Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow (30740 Views)

Thinking Of Getting A Tattoo? See What The Bible And Quran Says About It / The Bible Says: The Earth Is Flat! / What The Quran Says About Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by jcross22: 10:00pm On Dec 12, 2009
@The_seeker, SEE WHAT YOU WROTE BY YOUR SELF:Adam - Safiyu’llah - The chosen of God
Noah - Nabiyu’llah - The preacher of God
Abraham - khililu’llah - The friend of God
Moses - Kalimu’llah - The converser with God
Muhammad - Rususlu’llah - The messenger of God.THOSE ARABIAN WORDS HAVE SUFFIX OF ALLAH , THEN WHY JIBRI(IL) IS THE SAME AS GABRI(EL) WHICH MEANS GOD STRENGTH AND ISHAM(EL) SAME AS ISMA(IL) WHICH MEANS GOD HEARS THOSE WORDS SIMPLY END WITH (EL) IN HEBREW AND (IL) IN ARABIAN WHICH MEANS GOD , SO PLEASE WHERE IS THOSE NAME THAT IT'S COMMON IN ARABIAN LANGUAGE AND HEBREW LANGUAGE WHICH END WITH GOD AS A SUFFIX .AS IN GABRIEL=JIBRIL, EESMAEL = ISMAIL. SIMPLE MATHS EL=IL OF ARABIC . ASK YOUR IMAM OR SHEIK.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2009
Copied this from another thread here on NL Msg#155 on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-283613.128.html

Please note this is used just to complement the issue of Omniscience/Omnipotence/Omnipresence. As I wrote earlier, our understanding differs and the author of the below has shown (better than I could myself) my understanding of God's power. Omni"gbogbo E" is just another way of limiting God.

QUOTE BEGINS

(1) The Koran throughout proclaims that God knows absolutely everything and that he can do whatever he wishes, whenever he pleases.

Comment: it appears that the Koran's authors didn't realise that omniscience and omnipotence are inconsistent characteristics. Thus, if God knows absolutely everything, then nobody could ask a question to which he doesn't know the answer, whereas if God could do whatever he wishes, whenever he pleases, then he could ask a question to which nobody knows the answer.

Verdict: inconsistency.
(2) It also appears that the Koran's authors did not appreciate that the concept of an omnipotent being is absurd. Thus, ex hypothesi an omnipotent being (OB) can do anything and everything; hence, there would not be any examples of what an OB cannot do; hence, it would be impossible for anyone to give any any examples of what an OB could not do; hence, an OB could not give any examples of what an OB could not do; but if an OB cannot give any examples of what an OB cannot do, that in itself would be an example of what an OB cannot do; hence, there would be at least one example of what an OB cannot do.

Verdict: absurdity.
QUOTE ENDS

Look at (2) again. There are no examples of what an Omnipotent being cannot be (including become a man or baby or piece of wood). The word limits God to human imagination and is MAN SPEAKING not GOD SPEAKING

So Bro, what are the questions you wished to ask?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2009
« #385 on: Yesterday at 10:43:04 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copied this from another thread here on NL Msg#155 on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-283613.128.html

Please note this is used just to complement the issue of Omniscience/Omnipotence/Omnipresence. As I wrote earlier, our understanding differs and the author of the below has shown (better than I could myself) my understanding of God's power. Omni"gbogbo E" is just another way of limiting God.

QUOTE BEGINS

(1) The Koran throughout proclaims that God knows absolutely everything and that he can do whatever he wishes, whenever he pleases.

Comment: it appears that the Koran's authors didn't realise that omniscience and omnipotence are inconsistent characteristics. Thus, if God knows absolutely everything, then nobody could ask a question to which he doesn't know the answer, whereas if God could do whatever he wishes, whenever he pleases, then he could ask a question to which nobody knows the answer.

(2) It also appears that the Koran's authors did not appreciate that the concept of an omnipotent being is absurd. Thus, ex hypothesi an omnipotent being (OB) can do anything and everything; hence, there would not be any examples of what an OB cannot do; hence, it would be impossible for anyone to give any any examples of what an OB could not do; hence, an OB could not give any examples of what an OB could not do; but if an OB cannot give any examples of what an OB cannot do, that in itself would be an example of what an OB cannot do; hence, there would be at least one example of what an OB cannot do.

QUOTE ENDS

Look at (2) again. There are no examples of what an Omnipotent being cannot be (including become a man or baby or piece of wood). The word limits God to human imagination and is MAN SPEAKING not GOD SPEAKING

Allah says in Surah Maryam that (about somethings, eg. God having a son, a partner, etc) they do not befit the "Majesty" of the Him. This simple and direct statement covers all the lies above and others not even mentioned. Allah does not say that He has a limit, but He says there are things He will not do because they do not fit His Supreme Position.

Oba ko ni deru ni ilu ti o ti joba, nigba tio si ote, ti o si ogun ti o ja ilu ti won fi fo ilu leru! Nuclearboy, "gbogbo" is explained.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 1:28pm On Dec 13, 2009
@Jcross22: « #384 on: Yesterday at 10:00:28 PM »
@The_seeker, SEE WHAT YOU WROTE BY YOUR SELF:Adam - Safiyu’llah - The chosen of God
Muhammad - Rususlu’llah - The messenger of God.THOSE ARABIAN WORDS HAVE SUFFIX OF ALLAH , THEN WHY JIBRI(IL) IS THE SAME AS GABRI(EL) WHICH MEANS GOD STRENGTH
Jibril is simple a messenger between God and mankind, including for the most part Messengers and Prophets (AS). Will God of Christians not have strength if there was no Gabreil? I dont know the answer. Allah will be complete with or without Jibril (AS), since before anything God was in existence, in full capability, even without Creations. He was what He is now, and after all things are death before the Judgement day, all things including Jibril will perish and Allah will still remain in full Power.

