Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? (21203 Views)

Extreme Wife's Submission To Her Husband According To The New Covenant. / Mary Is The Ark Of The New Covenant / Grace Is Our Teacher, Not The Ten Commandments - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 7:05am On Mar 03, 2017
openmine:

This was what U told some one on this thread...

Hence i listed SOME of the 613 laws and asked if U observe them....Unfortunately,U didn't answer my question smiley
In other words,You dont observe them....which means You are not different from those james was talking about in James 2:11

And please dont try SEPARATING the ten commandments from the other laws.....I think that has already been dealt with on this thread....
I guess God's law is now an IRRELEVANT LIST according to you grin grin

Can you pls quote what i told the person.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 8:11am On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:
So God's law is now Mosaic law?
You must make it your habit
to speak and act like people who are going to be judged by the law of liberty.

- James 2:12
This question you asked shows you know little about a lot.
In fact, you really do understand but little of the truth. SMH.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 10:22am On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

If you read the beginning of that verse you will find out that James made reference to two of the ten commandment laws. there is no other place in the Bible that Killing ,Adultery is explicitly forbidden and called a Law than in the ten commandments

(NIV) James2:10-13
10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet
stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking allof it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[a] also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.
Bro its very explicit... [b]Whole implies that there are more laws not just the ten commandments....
If james was referring to the ten commandments like u are implying,he would have made mention of the ten commandments not the whole law or the law...
The ten commandments is not and cannot be the same as the whole law....Rather its part of the whole law
the verse 11 only buttresses the fact that the ten commandments were included in the entire laws of moses as a whole...
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 10:47am On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

Can you pls quote what i told the person.
dont worry i will show U
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:43am On Mar 03, 2017
openmine:

Bro its very explicit... Whole implies that there are more laws not just the ten commandments....
If james was referring to the ten commandments like u are implying,he would have made mention of the ten commandments not the whole law or the law...
The ten commandments is not and cannot be the same as the whole law....Rather its part of the whole law
the verse 11 only buttresses the fact that the ten commandments were included in the entire laws of moses as a whole...

You have no argument here. weather he used the word whole or all he was referring only to the ten commandments. the whole there means the entire ten.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:53am On Mar 03, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
You must make it your habit
to speak and act like people who are going to be judged by the law of liberty.

- James 2:12
This question you asked shows you know little about a lot.
In fact, you really do understand but little of the truth. SMH.

answer my question with Bible proofs simple.
Is God's ten laws the same thing as the mosiac laws?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 12:02pm On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:

You have no argument here. weather he used the word whole or all he was referring only to the ten commandments. the whole there means the entire ten.

Unfortunately...U also don't have proof that his reference to the whole law was only limited to the ten commandments
I guess where ever U find the inscription law or whole law in the bible verses,it will only mean the ten commandments according to you,right?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
blueAgent:
answer my question with Bible proofs simple.
Is God's ten laws the same thing as the mosiac laws?
If when you say ''God's ten laws'' you mean the Ten Commandments
then ''God's ten laws'' is the same thing as the Mosaic laws, and the Mosaic laws we are talking of here, are the historic ones written on two tablets
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:15am On Mar 08, 2017
openmine:

Unfortunately...U also don't have proof that his reference to the whole law was only limited to the ten commandments
I guess where ever U find the inscription law or whole law in the bible verses,it will only mean the ten commandments according to you,right?

Stop decieving yourself. The Bible verse says The whole law , meaning the whole of a specific law not all the laws. you are craftly twisting the Bible verse to suit your illusion.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 9:31am On Mar 08, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
If when you say ''God's ten laws'' you mean the Ten Commandments
then ''God's ten laws'' is the same thing as the Mosaic laws, and the Mosaic laws we are talking of here, are the historic ones written on two tablets

You just confirmed my earlier doubts you don't know anything about God's law .

“A demonic spirit's favorite activity is making
a person feel religious without an
understanding of the Word of God.” —Pastor
Max D. Younce

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 10:40am On Mar 08, 2017
blueAgent:
You just confirmed my earlier doubts you don't know anything about God's law .

“A demonic spirit's favorite activity is making
a person feel religious without an
understanding of the Word of God.” —Pastor
Max D. Younce
Get off your high horse, please amuse me, what are God's Ten Laws''.

And the Max D. Younce quote actually is about the religious ilk that you sadly are
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by blueAgent(m): 11:07am On Mar 08, 2017
MuttleyLaff:
Get off your high horse, please amuse me, what are God's Ten Laws''.

