda even made ur answer clearer after d jeer.
Who is the HE that recited it to them, Mohammad?
If yes,how did He come about wat he recited?
oNe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2009
@Nuclearboy: « #321 on: Today at 04:08:44 AM »  
AS I've said earlier, its you that is limiting God. I don't understand if you think you've achieved sarcasm when you ask if He can be any of the extremes you state, but God is not limited to any imagination and can do whatever He wants or show Himself as whatever He wills.
Keep it in mind He is not a Yoruba King who needs to show Himself as "Ekeji Orisha" or olabowale who has to "win" on NL cos of his pride. Here, there's simply no point to prove cos God is God and He knows it.
BTW Nuclearboy, why do you even bother with someone who has "christians" doing magic shows for him in his sleep? Or is it "chum chi chum"? Can't you see that "Afefe ti sapa lori ni!"
If I were a christian I will respond to the bolded with "ki ibi ma pada lo si ori onibi!" Alhamdulillah, am a muslim, so I will not say that, since I do not even fear, any but Allah, Alone, and by my fear I run to Him, seeking forgiveness and His mercy, instead of trying to run away from Him, since I know that I cant escape Him, if He wishes me evil!

In my proof of the limitation of Biblical God, while in my today's wise world I can not hide from the reach of Allah, but the naive Adam after eating the apple was able to hide from the Bible God/Yahweh/Jehovah, or maybe Jesus (jester voltron asked nuclearboy) or ghost (jester voltron asked nuclearboy, another question) or all of the three or some combination of them in lock steps (Jester Voltron asked Nuclearboy yet this assortment of 3 questions), The Bible God was looking around for him, in the garden, asking "Where are you?" I asked you, which of the two have Unlimited Power and Knowledge? A God that cant even protect a single man, Adam from eating what he must not eat (I hope this dude nuclearboy makes the mistakes of asking if the Muslim God knows if Adam will even approach the tree, then i will just quote The Ayah in Surah Baqarah which says to the Angel "I am going to create a Viceroy on the earth), and you think He has power to come on earth?

Maybe you are right because as he got on earth, his power diminished exponentially, the reason he needed mommy's breast milk, needed mom to wipe his butt when he made poo (am using your language), then later graduated to semi solid food, then to solid food and in the long run did not do more than what ordinary man, messenger and prophet Musa (AS)! No wonder the people did not listen to Jesus the human god, while Musa was a big boss on them. No wonder the hoodlums of jerusalem not more than 5000 (am exagerating now) were able to hang him! Is that God or god, Nuclearboy?

@DBR; #322 on: Today at 07:59:21 AM »  
Ok, the batton just passed from Abozola to Olabowale.
there is no race here, please.

Few Q for u tho:
Was God limited. as u claimed when your Quran or u moslems claim that the Bible which is the word of God is corrupted?
No where in the Quran is "THe Bible" mentioned. If you can find it, please show it to me. "Bible" I said, so dont bring about Torah, or Sabur, or Injil. Okay?

As in, God DID NOT have the power to protect the Bible.
Or He GROWS in power hence He cudnt protect the Bible from corruption but OVERTIME has grown in power
to protect Quran?/
refer to my response, above.

U r the one who limits God or even your Allah.
Bible God is different in evey respect from Quran God.

Cos u try to mentally figure him out and limit His operation to only what your finit mind can handle.
And the finite minds of your teachers of comparative religion gathering tryin to box an infinite God.
Quite the opposite by me. Allah says of Himself what I say on the web. I do not try to analyse Him. I couldnt, but free to analyse anything that is not Him. So I ask you again, sqeeze three into One or 1 into 3.

U talked bout KA BI o Ko Si in yoruba. Doesnt that mean u cant Q God?
This quote you will find in Quran. Try Surah Baqarah verse 255. Show me in the Bible where Bible God says he is coming to the earth as a human being to die?

So if God says the way to salvation if by sendin Jesus, y Q him?
Show this from the Torah, because it should be revealed prior to Jesus coming, and not after!

If he say Today hav i begoten thee, referin to Jesus, who r to to Q the Kabio ko si?
U contradict urself ma friend.
Begotten thee according to the Bible was said to many, including Jacob, His first son. No? You are tripping yourself.

