Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

6 Things men want in a relationship - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things men want in a relationship (47974 Views)

We Are Getting Old,why Don't You Men Want To Marry Us-female Soldiers Cry Out / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... / 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by 2016v2017: 7:52am On May 15, 2017
Dotwillis1:
I decided to post this after seeing So much threads from ladies about been heartbroken, fear of losing their man to someone else and so on.

Okay Girls lets put an end to the needless fighting due to miscommunication, the unnecessary sex-less nights, verbal shut-downs and the rest. Follow this thread as we pour out our mind on some things we want from you in a relationship. So read through and do as we say, and I promise you’ll never see your relationship through the same lens again. cheesy

I have very short list here, so I leave the rest for the guys:

1. Respect

Men feel respect as love. So show us some, don't argue, don't insult in return even when he does out of anger. cheesy

Moreso, respect our choice and career. If he feels like you disapprove of him or the things that he believes to be integral to who he is as a person, he will have a hard time trusting and loving you. If a girl didn't respect my path or mission in life, then i will find it very difficult to feel anything other than an anxious need to distance myself from her.

2. Praise And Approval

Men have infamously tender egos. We need frequent reassurance about ourselves, our career paths, our sexual prowess, and our attractiveness (among other things).

Let your praise loose. Tell your man exactly what you find attractive about him. Let him know what physical features of his are your favourites. Tell him how attractive you find it when he says something a certain way, when he accomplishes something, or when he takes you on a date. Your praise won’t make him cocky; it will help him feel loved.

3. Sex

Men and women both connect through sex and communication, but generally, women connect better through communication and men connect better
through sex I guess. wink

So give us sex and don't think he is only all about sex and taking you to be a slut, No. If he reaches across the bed for you, even showing the willingness to embrace him, to kiss him deeply, and to engage him could be
enough to make him feel loved

And this does not mean that men need to have sex with their intimate partners every day in order to feel
connected..undecided

4. Positive Affirmation

All guys want to hear that they are really sexy and good in bed. Just like women, men need to hear that their women are happy with how they look and what they do. It makes them feel appreciated, and it's also a turn on for them. This also plays into being more vocal in bed, which is closer to the top of his list - don't be afraid to scream about how amazing he is. grin

5. Space

Suffocating a man (either by failing to allow him free time or with overly jealous behaviour) is the fastest way to end a relationship. Men need breathing room in a relationship. We need time for our hobbies, time with our friends, and so on. Let us have our spaces, you don't need to call every minutes to check in, don't be too possessive.

6. Emotional Maturity

A woman who has the maturity to not blame or criticize a man for what she’s feeling, but to share her feelings in an honest and authentic way that helps a man better understand her will be attractive to a man. How a woman handles her emotions is one of the most important things men look for in a relationship, whether or not to get serious with her.

If she lets her emotions get out of control, this is a big red flag to him.
On the other hand, if she can present her feelings to him in a calm, non-dramatic manner, she will win his respect and make him feel like she’s the kind of woman who will be a real partner to him. He’ll see that she can handle things with a cool head rather than becoming a damsel in distress he has to rescue.

Do you agree with the points stated?

cool cool cool drop ya comments
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by EzeeYFB(m): 7:54am On May 15, 2017
Dotwillis1:
grin grin

Not like you shouldn't call at all... Hear yasef, 2 damn weeks?? ...that ain't the kinda space expected. Just don't be too possessive.

Their is a way you praise someone and won't sound like yhu making fun of em... Maybe you didn't do it properly.

And then giving praises shouldn't be about the physical appearance alone

2 damn weeks, haba who r u na, stil send encouraging txt, check up on him, chai this one weak me
Even God doesn't give u that long before u Wil receive one sermon da He still loves you
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by bidexmat(m): 7:56am On May 15, 2017
Bumbae1:
Interesting

But even with all those points .. some still wont be satisfied
we will always have self centred lads, glutonous by default.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by VICTOFX(m): 7:57am On May 15, 2017
All these points are cool, but I'll advice d ladies to study their men, if u can get his communication code, uv gotten it all, communication is far more important than sex in a relationship, if u love him, uv got to know him as him, and don't go about relating with him based on some general ideas you've got abt the male folks.

