Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow (30701 Views)

Thinking Of Getting A Tattoo? See What The Bible And Quran Says About It / The Bible Says: The Earth Is Flat! / What The Quran Says About Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2009
We are talking of angels and not prophet, you even said it so why the recent ruse

azra'il means the one who takes soul
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola  1:

azra'il means the one who takes soul

No it doesnt. Azra'il has NO meaning in arabic. Azrael means "helper of God" in hebrew and is regarded as the angel of death in Jewish folklore. Which, not surprisingly, is also what Azra'il is alleged to depict in islam! What is funnier though is that the quran calls this same angel a very different name - Malak al-Maut

So who is lying?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2009
Where is Abuzola?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2009
Why is Abuzola hiding?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2009
what happened to Abuzo? shocked
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 11:21pm On Dec 01, 2009
Azra'il is different from azrael, ok ? And azra'il is an arabic, i will even say they stole it from us but since their tongue couldn't pronounce it they transformed it to azrael. But sincerely azra'il is arabic
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola  1:

Azra'il is different from azrael, ok ? And azra'il is an arabic, i will even say they stole it from us but since their tongue couldn't pronounce it they transformed it to azrael. But sincerely azra'il is arabic

lol is this all you can come up with?  grin If Azra'il is arabic then WHY has it no meaning in Arabic?
Sorry Azra'il is the arabic corruption of Azrael - a hebrew word. He was the angel of death in hebrew folklore long long before islam ever appeared.

You're going to tell us Jubril is Arabic next? cheesy
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 11:37pm On Dec 01, 2009
Azra'il is arabic,
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola  1:

Azra'il is arabic,

No its not . . . at least we have the hebrew meaning of the name . . . where is the arabic meaning and WHY is Azra'il omitted in the quran and instead the angel of death referenced as Malak al-Maut?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2009
Jibril means archangel of God
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola  1:

Jibril means archangel of God

That is just rubbish.  grin

Archangel of God is the title ascribed to Michael in the bible . . . the REAL HEBREW/ARAMAIC meaning of Gabriel is - God is my Hero.

Where is the arabic MEANING of Jibril?

Besides what does "archangel" mean in islam? I notice the 4 archangels islam claims are ALL from the Hebrews.

Gabriel, Michael, Raphael and Azrael - Why are they all hebrew rather than arabic names? shocked grin

Allah and his stealing from the jews.  grin
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 11:46pm On Dec 01, 2009
Who told you that we are dependant with the jewish doctrine, whether it is michael or janet it does not concern. The bible is corrupt and unreliable
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Who told you that we are dependant with the jewish doctrine, whether it is michael or janet it does not concern. The bible is corrupt and unreliable

hahahahahaha grin cheesy
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 11:50pm On Dec 01, 2009
Hehehe, whats funny there. I can quote it for you where God said the jews are corrupting the holy book
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Hehehe, whats funny there. I can quote it for you where God said the jews are corrupting the holy book

that is not the issue . . . what are the arabic meanings of jibril, gabriel, raphael and azrael? grin cheesy

Tell us!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 12:00am On Dec 02, 2009
I told u , what do u want to hear again
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola 1:

I told u , what do u want to hear again

You're making allah look ridiculous. cheesy
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 12:07am On Dec 02, 2009
I think u are fooling yourself, why not watch Tv instead of making unfounded statement.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola 1:

I think u are fooling yourself, why not watch Tv instead of making unfounded statement.

unfounded statements like this - Jibril means archangel of God?
cheesy cheesy
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 12:41am On Dec 02, 2009
Whats ur business with the meaning, if we say it means God hero you will accuse us of copy cat and now that it is different u aren't satisfy, this shows the devil in u
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by toluxa1(m): 4:05am On Dec 02, 2009
If I were a Muslim, i will be ashamed of this Abuzola of a guy. He makes himself look so stupid and unlearned. Sometimes I don't even know how to explain things to him. He shows a vivid sign of brainwashing. All he believes is what He was been (wrongly) thought. When he doesnt have any reasonable answer (which is the case most of the time), he just keeps repeating the same nonsense over and over (like an enchantment).

Settle down and Learn bro.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 7:04am On Dec 02, 2009
@Abuzola:

You said upbringing was a large part of what informed your faith but that your study has endeared you to Islam. Before we continue, lets make consensus:

[1] The message in the Koran for dealings with "MEN" is one of love for which Muslims expect reward. This is the same as the Biblical injunction by Jesus.
[2] Allah shares the same name with a prior pagan demon god, albeit because of the arabic language
[3] They also share the same holy place, and Allah allows (even commands) the same worship and pilgrimage mode!
[4] The only difference between the is that the Prophet says this is a different "Allah" from the previous one.
[5] We cannot prove the Prophet is right using Science or history or facts on the Ground. Even if there were prophecies that have come to pass, we both know that Babalawo's can tell their clients some truths at times. In short, even Satan can give prophecy and only childish people follow miracles and prophecy.