Lastly if i may ask, what part of the Bible is Corrupted?
God cant be One and be three. That will be multiple personality, a big time Psychiatry desease. No? I think that is enough. Yet I have many more, but it will be a waste to give you everything in one shot!

Cos u ket sayn Paul this Paul that? Is your issues with d epistles od paul?
Is Paul the mouth piece of God or Jesus is, only in the New Testament, considering that Moses was in OT? Is Paul the mouth piece of Jesus, or it should be the disciples who knew Jesus? PLease if the Bible is the word of God, when we can point out word of Paul and others, it killeth that statement about "Bible being absolutely word of God", which in essence makes it a corrupted word of God, because we read word of Paul, and gang, two. No?

Majority of u agree that the old testament is the word of God , so i need an answer here.
oNe
What happened to NT is what happened to OT, both are corrupt!

« #323 on: Today at 09:17:30 AM »  
And yea, pls who wrote the Quran?
oNe
Allah. Nothing in it except what Allah says must be in it.

@nuclearboy (m): « #324 on: Today at 09:37:18 AM »  
The """"facts"""" according to Voltron are obvious:
[1] You have a right to put "Allah" in a box limited to your own imagination. Because He is God and you are the almighty "voltron [defender of the universe and oldest jester on NL]", He cannot go outside your own imagination!
[/quote]Silly statement. Dont worship me because you can worship anything. For me, am a human being, with no power to do anything, so you will lose in addition to the loss of worshipping trinity, already!

[2] He (like me and "voltron"wink has a house and cannot be in more than one place at a time. I wonder if he sleeps and then the universe runs by itself
Itherefore, your bible is wrong to say that God rested. No? I hope you can navigate the maze of rest!

[3] Everything He does was inherited from another god(?) called by his same name before he appeared on the scene to show he was the real god simply by saying so to Muhammad PRIVATELY!!! And you have to face a certain direction for him to hear you. North, west and South are controlled by other "powers"[/quote}this is the most unintelligent thing, bar none, you have said. I am in the west to Kaaba, so I face east ward, directing my face to it. Those on the east of Kaaba face it westward. Those noth to it, southward, and those south, northward and finally if you are in its vicinity, you just face it. If you are inside it, you just face anywhere except the roof! No salah or supplication is permissable with eyes raised.
Who heard God saying to Jesus that Jesus is God? Do you have proofs that Jesus is The Always Alive, Never Dead, Indivisible, All Powerful, etc, etc God? PastorAIO, se o ngbo bi mo se nda omode yi, ribo ribo? I am using heavy foot to keep it (his idea)!

[quote][3] Christians (those ridiculous Jesus worshiping demons) are much stronger than Allah and had the power to disrupt/cancel/change his word.
What Allah permits of evil of the heart of man, after He has commanded against it, the free will given to that person he/she is being used for evil. So out of the free will, the Jews have changed the Books in their custody, whose fault is that? Heck, they in their own free will concorted a scheme to kill your God, Jesus. No? And according to you they succeeded. Is that action not an action of corruption, since God is supposed to be always alive, and no one can kill him? Or is Christian god a quick to die diety. Either way, you lose!

Now tell me will the Jews who killed Jesus go to Heaven like the Christians or they will go to lake of fire like the muslims? (lol). If they will go to heaven like you, then Jesus death was actually in vain, meaningless as it actually serves no purpose, even against the people who do not believe it and not believe in him. If the Jews will go to hellfire, like the muslims, then it shows that there is no mercy in the Christian God, etc and their going to this place for punishment is because their OT is different from the NT, in belief and other substances; The jews said "we are against you/killing you" because of you saying that you are equal to God. No? Now the OT says "not equal to God", the NT says "equal to God"! Who is correct? There is your answer, Nuclearboy, the unstable book, always going through changes, since Allah allows the free will of the Jews to be able to overcome your human god, so it shows that your God is not really God, and that since there are disagreements in your Book, then, which is correct and which is doctored between the OT and NT?

