Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow (30700 Views)

Thinking Of Getting A Tattoo? See What The Bible And Quran Says About It / The Bible Says: The Earth Is Flat! / What The Quran Says About Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by DBR: 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2009
True, most christians do not know as much of Islam as mulims kno of christianity.
But i think the reason is clear enuff.
1-Christianity is older than islam
2-Bible heroes and figures are mentioned in Quran
3-Jesus the sole foundation of the christian faith is mentioned in d Quran tho
not as Son of God but also as the Messiah.
So is in not expected that those who follow the book of Quran will hav knowledge bout Christianity?
Howeva u cant expect the reverse from a christian, and dont blame them, plus, it's not a minus.
Afterall NOTHING, i mean zilch was mentioned in the christian faith or book bout islam.

Btw, i kno those who r involved in this COMPARATIVE RELIGION FORUM, most are moslems.
I have moslem friends who STUDY it,mostly to look for errors in d christian faith and the likes.
I also hav an Eastern religion guy, (cant rmemba if he's a Budhist now or Krishna) they all know
so much bout chritianity than we know of them, cos they make it a task to study christianity most time
for argument discussion purposes.
Another point is e'rone wit a kind of inspiration claims it's from God but most time we kno it's from a god or gods.
Scientific gnosis or general spiritist realm gnosticism doesnt always authenticate a revelation being from God.
We kno satan has knowledge, infact awsome knowledge at that, he wasnt called Lucifer for nothin.
He was the light bearer and we kno Light represents knowledge, so lets not start trippin'.

oNe
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by toneyb: 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2009
muhsin:

Thats why when non-Muslims during his lifetime were accusing him of writing the glorious Qur'an by himself, his being unlettered notwithstanding, the Owner of the book challenge them to produce a single chapter like chapters of the Qur'an. Ever since the
Qur’an was revealed, fourteen centuries ago, until this day, no one has been able to meet this challenge, even though the smallest chapter in the Qur’an (Chapter 108) is only ten words.

What are you saying here? How is the Koran the greatest book? What do you mean when you say that nobody has been able to produce a single chapter like that of the koran?

The Ordinary level Physics text book \i used in High school contains information about the forces of nature and how they function much much more that the koran can never and will ever contain. In fact how has the koran helped man in understanding science or how the forces of nature operate. Is  it not the same koran that says that meteorites are allah's spears thrown at demons who go to paradise to eavesdrop? Is that true?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 3:48pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nobody seems to be trying to let the other explain his beliefs. We're just slinging insults left, right etc.

To the guy who said "people are afraid of what they don't know", I come back with an earlier statement "Fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves but wise people are wary". And this is not the World wrestling association so I have no opponent here and did not come here to defeat or win. I had the opportunity to get a copy of the Koran once but doubt if I even read one page before I dropped it. So I do not understand it and here I am asking questions SO I CAN GET IT yet your response is that scientists could not understand the complexities plus the Arabic is "luminous". What a statement. Luminous?!!! If you have nothing to say, please go pray a little and allow Abuzola!

No matter what anyone on either "side" of this asinine "fight" you're all having says, at least I now know this guy is reasonable and knows "belief in God" is mainly based on faith and not on science. If you want to disprove me, then prove that I have never been to Heaven and seen Jesus and God. If you cannot, please let us learn by answering questions not looking for "ways" to win wars that exist only in your mind.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 4:14pm On Dec 02, 2009
Jazakiallahu khaira brother Abu sufwan and muhsin
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
@toneyb- the Quran contains science and technology, the above mentioned were stolen from azhar university in Egypt, thats another history for another day
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
Waz up nigga hiz hag
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2009
@nuclearboy- Agree to the above remarks but would want to make a correction:

it is not faith, the Quran had given us the perfect explanation.

On Prophecy that you said even satan can do, i disagree with you, much of Nostradamus prophecy failed unlike that of the Quran and hadith, what about the bible ? The bible says if ur faith is equal to a mustard you can move a mountain over 2,000 years now no one had done it does it mean that all of you are destined to hell ? Haha
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola I hope you are not talking about ancient history, if you are i would advise you to please stay away from it. Please do not even go near the issue of ancient history . . .

Europeans stole knowledge from Egypt . . .

Arabs also stole knowledge from Egypt . . .

Please do yourself a favour and stick to cramming quran and reciting it and looking for errors in the bible . . .and then hoping that you would make it over the bridge of hell at the end of the day.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2009
You have a dull brain, i don't blame u its ur jesu, Is Egypt not an arab state. What a deluded son of the dead crucified jewish carpental gay
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola  1:

You have a dull brain, i don't blame u its your jesu, Is Egypt not an arab state. What a deluded son of the dead crucified jewish carpental gay

There is no need for insults . . .

