Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:29 PM

6 Things men want in a relationship - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Things men want in a relationship (48234 Views)

We Are Getting Old,why Don't You Men Want To Marry Us-female Soldiers Cry Out / 10 Silly Things Men Should Stop This Year!!... / 8 Things Men Want in A Relationship That Every Woman Should know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by DonCortino: 6:29am On May 15, 2017
If you dont have money or u are not rich, dont expect shìt from any lady!!!

I don tell u my own!
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by sekem: 6:31am On May 15, 2017
torres89:
please don't use the phrase give SEX

u make it sound like there are doing charity for us

The thing taya me, I swear angry
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by valJR(m): 6:38am On May 15, 2017
Dotwillis1:
I decided to post this after seeing So much threads from ladies about been heartbroken, fear of losing their man to someone else and so on.

Okay Girls lets put an end to the needless fighting due to miscommunication, the unnecessary sex-less nights, verbal shut-downs and the rest. Follow this thread as we pour out our mind on some things we want from you in a relationship. So read through and do as we say, and I promise you’ll never see your relationship through the same lens again. cheesy

I have very short list here, so I leave the rest for the guys:

1. Respect

Men feel respect as love. So show us some, don't argue, don't insult in return even when he does out of anger. cheesy

Moreso, respect our choice and career. If he feels like you disapprove of him or the things that he believes to be integral to who he is as a person, he will have a hard time trusting and loving you. If a girl didn't respect my path or mission in life, then i will find it very difficult to feel anything other than an anxious need to distance myself from her.

2. Praise And Approval

Men have infamously tender egos. We need frequent reassurance about ourselves, our career paths, our sexual prowess, and our attractiveness (among other things).

Let your praise loose. Tell your man exactly what you find attractive about him. Let him know what physical features of his are your favourites. Tell him how attractive you find it when he says something a certain way, when he accomplishes something, or when he takes you on a date. Your praise won’t make him cocky; it will help him feel loved.

3. Sex

Men and women both connect through sex and communication, but generally, women connect better through communication and men connect better
through sex I guess. wink

So give us sex and don't think he is only all about sex and taking you to be a slut, No. If he reaches across the bed for you, even showing the willingness to embrace him, to kiss him deeply, and to engage him could be
enough to make him feel loved

And this does not mean that men need to have sex with their intimate partners every day in order to feel
connected..undecided

4. Positive Affirmation

All guys want to hear that they are really sexy and good in bed. Just like women, men need to hear that their women are happy with how they look and what they do. It makes them feel appreciated, and it's also a turn on for them. This also plays into being more vocal in bed, which is closer to the top of his list - don't be afraid to scream about how amazing he is. grin

5. Space

Suffocating a man (either by failing to allow him free time or with overly jealous behaviour) is the fastest way to end a relationship. Men need breathing room in a relationship. We need time for our hobbies, time with our friends, and so on. Let us have our spaces, you don't need to call every minutes to check in, don't be too possessive.

6. Emotional Maturity

A woman who has the maturity to not blame or criticize a man for what she’s feeling, but to share her feelings in an honest and authentic way that helps a man better understand her will be attractive to a man. How a woman handles her emotions is one of the most important things men look for in a relationship, whether or not to get serious with her.

If she lets her emotions get out of control, this is a big red flag to him.
On the other hand, if she can present her feelings to him in a calm, non-dramatic manner, she will win his respect and make him feel like she’s the kind of woman who will be a real partner to him. He’ll see that she can handle things with a cool head rather than becoming a damsel in distress he has to rescue.

Do you agree with the points stated?

cool cool cool drop ya comments
I totally agree this is just 95% of what a man wants from a lady no doubt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Laurettalolo(f): 6:41am On May 15, 2017
RIP bro, he was killed by Boko Haram on Friday, from abia state, his facebook name is ubadire Noble chukwumaeze

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by ImaIma1(f): 6:41am On May 15, 2017
DonCortino:
If you dont have money or u are not rich, dont expect shìt from any lady!!!

I don tell u my own!