He couldn't stop them since they were so powerful and so the only rebuttal Allah has for their "demonic" activities is Olabowale's noise that they are wrong since Allah cannot (or prefers not to) defend himself from the antics of keferis! Those christians must be shaitan "gan gan". A shaitan more powerful than the god.
Nuclearboy, when you say these things about Allah being eak, have you even thought about the fact that you have a dead God, Jews laugh at you more than I laugh at you, and it is an endictment on the all time weakness of your God? Allah is undying and no one can even see Him. The fact that you are allowed to be with a hard heart, disbelieving is simply because your soul is a disbeleievr by your choice, why blaming the God that allows you to exercise your free will? Allah says in the Quran, the way of righteousness is set clear from the path of unrighteousness. Allah says Allah does not force people against their will to accept religion, so that they do not say "Allah forced me to accept Islam". These verses are in Quran. So your silly assumptions are just that, silly.

[4] Only Muslims know the parts of the Bible that have been corrupted. The owners of Christianity do not know as much about Christianity as Muslims know
Tell me which one is correct, OT God is One. NT God is Three? This is obvious for those whose who can see!

[5] Christians are "totally ashamed" because elder voltron the baby brain has "crushed" us by saying he is right, telling us about ijebu land and Zainab and informed us that turkeys and bullshit are his area of expertise and thus we are wrong.
Am an Ijebu boy. Am also Zaynab's husband. Unless you can proof me wrong in either, the condition stands. Turkey and Bull dung, you brought them. No? You should be ashamed of saying human is God in the same breath the Onifa says Ifa is God. No?

I beg, I need a cup of water and some fresh air before I start throwing up. Then we'll come back for the "extended stories" REPLY since points cannot be kept to or direct queries answered. Noise must be adhered to
Its nice to purge yourself of the rotten things you gubbled up already. That will allow you to be ready to accept truth, because you must be ready for it. No?  
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2009
@DBR: « #326 on: Today at 04:10:59 PM »
@
the seeker
With your post i imagine u can help me.
I asked a Q earlier and im yet to get an answer.
Pls who or wat wrote the Quran?
oNe
The yorubas say "aa dadee ko nrinu ade" (the wearer of the crown does not see the inside of the crown). He commands how it should be made and when they put it on his/her head its always from the back,

Allah Commands the words to be written down for all, Muhammad (AS) to memorise it. It came in revelation, a resolve as appropriate, piecemeal by piecemeal to issues that affects mankind into belief, in a 23 year period.

Now, pls who or wat wrote the Bible? I ask in the same manner as you had asked; who or wat!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by toluxa1(m): 9:49pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ola. You have not answerd my question o.

First of all, let me begin from here and ask you, and every Muslim this question. You just pointed above that there is NOTHING God cannot do, right? Good (assumming answer is Yes), so why do you people find it heard to believe that He Can Have a Son?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 10:11pm On Dec 07, 2009
@Toluxa1:

Save your breath and time. Earlier in this thread, I said a muslim contacted me. Same guy has again written me and asked me to read Surah 5:101 in which Allah warns muslims not to ask questions about things which if made plain to them, may cause them trouble. Any thing that could bring illumination must be kept away from and must not be considered whether reasonable or not. Please compare this to the God who said to "test ALL spirits". Anyway, olabowale has said we serve different gods.

The same guy wrote that I'm wasting my time cos none here will even bother to try to understand cos of the mindset and background. Sadly, he says he understands the issues involved but cannot convert for fear of his family and people.

I wish everyone luck here and my only reason for coming here was because I wondered at many things which have now become clear.

@Voltron: I actually ended up enjoying you at least for the humor. Cheers, Man
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by toluxa1(m): 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
I just pray that God will indeed, in His time open their eyes to see through His Word.

Jer 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by mavenbox: 12:41am On Dec 08, 2009
nuclearboy:

@Toluxa1:

Save your breath and time. Earlier in this thread, I said a muslim contacted me. [size=13pt]Same guy has again written me and asked me to read Surah 5:101 in which Allah warns muslims not to ask questions about things which if made plain to them, may cause them trouble.[/size] Any thing that could bring illumination must be kept away from and must not be considered whether reasonable or not. Please compare this to the God who said to "test ALL spirits". Anyway, olabowale has said we serve different gods.