AND ISHAM(EL) SAME AS ISMA(IL) WHICH MEANS GOD HEARS THOSE WORDS SIMPLY END WITH (EL) IN HEBREW AND (IL) IN ARABIAN WHICH MEANS GOD , SO PLEASE WHERE IS THOSE NAME THAT IT'S COMMON IN ARABIAN LANGUAGE AND HEBREW LANGUAGE WHICH END WITH GOD AS A SUFFIX .AS IN GABRIEL=JIBRIL, EESMAEL = ISMAIL. SIMPLE MATHS EL=IL OF ARABIC . ASK YOUR IMAM OR SHEIK.
Where? It will not make sense and by this, I will say that you wanted to say why, a more sensible thing. Allah knows everything. Il is not Illa. Illa is god or God (take your pick, if you are an idol worshipper the first is for you, but if you are a true worshipper of the Creator, then the big G is what you are referring to). Is Oluwasegun, Oluwatoyin, Oluwafemi, Oluwaseyi, etc all mean that the bearers are not humans and the names are simply to acknowledge the presence/consciousness in their lives?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2009
@Olabowale, ALLAH bless you Alhaji,right now am listeninig to Alhaji Sheikh Ganiyu Aboto and Buhari ibn Musa on youtube,Naija ISLAM is sweet like honey,am so greatful to GOD am a muslim,he indeed loves me cos he opened my eyes to see his wonders
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by kolaoloye(m): 4:15pm On Dec 13, 2009
uplawal:

@Olabowale, ALLAH bless you Alhaji,right now am listeninig to Alhaji Sheikh Ganiyu Aboto and Buhari ibn Musa on youtube,Naija ISLAM is sweet like honey,am so greatful to GOD am a muslim,he indeed loves me cos he opened my eyes to see his wonders
As a good Muslim can you tell me 5 advantages of Sharia law?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2009
kola oloye:

Wanna recruit her? grin grin grin As what?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 7:16pm On Dec 13, 2009
nuclearboy:

QUOTE BEGINS

QUOTE ENDS

The God of the Quran has power over all things and can do anything. In fact most secular scholars agree that the majesty and power of Allah in the Quran in unrivalled in any religius literature. Agreed that God can do anything, there are things that He will not do, simply because it is below his nature and unbeffiting of His majesty. For example God cannot lie or be unjust or ignorant or silly or subject to anything or anyone. I want you to tell me that your God can do any of these and i will close this argument. i defintely belive that you agree that God can do any thing but will not do every thing (voice you dissent if you have any)

All  said, i put it to you that God cannot become Man and Man cannot become God. What stops a god that can stoop as low as becoming a Man from becoming a dog or pig or worm or a coackroach. You must agree that this is unplesant and unbefiiting of our Almighty creator under any circumstances whatsoever.

In most religions and cultures, God is usually qualifed with positive Attributes (i.e thing that He is). like the Greatest, the Powerful, the Almighty etc. Quite interstingly, the Aborignee (Australoid) of australia call their God by a funny negative attribute. They call him[b] ATNATU[/b], meaning one without an Anus. This is perhaps the most intriguing name for God that i have ever come across. Unlike the usual names that qualify what He is, this one qualifies what He is not. Now lets see if our dear jesus  passes this litmus test. We all for one know he ate (broiled fish etc). i will leave this rest to your Imagination.

Does your God have an Anus?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 7:47pm On Dec 13, 2009
@the_seeker:

I sincerely believe most muslims believe what they say and have been brought up to detest Christianity. because they feel God is being insulted. Is it not funny however, that both in the Bible and Koran, it is people who have a false belief who feel compelled to defend their "GOD"? And bullies usually are wrong which is why they shout loudest believing noise to counter truth? Think about it.

ANUS? "another trick question" meant to offend and ridicule, abi? And then the avenue for name-calling is opened and the uncultured can be called in to start slinging insults at the different "GODs". Don't play games here. All these "lets win using a trick" questions have no place in a conversation between people who are sincere. Funnily enough, the desire to turn every thread into a name and insult slinging doesn't help your case for a "supreme position" God who is above many things.

The God you claim all these "macho Oga patapata" attributes for has many things to prove. Listening and seeing all the insults we send in his direction in this Forum should have caused him to kill/maim/wound many people here. Why hasn't He? Cos the attribute is wrong. The True God has nothing to prove so whether its Christians, Athiests, Muslims or whatever barking, the name calling bounces off. It is the deliberate lies and mischief that are recorded and which will stand at judgement. And the fake one would not be allowed to do so by the true one so it doesn't seem to be the True one.

Again, think it through - the instance anything limits God, either the "limiter" is wrong or it is not the "true God" being referred to. Take your pick! God is UNLIMITED! And has the right to be anything including a piece of paper or yes, a PIG at any time He wants IF HE WANTS. Any god that needs to prove a point would have destroyed Satan and many people in this forum if he were the real God.

With such a proud (that can't allow himself to look low) god, "His Supreme position" is not consonant with any insult. Neither is it with people lying about Him in any way. Why hasn't He done anything about such and destroyed a sizable proportion of NL. He only sees having a partner or son ONLY as beneath HIS UNLIMITEDNESS? Wrong interpretation there, Bro.

Anyway, God is 1: a Spirit that manifested in Flesh as the SON and manifests as the Holy Ghost dwelling in and guiding His adopted children. Spirits do not use the toilet! BTW, the Bible says "I form light and create darkness"! Unjust/Silly/etc are Human words being tried to "fit" a Divine Creator. You judge that someone did wrong before you say what they did was "unjust". Who's going to judge God? So then, who's going to say whatever He does is Unjust/Silly/etc because the minute you say so, you just judged the Almighty God
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by okunoba(m): 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2009
@The Seeker, if the God of the Quran has power over all things, y then does he allow so much injustice and evil in the World, wouldn`t it have been better for God to make this World a kinder and more humane one. He could have created a  World where nobody had to steal  so they wouldn`t have their limbs cut as practiced in a sharia dominated society.