And for you guys clamouring 4 sex to top the list,y wont you, wen thats all you really care 4 and wanted all the way, i don't blame you guys though, it's the ladies I'll advice to be wise,
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 7:59am On May 15, 2017
trustyshoess:
Women want all these things too and more! A relationship is a two way street. Respect from both sides is essential. This title should be "6 essential things in a relationship". It's things like these that make some men feel justified in beating up their spouses because "she did not respect me". What happened to walking away or dumping her? Beating her up shows how disrespectful you are as well
you made a good point

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by oladoja1(m): 7:59am On May 15, 2017
FreeSpirited:
You are wrong.. Respect comes first...a lady who is respectful is naturally appealing to a man....That's what many gals don't knw when they disrespect their men.
When a lady has courtesy and respectful, an average guy will want to pay her back by screwing her..like a reward. But a disrespectful women is repulsive
I don't understand what screwing means am not joking o
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 8:01am On May 15, 2017
dukeolumde:

What u said is true. I for one don't raise my hands on any woman. Thought there are other things Op didn't mention ... grin grin grin grin

MODIFIED: Beg me to tell u na... grin grin grin grin
please do grin

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 8:02am On May 15, 2017
dechar:
you know as e day go,more grease to your kini oh sorry elbow
Whatever which way, thanks
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by FreeSpirited: 8:04am On May 15, 2017
oladoja1:

I don't understand what screwing means am not joking o
Fu¢king
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Mabelenena(f): 8:08am On May 15, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

This one is very tricky..the last time i gave him space he was asking for ...he was very upset angry

He said i didnt bothered to call or txt him for 2wks..the hell kinda space a man really want?

And then this PRAISE & APPROVAL undecided

The last time i praised the guy, he indirectly saying i am lying coz he knows he's ugly & have a big nose embarassed ...i swear i never even saw that one... undecided

Sometimes, i asked myself...WHY A LOT OF MEN ARE CONFUSED? wat yall exactly want us (ladies) to do to please u eehn? shocked sad
My dear,they dnt knw what they want undecided
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 8:10am On May 15, 2017
Yk1506:
Guys and their rules.....u do problem,u no problem,u do too much wahala.we r learning.am a new comer here!

abide by the rules and you won't have a problemsmiley

Welcome Miss new comer
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Cavenchy(m): 8:13am On May 15, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

This one is very tricky..the last time i gave him space he was asking for ...he was very upset angry

He said i didnt bothered to call or txt him for 2wks..the hell kinda space a man really want?

The last time i praised the guy, he indirectly saying i am lying coz he knows he's ugly & have a big nose embarassed ...i swear i never even saw that one... undecided

Sometimes, i asked myself...WHY A LOT OF MEN ARE CONFUSED? wat yall exactly want us (ladies) to do to please u eehn? shocked sad

No doubt men love to be praised, however we don't like lies. So if you're gonna praise a man, ensure it is something he has done that is worth the praise. For what it's worth, there would always be some quality he possesses that stands out for you, and he would not only appreciate your kind gesture but your thoughtfulness as well, men are wowed by a thoughtful woman. Praising a quality that a man clearly doesn't possess could be seen as mockery or nonchalance.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 8:23am On May 15, 2017
dukeolumde:

What u said is true. I for one don't raise my hands on any woman. Thought there are other things Op didn't mention ... grin grin grin grin

MODIFIED: Beg me to tell u na... grin grin grin grin
Lol I don't beg
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 8:25am On May 15, 2017
ilems:

You are absolutely right. Mind you, a wise woman build the home, so lady first.
An average man want to see submission in exhibiting the issues discussed above, then if he's wise responsible and reasonable enough, he follows suit.Taken?
As a Christian, yes I believe women should be submissive to their husbands. But submission doesn't mean door mat. The funny thing is some men expect this same submission from a woman they haven't married! That's just plain dumb.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 8:26am On May 15, 2017
Destinyy22:
We learn everyday. No one is perfect in a relationship, both parties should tolerate each other and learn to forgive easily too.
that's right
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by daredreman(m): 8:31am On May 15, 2017
TrapQueen77:

I dont reallt like pestering ppol sha..so im good even if he wanted 1year space wink

If you love him you won't give him 2 weeks space not to talk of a year....
At least from experience.... To me 1 or 2 days space is good enough and I don't even buy d idea of d space thing sef, because there will be no space in marriage
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2017
debbie223:
Op u r rite bt nt all guys think the same as u.

Any time i give my man space say like 3-4 days without visiting or maybe i called just once a day.the next minuite he'll come straight to my house n tell me i value my work more than him.

If he does something i admire say work related m i praise him he gets angry n tell me he thinks am lying that he sees the way i tackle my work related issues that he can never compete with me.

If i tell him i like the way he dress or speak he will tell me how outspoken n how he sees my male colleagues dress dat i'm making mockery of him.Sometimes i just wish he will understand that I love him n i mean everything i say abt him.
this is serious. Buh then try to sound more convincing and romantic when giving your compliments and then be sure hrs in the right mood for it.