The same guy wrote that I'm wasting my time cos none here will even bother to try to understand cos of the mindset and background. Sadly, he says he understands the issues involved but cannot convert for fear of his family and people.

I wish everyone luck here and my only reason for coming here was because I wondered at many things which have now become clear.

Thanks for the light at the end of the tunnel, nuclearboy. Finally I understand the reasons-why!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by toluxa1(m): 12:48am On Dec 08, 2009
Me too
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by mavenbox: 1:00am On Dec 08, 2009
[redacted]
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 8:11am On Dec 08, 2009
Bravoooo, Olabowale.
Your double standard amazes me and it's wordy of an award!

So both the old and new testament is corrupt.
U askin if Paul was d mouth piece of God as that corrupts it, if it is.
Callin it the word of Paul and Moses, hmmmm, interestin'
Did paul n moses write Mathew mark luke and john? Titus,Peter et all
Did paul carry on solitarily or workin with the disciples that were with Jesus christ?
Na wa oooooo,

By ur logical interpretation, lemme ask:
Is d Quran the word of God or the corrupted word of an unlearned man
who happens to be a pedophile? Or does that not matter?
How are we sure he heard e'rthin right? Im just goin by ur own mental assesment style.
Is he so smart that he remembered ALL Allah(that happens to be a plural form) dictated to him
He wasnt literate so i wondered how he TOOK DOWN d dictates.
Or allah waits for him to memmorize before he continues to d next word or line??/
Now im beginnin to get a picture how the satanc verse came bout.
And much later Mohammad Re-dictates to his own associates, hmmmmm, nice!

Now imagine that was the story of how the Bible was written and honestly tell me u wont
roll out arsenal of attack on how it cld not maintain the credibility/validity.
Im givin u the chance to put holes into it by urself.

Who wrote the Bible?
God is the Author of the Bible, but He used people to do the actual writing.
God used people from all walks of life including farmer, carpenter, fisher, prophet, tax collector, doctor, tentmaker, soldier, shepherd, priest, and king to write it and amazingly over 40 pple wrote 66books and one cannot but recognize the commonality of their words. Afterall t'was God authorin' it.
Yea maybe they aint smart enuff to memorize like Mohammed but hey, A short pencil is far better than a long memory.
oNe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2009
Toluxa1 is quoting Jeremiah to indicate what? The word of God or the word of Jesus? Is Jer written or revealed or preached by Jesus in his lifetime on earth? Did jesus really complete or finish anything? Anything at all according to what you guys are saying fromyour Bible? I am sure he didnt!

@Nuclearboy and his groupies: « #332 on: Yesterday at 10:11:01 PM »
@Toluxa1:
Save your breath and time. Earlier in this thread, I said a muslim contacted me. Same guy has again written me and asked me to read Surah 5:101 in which Allah warns muslims not to ask questions about things which if made plain to them, may cause them trouble. Any thing that could bring illumination must be kept away from and must not be considered whether reasonable or not. Please compare this to the God who said to "test ALL spirits". Anyway, olabowale has said we serve different gods.
So if I were you, I would have asked the muslim guy to give me meaning of it or at least his understanding. But you will not do that because your disbelieving soul will lead you to lies, falsities. Well, Alhamdulillah, the Quran is open for scrutiny and the Tafsir of Quran is now available on the internet. I like Tafisr Ibn Kathir, so I went to it, even though I know enough of the verse. Below you will read what the explanation is, including ahadith and examples of real life application.

@Voltron: I actually ended up enjoying you at least for the humor. Cheers, Man
Tell you hypocrite guy to leave islam and if a yoruba guy, he can move to Ekiti State where most of them are Kufar, Christian and am sure they will accept him. No? No Yoruba person have been killed in Yorubaland for leaving Islam. Or are there, because no one has made an attempt on the lives of Ashimolowo, Bakare, etc, yet! Liars, you and your hypocrite friend. Alhamdulillah, am a yoruba and if I never live in that land, I will remain a 100% Yoruba blood, hence you cant pull a wool over my eyes!