A religion of peace and a merciful God, where is the peace in suicide bombing or the mercy in cutting of the hands of the poor for stealing. The only reason u are a Muslim is because that`s the way u have been raised, if u were raised a Christian u would be claiming Jesus Christ as the son of god, as ridiculous as it might sound to u. We are a product of our upbringing. If as a seeker open ur mind to the possibilities of this World instead of being stuck in the sand of religion.

IFA rules
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by PastorAIO: 12:03am On Dec 14, 2009
okunoba:

@The Seeker, if the God of the Quran has power over all things, y then does he allow so much injustice and evil in the World, wouldn`t it have been better for God to make this World a kinder and more humane one. He could have created a  World where nobody had to steal  so they wouldn`t have their limbs cut as practiced in a sharia dominated society.

A religion of peace and a merciful God, where is the peace in suicide bombing or the mercy in cutting of the hands of the poor for stealing. The only reason u are a Muslim is because that`s the way u have been raised, if u were raised a Christian u would be claiming Jesus Christ as the son of god, as ridiculous as it might sound to u. We are a product of our upbringing. If as a seeker open your mind to the possibilities of this World instead of being stuck in the sand of religion.

IFA rules

hmmmmm Priiince! Which time Ifa start to rule for your life?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by okunoba(m): 11:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Pasto AIO, Ifa ni baba. ma benu ano.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by firebrand: 2:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
It is unfortunate that these fanatics that claims to know God more than others would go to the extent of looking for loopholes in other peoples religion so as to glorify & justify their own religion & stance on same. One of the evidence of inferiority complex is to be much concern about a perceived opponent & feel threatened most of the time. This comparasm was based on religious ego, but thank God reasons has prevailed!

Truly, viao has proved beyond every reasonable doubt that the earth described in the bible is not flat, and even gone further to make nonsense of quranic verses to the dismay of the self acclaimed arabic scholar.

`AND THOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH, AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE`
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by I: 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2009
firebrand:

It is unfortunate that these fanatics that claims to know God more than others would go to the extent of looking for loopholes in other peoples religion so as to glorify & justify their own religion & stance on same. One of the evidence of inferiority complex is to be much concern about a perceived opponent & feel threatened most of the time. This comparasm was based on religious ego, but thank God reasons has prevailed!

Truly, viao has proved beyond every reasonable doubt that the earth described in the bible is not flat, and even gone further to make nonsense of quranic verses to the dismay of the self acclaimed arabic scholar.

Another unfortunate thing: u fail to understand their replies. grin grin grin
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 11:32pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Kola Oloye: « #389 on: December 13, 2009, 04:15 PM »
Quote from: uplawal on December 13, 2009, 02:38 PM

Advantages over whatever you may have in the Bible: 1). It keeps me grounded, deferring to the Will and Commandments of God, whereby I am not doing things out of my own desire, unlike you who can move the goal post as it pleases you.

2). My order is to not commit adultery as a man, with the punishment of death by stoning looms, since I do have sexual outlet with my wife. And if am single, a 100 lashes and banishment for a year is an adequate punishment, since I can marry a woman instead of sexual impropriety.

3). Caution me from stealing especially when I can afford food to eat. If I cant the community has the obligation to help me.

4). Fair destributions of the estate of the deceased taking care of everyone, including settling of debt, and legacy. This is unlike allowing the government to decide, whereby the family members maybe unhappy.

5). Parents are the responsibilities of the children and never to severe ties from them, unlike you disbelievers who can just divorce your parents and dont care to look back, forgetting that you were nothing without them by the Mercy and Kindness of Allah making them your custodians!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 11:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
@Firebrand: « #396 on: Today at 02:08:36 PM »

Show me where Viaro accomplished the bolded. I didnt see either and I ask you and Viaro to show me, for my own edifice! Empty statement must be at least challenged for its emptiness, so there!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 11:14am On Dec 16, 2009
nuclearboy:

@the_seeker:

I sincerely believe most muslims believe what they say and have been brought up to detest Christianity. because they feel God is being insulted. Is it not funny however, that both in the Bible and Koran, it is people who have a false belief who feel compelled to defend their "GOD"? And bullies usually are wrong which is why they shout loudest believing noise to counter truth? Think about it.

ANUS? "another trick question" meant to offend and ridicule, abi? And then the avenue for name-calling is opened and the uncultured can be called in to start slinging insults at the different "GODs".  Don't play games here. All these "lets win using a trick" questions have no place in a conversation between people who are sincere. Funnily enough, the desire to turn every thread into a name and insult slinging doesn't help your case for a "supreme position" God who is above many things.

The God you claim all these "macho Oga patapata" attributes for has many things to prove. Listening and seeing all the insults we send in his direction in this Forum should have caused him to kill/maim/wound many people here. Why hasn't He? Cos the attribute is wrong. The True God has nothing to prove so whether its Christians, Athiests, Muslims or whatever barking, the name calling bounces off. It is the deliberate lies and mischief that are recorded and which will stand at judgement. And the fake one would not be allowed to do so by the true one so it doesn't seem to be the True one.

Again, think it through - the instance anything limits God, either the "limiter" is wrong or it is not the "true God" being referred to. Take your pick! God is UNLIMITED! And has the right to be anything including a piece of paper or yes, a PIG at any time He wants IF HE WANTS. Any god that needs to prove a point would have destroyed Satan and many people in this forum if he were the real God.

With such a proud (that can't allow himself to look low) god, "His Supreme position" is not consonant with any insult. Neither is it with people lying about Him in any way. Why hasn't He done anything about such and destroyed a sizable proportion of NL. He only sees having a partner or son ONLY as beneath HIS UNLIMITEDNESS? Wrong interpretation there, Bro.