All I'm saying is that seperating the original from the counterfeit in Islam now seems to me to require more than proof; it requires a whole lot of Faith. Faith, specifically, that the Koran is the Truth, the whole truth and nothing but the Truth and that there was no mistake and no interference from satan. Thats a lot of trust in someone who got his revelations in the absense of everyone. If it is not the total absolute undiluted truth, everything crumbles since the faith it stood on has collapsed. Your own specific faith depends on your study of the Koran till date.

Do you agree with the above? Where you do not, please explain

And now please explain your own "PERSONAL" study and CONVICTION to me. I have related to you as Abuzola and not as a muslim so its your own beliefs that matter to me now that I know you are straight forward. I need you to explain what it is about Islam that carries the day for you.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 8:44am On Dec 02, 2009
@Abuzola

You need to stop stealing meanings and words from the Bible . . .

You need to start reading the quran . . .and telling us what the quran says and stop using words and meaning in the Bible to try to tell us what the quran says . . .

- If the word Arch-angel is mentioned in the Quran then tell us . . . but please stop using Bible meanings and references to cook up what was not mentioned in the quran. . .

- Give us the Arabic names and meanings of the things you are mentioning and stop trying to use Biblical names and meanings . . .
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 8:46am On Dec 02, 2009
toluxa1:

If I were a Muslim, i will be ashamed of this Abuzola of a guy. He makes himself look so stupid and unlearned. Sometimes I don't even know how to explain things to him. He shows a vivid sign of brainwashing. All he believes is what He was been (wrongly) thought. When he doesnt have any reasonable answer (which is the case most of the time), he just keeps repeating the same nonsense over and over (like an enchantment).

Settle down and Learn bro.

Am telling you . . . sometimes i wonder if Abuzola is really a muslim . . .

Sometimes i wonder if Abuzola is really a former muslim that is intentionally behaving that way so as to make people realise how stupid and illogical Islam really is . . .

What i keep telling people on nairaland is that I would prefer that Abuzola continues to talk because i have noticed that the more he talks and speaks the more damage he is doing to the reputation and credibility of islam . . .cus he continues to show how inconsistent and illogical Islam really is . . .
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by AbuSafwan(m): 10:14am On Dec 02, 2009
ABUZOLA CAN BE DEFEATED BUT QUR’AN NEVER DEFEATED
You all misconceived the concept of the Qur’an and Abuzola was unable to convince. Now the basic principle is that Qur’an verses that has to do with scientific fact their meaning could not be obtained from earlier Islamic scholars sources. Dr. Maurice Buccaile has this to say: “For many centuries, humankind was unable to study certain data contained in the verses of the Qur’an because they did not possess sufficient scientific means. It is only today that numerous verses of the Qur’an dealing with natural phenomena have become comprehensible”. To me, though I am not Arabic expert, I think there should be a difference between ‘Tahaha’ and ‘Dahaha’. But many Islamic translator have the both word equated in meaning due to lack of scientific expertise in their time. But today with the help of science the meaninig of ‘Dahaha’ has become a crystal clear. In Qur’an 91:6 Allah the Almighty says: “By the earth and its (wide) expanse”. And in 79:30: according Al-maududi the translation is “And the earth moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse)”. You can see here maududi equated the meaning of two different word. May God reward him abundantly for his Ijtihad. But, in reality the Qur’an does not mean that; Qur’an cannot say wrong but the translators can say it due to one limitation or the other. That is why analysts are saying the most difficult text to translate is the Qur’an. Today the most acceptable interpretation of this verse with the coming of science is that of Rashad Khalifa despite of his apostasy. Rashad further mentioned that: “the Arabic word “dahhaahaa” is derived from “Dahhyah” which means ‘Egg’. Now the meaning shall be “And the earth thereafter (He made) it sphere” Allah is the best knower. In all case Qur’an does not mean the earth is flat. Qur’an is the only divine book accepted by scientists. Dr. Maurice Buccaile emphasized that: “There is no human work in existence that contains statements as far beyond the level of knowledge of its time as the Qur’ an. Scientific opinions comparable to those in the Qur’an are the result of modern knowledge………… the Qur’an is undoubtedly a revelation from God”. With this piece I assisted Abuzola to fulfill his task of defeating our opponents!!!! Thanks Abuzola, a great deal.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2009
Abu-Safwan:

You all misconceived the concept of the Qur’an and Abuzola was unable to convince. Now the basic principle is that Qur’an verses that has to do with scientific fact their meaning could not be obtained from earlier Islamic scholars sources. Dr. Maurice Buccaile has this to say: “For many centuries, humankind was unable to study certain data contained in the verses of the Qur’an because they did not possess sufficient scientific means. It is only today that numerous verses of the Qur’an dealing with natural phenomena have become comprehensible”. To me, though I am not Arabic expert, I think there should be a difference between ‘Tahaha’ and ‘Dahaha’. But many Islamic translator have the both word equated in meaning due to lack of scientific expertise in their time. But today with the help of science the meaninig of ‘Dahaha’ has become a crystal clear. In Qur’an 91:6 Allah the Almighty says: “By the earth and its (wide) expanse”. And in 79:30: according Al-maududi the translation is “And the earth moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse)”. You can see here maududi equated the meaning of two different word. May God reward him abundantly for his Ijtihad. But, in reality the Qur’an does not mean that; Qur’an cannot say wrong but the translators can say it due to one limitation or the other. That is why analysts are saying the most difficult text to translate is the Qur’an. Today the most acceptable interpretation of this verse with the coming of science is that of Rashad Khalifa despite of his apostasy. Rashad further mentioned that: “the Arabic word “dahhaahaa” is derived from “Dahhyah” which means ‘Egg’. Now the meaning shall be “And the earth thereafter (He made) it sphere” Allah is the best knower. In all case Qur’an does not mean the earth is flat. Qur’an is the only divine book accepted by scientists. Dr. Maurice Buccaile emphasized that: “There is no human work in existence that contains statements as far beyond the level of knowledge of its time as the Qur’ an. Scientific opinions comparable to those in the Qur’an are the result of modern knowledge………… the Qur’an is undoubtedly a revelation from God”. With this piece I assisted Abuzola to fulfill his task of defeating our opponents!!!! Thanks Abuzola, a great deal.

Very, very good. I wholly subscribe to this great post.

And let the nonentities continue with their ignorance parading. . .

The whole encounter reminds me of one saying: we are afraid of what we don't know. Whoever knows Christian aboard NL knows they do know NOTHING about Islam comparing what Muslims know about their "religion". Thats why they care less to say all craps that pop-up their minds when posting. . .or at best copy and paste remain their forte.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nezan(m): 11:24am On Dec 02, 2009
Abu-Safwan:

You all misconceived the concept of the Qur’an and Abuzola was unable to convince. Now the basic principle is that Qur’an verses that has to do with scientific fact their meaning could not be obtained from earlier Islamic scholars sources. Dr. Maurice Buccaile has this to say: “For many centuries, humankind was unable to study certain data contained in the verses of the Qur’an because they did not possess sufficient scientific means. It is only today that numerous verses of the Qur’an dealing with natural phenomena have become comprehensible”. To me, though I am not Arabic expert, I think there should be a difference between ‘Tahaha’ and ‘Dahaha’. But many Islamic translator have the both word equated in meaning due to lack of scientific expertise in their time. But today with the help of science the meaninig of ‘Dahaha’ has become a crystal clear.

You mean mohammed's arabic was different from those of the other arabs who were following him? you also mean that it now takes science to understand arabic when koran contradicts science in regards to the shape of the earth? you people are just funny, you claim koran was a miracle but today, even you muslims wont understand it without science? what a delusion!
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 11:35am On Dec 02, 2009
Nezan:

You mean mohammed's arabic was different from those of the other arabs who were following him?

lipsrsealed

you also mean that it now takes science to understand arabic when koran contradicts science in regards to the shape of the earth? you people are just funny

, you claim koran was a miracle but today, even you muslims wont understand it without science? what a delusion!
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

you claim koran was a miracle but today, even you muslims wont understand it without science? what a delusion!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you know why its not really a very good thing in Islam for someone to like asking questions . . .

ASKING QUESTIONS AND USING YOUR BRAIN IS A DANGEROUS THING FOR A MUSLIM TO DO CUS HE OR SHE IS BOUND TO FIND OUT THINGS THAT ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DISCOVERED.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 11:54am On Dec 02, 2009
Sorry im jumpin into this late.
Dunno if the answer's been given, but
here is ma take on it.
Apparently d poster is not well studied.
Reference is make to d 4 corners, there was mention of 4 winds etc
doesnt that tell it's a ref. to d 4points?
North South East and West?
as in east wind,et al,
This is a no brainer. It doesnt mean that d earth is flat.
However check this:

Isaiah 40:22
NIV: He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers. .