Unnecessary Questioning is Disapproved of by Allah. Try to read this people and compare it to the best from your bible, the Mercy is known!

Allah said next, (O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble.) This Ayah refers to good conduct that Allah is teaching His believing servants, by forbidding them from asking about useless things. Since if they get the answers they sought, they might be troublesome for them and difficult on their ears. Al-Bukhari recorded that Anas bin Malik said, "The Messenger of Allah gave a speech unlike anything I heard before. In this speech, he said, (If you but know what I know, you will laugh little and cry a lot.) The companions of Allah's Messenger covered their faces and the sound of crying was coming out of their chests. A man asked, `Who is my father' The Prophet said, `So-and-so'.

1). This Ayah was later revealed, (Ask not about things, ).'' Muslim, Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i recorded this Hadith. Ibn Jarir recorded that Qatadah said about Allah's statement, (O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble.) Anas bin Malik narrated that once, the people were questioning the Messenger of Allah until they made him angry. So he ascended the Minbar and said, (You will not ask me about anything today but I will explain it to you.).

So the Companions of the Messenger of Allah feared that it was the commencement of a momentous event, and I looked to my right and left and found only people who covered their faces, crying. An argumentative man who was said to be the son of someone other than his true father asked, "O Allah's Messenger! Who is my father The Prophet said, `Your father is Hudhafah.'' `Umar stood up (when he saw anger on the Prophet's face) and said, "We accept Allah as our Lord, Islam as our religion and Muhammad as our Messenger, I seek refuge with Allah from the evil of the Fitan (trials in life and religion).''

The Messenger of Allah said, (I have never witnessed both goodness and evil like I have today. Paradise and the Fire were shown to me and I saw them before that wall.) This Hadith was recorded in the Two Sahihs from Sa`id. Al-Bukhari recorded that Ibn `Abbas said, "Some people used to question the Messenger of Allah to mock him. One of them would ask, `Who is my father,' while another would ask, `Where is my camel,' when he lost his camel.

2). Allah sent down this Ayah about them, (O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble, ).'' Imam Ahmad recorded that `Ali said, "When this Ayah was revealed, (And Hajj to the House is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can bear the journey.)[3:97], they asked, `O Allah's Messenger! Is it required every year' He did not answer them, and they asked again, `Is it every year' He still did not answer them, so they asked, `Is it every year' He said, (No, and had I said `yes', it would have become obligated, and had it become obligated, you would not be able to bear it.).

3). Allah sent down, (O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble.).'' At-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah also recorded this Hadith. The apparent wording of this Ayah indicates that we are forbidden to ask about things that if one has knowledge of, he would be sorry he had asked. Consequently, it is better to avoid such questions. rAllah's statement, (But if you ask about them while the Qur'an is being revealed, they will be made plain to you.) means, if you ask about things that you are prohibited from asking about, then when the revelation about them comes to the Messenger , they will be made plain for you, (Verily! That is easy for Allah.). Allah said next, (Allah has forgiven that,) what you did before this, (and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing.) Do not ask about things that do not have a ruling yet, for because of your questions, a difficult ruling may be ordained. A Hadith states, (The worst criminal among the Muslims is he who asks if a matter is unlawful (or not), and it becomes unlawful because of his asking about it.) It is recorded in the Sahih that the Messenger of Allah said, (Leave me as I have left you, those before you were destroyed because of many questions and disputing with their Prophets.). An authentic Hadith also states, (Allah, the Most Honored, has ordained some obligations, so do not ignore them; has set some limits, so do not trespass them; has prohibited some things, so do not commit them; and has left some things without rulings, out of mercy for you, not that He forgot them, so do not ask about them.).

Allah said next, (Before you, a community asked such questions, then on that account they became disbelievers.) meaning, some people before your time asked such questions and they were given answers. They did not believe the answers, so they became disbelievers because of that. This occurred because these rulings were made plain to them, yet they did not benefit at all from that, for they asked about these things not to gain guidance, but only to mock and defy.