That is the one that is paining you.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by seguntijan(m): 6:44am On May 15, 2017
When a poor guy talks to you, you say God forbid, when a rich guy drive past you, you say oh my Gosh !!!
*Tuface married Anne, after many years of flirting with other women, why? Because he knows no other woman has contributed to his life as much as Anne.
*Van Vicker did the very same thing, got married to the girl he met when he was just 15yrs old.
*Peter of Psquare did same to his girlfriend and baby mama of many years.
What do we learn from this? They have seen a lot of women in their lives, but they went back to that one woman who stood by them when they were a nobody.
There is nothing as sweet as the love of that woman who soak garri with you, who slept with you on your hard floor without a bed,who didn't care about what you had or what you didn't have. Their love is pure,sweet and innocent.
Most times they are OBEDIENT, CONSIDERATE, UNDERSTANDING, SUPPORTIVE, SUBMISSIVE.
Why? Because they know what you went through before you made it in life. They have become part of you and understand you even more than you understand yourself sometimes.
Be careful of already made women.
Most of them are there for your party and cash. After the party, they are gone. If there's no money,they bring out their real self, hmm.
My say is, if you have that woman that has supported you, been there for you and never leave you even when you were rude to her.
Don't let her go! She is PRICELESS
A treasure not easy to find! She is rare.
She is a woman of class, not a woman of money
KEEP HER!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by dechar(m): 6:45am On May 15, 2017
niceguy7:
Sex should be the last thing ever wanted in a relationship.... sad
the boy is nice APA lon jebe
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Boldtrust(m): 6:46am On May 15, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

This one is very tricky..the last time i gave him space he was asking for ...he was very upset angry

He said i didnt bothered to call or txt him for 2wks..the hell kinda space a man really want?

And then this PRAISE & APPROVAL undecided

The last time i praised the guy, he indirectly saying i am lying coz he knows he's ugly & have a big nose embarassed ...i swear i never even saw that one... undecided

Sometimes, i asked myself...WHY A LOT OF MEN ARE CONFUSED? wat yall exactly want us (ladies) to do to please u eehn? shocked sad

SPACE... 2 weeks? common gurl, that was one hell of a space.

PRAISE & APPROVAL.... you probably sounded sarcastic. The way you say something is as important or sometimes even more important than what you say. Find a better way of to deliver your words.
Imagine, if this comment can be this sarcastic, it's an obvious fact you sounded same in delivering your praise and approval

However, some men can actually be twisted.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by dechar(m): 6:51am On May 15, 2017
MzEddytan:
@op you re absolutely right. I can do anything for my man to make him happy and luv me more everyday. Thats what keeps relationship growing stronger.
you know as e day go,more grease to your kini oh sorry elbow
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by debbie223(f): 6:55am On May 15, 2017
Op u r rite bt nt all guys think the same as u.

Any time i give my man space say like 3-4 days without visiting or maybe i called just once a day.the next minuite he'll come straight to my house n tell me i value my work more than him.

If he does something i admire say work related m i praise him he gets angry n tell me he thinks am lying that he sees the way i tackle my work related issues that he can never compete with me.

If i tell him i like the way he dress or speak he will tell me how outspoken n how he sees my male colleagues dress dat i'm making mockery of him.Sometimes i just wish he will understand that I love him n i mean everything i say abt him.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Missmossy(f): 6:55am On May 15, 2017
Hmmmm some of the points though undecided anyways with or without all these any relationship that would survive the test of time would and vice versa.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 6:55am On May 15, 2017
We learn everyday. No one is perfect in a relationship, both parties should tolerate each other and learn to forgive easily too.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by udemzyudex(m): 6:58am On May 15, 2017
niceguy7:
Sex should be the last thing ever wanted in a relationship.... sad

Keep deceiving yourself, I bet you're one of those that self service just to kill the urge and pretend to your woman your love is not about sex
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by dodelight(m): 7:00am On May 15, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

This one is very tricky..the last time i gave him space he was asking for ...he was very upset angry

He said i didnt bothered to call or txt him for 2wks..the hell kinda space a man really want?

