Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Federal Republic Of South Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Republic Of South Nigeria (19622 Views)

Three Unique Heroes Of South-south, Nigeria / Photos Of South African Troops In Maiduguri ? / Drama As Tambuwal Joins Federal Republic Of Nigeria Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2010
Are sure you are an IBO man ,you are starting to talk like an ABOKI,by the way learn to spell properly.So much for your level of education.You are just trying to distract me like a noisy mosquito looking for blood to suck.Please control yourself and stop stalking me.Go watch a indecency movie or something.

I don beg the guy, his english na killer
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2010
SapeleGuy:

It seems you stand alone on this precipice, why?

I don't understand.

EmperorOlu:

Tell him Sapele ,he is one of those Ndigbo people who wants to steal your land.They lack "country confidence",they don't believe that their nation does not need Niger Delta to survive.Their eye dey chook always,trying to claim other people's property.Anyway i trust MEND ,MEND go mend any Ibgoman wey try nonsense.

The same MEND that was asking the Igbo to join them, the same Niger Delta which consists of Bonny, a majority Igbo speaking island? The same Ijaw who marry all the Igbo women that come past them? When did MEND attack Igboland? I can remember it attacking somewhere else. . . . .
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2010
Ezeagu,

Igbos do not need an inch of non-Igbo land to survive. Thank you.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2010
Mekusxyz:

Ezeagu,

Igbos do not need an inch of non-Igbo land to survive. Thank you.

Thats not what I'm saying.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
Are sure you are an IBO man ,you are starting to talk like an ABOKI,by the way learn to spell properly.So much for your level of education.You are just trying to distract me like a noisy mosquito looking for blood to suck.Please control yourself and stop stalking me.Go watch a indecency movie or something.

SEFAGO:

I don beg the guy, his english na killer

Sefago,

Is this (upper quote) the one you are proud of? It is as gibberish as they come. Anyway, you and Olu write alike. Hence your love for his grammatical blunders.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2010
Anyway, you and Olu write alike. Hence your love for his grammatical blunders.

Hmm, I doubt it- my style is quite unique. As long as it is not dede1 I a happy. It is even better to be compared to becomrich than your friend
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 9:32pm On Jan 02, 2010
This is a hypothetical thread but the insults flying are very real. East and West fighting each other. How does this progress your agenda?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2010
SapeleGuy:

This is a hypothetical thread but the insults flying are very real. East and West fighting each other. How does this progress your agenda?

First of all what groups would the 'Niger Delta' consist of?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2010
SapeleGuy:

My broda, I'm really concerned myself. I thought Nairalanders are intellectuals and not ethnicists. . . .Im realy disappointed with the racists in this thread
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 9:41pm On Jan 02, 2010
I thought Nairalanders are intellectuals and not ethnicists ethnocentrist

Not really most are very ethnocentric, and think they would be the best. I thought it was only the South Easterners but generalizing is wrong. I laugh uncontrollably though when I see mekusxx and co claim how wealthy the Biafran will be. It would just be like another poor african country in my own opinion. grin grin grin
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by WilyWily7: 9:50pm On Jan 02, 2010
EmperorOlu:

Tell him Sapele ,he is one of those Ndigbo people who wants to steal your land.They lack "country confidence",they don't believe that their nation does not need Niger Delta to survive.Their eye dey chook always,trying to claim other people's property.Anyway i trust MEND ,MEND go mend any Ibgoman wey try nonsense.
EmperorOlu,
You are a Stupid Yorubaman, are you looking for an Ally? Idiot.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Dede1(m): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Would you please clarify the above statement? One wonders whether ABOKI, as used here is a term of endearment or a bigotted statement.