And the Max D. Younce quote actually is about the religious ilk that you sadly are

Read your Bible you will find out which ones are the ten commandments.

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 1:00pm On Mar 08, 2017
blueAgent:

Stop decieving yourself. The Bible verse says The whole law , meaning the whole of a specific law not all the laws. you are craftly twisting the Bible verse to suit your illusion.
whole of a specified law?
grin grin grin grin grin
If there was a candidate for self-deception, You would rank very high with that highlighted statement of urs.....
I hope you are not implying that you dont know the meaning of the word 'WHOLE' or 'specific'.. hmmmm
The scripture quoted is very clear.... There is nothing like' whole of a specific law' in that quote.... Dont get confused bro grin grin grin
The whole law is the whole law.... No addition or substraction
From what I can see, U are either bewildered by ur own statements or trying in vain to add wats not there... Sorry Bro, d truth hurts but it enlightens one! smiley
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by petra1(m): 3:38pm On Mar 08, 2017
Splinz:

If after going through my arguments and you couldn't find all the Scriptures you need and sets of laws abolished, then it is either you're being mischievous or lacking comprehensive skills.

If it's the former, then sorry, I'm not cut out for useless wrangling. And if it's the latter, please go through the thread one more time.

PS: Learn to read long epistles, it is good for your soul.

I think you should just respond and quote the scripture for openmine.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2017
petra1:

I have quoted and shared enough already with you. You can as well help and enlighten him accordingly.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by MuttleyLaff: 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2017
blueAgent:
Read your Bible you will find out which ones are the ten commandments.
SMH. Please instead of going round in circles out of lack any reasonable input, just go back to hiatus because you've seemed to have forgotten that you, out of your confusion asked the question below:
"Is God's ten laws the same thing as the mosiac laws"
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2017
Splinz:

I have quoted and shared enough already with you. You can as well help and enlighten him accordingly.
Enlighten ke grin grin
U are so funny
Am still wondering why just simple scriptures to buttress Ur beliefs is so hard for U to get...?
Or was it copied from a chriatian article?
So surprising....smh cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2017
petra1:

My oga how far cheesy cheesy
Bro Splinz said U sud show enlighten me some of his 'anointed scriptures' that he is finding so difficult 2 present...Can U help me with them...Thanks smiley smiley
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 4:08pm On Mar 08, 2017
openmine:

Enlighten ke grin grin
U are so funny
Am still wondering why just simple scriptures to buttress Ur beliefs is so hard for U to get...?
Or was it copied from a chriatian article?
So surprising....smh cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy... I wouldn't join issues with you. For it is written: "Cast not your pearls before swine".

So you see, these precious truths can't be thrown around. Sorry, you're not qualified. cool
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2017
Splinz:

cheesy cheesy cheesy... I wouldn't join issues with you. For it is written: "Cast not your pearls before swine".

So you see, these precious truths can't be thrown around. Sorry, you're not qualified. cool
Qualified ke grin grin
We dey do competition? cheesy cheesy
U dont know d scriptures cos U dont even believe what it says...And U are afraid of being countered by a better argument or fact!
Which in oda words,implies that U dont want to learn from any one
Too bad smiley smiley
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 4:25pm On Mar 08, 2017
openmine:

Qualified ke grin grin
We dey do competition? cheesy cheesy
U dont know d scriptures cos U dont even believe what it says...And U are afraid of being countered by a better argument or fact!
Which in oda words,implies that U dont want to learn from any one
Too bad smiley smiley

grin grin grin

On the contrary, you're simply not qualified for these truths. And yes, I've already seen your pitiable arguments against the Law which is forever.

The thing is, you do not merit sharing these precious truths with you. But I'd advice you as a brother: "Study to show yourself approved..." cheesy
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 4:44pm On Mar 08, 2017
Splinz:

grin grin grin

On the contrary, you're simply not qualified for these truths. And yes, I've already seen your pitiable arguments against the Law which is forever.