Anyway, God is 1: a Spirit that manifested in Flesh as the SON and manifests as the Holy Ghost dwelling in and guiding His adopted children. Spirits do not use the toilet! BTW, the Bible says "I form light and create darkness"!  Unjust/Silly/etc are Human words being tried to "fit" a Divine Creator. You judge that someone did wrong before you say what they did was "unjust". Who's going to judge God? So then, who's going to say whatever He does is Unjust/Silly/etc because the minute you say so, you just judged the Almighty God

My post was neither meant to ridicule nor to offend. It was meant to stimulate your brain cells and force you to think. Think Man!
I never argue to win (arguements are never won), the idea is to expose the flaws and fallacies in your ideology.  You just dont accept a dogma because you want to believe. I have discussed with with several christians on the divinity of christ and the nature of the trinity and have realised that no two understandings of these dogmas are the same. I have heard all sorts of ludicrous interperations and explantions of these subjects. Everyone based on his own level of 'understanding'. It has becomes obvious that that they are all struggling to accept this dogma not because they think it makes sense but  just because they want to believe.

The good thing is that we as humans have conscience. and i know most christains go to bed every night asking themslves these same questions. How can God be one and yet be three? what is the true nature of Jesus? how can god be man? is really jesus God? The answer to these question have evaded the the greatest of thinkers for about 2,000 years? Why? Cos it is all a lie. A conspiracy of silence deeply rooted in the origins of christianty.

Islam offers you aswer to all these question. The creed of islam is free from ambiguty and is a true testimony to the unity of God. Have you ever asked yourself why it took until just 2,000 ago for God to 'reveal' to us that he is a triune God, that he has a son. Or why Moses or Abraham or Noah never knew God had a son preached that God is One. Have asked yourself why Jews and Muslims agree totally about the nature of God and his undivisible unity. And why only christianity stand out differently

Oncemore, i invite you to islam with these beautiful word from the Quran
Say: "People of the Book! Come to a proposition which is the same for us and you - that we should worship none but God and not associate any partners with Him and not take one another as lords besides God." (Qur'an, 3:64)
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by jcross22: 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2009
Muhammad - Rususlu’llah - The messenger of God.THOSE ARABIAN WORDS HAVE SUFFIX OF ALLAH , THEN WHY JIBRI(IL) IS THE SAME AS GABRI(EL) WHICH MEANS GOD STRENGTH
Jibril is simple a messenger between God and mankind, including for the most part Messengers and Prophets (AS). Will God of Christians not have strength if there was no Gabreil? I dont know the answer. Allah will be complete with or without Jibril (AS), since before anything God was in existence, in full capability, even without Creations. He was what He is now, and after all things are death before the Judgement day, all things including Jibril will perish and Allah will still remain in full Power.

AND ISHAM(EL) SAME AS ISMA(IL) WHICH MEANS GOD HEARS THOSE WORDS SIMPLY END WITH (EL) IN HEBREW AND (IL) IN ARABIAN WHICH MEANS GOD , SO PLEASE WHERE IS THOSE NAME THAT IT'S COMMON IN ARABIAN LANGUAGE AND HEBREW LANGUAGE WHICH  END WITH GOD AS A SUFFIX .AS IN GABRIEL=JIBRIL, EESMAEL = ISMAIL. SIMPLE MATHS EL=IL OF ARABIC . ASK YOUR IMAM OR SHEIK.
Where? It will not make sense and by this, I will say that you wanted to say why, a more sensible thing. Allah knows everything. Il is not Illa. Illa is god or God (take your pick, if you are an idol worshipper the first is for you, but if you are a true worshipper of the Creator, then the big G is what you are referring to). Is Oluwasegun, Oluwatoyin, Oluwafemi, Oluwaseyi, etc all mean that the bearers are not humans and the names are simply to acknowledge the presence/consciousness in their lives?

@OLABOWALE, YOU HAVE NOT ANSWERED ME ARE WAS HE NOT YOUR MUSLIMS BROTHER THAT WROTE THIS: Noah - Nabiyu’llah - The preacher of God
Muhammad - Rususlu’llah, THEN I SAY IT AGAIN ISMAIL MEANS WHAT THEN? AND JIBRIL MEANS WHAT? THEY HAVE THEIR PARTICULAR MEANING REGARDLESS TO THE FUNCTION THEY WERE CARRYING OUT . OKAY TELL ME THE MEANING OF THAT TWO NAMES SINCE YOU MENTIONED NAMES SUFFIX WITH ALLAH LIKE ABDULLAH, NABIYU'LLAH ,KHILILU'LLAH AND SO MANY OTHERS ALL THESE NAMES HAVE THEIR MEANING IN ARABIAN LANGUAGE SO TELL ME THE MEANING OF ISMAIL AND JIBRIL AND WHY WE DON'T FIND ALLAH AS THE SUFFIX. AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME ALLAH KNOWS BEST IF YOU CAN'T GIVE ME A STRAIGHT ANSWER IT MEANS YOU ARE BLIND TO YOUR god. ALLAH IS DUMMY, DEAD, DEAF DUMB AND HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING AM CHALLENGING IT'S AUTHORITY , REMEMBER IN YOUR QURAN THEY SAY ALLAH IS A FOUNTAIN OF FEAR SO IF THAT IT'S TRUE I HAVE CHALLENGE ALLAH EVEN INSTIGATE ALLAH TODO IT'S WORST SINCE IT'S FOUTAIN OF FEAR.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 12:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ the seeker
@nuclearboy

Weldone nuclearboy.
The discussion on trinity will continue foreva.
the reason being as s christian we speak from the authority os the bible.
And christains are primarily called Believers.
Now that doesnt mean we dogmatically believe e'rthin'.
But U must agree with me that a Finite mind cannot totally comprehend an Infinite God.
There are so many thing that are revealed in parts, there are so many things we are stil goin to kno
about our God when He returns and we are with Him. The word mystery stil exist so some christian givin different view of how
to explain trinity is just human grapplin with the mystery. Some xplanations culd make logical sense, some dont.
But none change d existence of it.
God has truly used the foolish things to comfound the wise, such is the mystery of salvation by christ and the deity of Jesus.