Egypt is currently an Arab controlled nation . . . just as America is an European controlled nation. Ancient Egypt is a Black African land . . . it was invaded by Arabs around 639AD, hence why Arabs are dominating in the place as we speak. There are still indigenous black people there as we speak.

EDIT:

Arabs whereever they are found in Africa, are not indigenous to Africa, they are invaders that are controlling stolen lands. . . the kind of invasion and genocide perpetrated by Arabs can be seen in the present day Sudan (where Arabs and Arabised Africans are killing and dominating the Black Africans that originally own the Land of Sudan).

So you see. . . any knowledge that originates in Ancient Egypt does not belong to Arabs just as it does not belong to Europeans instead it has always belong to the Ancient Egyptians. . .

Assuming you are a black man. I am not suprised that you have been brainwashed by islam to the extent that you now even think Egypt belongs to Arabs . . .how sad.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2009
Hello there,

The guy above thinks he's talking about my reply on the former page. I just smile, for he apparently refutes none of my claims. Thus I will stay mute. . .until he continues if he feels like doing so.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by AbuSafwan(m): 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2009
ANOTHER BLOW ON VIARO,
I correct myself now, despite the fact that sometimes  the interpreters of the Qur’an make errors; however the scholars you have cited above did not make one (although previously I alluded to this view). From among the different citations that you have provided which one that interprets the verse to mean earth is flat. Whether stretch-out, extended, spread out, smooth out, or expanse, all do not mean that they commentators maintain that earth is flat as you want us to believe. If I for instance, say the water is spread all over the egg am I right? The usage of the word ‘spread’ does not imply that the egg is flat. Since I realize that the root word of ‘dahhaha’ can have many meanings among which are spread out, expand, stretch or egg-shape-like I can now say: any can be correct and without contradiction. If you look at an extended empty surrounding you can see the soil or land there spread out and you can even draw different shape on it (triangle, rectangle, circle e.t.c). Therefore scholars like maududi, Asad, pickthall e.t.c interpreted the verse in reference to such physical obvious nature of the earth as you see it visibly with your eyes. Then if science come today and tells us that the general single appearance of earth in solar system is spherical then that cannot mean to destroy the meaning of the Qur’an since the word ‘Dahhaha’ which was used in the Qur’an has another meaning of egg-shape of sphereness. Contemporary scholars interpret the verse with meaning (egg-shape). Tyabo (2004) had this to say:  “Soliman (1985), interpreted it as: “After this he shaped the earth like an egg”.  He explained further that the Arabic word for “to shape like an egg” is ‘daha’. Its noun is dahiah, which the Arabs still use to mean egg. To Soliman the verse corrected the wrong theories and general belief in the mediaeval period that lasted from about CE500 to CE1450 that the earth is flat and stationary and that it was the centre of the universe around which all the heavenly bodies revolve….the ancient expositors found its interpretation in this form (egg-shape) could be misleading. Therefore, they shunned it  and interpreted it by “stretched out” and thus obscured the scientific light of this wonderful sign”. In any case the Qur’an never described the flatness of earth in nature as human bible did; and the interpreters of the Qur’an, despite their different interpretation like stretched out, spread, did not interprete the verse to mean the earth is flat.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Jazakiallahu khaira brother Abu sufwan and muhsin

Wa'iyyaaka.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2009
NiggerHtr:

[size=60pt]FUCKING "MOUSLIM" NIGGER!!![/size]
NiggerHtr:

[size=60pt]FUCKING "MOUSLIM" NIGGER!!![/size]

What are you that mad at? Muslims defeating your allies? grin grin grin
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola 1:

You have a dull brain, i don't blame u its your jesu, Is Egypt not an arab state. What a deluded son of the dead crucified jewish carpental gay

This is unwarranted and uncalled for, Abuzola.

Thread softly. . .better. Hope you understand me.

Thanks
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2009
@atheism- lets look back to hagar the mother of the arabs, where does she come from ? Is as simple as that
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola 1:

@atheism- lets look back to hagar the mother of the arabs, where does she come from ? Is as simple as that

Hagar was Egyptian.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola  1:

She is from Egypt . . . meaning that there is a very high probability that she is black considering that Egypt was still being ruled by the original black people as of that time . . .

Abuzola . . . let me guess you probably do not even know anything about : White Arabs and Black Arabs.

grin grin grin

You really need to study history a little more to realise that you have been brainwashed seriously . . .

Ask yourself the question . . .where do you think the Black people of Yemen come from . . . grin grin grin . . do you even realise that Black people are indigenous to Yemen.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by muhsin(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2009
toneyb:

What are you saying here? How is the Koran the greatest book? What do you mean when you say that nobody has been able to produce a single chapter like that of the koran?

Re-read what I said for a better comprehension.

I re-iterate: nobody has been able to produce a single chapter like that of the Qur'an, for nobody can.

