Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Common 'madness' In Lagos? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common 'madness' In Lagos? (31989 Views)

Madness As Nigerian Man Buries Mother In Hummer Jeep! (pic) / What Is The Relationship Between Madness And Laughing? / The Madness In Other Countries: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by AKO1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos: A smartly-suited man riding okada on his way to work. . . grin

N.B. This picture is REAL, taken by ME.

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Singular: 10:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
What r the pictures 4?.The driving one has GRA PH on it thats port harcourt. Even the marriage one has no reference to Lagos. Nothing special about the man on Okada.
Abeg give us your stories Lagosians.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 10:41pm On Dec 10, 2009
Scenario 1

Traffic Holdup in Lagos. I was in the passenger seat of my colleague's ride.
Mad man walks by with a plate asking for money. My colleague ignores him
Woman carrying two babies walks by begging, My colleague summons her and gives her some money

Mad man returns grumbling, "You see my condition, you no give me anything  shocked now u see this woman bring twins. You giv am money.
You go see, u no go born twins"

Me n my colleague were like " shocked shocked shocked "
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by showbobo(m): 10:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
GTay:

Scenario 1

Woman carrying two babies walks by begging, My colleague summons her and gives her some money

Mad man returns grumbling, "You see my condition, you no give me anything shocked now u see this woman bring twins. You giv am money.

WTF shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2009
GTay:

Scenario 1

Mad man returns grumbling, "You see my condition, you no give me anything  shocked now u see this woman bring twins. You giv am money.

Twins dey worry you? grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 10, 2009
gaddemmm!!!!!!! una no go kill person ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d las giddy!!!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by axeman85(m): 11:14pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in lagos. someone enters the bus and conductor say owo daa and you hear STAFF nii. lol

only in lagos when you are in front of silverbird they sell a packet of benson for 3oonaira when its 250naira.
only in lagos after paying transport far, the conductor will now tell you to shift that he wants to sit down in front of you on the engine.
only in lagos after boarding the bus someone will shout good morning brothers and sisters. lol
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 11:20pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in Lagos fuel attenders sell to keg customers before those with cars.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by gdini2003: 11:21pm On Dec 10, 2009
Check this out.
I work in VI and live near Chevron roundabout along Lekki/Ajah expressway and normally take a straight bike to work.
I was on my way to work as usual one morning when I witnessed the following incident.
I think it was about 9:00am on Friday and there happened to be not much traffic on either side of the expressway and vehicles were actually speeding.
Looking to the other side of the expressway, I noticed a white Kia Rio in the oncoming lane speeding,  and then suddenly start to swerve uncontrollably.
Next thing, the car swerves of the expressway and hits a small hill of gravel dumped by the side of the road.
The mound of gravel effectively acted like a ramp and the tiny Kia Rio is launched high into the air twisting gracefully during its flight in a single motion and lands upside down in a ditch like 30 meters from the road.
The way the Kia Rio flew was EXACTLY like how it happens in Hollywood action movies during car chases. I saw the whole sequence unfold in front of my eyes.
We were so close to the scene the Okada immediately crossed to the opposite lane to go and help the guy. As I got off the Okada I was the first person to reach the Rio as it lay on it's the roof.
In less than 10 seconds (I am not exaggerating when I saw 10 seconds), more than 30 assorted pedestrians and bystanders (conductors, agberos, okadas, etc) gathered around the Rio and lifted it right side up in a SINGLE motion.
I opened the driver’s door (my only contribution) and the driver was dragged out and lay on the ground. He seemed uninjured was in deep shock and immobile.
I found the coordination of the whole rescue amazing, as in it was over in 10 seconds. If you were calling 911 or some emergency number the call wouldn't have finished connecting before the driver was already rescued.
The windshield of the Rio didn't even shatter.
The whole thing was a trip.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 11:31pm On Dec 10, 2009
gdini2003:

Check this out.
I work in VI and live near Chevron roundabout along Lekki/Ajah expressway and normally take a straight bike to work.
I was on my way to work as usual one morning when I witnessed the following incident.
I think it was about 9:00am on Friday and there happened to be not much traffic on either side of the expressway and vehicles were actually speeding.
Looking to the other side of the expressway, I noticed a white Kia Rio in the oncoming lane speeding,  and then suddenly start to swerve uncontrollably.
Next thing, the car swerves of the expressway and hits a small hill of gravel dumped by the side of the road.
The mound of gravel effectively acted like a ramp and the tiny Kia Rio is launched high into the air twisting gracefully during its flight in a single motion and lands upside down in a ditch like 30 meters from the road.
The way the Kia Rio flew was EXACTLY like how it happens in Hollywood action movies during car chases. I saw the whole sequence unfold in front of my eyes.
We were so close to the scene the Okada immediately crossed to the opposite lane to go and help the guy. As I got off the Okada I was the first person to reach the Rio as it lay on it's the roof.
In less than 10 seconds (I am not exaggerating when I saw 10 seconds), more than 30 assorted pedestrians and bystanders (conductors, agberos, okadas, etc) gathered around the Rio and lifted it right side up in a SINGLE motion.
I opened the driver’s door (my only contribution) and the driver was dragged out and lay on the ground. He seemed uninjured was in deep shock and immobile.
I found the coordination of the whole rescue amazing, as in it was over in 10 seconds. If you were calling 911 or some emergency number the call wouldn't have finished connecting before the driver was already rescued.

one of the advantages of being in Lagos.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by MrCrackles(m): 11:34pm On Dec 10, 2009
gdini2003:

Check this out.
[b]In less than 10 seconds (I am not exaggerating when I saw 10 seconds), more than 30 assorted pedestrians and bystanders (conductors, agberos, okadas, etc) gathered around the Rio and lifted it right side up in a SINGLE motion.
I found the coordination of the whole rescue amazing, as in it was over in 10 seconds. If you were calling 911 or some emergency number the call [/b]wouldn't have finished connecting before the driver was already rescued.

Who needs the emergency services. . . . grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 11:36pm On Dec 10, 2009
It was the last Saturday of the month, that's about 5 months ago, i was inside my room around 8:20am watching TV when suddenly i heard a crack on my roof, i quickly rushed outside, saw a guy running on the roof like superman, it was like film trick. before i knew it, different people started shouting ole ole ole (thief), the guy jumped from the roof to the next street, he was then chased by angry mob shouting ole, the guy kept running until we later discovered that he was not a thief and that he was being chased by the environmental sanitation officers on duty for pushing the banned kole kole truck.

Lagos's not a place to form superman, hence you might be mobbed mistakenly.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 11:43pm On Dec 10, 2009
only in Lagos would nepa seize light and people start raining curses on them and at the same time shout up nepa in excitement as if super eagles won the world-cup once the light is restored.

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 11:46pm On Dec 10, 2009
[b]Rainy Season in Lagos
[/b]Corporate chick in a slick ride approaches ojuelegba under bridge, suddenly her car gets stuck in some mud.
An area boy shows up from nowhere, and heaves-the car over the muddy water.
The corporate chick says thank you but the young man inisists he wants payment. She frowns and starts to move the car!
The area boy becomes so furious he uses his hand to pack mud and pour it into the car straight on "Miss corporate baby" shocked shocked lol
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 11:50pm On Dec 10, 2009
Only in Lagos

When you are driving in the [b]Day [/b]and get bumped from behind , you bring your car to a halt and start screeming blue-murder! Yelling how its a new car, how you've just painted it blah blah blah and demaiding that the offender fixes the car!

When you are driving in the [b]Night [/b]and get bumped from behind, you put your leg firmly on the accelerator and zoom off as if you've just seen a ghost!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by OAM4J: 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2009
GTay:

[b]Rainy Season in Lagos
[/b]Corporate chick in a slick ride approaches ojuelegba under bridge, suddenly her car gets stuck in some mud.
The corporate chick says thank you but the young man inisists he wants payment. She frowns and starts to move the car!
The area boy becomes so furious he uses his hand to pack mud and pour it into the car straight on "Miss corporate baby" shocked shocked lol

Her mistake. She should have stopped the guy from helping or paid. No free lunch in Lagos grin

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2009
GTay:

[b]Rainy Season in Lagos
The area boy becomes so furious he uses his hand to pack mud and pour it into the car straight on "Miss corporate baby"  shocked shocked lol

guy, you just fall my hand, which side for ojuelegba mud dey dey for raining season? abeg, yarn me tori because i no no where mud go come from oo
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 11:55pm On Dec 10, 2009
^^^ You aint passed there recently i guess! The side heading towards Oceanic bank. You dey lagos so 
Also for your info ,  that road is just getting fixed! JBerger is still workin on that road as i type this msg

