Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

6 Things men want in a relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things men want in a relationship (47960 Views)

We Are Getting Old,why Don't You Men Want To Marry Us-female Soldiers Cry Out / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... / 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Daewoods(m): 10:32pm On May 14, 2017
Hmm, ok.
Get your favorite Nigeria Professional Football League*NPFL* club side jerseys. Check us out on jumia: gotayastore, twitter: NPFL merchandise, FB: NPFL merchandise.
Support our own, na we get am!
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 14, 2017
g
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 14, 2017
Lawd!!! Not again!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by BabaCommander: 10:33pm On May 14, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

This one is very tricky..the last time i gave him space he was asking for ...he was very upset angry

He said i didnt bothered to call or txt him for 2wks..the hell kinda space a man really want?

And then this PRAISE & APPROVAL undecided

The last time i praised the guy, he indirectly saying i am lying coz he knows he's ugly & have a big nose embarassed ...i swear i never even saw that one... undecided

Sometimes, i asked myself...WHY A LOT OF MEN ARE CONFUSED? wat yall exactly want us (ladies) to do to please u eehn? shocked sad
grin grin Jonser! You lovely rascal.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Swagahyk(m): 10:34pm On May 14, 2017
1,3 and 5 is ok, no plenty craps
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by PotatoSalad(m): 10:38pm On May 14, 2017
blowjóbs o. lots of it
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by harbjar(m): 10:38pm On May 14, 2017
Dotwillis1:
I decided to post this after seeing So much threads from ladies about been heartbroken, fear of losing their man to someone else and so on.

Okay Girls lets put an end to the needless fighting due to miscommunication, the unnecessary sex-less nights, verbal shut-downs and the rest. Follow this thread as we pour out our mind on some things we want from you in a relationship. So read through and do as we say, and I promise you’ll never see your relationship through the same lens again. cheesy

I have very short list here, so I leave the rest for the guys:

1. Respect

Men feel respect as love. So show us some, don't argue, don't insult in return even when he does out of anger. cheesy

Moreso, respect our choice and career. If he feels like you disapprove of him or the things that he believes to be integral to who he is as a person, he will have a hard time trusting and loving you. If a girl didn't respect my path or mission in life, then i will find it very difficult to feel anything other than an anxious need to distance myself from her.

2. Praise And Approval

Men have infamously tender egos. We need frequent reassurance about ourselves, our career paths, our sexual prowess, and our attractiveness (among other things).

Let your praise loose. Tell your man exactly what you find attractive about him. Let him know what physical features of his are your favourites. Tell him how attractive you find it when he says something a certain way, when he accomplishes something, or when he takes you on a date. Your praise won’t make him cocky; it will help him feel loved.

3. Sex

Men and women both connect through sex and communication, but generally, women connect better through communication and men connect better
through sex I guess. wink

So give us sex and don't think he is only all about sex and taking you to be a slut, No. If he reaches across the bed for you, even showing the willingness to embrace him, to kiss him deeply, and to engage him could be
enough to make him feel loved

And this does not mean that men need to have sex with their intimate partners every day in order to feel
connected..undecided

4. Positive Affirmation

All guys want to hear that they are really sexy and good in bed. Just like women, men need to hear that their women are happy with how they look and what they do. It makes them feel appreciated, and it's also a turn on for them. This also plays into being more vocal in bed, which is closer to the top of his list - don't be afraid to scream about how amazing he is. grin

5. Space

Suffocating a man (either by failing to allow him free time or with overly jealous behaviour) is the fastest way to end a relationship. Men need breathing room in a relationship. We need time for our hobbies, time with our friends, and so on. Let us have our spaces, you don't need to call every minutes to check in, don't be too possessive.

6. Emotional Maturity

A woman who has the maturity to not blame or criticize a man for what she’s feeling, but to share her feelings in an honest and authentic way that helps a man better understand her will be attractive to a man. How a woman handles her emotions is one of the most important things men look for in a relationship, whether or not to get serious with her.

If she lets her emotions get out of control, this is a big red flag to him.
On the other hand, if she can present her feelings to him in a calm, non-dramatic manner, she will win his respect and make him feel like she’s the kind of woman who will be a real partner to him. He’ll see that she can handle things with a cool head rather than becoming a damsel in distress he has to rescue.