Thanks

Do not pay any mind to that demented dullard. It takes less than a minute to smoke out a rat from the hole. It is unfortunate that a piece of dirt such as Emperorolu has the effrontery to denigrate ABOKI that had taken a position of lordship among his/her forbears.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Obinoscopy(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2010
SEFAGO:

Not really most are very ethnocentric, and think they would be the best. I thought it was only the South Easterners but generalizing is wrong. I laugh uncontrollably though when I see mekusxx and co claim how wealthy the Biafran will be. It would just be like another poor african country in my own opinion. grin grin grin

I'm beginning to think you are one of the racists
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 9:56pm On Jan 02, 2010
Obinoscopy:

Are you just thinking? Sefago is a self-confessed bigot and people like myself are only here to whip people like him into line.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Dede1(m): 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2010
SEFAGO:

Not really most are very ethnocentric, and think they would be the best.(Yaba market style of grammar) I thought it was only the South Easterners but generalizing is wrong. (fractured)  I laugh uncontrollably though when I see mekusxx and co claim how wealthy the Biafran will be. (you are still not alert) It would just be like another poor african country in my own opinion. = (Murderer of grammar) grin grin grin

Empty barrels have been known to make much noise.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by No2Atheism(m): 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2010
Can the moderator please lock this thread . . . it has degenerated to the level of insults and tribal sentiments . . .
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2010
Are you just thinking? Sefago is a self-confessed bigot and people like myself are only here to whip people like him into line.

Who confessed what to whom? Whip whom into shape? know your levels and stick to it grin grin grin, phd botanist

I am beginning to doubt your intelligence- pick the right words, we are all of the same race. People here are ethnocentric. I am bit more of a pan-african realist.

Together we stand, divided we fall  kiss
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2010
ezeagu:

I don't understand.

The same MEND that was asking the Igbo to join them, the same Niger Delta which consists of Bonny, a majority Igbo speaking island? The same Ijaw who marry all the Igbo women that come past them? When did MEND attack Igboland? I can remember it attacking somewhere else. . . . .

True and the same thing can be said about (yorubas and edos) also (kanuri and hausas) but if Nigeria were to split. Edos wont join yorubas and Kanuris wont be with the hausas-fulanis . . .

and this thread is wack now too much insults
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 10:21pm On Jan 02, 2010
Why can't people put their views forward with being insulted or insulting someone else? If you think someone is stating false information then correct them respectfully and with source.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Dede1(m): 10:26pm On Jan 02, 2010
SEFAGO:

Who confessed what to whom? Whip whom into shape? know your levels and stick to it grin grin grin, phd botanist

I am beginning to doubt your intelligence- pick the right words, we are all of the same race. People here are ethnocentric. I am bit more of a pan-african realist.

Together we stand, united we fall kiss

I know you can not disappoint the forum audience with your nonsensical jargon.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 10:27pm On Jan 02, 2010
SEFAGO:

Together we stand, united we fall  kiss

phd? That is, sure, your level. Onukwu!

You did confess several times of your tribalistic tendencies and it is obvious to even the blind.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2010
ezeagu:

I don't understand.

Dokubo Asari was openly calling for an alliance with the Igbo to enable the Ijaw move the fight forward, according to him "we need their number".

I have taken time to thoroughly study all the issues concerning Southern Nigeria and I concluded that no nation can exist down there without the ability of its components to fight off an enemy. People can make all the noise about Oduduwa republic but I remember that Ojukwu was sending a Biafran expeditionary force to Lagos and then Ibadan to constitute the first Oduduwa republic defense force before Oduduwa can assemble enough army for her own defense. That was one of his major miscalculations, because the force was seen as an invading force and sabotaged/stopped at Ore.

The Igbo (together with the Ibibio/Annag) might have lost a war but I still believe that they and the Ijaw are the only groups in the south that have ever demonstrated a motivation, ability and penchant for fighting a war. This is not meant as an insult to the Yoruba. I'm just stating the history of Nigeria as is.