(103. Allah has not instituted things like Bahirah or a Sa'ibah or a Wasilah or a Ham. But those who disbelieve invent lies against Allah, and most of them have no understanding.) (104. And when it is said to them: "Come to what Allah has revealed and unto the Messenger.'' They say: "Enough for us is that which we found our fathers following,'' even though their fathers had no knowledge whatsoever and no guidance.)
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 11:24am On Dec 08, 2009
olabowale:

Unnecessary Questioning is Disapproved of by Allah. Try to read this people and compare it to the best from your bible, the Mercy is known!

- Cults do not permitt too much questions.

- Mohammed is a liar and Allah is a demon, hence saying some questions are unnecessary is equivalent to brainwashing people and maintaining the power of the cult of islam.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2009
With a single verse Allah admonishes. The explanation contains ahadith, sunnah and real life situation, all presented to you above. Yet no2atheism, a resident of England did not get anything from it. You remind me of Toluxa1, Nuclearboy, etc in your ignominy! Is there any reasin that I should now pay attention to your ignorance? No reason, because you have proven yourself to be intentionally deceitful!

There are many on going threads where Muslims ask varied questions and no one have said they couldnt of what is already been asked, with answers in Quran and Hadith/Sunnah!

Should you ask about Jesus, Allah gave the answers already. Should you ask about Trinity, the same situation!

You are dismissed, man!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
If cult does not permit too many questions, is Catholic not a good group of the bigger umbrella cult to illustrate this?

Asking question: Tell me Who is God?

Is He All Powerful?

Is He Invisible?

Is He All Wise?

Is He a human being?

Just a few of many questions, and how is Jesus fairing as God if we consider any of the above and how many Gods are there?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 1:23pm On Dec 08, 2009
olabowale:

If cult does not permit too many questions, is Catholic not a good group of the bigger umbrella cult to illustrate this?

Is He All Powerful?

Is He Invisible?

Is He All Wise?

Is He a human being?

Just a few of many questions, and how is Jesus fairing as God if we consider any of the above and how many Gods are there?

And have I ever told you that Roman Catholism is not a cult. . . undecided
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by kolaoloye(m): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2009
olabowale:

Is He All Powerful?

Is He Invisible?

Is He All Wise?

Is He a human being?

Sir, why are you asking us this kind of questions knowing fully well that
God is all powerful, invisible, omnipotent and the rest?
There is only one God, the creator.
Don't be confused with the issue of trinity.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by mavenbox: 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2009
this thread is dead, it died long ago at the hands of the nuclearboy who nuked em all. What we can all see now is the fungi sprouting from the debris.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2009
@mavenbox/no2atheism/toluxa1:

Someone just sent me one of the most amazing pieces of info I ever saw in my life as a response to my discussing this thread with him. Unfortunately, I would have to type it up as its in book form. You'll probably be unable to stop laughing for awhile if you read it. I'll type it up if you guys (apologies to Mavenbox, our lady) want. Create a dud account on yahoo (not your regular box but just to get this) and send details to me. Within a couple of days (hours if I can type that fast), you'll get it. Forgive me in advance though if this gives you a tummy ache from laughter.

UPDATE TO THE ABOVE: I can send some of it now if any of you wants it
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Philipsok(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2009
Isn't it vivid 2 u dat they re deceiving us? Check dis 1, they told us dat God created adam&eve, den adam&eve had abel&cain. Cain later killed abel and cain went 2 d east of eden and met his wife. Who created d wife?[color=#990000][/color]
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 9:30pm On Dec 08, 2009
@no2atheism: « #342 on: Today at 01:23:02 PM »
Quote from: olabowale on Today at 01:19:49 PM
Is He All Powerful?
Is He Invisible?
Is He All Wise?
Is He a human being?
And have I ever told you that Roman Catholism is not a cult. . .
Considering the population of the Catholics, this dramastically reduced the population and percentageof the true Christians to under 50%. No? Yet I have not spoken about the Coptic, the Eastern, Greek, etc, etc, orthodoxes, and the many fragments in Ethiopia, or the middle eastern nestorian/ite and other groups! Yet not all the Aladuras and the Celes (Noetic15 you are in for a rude awakening (lol)), etc! Yet you still have the lake of fire and the least in the kingdom, etc promises of Jesus an the "I do not know thee" after they say that they perform great miracles in his name! Man you are batting zero, everytime you come up at bat!