The Ordinary level Physics text book \i used in High school contains information about the forces of nature and how they function much much more that the koran can never and will ever contain. In fact how has the koran helped man in understanding science or how the forces of nature operate. Is  it not the same koran that says that meteorites are allah's spears thrown at demons who go to paradise to eavesdrop? Is that true?

You misunderstand the whole thing; I hence kinda feel unhappy or rather disappointed at that. Its quite below you, the real you I know. lol cheesy

But in essence, Qur'an is not a book of Science but Sign. . .get that? The Ordinary Physics text book you are talking of is but wholly a book of science. Therefore there is world of difference between what I was saying and that you are. Get that too?

More. . .
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola wrote :

@nuclearboy- Agree to the above remarks but would want to make a correction:

it is not faith, the Quran had given us the perfect explanation.

On Prophecy that you said even satan can do, i disagree with you, much of Nostradamus prophecy failed unlike that of the Quran and hadith, what about the bible ? The bible says if your faith is equal to a mustard you can move a mountain over 2,000 years now no one had done it does it mean that all of you are destined to hell ? Haha

What is that perfect explanation?

Abuzola wrote:

I'm disappointed that you go to this extent. I have gone out of my way to show respect for your Prophet and religion and you use this language for my own?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2009
@nuclearboy- forgive me, atheism post irritates me, i mean his earlier post that am ridiculing islam. The fact that i expose the biblical err doesn't mean he should talk jack to me
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2009
Since hagar was an egyptian then my question is answered. This scrape ur remark that arab invaded and colonised Egypt, mind you hagar was the mum of ishmael the father of the arabs hence arabs are linked to Egypt
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 8:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abuzola:

You still haven't given me that perfect explanation you attribute to the Koran. BTW, is it Koran or Quran?

Anyway, what is the Biblical error and may I try to explain this "error"?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2009
Bros, the explanation is vast, from the truth about jesus the son of mary to humanity and social life is entailed in the Quran. It depend on the kind of explanation you need

on the error of the bible you better save ur breathe cos you will really be ashamed
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nairaland must be the most amazing site on earth and many visitors must see us as comedians.

1. Explain the Koranic message and truth to me and your response is "its too vast and encompasses so much that (as it were), I can't grasp". I may be a simpleton but not to that extent.

2. What is this Biblical error you speak of (not all the deluge people throw around thinking that the more questions they ask vociferously, the more opportunity to confuse and confound and then claim victory [children playing "ten ten"]) and you ask me to save my breath because I will be ashamed.

I can't be ashamed, Brother! Worst case is, I do not get to explain adequately to you because I don't know everything (I accept that unlike most people here who believe they are at par with God in knowledge because they believe something and therefore it is right). Me and you share that same burden as your answer to most questions here has been that the Quran is the answer to itself and needs no support from history or science. Thats the problem with Faith. It is personal conviction. Only problem is, I sincerely wish it is honest conviction and not just sturbbonness borne out of a desire to "win" a perceived battle or not look like someone "won". Daft, asinine, stupid idea. If we knew what we ought, why'd we go to school and continue to learn till death.

If you truly want to hear and consider another point of view, tell. Else, we're finished here cos like one of my earlier references said, you too are saying "Do not confuse me with the FACTS as I already made up my mind". That statement is heavy O and the ball is in your court
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by viaro: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2009
Abu-Safwan:

ANOTHER BLOW ON VIARO,
I correct myself now, despite the fact that sometimes  the interpreters of the Qur’an make errors; however the scholars you have cited above did not make one (although previously I alluded to this view).

Lol, I laugh in UFO language! grin

You're quite some character. . and like the rest of your Muslim ummah, you're quite entertaining - which is why my laughter is exhuasted in English till I had to borrow from outer space. I shall allow you to keep 'correcting' yourself until you've reached the end of Abu-Safwan trying to serve those very weak 'blows' (more like 'excuses') on viaro. For now, your confusion in apologising on behalf of muslim scholars and interpreters is not even my least worry. When the time comes, I might regret sending you on your much deserved exile (or you can appear with another ID/username). Enjoy until then.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 10:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
Nuclear: what do you understand by the word 'only begotten son' ?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 6:30am On Dec 03, 2009
Abuzola 1:

Since hagar was an egyptian then my question is answered. This scrape your remark that arab invaded and colonised Egypt, mind you hagar was the mum of ishmael the father of the arabs hence arabs are linked to Egypt

See how twisted your logic is . . .

- African inheritance is not through the mother, it is through the father.

- Going by your logic, then it also means that Black African ought to claim Mecca as their own and hence chase out the Arabs.

- Read up on Black Arabs and White Arabs and you would even realise that a number of the "White Asiatic" people claiming to be Arabs and descendants of Ishmeal are not even related to Ishmeal at all. Instead a number of those White Arabs are actually Arabised White Asiatics.