Now the delima here is that when christians make references to scriptural texts that referes to the diety of Jesus
you moslems dont believe it u say the bible is corrupt! And amazingly u seem to know which parts of the bible that is corrupt
and the part that is not cos u believe and use some parts of the bible to buttress some of ur own points.

It seems the only parts that are corrupt are just parts that are not in line wit ur own beliefs.
So dyu think we can actually make effective progress in these kinda situation?
I think not.
oNe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2009
@the_seeker:

YOU are asking ME to think?? Strange since you have been taught something and REFUSE to think about it. What you're doing is forcing yourself to stick to that by forcing "errors" into other ideologies to self-justify. Maybe you should use the same criteria on yourself!

The beauty of true "Christianity" is that it is personal and doesn't allow any pre-decided idea(s) of who/what/how God is! Not what parents/society/peer pressure suggests. You will find that most real Believers fought a war within themselves before they believed and that is why its called "surrendering to God" or becoming "born-again". Wasn't easy, guy! We had to deal with what you are closing your mind to. And each thus has a different maturity/understanding level. That is supported by the Scriptures! So when you say each has his own understanding, Yes, that is right. Its not like memorizing something and just repeating it non-stop. Here, I need my mind and will to do whatever and it is personal

That is the beauty of free-will coupled with reason. I follow a creed that says "question everything". EVERYTHING! And it took time to reason out why I am my "word", why free-will sent Adam out and brings us in and that it makes sense to follow a God that is not proud, that is not distant, that cares enough to show His Love and whose worst "crime" was that He was Holy. And, He is the true God is why its only Him that everyone cares enough to study and fight against. Haba, on this forum, there are non-Christians who have read the Bible more than us its owners

I have lofty things to look up to, to try to achieve. Interesting that no religion claims evil "in any form" of Jesus. In fact, everyone tries to associate with Him. Compare that to the alternatives where everyone tries to force this "Crying Carpenter Son the Son etc" to be associated to them. Funny, ehn? Especially when Christianity ignores these alternatives since they don't matter to it.

You insist on using the word "Triune". It is NOT 3 GODS but 1 GOD showing Himself in 3 ways. My example was [1] a letter [2] a telephone call [3] a physical visit. If I can do that, well?

The Word for God in Genesis is plural! Have you forgotten Isaiah spoke of "Emmanuel [God with/amongst us] called the Saviour, Mighty God etc". Have you not neglected David's psalm where he said "The Lord said unto my Lord"? You selectively read the Bible looking for errors forgetting that what we say is that it was written by MEN but inspired by God. Each man used his own literature but 40 authors put together a book that has the SAME MESSAGE. Not coming together to make it "ONE" as other religions do, only proves that this is a personal issue wherein each finds his own way to the same truth and grow, aided by the Spirit of God and of course, fought every step of the way by religion, the lack of religion, satan, peer pressure etc. And of course, the wise men of NL
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
BTW, I remember speaking to an Ifa priest years back. The conversation came around to Jesus whereupon he said even the oracle mentions Him. I laughed and then he recited

Yoruba English
Ela si dide ni orun                                                                                 The Deliverer rose in Heaven
o ni o'un lo si aiye                                                                                  and said He was going to the world
won si bere pe, "Oluwa" ki ni e fe lo se                                                and they asked saying "Lord", what are you going to do there?
O si wipe, oun ma lo di omo ninu wundia                                              and He said He would go and become a child in a virgin
o'un osi ko won, o'un o si gbe eniti o ba gbagbo ninu oun ga              and teach them and would raise up those who believe in Him

But he then said they see him in the same context as Shango, Obatala etc

I'm laughing my arse off using Ifa Oracle as a case for Christianity but I laughed even more that day thinking that truly, God leaves no room for doubt. It was a wake up call to me. Every religion has a reference to the Carpenter God. Funny that Ifa uses the same language as Bible and Koran. "Deliverer"? Those in Heaven called Him "LORD"? Truth leaves no room, my guy.

PS: My written Yoruba is not perfect so any mistakes above are mine. But even if I forget parts of the Bible I shouldn't, I will never forget the above quote which he had to recite over and over cos my senses overloaded
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2009
nuclearboy:

@the_seeker:

YOU are asking ME to think?? Strange since you have been taught something and REFUSE to think about it. What you're doing is forcing yourself to stick to that by forcing "errors" into other ideologies to self-justify. Maybe you should use the same criteria on yourself!

The beauty of true "Christianity" is that it is personal and doesn't allow any pre-decided idea(s) of who/what/how God is! Not what parents/society/peer pressure suggests. You will find that most real Believers fought a war within themselves before they believed and that is why its called "surrendering to God" or becoming "born-again". Wasn't easy, guy! We had to deal with what you are closing your mind to. And each thus has a different maturity/understanding level. That is supported by the Scriptures! So when you say each has his own understanding, Yes, that is right. Its not like memorizing something and just repeating it non-stop. Here, I need my mind and will to do whatever and it is personal

That is the beauty of free-will coupled with reason. I follow a creed that says "question everything". EVERYTHING! And it took time to reason out why I am my "word", why free-will sent Adam out and brings us in and that it makes sense to follow a God that is not proud, that is not distant, that cares enough to show His Love and whose worst "crime" was that He was Holy. And, He is the true God is why its only Him that everyone cares enough to study and fight against. Haba, on this forum, there are non-Christians who have read the Bible more than us its owners

I have lofty things to look up to, to try to achieve. Interesting that no religion claims evil "in any form" of Jesus. In fact, everyone tries to associate with Him. Compare that to the alternatives where everyone tries to force this "Crying Carpenter Son the Son etc" to be associated to them. Funny, ehn? Especially when Christianity ignores these alternatives since they don't matter to it.