Did you see my entry on the kidnapping thread, made just for you, while I am not making light of the critical situation?

@kola oloye (m): « #343 on: Today at 01:34:22 PM »
Quote from: olabowale on Today at 01:19:49 PM
Is He All Powerful?
Is He Invisible?
Is He All Wise?
Is He a human being?
Sir, why are you asking us this kind of questions knowing fully well that
God is all powerful, invisible, omnipotent and the rest?
There is only one God, the creator.
Don't be confused with the issue of trinity.
Ogbeni Oloye, my question is to the core of the pitiful claim that Jesus of the Bible is a God, since you know that he fail to meet the Qualities of what humans know belong to God! You even said that Jesus was killed, termination his life on earth at that time, before he was "born again" (lol) like you I suppose? Ogbeni, dont make me laugh.

Neither of the elites of Christianity attempted the to answer the simple sets of Questions. And at the critical hour, the behae like the denier like "peter" (I dont know his name and I dont care) who denied Biblical Jesus before dawn! Why should I expect better from you fellas, since your earlier examples were thomases, Judases, Peter(es)?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by mavenbox: 10:36pm On Dec 08, 2009
Philipsok:

Isn't it vivid 2 u dat they re deceiving us? Check dis 1, they told us dat God created adam&eve, den adam&eve had abel&cain. Cain later killed abel and cain went 2 d east of eden and met his wife. Who created d wife?[color=#990000][/color]
You need to have some background teaching in ancient Jewish customs. Women are not always mentioned unless they had a spectacular role in the mix of things. Adam and Eve obviously had other children, female, and Cain's wife (sister? niece? or grand-niece or whatever) must have travelled together with him to the East.

Cain did not marry anyone in the East (it is not said that he married there, but rather said that the wife got pregnant there), he went along with his wife. The AMPLIFIED version quoted below shows that it was one of Adam's offspring as well, which could be his sister, niece, grand-niece or some other complex in-law of sorts as can be obtained in such a very small and ingrown family.

When the Bible says that CAIN travelled to the East, I hope you know it does not mean the man Cain alone? Because the name CAIN will refer to him and his family, just like ISRAEL always referred to Jacob and his offspring even before they became a nation.

AMPLIFIED
Gen 4:16 So Cain went away from the presence of the Lord and dwelt in the land of Nod [wandering], east of Eden.
Gen 4:17 And Cain's wife [one of Adam's offspring] became pregnant and bore Enoch; and Cain built a city and named it after his son Enoch.

KJV
Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

The MESSAGE
Gen 4:16 Cain left the presence of GOD and lived in No-Man's-Land, east of Eden.
Gen 4:17 Cain slept with his wife. She conceived and had Enoch. He then built a city and named it after his son, Enoch.

Best Regards,
Mavenbox
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by kolaoloye(m): 9:15am On Dec 09, 2009
olabowale:

@kola oloye (m): « #343 on: Today at 01:34:22 PM » Ogbeni Oloye, my question is to the core of the pitiful claim that Jesus of the Bible is a God, since you know that he fail to meet the Qualities of what humans know belong to God! You even said that Jesus was killed, termination his life on earth at that time, before he was "born again" (lol) like you I suppose? Ogbeni, dont make me laugh.

Neither of the elites of Christianity attempted the to answer the simple sets of Questions. And at the critical hour, the behae like the denier like "peter" (I dont know his name and I dont care) who denied Biblical Jesus before dawn! Why should I expect better from you fellas, since your earlier examples were thomases, Judases, Peter(es)?
How many times do i have to repeat myself on NLD that there is only one GOD,the creator.
Jesus is the son of his Majesty,Jehovah God,the maker of the heaven and the Earth.