Proverbs 8:27 "When He established the heavens,
I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep

Job 22:14 (NIV)

Thick clouds veil him, so he does not see us
 as he goes about in the[b] vaulted[/b] heavens.'

All these make it crystal clear that the bible wasnt teachin flatness of our world by those ur quotes.
So nxt time try and control ur itchy finger and d urge to hit ur keypad
when what u r about to type has no solid base.
oNe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by toluxa1(m): 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abu-Safwan:

If I were to choose which post makes more sense between yours and Abuloza, honestly i'll go for that of Abuloza. What you have written makes absolutely no sense for me to even comment on it.

No2Atheism:

Am telling you . . . sometimes i wonder if Abuzola is really a muslim . . .

Sometimes i wonder if Abuzola is really a former muslim that is intentionally behaving that way so as to make people realise how stupid and illogical Islam really is . . .

What i keep telling people on nairaland is that I would prefer that Abuzola continues to talk because i have noticed that the more he talks and speaks the more damage he is doing to the reputation and credibility of islam . . .cus he continues to show how inconsistent and illogical Islam really is . . .

grin EXACTLY
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2009
Ability to understand things seems to be what you folks lack. I feel sorry for you at discovering that fact. May God save you.

Lets delve into business:

Nezan:

You mean mohammed's arabic was different from those of the other arabs who were following him?

The noble Qur'an is not prophet Muhammad's Arabic. Any way way who told you it is?

And you say, the luminous Arabic which Qur'an is written with is far different from those written and dialectical ones spoken by other Arabs following him then, now and forever. Thats why when non-Muslims during his lifetime were accusing him of writing the glorious Qur'an by himself, his being unlettered notwithstanding, the Owner of the book challenge them to produce a single chapter like chapters of the Qur'an. Ever since the
Qur’an was revealed, fourteen centuries ago, until this day, no one has been able to meet this challenge, even though the smallest chapter in the Qur’an (Chapter 108) is only ten words.

you also mean that it now takes science to understand arabic when koran contradicts science in regards to the shape of the earth?

Sincerely speaking Nezan, you sound obtuse. For how long would this be explained before you fathom it?

O! I forget what I stated above: understanding remains something you are handicapped of. Too bad.

you people are just funny

Christians are the funniest people I ever know living on this planet. Wallahi I always wonder where your intelligence go. . .what a dogma! Jesus. . . .God the Father. . .Holy Spirit/Ghost. . . original sin. . .etc

you claim koran was a miracle but today even you muslims wont understand it without science? ,

Who? I supposed you mean you.

Get loads to say here but no time o!  cheesy

what a delusion!

Really? This is left to readers to decide, I think.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by AbuSafwan(m): 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nezan:

You mean mohammed's arabic was different from those of the other arabs who were following him? you also mean that it now takes science to understand arabic when koran contradicts science in regards to the shape of the earth? you people are just funny, you claim koran was a miracle but today, even you muslims wont understand it without science? what a delusion!

No wonder a low-minded person can understand it in that abnormal way. But I did not mean the Arabic of the prophet era is different from the later type; I am only trying to explain the inconsistency of some scholars in interpreting the Qur’an. The Noble Qur’an was indeed miracle appealing to the world but you people of rough belief venerate science most to the extent you make it funal criteria to test the truth of God. We are not making science to confirm the Qur’an at the espense of the Truth of the Qur’an in itself, by itself and with itself; we are only using your own final weapon (science) to destroy your thought and belief. The people I am addressing to are not Muslims; I have to use what the glorify most (science) to convince their thought. I am a sincere preacher to you; the to accept the truth once it comes to you. I should now turn to other side: VIARO claimed that sphereness of the earth was long thought out by early greek philosopher. This is lie and the Qur’an never copied anything from Greek source. Zakir Naik quoting Dr. Keith moor says: “that… ‘Hypocrites and the other people like Gallon, etc, they did give a lot of thing to embryology, initially, as well as Aristotle’ - Many were right, many were wrong.’ And further he goes to says… ‘In the middle ages, or at the time of the Arabs, the Qur’an speaks about something additional.’ If it was exactly copied, why would Dr. Keith Moore in his book, give due credit to the Qur’an. He even gives due credit to Aristotle, to Hypocrites - but mentioned there… ‘Many were wrong.’ That, he does not mention with the Qur’an. That is enough proof, that Qur’an was not copied from the Greek time. Regarding ‘light of the moon.’… ‘Light of the moon’ was copied from Greeks. You will tell me that… ‘The world is spherical’ was copied from Greeks. I know the Pthogorous, the Greeks lived in 6th century B.C. who believed that the

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Gets Private-Jet As Birthday Gift From Church Members-(pics) / Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.