You insist on using the word "Triune". It is NOT 3 GODS but 1 GOD showing Himself in 3 ways. My example was [1] a letter [2] a telephone call [3] a physical visit. If I can do that, well?

The Word for God in Genesis is plural! Have you forgotten Isaiah spoke of "Emmanuel [God with/amongst us] called the Saviour, Mighty God etc". Have you not neglected David's psalm where he said "The Lord said unto my Lord"? You selectively read the Bible looking for errors forgetting that what we say is that it was written by MEN but inspired by God. Each man used his own literature but 40 authors put together a book that has the SAME MESSAGE. Not coming together to make it "ONE" as other religions do, only proves that this is a personal issue wherein each finds his own way to the same truth and grow, aided by the Spirit of God and of course, fought every step of the way by religion, the lack of religion, satan, peer pressure etc. And of course, the wise men of NL

I notice you dont like the word TRIUNE or TRINITY. You dont like the idea that God is three. You prefer UNITY or UNITARIAN. But the problem is you cant reconcile the concept of UNITY to the dogma of the 'divinity' of christ. You tell me "It is NOT 3 GODS but 1 GOD showing Himself in 3 ways". But every time you think of God, three seperate and distinct images form in your head and no matter how hard you try you can never superimpose these three images.

As per the issue of plural for God in the OT. Allah severally refers to himslf as US and WE several times in the Quran. Anybody that know the semitic (arabic, aramic)  langauges will tell you it is Plural of Majesty . Even the Queen of England uses the pronoun WE to refer to herself. The jews know the OT better than anybody yet they have never concievd their God as a trinity or anything suggesting a plurality of forms. Your problem and that of christendom at large is that you guys are reading a Jewish book with western googles. Or are you telling me God hid his nature from Abraham, Moses, elijah etc. He also never told them he had a son

You made mention of 'prophecy' by Isiah about "Emmanuel [God with/amongst us]. You are trying to tell us that Isaiah said God will live with us as christ.
First of all, show me a single place in the NT where jesus was called by name Emmanuel
Secondly, if you deduce that cos someone is called Emmanuel [God with/amongst us], he is God then how about peolple call by the name ELI in the bible. Eg- 1 Samuel 3:5 And he ran to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me ,
Thirdly, read the context of the prophecy from isiah 7:1 down and tell us if it refers in anyway to jesus

I leave you to ponder with these few verses of the bible and let your conscience be the judge

John 20:17 - "I ascend to My Father and to your Father, My God and to your God."
John 17:3 - "And this is eternal life, that they know You are the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."
Joh n 14:28 - Jesus says, "The Father is greater than I."
The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone.No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 10:27pm On Dec 16, 2009
Sorry but you are wrong. 3 images do not form in my mind! You can look at God as merciful, forgiving and loving. that doesn't make him 3. In the same way, it would be nice if you just referred to my "again repeated" allegory. Look at me as [1] this note [2] a voice over the phone [3] a physical presence. Does that make me three. You're trying to find a way to get around this but there's none cos its just the truth.

When you say I read with "western goggles", you forget it comes back to you too reading with "arabian goggles". Given the chance between the US which represents the "west" and libya or afghanistan (or anywhere) representing the "arabs", I know which I prefer.

Emmanuel means "GOD WITH US", Jesus was that "God" with us and its sad you expect He would be going around with people saying "this is God with us". Amazing question there!

When you say "Eli", could you please google the name and find out what "Eli" means? Is that God? Another amazing question there!

Did you mean Isaiah 7 or 9? And if you meant 9, yep, thats Jesus there.

And while you leave me with my clear conscience, I have a poser for you - why? Whats the noise, the anger, the ranting all about? Tell us one thing He did wrong. You guys go as far as saying He died and didn't sleep for 3 days and nights. Then you say He didn't die but was exchanged for Judas. So it was Judas crying on the Cross. Then again its Jesus when the argument suits you! I have asked before and again do - what else but the truth do you think everyone tries to fault? Why? Because there's no need to fault a lie.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by PastorAIO: 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
nuclearboy:

BTW, I remember speaking to an Ifa priest years back. The conversation came around to Jesus whereupon he said even the oracle mentions Him. I laughed and then he recited

Yoruba English
Ela si dide ni orun                                                                                 The Deliverer rose in Heaven
o ni o'un lo si aiye                                                                                  and said He was going to the world
won si bere pe, "Oluwa" ki ni e fe lo se                                                and they asked saying "Lord", what are you going to do there?
O si wipe, oun ma lo di omo ninu wundia                                              and He said He would go and become a child in a virgin
o'un osi ko won, o'un o si gbe eniti o ba gbagbo ninu oun ga              and teach them and would raise up those who believe in Him

But he then said they see him in the same context as Shango, Obatala etc

I'm laughing my arse off using Ifa Oracle as a case for Christianity but I laughed even more that day thinking that truly, God leaves no room for doubt. It was a wake up call to me. Every religion has a reference to the Carpenter God. Funny that Ifa uses the same language as Bible and Koran. "Deliverer"? Those in Heaven called Him "LORD"? Truth leaves no room, my guy.

PS: My written Yoruba is not perfect so any mistakes above are mine. But even if I forget parts of the Bible I shouldn't, I will never forget the above quote which he had to recite over and over cos my senses overloaded

There are other verses of Ifa that explicitly mention Jesus and how he started his church. Ifa is a work in progress. They will always take things from whatever is happening around them contemporarily. However Ela does not mean Deliverer in that sense, and Ela predates the coming of christianity to yoruba land.

Ela is another name for Ifa. There are 2 aspects of a duality in Ifa. Ela and Eshu. La means to loosen or to divide, or to open up. Like the statement ono la meaning the path is opened. Eshu on the other hand is the opposite gesture. A parceling up, a tying up. Eshu shu-s things while Ela la-s it. Ela can also mean salvation. Gba mi la. Save me.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 11:04pm On Dec 16, 2009
I don't know much about Ifa. I think thats obvious from the above.