I told you Abuzola that you should please stick to cramming your quran and reciting it and stop trying to get into the area of African History. . . continue to belief that according to Allah . . . blacks are undesirable.

grin grin grin grin Cough Cough Cough . . . shocked shocked shocked shocked mohammed has black blood in him shocked shocked shocked shocked . . . .cough cough cough grin grin grin grin

This does not mean that Mohammed himself is Black . . .instead it only goes to show that even your false prophet is not safe from the Black Blood grin grin grin grin once you go black you never go back.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by No2Atheism(m): 6:33am On Dec 03, 2009
@Abuzola

Please continue to talk . . .the more you talk the more people get to understand the True Islam . . . grin grin grin . . . thats why for me as a person I would actually prefer you continue to speak . . .cus the more you speak the more you end up exposing True Islam.

Matured and Moderate muslims on this forum know what am talking about . . . hence i would not be suprised if they try to meet you secretly to tell you to reduce your speaking.
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by nuclearboy(m): 11:19am On Dec 03, 2009
@ABUZOLA

Only Begotten Son:

As I noted earlier in this same thread, where Jesus is concerned, we have a serious issue. Both Koran and Bible agree that He did not have an earthly father. As I asked then, who was the father of this person?

[1] A man (which means both Koran and Bible lied)
[2] an angel or satan (which also means both Koran and Bible lied)
[3] God (which you disagreed with)
     or
[4] the guy is a magician/amazing character who just appeared separate from God and man? which would mean He is at least equal to God who couldn't stop him.

Burden of proof is on me that it can be only [3] since you've declared it cannot be any of the other alternatives. Lets go ,  ,

Background: Adam was closest to being regarded as Son of God since He too did not have a father on earth but was breathed on by God Himself.

According to the Koran, Allah favored Mary and spoke to her (Mary) and it was so! A child was born!!!

Let me now use an allegory that you might understand better:

Abuzola, please touch yourself where-ever you are right now reading this piece. If I am right, you touched your Head or something on your face or neck or breast or d**k or whatever!

That was what you touched (your head or nose or whatever) and not Abuzola.

I want you to touch the totality (specificness) of what is "Abuzola". You will notice that this cannot be done as whatever you touch will be only one part of your body (or 2 if you use two hands just to disagree). Now, get anybody to call your name and answer them. You, the real "ABUZOLA" answered that person who called your name.

Your word is YOU!

When you die (hopefully in another 180 years time), the only thing that will leave is that word. The head or face or d**k or whatever you touched will stay and start to rot. It is just clothing for your spirit which is your word: the real YOU!

So again I ask, who answered inside the Body (cloth) of this "person" we call Jesus? Was it the genes of a man or the Word of God (or word of Allah who said in the "unequalled" koran that it was His word that became a child inside Mary)? If it was the Word of God then, please tell me using simple analogy who Jesus then was/is!

I want you to remember that when Adam was created and before His fall due to Sin, He and God stood face to face and spoke as family. It was sin that brought the division. Now if the Koran tells you (a muslim) that Mary was favored and that those who follow her Son would be higher than those who do not (in addition to saying Allah's Word became this Carpenter), what do you think?

The above is my simple belief of Jesus being the "only begotten son". He remains the Word of God (or Allah as you prefer to call Him). If you're about to say that I am wrong, please remember I used the Koran to answer you and have not even started on the Bible which afterall is even more vocal on this issue. In that case, you are DIRECTLY saying the Koran "missed" it or is telling a lie!

On christianity (as they call it today): If you look at human interpretations of Christianity (I mean the different churches, Bible types etc etc), you'll miss it. God has allowed us to tell all the lies we wish to tell but has embedded in every culture, religion and mindset, pointers to the truth. I have only one Pastor I trust. He was a bank manager in Ibadan who left his job and said God asked him to go to a village where NEPA doesn't even get to, to preach. He lives a poor but fulfilled life and I tell you, friend, you do not hate these "business" pastors as much as I do. They are the reason why Mohandas K. Gandhi said "if christians behaved the way Jesus did, all mankind would be righteous and follow Him".

Any other questions
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2009
Interesting mr nuclearboy, are you now saying that jesus is the only begotten son ?
Re: The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow by Abuzola11(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2009
@atheism: if you don't no history keep quiet.

The arabs have been in Egypt 5,000 Bc, the word misra is Egypt which is term to arabic, misra is the ancient name of todays Egypt.

The white arab are called semitic white making up to 85 percent of Egyptian, we have the black arabs known as nubian making 1/4 of the southern Egypt and sudan. Ancient remain of pharaoh were believed to be white arab though in some cases black are found as well.

If you truely believe am talking gibberish and ridiculing islam pls don't respond and if you do then it means my fact and exposing the religion of the cross hurts you to the extreme. Be my guest

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Gets Private-Jet As Birthday Gift From Church Members-(pics) / Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.