F.Y.I i saw this LIVE as i was in the car behind  wink
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by honeric01(m): 12:00am On Dec 11, 2009
@gtay

i don't believe you, there's no place i don't know in that part of Lagos, the roads there are paved except you are talking about somewhere else. how would a paved road have mud in raining season?
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 12:01am On Dec 11, 2009
lol honeric01, i wont argue with you, i ply that road everyday okay. Case closed  cheesy

If not for Julius Berger workin on it over the past 1 month plus, do you know how unmotorable that road has been recently, shocked
Talk less of Rainy season, i cant believe i'm even explaining myself to u
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by newakata(f): 12:03am On Dec 11, 2009
I did see a dead body on side of expressway this Sunday returning from V.I. sad
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by GTay(m): 12:06am On Dec 11, 2009
Scenario 2

This happened on apongbon bridge Lagos years ago.
There's this Mad man who is know for spitting into peoples vehicles. So whenever he approaches, everyone winds up at jet speed shocked.
This day, my colleague missed him totally and before she could say Jack Robinson, he was by the window, Waiting to spit like a reptile
My colleague starts begging and offered him some money; he grabs it and says "aunty you don buy new motor shocked "

Now how did a "mad man" know exactly what car she was using before . These guys ain't mad i tell u!

2 Likes

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by tubabie(f): 12:10am On Dec 11, 2009
^^^^^^ ROTFLMAO@ some stories here. grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by OAM4J: 12:19am On Dec 11, 2009
GTay:

Scenario 2

This happened on apongbon bridge Lagos years ago.
There's this Mad man who is know for spitting into peoples vehicles. So whenever he approaches, everyone winds up at jet speed shocked.
This day, my colleague missed him totally and before she could say Jack Robinson, he was by the window, Waiting to spit like a reptile
My colleague starts begging and offered him some money; he grabs it and says "aunty you don buy new motor shocked "

Now how did a "mad man" know exactly what car she was using before . These guys ain't mad i tell u!

Damm!!! I know the man you are talking about. I made the mistake once, had to pay, since then, I drive thru d bridge winds up. I knew he wasn't mad, he was doing it deliberately. Hope he is no longer there.

1 Like

Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by Gekko(m): 12:24am On Dec 11, 2009
grin grin grin grin story ti poju!!!!
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by skfa1: 12:29am On Dec 11, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by newakata(f): 12:34am On Dec 11, 2009
Only in Lagos will a compliment from a person in Uniform, be dreaded because its followed by a mandatory bribe.

This happened to hubby and me: [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]At the airport luggage Inspection point, the inspector kept saying how "fine the american wife b." And that the hubsband "he dey try" worked hard o- for such a fine babe, And if you want her to remain happy then you should polish the hand that is rummaging through her luggage well well.   angry

I try to be quiet and act casual so people don't notice I am a visitor, but they always KNOW somehow - that I am not homegrown and it ends up costing. Got to the point where my sister-in-law insisted I stay on the car as she exited for a few items from the market - because I was driving up the prices with just my presence.
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by mamagee3(f): 12:55am On Dec 11, 2009
ismailaw:

It was in a bus I boarded at Ikeja last saturday. That was where they met. A man who "ran away" from home one year, six months ago, and the wife. Come and see fight. The man even tried to escape but the woman got to him before the okada he tried to escape on could start.

The woman started reigning curses on the man who insisted that the woman was a witch and he had to run away from her. The woman insisted that they were going home together as she started crying. The bus was sango bound but I alighted at Agbado. There was an argument in the bus as people started taking sides. All ladies in the bus expectedly supported the woman while some men wondered why a woman would be so difficult that a man would run away from her and 4 kids.

It was indeed a sad drama

I only wish I was in that bus. grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by mamagee3(f): 12:57am On Dec 11, 2009
eros:

Only in Lagos can all these happen and more. Welcome to Lagos State, the city of EXCELLENCE.

City of Excellence, indeed. grin grin
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by mamagee3(f): 1:08am On Dec 11, 2009
Lagos scares the heck out of me. tongue
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by folly24: 1:22am On Dec 11, 2009
This are very interesting and worrisome experiment,I left lagos 9yrs ago
Re: Common 'madness' In Lagos? by mamagee3(f): 1:29am On Dec 11, 2009
^^Why did you leave? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

What Are These Words In Bini Language / El-Rufai Appoints Ahmed Nuhu Bamalli As Emir Of Zazzau / Ooni: "Adam And Eve Were Created In Ile-Ife, They Were Blacks"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.