Do you agree with the points stated?

cool cool cool drop ya comments
not all men want sex
no
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by KennedyNwaodu(m): 10:38pm On May 14, 2017
Sex na the real deal.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by HalbondAdmin: 10:39pm On May 14, 2017
Alright

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by McRalph(m): 10:41pm On May 14, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

This one is very tricky..the last time i gave him space he was asking for ...he was very upset angry

He said i didnt bothered to call or txt him for 2wks..the hell kinda space a man really want?

The last time i praised the guy, he indirectly saying i am lying coz he knows he's ugly & have a big nose embarassed ...i swear i never even saw that one... undecided

Sometimes, i asked myself...WHY A LOT OF MEN ARE CONFUSED? wat yall exactly want us (ladies) to do to please u eehn? shocked sad

Space of 2weeks hun If you get the article then you'll knw that's nt d kinda space we're talking of...concerning the praise aspect also don't flatter just praise him for something obvious and true, nt just with the sole aim of impressing him
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by 2Ways(m): 10:41pm On May 14, 2017
OK
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Davland(m): 10:45pm On May 14, 2017
EWAagoyin:
having male bestie
the male bestie u are allowed to have while in a relationship is ur brother and the holy spirit

am with u on dis

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by FreeSpirited: 10:49pm On May 14, 2017
professorfal:
ofcourse i agree but sex should top the list, after sex she can start exhibiting other things.

its only after sex i would know if i love you or not.
You are wrong.. Respect comes first...a lady who is respectful is naturally appealing to a man....That's what many gals don't knw when they disrespect their men.
When a lady has courtesy and respectful, an average guy will want to pay her back by screwing her..like a reward. But a disrespectful women is repulsive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by emmanuel2015: 10:51pm On May 14, 2017
The Op Mix Weed With Charcoal smokeOoo Say We connect By Sex
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by ojun50(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2017
No be yoruba girls oh
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by lastmaster(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2017
That 5 is real, I want to break up with my babe bc she doesn't give me any breathing space. She fight any lady dat comes around me.Ladies have started avoiding me like plague. There was a day she even fought my sister thinking that she's my gf. she calls me like 100times a day on the phone .I am tired of the relationship.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by addikt(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

2 weeks is too much sis....wen no be say you no dey date again.....

Plus the praise part , he's happy inside , he just can't say really ??...and run to the mirror .

Make I QUICKLY COPY THIS LINK GIVE MY GF cheesy
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by kings20(m): 10:53pm On May 14, 2017
All except sex is good for me
Anytime I try to start it
I feel d Lady dosen't deserve me slowly love or whatever its called disappears

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by dhardline(m): 10:53pm On May 14, 2017
You try sha...
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by chukwumar(m): 10:56pm On May 14, 2017
lastmaster:
That 5 is real, I want to break up with my babe bc she doesn't give me any breathing space. She fight any lady dat comes around me.Ladies have started avoiding me like plague. There was a day she even fought my sister thinking that she's my gf. she calls me like 100times a day on the phone .I am tired of the relationship.
...........run 4 ur life bro asap!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Goldenheart(m): 10:57pm On May 14, 2017
This girl no dey allow me breathe... angry angry angry

Bombard me with SMS n calls. Send me r3charge card if I don't call or text back!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by popesaint(m): 10:57pm On May 14, 2017
nice one.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by trumpclinton247: 10:58pm On May 14, 2017
Give your life to God and allow God to shape your future ....#Holy spirit is the best friend you need now...dont be decieved....God will supply you ..your heart desires ...A plan of Happy ending HE have to those that loves HIM..stay away from immorality ...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by flawlessT(f): 10:59pm On May 14, 2017
Men I dey hail ooo
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 10:59pm On May 14, 2017
MzEddytan:
@op you re absolutely right. I can do anything for my man to make him happy and luv me more everyday. Thats what keeps relationship growing stronger.
well said
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 11:00pm On May 14, 2017
Bumbae1:
Interesting

But even with all those points .. some still wont be satisfied
I seriously doubt it

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by djeuneur: 11:01pm On May 14, 2017
Jaynom:
1.Space - very important, we love you but don't choke us let's breathe a little. I can't call, see, chat with you everyday. Let me miss you a little
2.BlòwJòb - VERY IMPORTANT grin
3. Don't talk our ears off. Sometimes we need you to be quiet.
4. Know how to cook
5. Be Emotionally intelligent.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by dangotesmummy: 11:03pm On May 14, 2017
missbehave247:
I pray they listen
#yawns#

Even mercy aigbe did all that yet she still got the beaten of her life like an animal
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by lastmaster(m): 11:03pm On May 14, 2017
chukwumar:
...........run 4 ur life bro asap!!!!!!!!
bro I go even run pass cheetah now bc I no fit bear the thing anymore.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by madridsta007(m): 11:03pm On May 14, 2017
Dotwillis1:
I decided to post this after seeing So much threads from ladies about been heartbroken, fear of losing their man to someone else and so on.