The thing is, you do not merit sharing these precious truths with you. But I'd advice you as a brother: "Study to show yourself approved..." cheesy
cheesy cheesy
So i guess U also believe abraham received a spoken word from God to tithe? grin grin
Pity is just a word!
Well,its pitiable because U have no scripture to prove oda wise in the other thread...and thats the same challenge U are having on this same thread grin grin..
thats as simple as it goes...prove me wrong there with scriptures and i will entertain U wit a response... smiley smiley

For now,stop deviating,lets focus on this thread and the scriptures U have....i asked a very simple question....Unfortunately am yet to get a response.. am rather seeing a bewildered guy who has been caught in his own web of deception just like the OPgrin grin
Are U saying U cannot even prove ur beliefs to me using scriptures Or U no even know sef? Smh
Thats interesting... grin grin
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2017
openmine:

cheesy cheesy
So i guess U also believe abraham received a spoken word from God to tithe? grin grin
Pity is just a word!
Well,its pitiable because U have no scripture to prove oda wise in the other thread...and thats the same challenge U are having on this same thread grin grin..
thats as simple as it goes...prove me wrong there with scriptures and i will entertain U wit a response... smiley smiley

For now,stop deviating,lets focus on this thread and the scriptures U have....i asked a very simple question....Unfortunately am yet to get a response.. am rather seeing a bewildered guy who has been caught in his own web of deception just like the OPgrin grin
Are U saying U cannot even prove ur beliefs to me using scriptures Or U no even know sef? Smh
Thats interesting... grin grin

grin grin grin

Do you think crying to me will suddenly make you qualified for these truths? cheesy. I've given you the best advice there is: "Study to show yourself approved...". cheesy
. For now, you don't merit these truths... deal with it... cool
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 5:29pm On Mar 08, 2017
Splinz:

grin grin grin

Do you think crying to me will suddenly make you qualified for these truths? cheesy. I've given you the best advice there is: "Study to show yourself approved...". cheesy
. For now, you don't merit these truths... deal with it... cool
grin grin
Crying?
Am guessing U are not blind...right? cheesy cheesy
I wasn't even begging to start with....
If U cant even answer such a simple question,it can only mean U dont even know the scriptures....Well how wud U when most of your writeups were gotten from articles U cant comprehend!! grin grin
Am also guessing U dont even understand the scripture U put up...Ohh what a pity!
merit kor qualification ni cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2017
openmine:

grin grin
Crying?
Am guessing U are not blind...right? cheesy cheesy
I wasn't even begging to start with....
If U cant even answer such a simple question,it can only mean U dont even know the scriptures....Well how wud U when most of your writeups were gotten from articles U cant comprehend!! grin grin
Am also guessing U dont even understand the scripture U put up...Ohh what a pity!
merit kor qualification ni cheesy cheesy

Cry me a river... cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are not qualified for these things which is why darkness is best reserved for you... grin. Enjoy your ignorance... cheesy

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by petra1(m): 5:53pm On Mar 08, 2017
Splinz:

Just tell him you don't have any scriptures to back it . Period .

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by petra1(m): 5:54pm On Mar 08, 2017
openmine:

My oga how far cheesy cheesy
Bro Splinz said U sud show enlighten me some of his 'anointed scriptures' that he is finding so difficult 2 present...Can U help me with them...Thanks smiley smiley

How can I find what doesn't exist sir.
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 6:01pm On Mar 08, 2017
petra1:

How can I find what doesn't exist sir.
Really?
I tot mr splinz said he sent u so many of them?
Na wa for this Mr splinz grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 6:03pm On Mar 08, 2017
petra1:

Just tell him you don't have any scriptures to back it . Period .

What did I flogged you with in my thread? I guess it was your pagan Sunday worship tales cheesy
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 6:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
Splinz:

Cry me a river... cheesy cheesy cheesy

You are not qualified for these things which is why darkness is best reserved for you... grin. Enjoy your ignorance... cheesy
Just look at U... cheesy cheesy
disappointment is an understatement!
So it has now gotten to the stage of putting up funny memes just to expose Ur folly like this?
Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by Splinz(m): 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2017
[s]
openmine:

Just look at U... cheesy cheesy
disappointment is an understatement!
So it has now gotten to the stage of putting up funny memes just to expose Ur folly like this?

[/s]

grin grin grin... When you study more and gain some knowledge, hit me up. cheesy

Re: Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? by openmine(m): 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2017
Splinz:

grin grin grin... When you study more and gain some knowledge, hit me up. cheesy
grin grin
And when U stop behaving like a helpless toddler and receive some little sense....let me know grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

The Moment Masquerades Gave Their Lives To Jesus Christ (Video) / Fr. Timothy Ngwuta's Arrest: Statement From The Catholic Diocese Of Abakaliki / Low Turnout Of Teens In Churches Nowadays.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.