Whats pertinent here is the idea - you tell me 2 people in the history of the world that the quoted could refer to. And its even more symbolic when you say the oracle predated Christianity. Anyway, you did say its ongoing so ,  ,

Added now:

@pastor_aio:

First you say Ela does not mean Deliverer and then in closing, you speak of salvation. In fact, your definitions are [a] loosen/divide/open [b] salvation and [c[ saving. Wouldn't you find this assembly contradictory where it to have come from me?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by PastorAIO: 1:21am On Dec 17, 2009
What I was tryin to say is that there are being attempts to link Ela to Jesus Christ which doesn't really work in my opinion. It doesn't fit. These attempts can even be found in Ifa verses but those verses are recent.

However Ela as traditionally understood in Ifa traditions predates the arrival of christianity in nigeria. He is understood as one side of a polarity with Esu on the other side.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by olabowale(m): 5:31am On Dec 17, 2009
@Nuclearboy; « #406 on: Yesterday at 10:27:21 PM »
Sorry but you are wrong. 3 images do not form in my mind!
Three names (Father, Son and Holy Ghost, Spirit) on your lips, however. It is hard pressing to take it that you have these names on your lips, hopefully visualising them to be three, but manage to merge them into One, without them appearing in your mind as three! If this is true, you are better than Jesus who said there are 3, and he gave them 3 locations, he being on earth, Ghost being not seen, and Father obviously in Heaven!

You can look at God as merciful, forgiving and loving. that doesn't make him 3. In the same way, it would be nice if you just referred to my "again repeated" allegory. Look at me as [1] this note [2] a voice over the phone [3] a physical presence.
I do hope that you are not deluded to think that those who read your "note" on Nairaland actually know you who you are by this note, just as much as your family members who know who you are, height, persona, weight, gender even though you call yourself a boy, male. Look at Tudor, people are killing themselves over his gender! Most people on Nairaland have not even heard your voice, and those who have will not be able to identify you 100% just by that voice.

Your voice just in case you lost it by some trauma does not take away from you, especially your total person. Voice is nothing, hence Jesus being "Word" is nothing while the Speaker is Something. Voice is just the Vocal thought of the speaker. Those who know you well are those who have the advantage of your #3! And #s 1 and 2 are not enough. They may not be your persona, even as a human. God has to be more complex than that, and if you compare Him in human example in One thing, then, it must be so in every which way till sunday without any exception. So when Jesus was reported to be hung, since you are addressing his death, the three have to die. There is no way you Nuclearboy can be eating and you say the speaker on the phone and or the writer of the phone was not eating, since they are all merged to one and the same!

The Does that make me three. You're trying to find a way to get around this but there's none cos its just the truth.
You may be naive about your three conditions, if the writer of the not went to the "American Football" field to watch a good game, will anyone in his/her right mind unless imbeccile will say that the guy who was on the phone and the one seen physically was or were not spectator(s) (lol) in the stadium?

When you say I read with "western goggles", you forget it comes back to you too reading with "arabian goggles".
The seeker is a student in California, USA, a western country, while you live in Nigeria, a not "western country". The fact that he is forcing you to think, and be rational about things does not make him wrong. Not everything arabic for that matter is wrong and not everything western is right either!

Given the chance between the US which represents the "west" and libya or afghanistan (or anywhere) representing the "arabs", I know which I prefer.
Nuclearboy, those of us who live in the US see things wrong about this country, collective agenda, and individual persons sometimes. The Seeker is in a better position thna you to tell you the pulse of America. He lives in America. I will take his opinion about America over yours any day.

Emmanuel means "GOD WITH US", Jesus was that "God" with us
All Emmanuels are therefore by your argument are "God".

and its sad you expect He would be going around with people saying "this is God with us". Amazing question there!
Amazing question that I asked you above about Emmanuel!

When you say "Eli", could you please google the name and find out what "Eli" means? Is that God? Another amazing question there!
If Eli is what you want it to mean, how many in the history of mankind? And then Jesus; ridiculous!

Did you mean Isaiah 7 or 9? And if you meant 9, yep, thats Jesus there.
And Jesus never said he was there! he had 33 years to say it, 3 of them as preacher of "Gospel" not gospels! But we have gospels in the Bible!

And while you leave me with my clear conscience, I have a poser for you - why? Whats the noise, the anger, the ranting all about?
The seeker did not make noise, nor got angry, and did not rant. The guy is a gentleman and you are disappointed! It would have been better if he just agreed with your tale of three gods.

Tell us one thing He did wrong.
When you tell us things that he did right by the figtree, being driven into the wilderness to shout the time is at hand (over 2000 years ago), calling somebody a fool, and another a dog, and the jews condecending titles as generation of vipers, leaches, etc, and of course killing the pigs by drowning them, etc, etc, I shall tell you that each of those actions, by your Biblical claims are wrong.

You guys go as far as saying He died and didn't sleep for 3 days and nights.
We say he did not die. And by your account, if you say we said that he slept, but it is not for three days, or will you calculate three days of the Jews for us, starting from Friday, before the beginning of Sunset and ending on Sunday before Sunrise, to mean 3 days.

Then you say He didn't die but was exchanged for Judas. So it was Judas crying on the Cross. Then again its Jesus when the argument suits you!
Some ignorant muslims have been very zealot to crack under the yoke of the pressure borne by Christianity, trying to explain beyond what the Quran and Ahadith say about Jesus and the encounter of his situation on the Cross; Allah says in Surah Nisaa, the y did not kill him, and they did not crucify him, except that it was made to appear so. And those who argue about it have no authority, except that they are making conjectures, for certain they did not kill him, and did not crucify him.

The Jewish intention, according to their traditional belief is to make his soul be cursed if he can die and be hung overnight. This did not happen. The lazy Christians in their ignorance but wishful thinking that somebody must be responsible for them, they got crazy about Jesus because they listen to the boast of the Jews who say they killed him. And since Jesus was the last prophet from the Children of Israel, they assumed that he is must be the savior and forgiver, without any other.