Okay Girls lets put an end to the needless fighting due to miscommunication, the unnecessary sex-less nights, verbal shut-downs and the rest. Follow this thread as we pour out our mind on some things we want from you in a relationship. So read through and do as we say, and I promise you’ll never see your relationship through the same lens again. cheesy

I have very short list here, so I leave the rest for the guys:

1. Respect

Men feel respect as love. So show us some, don't argue, don't insult in return even when he does out of anger. cheesy

Moreso, respect our choice and career. If he feels like you disapprove of him or the things that he believes to be integral to who he is as a person, he will have a hard time trusting and loving you. If a girl didn't respect my path or mission in life, then i will find it very difficult to feel anything other than an anxious need to distance myself from her.

2. Praise And Approval

Men have infamously tender egos. We need frequent reassurance about ourselves, our career paths, our sexual prowess, and our attractiveness (among other things).

Let your praise loose. Tell your man exactly what you find attractive about him. Let him know what physical features of his are your favourites. Tell him how attractive you find it when he says something a certain way, when he accomplishes something, or when he takes you on a date. Your praise won’t make him cocky; it will help him feel loved.

3. Sex

Men and women both connect through sex and communication, but generally, women connect better through communication and men connect better
through sex I guess. wink

So give us sex and don't think he is only all about sex and taking you to be a slut, No. If he reaches across the bed for you, even showing the willingness to embrace him, to kiss him deeply, and to engage him could be
enough to make him feel loved

And this does not mean that men need to have sex with their intimate partners every day in order to feel
connected..undecided

4. Positive Affirmation

All guys want to hear that they are really sexy and good in bed. Just like women, men need to hear that their women are happy with how they look and what they do. It makes them feel appreciated, and it's also a turn on for them. This also plays into being more vocal in bed, which is closer to the top of his list - don't be afraid to scream about how amazing he is. grin

5. Space

Suffocating a man (either by failing to allow him free time or with overly jealous behaviour) is the fastest way to end a relationship. Men need breathing room in a relationship. We need time for our hobbies, time with our friends, and so on. Let us have our spaces, you don't need to call every minutes to check in, don't be too possessive.

6. Emotional Maturity

A woman who has the maturity to not blame or criticize a man for what she’s feeling, but to share her feelings in an honest and authentic way that helps a man better understand her will be attractive to a man. How a woman handles her emotions is one of the most important things men look for in a relationship, whether or not to get serious with her.

If she lets her emotions get out of control, this is a big red flag to him.
On the other hand, if she can present her feelings to him in a calm, non-dramatic manner, she will win his respect and make him feel like she’s the kind of woman who will be a real partner to him. He’ll see that she can handle things with a cool head rather than becoming a damsel in distress he has to rescue.

Do you agree with the points stated?

cool cool cool drop ya comments

A non-nagger. You forgot to add this. Men detest nagging. Nagging is so frustrating, extremely. Especially, the types laced with sarcasm.

For most men, when the lady starts nagging, he immediately starts looking for someone else if he is unmarried. For the married ones, he starts looking for a non-nagger, a non-complainer to "rest in." A non-nagger.

That's why a man seem to move on quickly and with someone new immediately after a break-up from someone who's a champion in nagging. No, you don't understand. A man needs peace; nagging takes that peace he needs and he finds that intolerable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Jaynom(m): 11:04pm On May 14, 2017
[quote author=djeuneur post=56526693][/quote]
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by keypad1: 11:06pm On May 14, 2017
MzEddytan:
@op you re absolutely right. I can do anything for my man to make him happy and luv me more everyday. Thats what keeps relationship growing stronger.
how lets hook up so that we can fvck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have I Been Charmed By This Guy? / Lady Bares Her Mind On Ladies Who Look Richer Than Their Background (video) / Little Boy Holds "Don't Worry Ladies I'm Still Single" Notice On Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.