The idea of a southern Nigeria can work because the Yoruba won't need to fight a war for it. There are other southerners to do that, provided the Yoruba are genuinely on-board and not try again to double deal. If the north think for a second that there would be a weak link in the south, you can kiss this southern Nigeria republic bye bye.
I also believe that you can easily convince the Igbo in Lagos to help fight off any northern invasion.
People should be realistic here. Only a foolish man does not acknowledge his own limits. Nigeria's history is still fresh and we know who did what in the recent past.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by eyesonyou: 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2010
ezeagu:

Why can't people put their views forward with being insulted or insulting someone else? If you think someone is stating false information then correct them respectfully and with source.

Not when you have Mekusxxx with his Nazi mentality and his belligerent cousin, Williy-Willy, running wild.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Mekusxyz: 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2010
^^^^^^
Sagamite Aka eyesonyou. My eyes are really on you, even in that yahoogroup you belong
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by SEFAGO(m): 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2010
Together we stand, united divided we fall

phd? That is, sure, your level. Onukwu!

You did confess several times of your tribalistic tendencies and it is obvious to even the blind.

Not really I havent confessed anything to you.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by FACE(m): 10:54pm On Jan 02, 2010
I have gone through the thread and it looks like most Southerners would like to secede from Nigeria.

Why then is it that most people westwards of Agbor come down on their eastern neighbours like a ton of bricks any time the later dare hint that they would love to be an independent nation ? Is it only a good idea when the whole south jointly secede or are they inseparable appandages of each other ?

Life is not all about "me too". If it is right for the southerners to break from the federation en bloc, then there is nothing wrong with any individual group wishing to go it alone.

In my opinion, we have greater potential as we are at the moment, but of what use are those potentials when there are forces ( constitution, nepotism, corruption, quota system, etc etc ) which continue to kick those potentials into the ground.

A simple transition of power to the VP in the event of the president's demise as stated in the constitution has degenerated into ethnic/regional political chicanery.

There is no way we can move forward like that and I think that the best solution at this point is to re-negotiate the terms of our co-existence and agree to part ways if necessary.

Those who make peaceful resolution of conflicts impossible shall find physical revolution/war inevitable. Everything has its  elastic limit and the continued existence of Nigeria as a nation has almost reached that limit and only time would tell if it would snap or return to shape.

For those who expect some form of royalty from other regions, you'd better have the military might to enforce it.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 11:03pm On Jan 02, 2010
FACE:

I have gone through the thread and it looks like most Southerners would like to seceed from Nigeria.

Why then is it that most people westwards of Agbor come down on their eastern neighbours like a ton of bricks any time the later dare hint that they would love to be an independent nation ? Is it only a good idea when the whole south jointly seceed or are they inseparable appandages of each other ?

Life is not all about "me too". If it is right for the southerners to break from the federation en bloc, then there is nothing wrong with any individual group wishing to go it alone.

In my opinion, we have greater potential as we are at the moment, but of what use are those potentials when there are forces ( constitution, nepotism, corruption, quota system, etc etc ) which continue to kick those potentials into the ground.

A simple transition of power to the VP in the event of the president's demise as stated in the constitution has degenerated into ethnic/regional political chicanery.

There is no way we can move forward like that and I think that the best solution at this point is to re-negotiate the terms of our co-existence and agree to part ways if necessary.

Those who make peaceful resolution of conflicts impossible shall find physical revolution/war inevitable. Everything has its  elastic limit and the continued existence of Nigeria as a nation has almost reached that limit and only time would tell if it would snap or return to shape.

For those who expect some form of royalty from other regions, you'd better have the military might to enforce it.

This is an offshoot of my earlier point. You better have the military might (either physically or mentally) to fight off an invading enemy.Period. We can dream all we like but that is the bottomline. Something tells me that a Biafra for instance would not have surrendered Bakassi to Cameroun. There are one million ways Nigeria botched it. A viable nation must have citizens ready to die for her. Everyone should bear this in mind.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Dede1(m): 11:39pm On Jan 02, 2010
@FACE

You could not have written it any better. The group of people throwing the blocks, as you have alleged in the write up, are political minnows who wrongly thought that the present predicament of Nigeria is tilting to their favor.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:59am On Jan 03, 2010
As for those designing and flying flags here, Igbo people say that one must first capture the kite or eagle before determining whether it is a taboo for a woman to eat it. grin We have good designers to give us a good flag. I really thought the OPs flag wasn't bad. cool
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Katsumoto: 2:14am On Jan 03, 2010
Onlytruth:

Dokubo Asari was openly calling for an alliance with the Igbo to enable the Ijaw move the fight forward, according to him "we need their number".