Calling should be something of reciprocity. When you call then he's expected to return your call and not you doing it every time

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Missmossy(f): 8:35am On May 15, 2017
pryme:

You are wrong dear, a relationship is like a house if, if you don't take your time and build it, it will be blown away when the storms come.

Love is like a plant, you have to nurture it for it to grow. It will die if the conditions are not right.

There is nothing like "what will be, will be"in this one,
Cos ppl can destroy what will be with their carelessness
Obviously you misunderstood what i said.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Chikpat(m): 8:39am On May 15, 2017
[quote author=TrapQueen77 post=56531044][/quote]

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by pryme(m): 8:48am On May 15, 2017
Missmossy:

Obviously you misunderstood what i said.

I understood you perfectly,

Obviously, you can't relate msg to yours.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by AkupeMBANO(m): 9:07am On May 15, 2017
professorfal:
ofcourse i agree but sex should top the list, after sex she can start exhibiting other things.

its only after sex i would know if i love you or not.
see yA mouth

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by fohlarp: 9:32am On May 15, 2017
Wtf a rltnshp wrby d guy expcts too mch frm d lady wras d guy is doin nthg to mk d rltnshp wrk excpt d lady shwg luv n care,2 d extent dt d guy wnts d lady 2 extnd it to hs family.he wnt cal 2 knw ow d lady's farg but alws wnt d lady 2 rspt n care 4 hm.d guy in qstn wld evn hug ladies in her prsnc nd call dem pet names,wch md d lady angry can we call ds jealousy or her actn is rite.ds has bn on 4 yrs,d guy is nt chgn.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by steve6: 9:37am On May 15, 2017
True !
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 9:37am On May 15, 2017
VICTOFX:
All these points are cool, but I'll advice d ladies to study their men, if u can get his communication code, uv gotten it all, communication is far more important than sex in a relationship, if u love him, uv got to know him as him, and don't go about relating with him based on some general ideas you've got abt the male folks.

And for you guys clamouring 4 sex to top the list,y wont you, wen thats all you really care 4 and wanted all the way, i don't blame you guys though, it's the ladies I'll advice to be wise,
thanks for this piece
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by teniboss(m): 10:01am On May 15, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

sweetheart giving your man space doesn't mean you should not call or text for 2 weeks straight, that was awkward....
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by agitator: 10:14am On May 15, 2017
Dotwillis1:
grin grin

Not like you shouldn't call at all... Hear yasef, 2 damn weeks?? ...that ain't the kinda space expected. Just don't be too possessive.

Their is a way you praise someone and won't sound like yhu making fun of em... Maybe you didn't do it properly.

I have noticed that most Nigerian women exhibit that kind of behaviour. You tell them to give you space, they take it to the extreme. Tell them to give you time to read, they won't talk to you anymore. Tell them there is too much salt in the food, they stop adding salt.

They always go for the extreme. This implies that you either accept it they it is or you don't have it. grin grin grin
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Dotwillis1(m): 10:24am On May 15, 2017
agitator:

I have noticed that most Nigerian women exhibit that kind of behaviour. You tell them to give you space, they take it to the extreme. Tell them to give you time to read, they won't talk to you anymore. Tell them there is too much salt in the food, they stop adding salt.

They always go for the extreme. This implies that you either accept it they it is or you don't have it. grin grin grin

LOL @ too much salt grin
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 10:42am On May 15, 2017
All this "SPACE" you people are wanting, when we marry nko?? Please deal with it, it's part of the training process.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by AgbenuAnna(f): 11:18am On May 15, 2017
Dotwillis1:
grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by zimuzo: 11:24am On May 15, 2017
So I met this guy in Uyo, and I lost him because I was young and naive. I saw him as proud and decided never to respect him. Along the line, something changed, i started being respectful. Before I left uyo, he told me that he would never miss me. It has been 2 years now and I still miss him so much; I called him the other day. I have prayed and prayed to God, for this feelings to vanish and yet nothing... I feel terrible
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by AgbenuAnna(f): 11:29am On May 15, 2017
lastmaster:
That 5 is real, I want to break up with my babe bc she doesn't give me any breathing space. She fight any lady dat comes around me.Ladies have started avoiding me like plague. There was a day she even fought my sister thinking that she's my gf. she calls me like 100times a day on the phone .I am tired of the relationship.
life can be so funny.when I don't call him a day that one na case oh,he wants me to follow him to birthdays(if I don't go along with him he wouldn't go and I hate party's) football field, church everywhere he goes to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Little Boy Holds "Don't Worry Ladies I'm Still Single" Notice On Wedding Day / Lady Bares Her Mind On Ladies Who Look Richer Than Their Background (video) / Have I Been Charmed By This Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.