Bible says:"there is no salvation in any other except Christ" who sacrificed himself on the cross for you and I.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by kolaoloye(m): 9:56am On Dec 09, 2009
Let me say something here: there is something called "the kingdom of God".
This kingdom comprises of the father (GOD), the son (JESUS) and the comforter (HOLY SPIRIT)
From the beginning of the creation they were,during creation and till date they are.
Jesus never called himself GOD. He always refers to God as his father.
This kingdom is like a human being with many parts only that the kingdom has just 3.
That is the father ,the son and the holy spirit.

In Genesis, He said: 'Let us make man in our own image after our likeness. . . '
US in the scripture above was referring to the other parts.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 1:11am On Dec 10, 2009
@Kola Oloye: « #349 on: Yesterday at 09:15:47 AM »
Quote from: olabowale on December 08, 2009, 09:30 PM
@kola oloye (m): « #343 on: Today at 01:34:22 PM » Ogbeni Oloye, my question is to the core of the pitiful claim that Jesus of the Bible is a God, since you know that he fail to meet the Qualities of what humans know belong to God! You even said that Jesus was killed, termination his life on earth at that time, before he was "born again" (lol) like you I suppose? Ogbeni, dont make me laugh.

How many times do i have to repeat myself on NLD that there is only one GOD,the creator.
repeat it till the last day on earth, it still will be wrong! since you qualify one as below.

Jesus is the son of his Majesty,
Why would God have a son? What purpose does it serve, when God is capable of doing all that He needs to do for mankind, without a single need of help from anyone, anything?

Jehovah God,the maker of the heaven and the Earth.
And when you praise Him you say Allehy luyya, and there i no place Jehovah or Yahweh appears!

Bible says:"there is no salvation in any other except Christ"
The Bible is wrong, since the OT part of it disagrees. The Bible has no foresight to know that if Christ was the salvation answer, then there would never have been a need for the Another comforter who will teach even the things Jesus did not have the capability to do it! I will expantiate on that later.

who sacrificed himself on the cross for you and I.
Kola you are kidding me. Right? I hope that Mom and Dad dont know that you do this in Abuja, when you arrive in Abeokuta! The same Jesus who found every excuse to get out, with so much begging, prayers, crying, weeping, etc, etc? And he finally ended it up by blaming God? How did he sacrifice himself, man, when little Ismail (AS) told his father Ibrahim (AS) that you will find me "patience" by Allah. Tell me how he did his, at 33, when a little boy was able to be courageous about his impending slaughter?

« #350 on: Yesterday at 09:56:15 AM »
Let me say something here: there is something called "the kingdom of God"
Nuclearboy says kingdom of God is on earth. You say is three persons. Which one of you is wrong? Men, fight it out and no biting, scratching, screaming, etc. I want the fight to be clean.

This kingdom comprises of the father (GOD), the son (JESUS) and the comforter (HOLY SPIRIT)
From the beginning of the creation they were,during creation and till date they are.
And Jesus according to you as the word never was until it was spoken at 'let there be light'! And before this, the earth was created. no? Kola, O je pada si esin to ma gba e la, ko yowo kuro ninu keferi ti o ma nto ni iduro, tio mo bi won se ntura se. Awon obun. O lo run!

Jesus never called himself GOD. He always refers to God as his father.
And you were doing good until you say father. Considering the whole Children of israel elevated themselves above others by lying thatthey are children of God, you fall for that nonsense, too? O gaa o!

This kingdom is like a human being with many parts only that the kingdom has just 3.
Olo joro ni wo Ogbeni kola. And when any part of a man is removed, that person is not 100% as was before the removal incidence. Even if there was that cosmetic correction, functional or not, like prostasis, the person is not as normal as the one who is born 100% normal!

That is the father ,the son and the holy spirit.
And when Jesus died, as you said, and coming back from death as you said, can you say he was always alive? Kola, we need to visit this issue, InshaAllah.

In Genesis, He said: 'Let us make man in our own image after our likeness. . . '
US in the scripture above was referring to the other parts.
You should tell me whats the shape, image, measurements; height, width, thickness, etc of Yahweh/Jehovah, relative to Adam. Kola, am tired of responding to a situation that does not make sense; Is God like human? of course no! Hence, can human be imaged and or likenessed to God? Does God die, eat, etc?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Victor Eghan: Watching Game Of Thrones Will Lead You To Hell / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.