I have taken my time to thoroughly study all the issues concerning Southern Nigeria and I concluded that no nation can exist down there without the ability of its components to fight off an enemy. People can make all the noise about Oduduwa republic but I remember that Ojukwu was sending Biafran expeditionary force to Lagos and then Ibadan to constitute the first Oduduwa republic defense force before Oduduwa can assemble enough army for her own defense. That was one of his major miscalculations because the force was seen as an invading force and sabotaged/stopped at Ore.

The Igbo (together with the Ibibio/Annag) might have lost a war but I still believe that they and the Ijaw are the only groups in the south that have ever demonstrated a motivation, ability and penchant for fighting a war. This is not meant as an insult to the Yoruba. I'm just stating the history of Nigeria as is.

The idea of a southern Nigeria can work because the Yoruba won't need to fight a war for it. There are other southerners to do that, provided the Yoruba are genuinely on-board and not try again to double deal. If the north think for a second that there would be a weak link in the south, you can kiss this southern Nigeria republic bye bye.
I also believe that you can easily convince the Igbo in Lagos to help fight off any northern invasion.
People should be realistic here. Only a foolish man does not acknowledge his own limits. Nigeria's history is still fresh and we know who did what in the recent past.

So from the above, the Yoruba are cowards? I don't know what gave you that impression but please look into history.
I hope you know that the Oyo empire stretched from Western Nigeria all the way to Togo and won most of its battles through a superior force which had a cavalry. I will not go into too much detail. While it is correct that the Biafrans fought and tasted war, do not forget that Yorubas also fought in that war on both sides. May I also remind you that the some of the most skilled commanders in that war were Yoruba. Even the Biafran Expeditionary force that was stopped at Ore was under Victor Banjo.

Yorubas may be the last to show a willingness to fight but do not for one second think that is as a result of cowardice. The yorubas prefer dialogue initially, if that fails, then they fight. The Yorubas also fought the british on several occasions with one of the most important battles fought by the Ijebus against the British at Imagbon.
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by sjeezy8: 2:35am On Jan 03, 2010
Why would yorubas want to fight a battle which doesnt concern them?

The battle or civilwar isnt that of the yorubas and such, its between those in the North and South east/South south.
Im still wondering why the yorubas havent sold the rest of the south to the North, because the oppurtunity is there.

Becomeriches plan isnt far from possibility aside from the edo,bayesla delta joining benin part.
Why have a Federal Republic Of South Nigeria when they can have an odua nation without any people in the west(including non yorubas) being involved in a war?
Re: Federal Republic Of South Nigeria by Katsumoto: 3:04am On Jan 03, 2010
sjeezy8:

Why would yorubas want to fight a battle which doesnt concern them?

The battle or civilwar isnt that of the yorubas and such, its between those in the North and South east/South south.
Im still wondering why the yorubas havent sold the rest of the south to the North, because the oppurtunity is there.

Becomeriches plan isnt far from possibility aside from the edo,bayesla delta joining benin part.
Why have a Federal Republic Of South Nigeria when they can have an odua nation without any people in the west(including non yorubas) being involved in a war?

The above does not make sense. Are you following the progression of the thread? So if Odua becomes a republic and Arewa declares that it must have access to the Atlantic Ocean, will Odua not be forced to fight or given in like cowards? Why should you make a statement such as that highlighted in bold? You are further perputating the myth that Yorubas are sell-outs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Sex Scandal: US To Present Video Evidence / EFCC Has No Right To Keep Fayose For Over 24 Hours _ Ozekhome / Does Ogun State Have The Worst Roads In The South West?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.