I have news for you Moses was exactly the same; the savior of the children of Israel from the peril of Egypt, and many others including spiritual direction from the wrong path, worshipping of Golden Cow, for example. Forgiver because when he directed them to the right path, if they follow, they will have the same mercy and forgiveness from God as Moses and his brother Aaron have.

I have asked before and again do - what else but the truth do you think everyone tries to fault? Why? Because there's no need to fault a lie.
Nuclearboy, I hope that you will think about this same question that you ask, here. Look at how many times you find faults about Allah (many of you say He is an idol, and even embedded in the black stone, some say He is just moon god, others say He is the tribal god of the Quraish, yet others are even asking if He is the Sun itself, and yet the names and opinions are still there).

Islam is another which many of you (ohsisi is my example here) say is a hybrid of Judaism, Christianity and arab paganism. Muhammad (AS) is an easy pot shot, since he is a human being not claiming to be another god, like you know who his fake followers are claiming god, son of god for. I read people calling Muhammad all kind of sexual deviant names, and I like to say without confessing to anyone, for man to man confession is for the Catholic, that if I am not following Muhammad (AS), as a blackman, an african, a Nigerian, a yoruba, etc, a full blooded male, do you know how "busting loose" I could have been like a raging bull in a China shop, ok like a child in a candy store?

Muhammad (AS) is the best of all who ever stepped their feet on this earth we live in. Yet when we say Jesus is not God we give you all reasons he was a human being, reasons that there is no more than 1 God. But you sir, nuclearboy cant give us a single unrefutable evidence that God was ever a human being, putting himself down eating, using toilet, etc like you or I!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 6:28am On Dec 17, 2009
@Pastor_Aio:

I understand. What I'm saying is that it was something I heard and just quoted. Its not like I said the oracle translates into some sort of scripture or authority. I just find it funny that again, He became an object of interest for yet another religion.

Let me ask you a question - does Ifa contain references to other religions or religious personalities as well? Could you please let me have one or two of these references/quotations?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2009
the_seeker:

I leave you to ponder with these few verses of the bible and let your conscience be the judge

John 20:17 - "I ascend to My Father and to your Father, My God and to your God."
John 17:3 - "And this is eternal life, that they know You are the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."
Joh n 14:28 - Jesus says, "The Father is greater than I."
The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good–except God alone.No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father"   

Now thiis is what me i just dont get!
Are u quotin' d same scriptures u say is corrupted to validate ur own point??
I dont get it!

Before i attempt to anser ur posers, lemme quickly ask this:
What is the essence of the miraculous unprecidented virgin birth of Jesus,
none before it, and none after it. So why was it all so neccesary?

Anywayz, The why do u call me good phrase Every body knows jesus is good,blameless. So wat he was sayin u callin me good is acknowledging im God because God according to d text is the only one that is good.
oNe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2009
@nuclearboy, i was about to respond when i saw the reponse from Bro. Olabowale. I could not have said any better. I want you to rethink your position. The notion of man god is for Heathens and not for civilized man. Jesus was not the first man god and will definately not be the last. Some of his colleagues include Alexander the great. Pharoah. Halle sallasie, budha, horus, etc. It is obvious that budha, sallasie and jesus never claimed divinity but their followers choose to make gods of of them. It is called Hero Worship. Muhammad would have been the greatest man god in the history of world if he wanted to. He had the world at his feet yet he remained a humble slave of Allah. Any temptation to diefy him after his death was was extinguished when Abubakar declared 'if you worship Muhammed, Muhammed is dead. If you worship Allah, Allah live forever!'

@Bro. Olabowale, may Allah continue to bless you and increase your wisdom.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by theseeker2: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2009
@nuclearboy, i was about to respond when i saw the reponse from Bro. Olabowale. I could not have said any better. I want you to rethink your position. The notion of man god is for Heathens and not for civilized man. Jesus was not the first man god and will definately not be the last. Some of his colleagues include Alexander the great. Pharoah. Halle sallasie, budha, horus, etc. It is obvious that budha, sallasie and jesus never claimed divinity but their followers choose to make gods of of them. It is called Hero Worship. Muhammad would have been the greatest man god in the history of world if he wanted to. He had the world at his feet yet he remained a humble slave of Allah. Any temptation to diefy him after his death was was extinguished when Abubakar declared 'if you worship Muhammed, Muhammed is dead. If you worship Allah, Allah live forever!'

@Bro. Olabowale, may Allah continue to bless you and increase your wisdom.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 9:19am On Dec 17, 2009
the_seeker:

As per the issue of plural for God in the OT. Allah severally refers to himslf as US and WE several times in the Quran. Anybody that know the semitic (arabic, aramic)  langauges will tell you it is Plural of Majesty . Even the Queen of England uses the pronoun WE to refer to herself. The jews know the OT better than anybody yet they have never concievd their God as a trinity or anything suggesting a plurality of forms. Your problem and that of christendom at large is that you guys are reading a Jewish book with western googles. Or are you telling me God hid his nature from Abraham, Moses, elijah etc. He also never told them he had a son

Plural Majesty??, lol , wat a laff!
It is a recent grammatical invention and, so, cannot be read back into ancient times or texts.
It also cannot explain away the significance of the plural word[b] Elohim[/b] in such places as Genesis 1:1. But since Genesis 1:1 is not a direct discourse, the appeal to a supposed "plurality of majesty" is nothing more than a ruse.
The fundamental error resided in the attempt to take a modern monarchical idiosyncrasy and read it back into an ancient text when such an idiosyncrasy was unknown at that time. That syle was unknown in the scripture. There was no plural of majesty in the Hebrew language during biblical times.sorrwwyyyy grin
oNe

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

"God Would Do It Is A Slogan Of The Indolent" - Bishop Oyedepo / Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / Nigerian Catholics Begin Rosary Challenge Live On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.