The last time i praised the guy, he indirectly saying i am lying coz he knows he's ugly & have a big nose embarassed ...i swear i never even saw that one... undecided

Sometimes, i asked myself...WHY A LOT OF MEN ARE CONFUSED? wat yall exactly want us (ladies) to do to please u eehn? shocked sad
My dear, about that space of 2 weeks, I take it that you intentionally did that to spite him, not to actually give him a space. And I think you know the space we're talking about here.
And about praises/approval. Not every guy cares about all you see on that list, you have to personally study what makes your man thick. Finally, only BOYS and not MEN are confused about what they want, so be sure that 'man' is not actually a 'boy'. Age ain't maturity.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by niceguy7(m): 7:02am On May 15, 2017
udemzyudex:

Keep deceiving yourself, I bet you're one of those that self service just to kill the urge and pretend to your woman your love is not about sex
Bros, calm down...e no reach like that naa.....nairalander gat no chill at all..
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by niceguy7(m): 7:06am On May 15, 2017
dechar:
the boy is nice APA lon jebe
clap clap....mr lecturer.. undecided .
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 7:09am On May 15, 2017
powerbike:
ure rite however if u keep to most of those rules wif a gud guy u'll enjoy ur relationship
Thats the plan smiley
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 7:11am On May 15, 2017
addikt:

You're right , but you're damn pretty though . wink
Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by moyarhtohbadt(f): 7:14am On May 15, 2017
Jaynom:
1.Space - very important, we love you but don't choke us let's breathe a little. I can't call, see, chat with you everyday. Let me miss you a little
2.BlòwJòb - VERY IMPORTANT grin
3. Don't talk our ears off. Sometimes we need you to Just keep quiet.
4. Know how to cook
5. Be Emotionally intelligent.
I can't date you, or any one alike. You are very ignorant about how love operates.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by sagitariusbaby(m): 7:14am On May 15, 2017
[s]
professorfal:
ofcourse i agree but sex should top the list, after sex she can start exhibiting other things.

its only after sex i would know if i love you or not.
[/s]

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by CoolChinex07: 7:18am On May 15, 2017
When u are in courtship wit a born again and went to visit her

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by CoolChinex07: 7:20am On May 15, 2017
This is how u dress wen u visit ur born again fiancee

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Chikpat(m): 7:25am On May 15, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

U get experience for d mata. see as ur body dey kpoko pikin. E bi lyk say u go sabi d thing? U go sabi d thing! Fine gurl
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by pryme(m): 7:27am On May 15, 2017
Missmossy:
Hmmmm some of the points though undecided anyways with or without all these any relationship that would survive the test of time would and vice versa.

You are wrong dear, a relationship is like a house if, if you don't take your time and build it, it will be blown away when the storms come.

Love is like a plant, you have to nurture it for it to grow. It will die if the conditions are not right.

There is nothing like "what will be, will be"in this one,
Cos ppl can destroy what will be with their carelessness
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 7:28am On May 15, 2017
Chikpat:

U get experience for d mata. see as ur body dey kpoko pikin. E bi lyk say u go sabi d thing? U go sabi d thing! Fine gurl

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by cluksy(m): 7:32am On May 15, 2017
TrapQueen77:
wink

The SPACE tho...

You knew he has a big nose wtf ure praising about his face? That's mockery, just like praising ur big boobs that looks like the biggest sized agbalumo
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by DonCortino: 7:33am On May 15, 2017
ImaIma1:

That is the one that is paining you.

Ah don teeey you!
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by luckenzo77: 7:37am On May 15, 2017
professorfal:
ofcourse i agree but sex should top the list, after sex she can start exhibiting other things.

its only after sex i would know if i love you or not.

Means you cannot be in a no sex relationship otherwise how will you love your hubby/wifey only after marriage cos that's when you're expected to have sex.
Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by whizcartel(m): 7:43am On May 15, 2017
trustyshoess:
Women want all these things too and more! A relationship is a two way street. Respect from both sides is essential. This title should be "6 essential things in a relationship". It's things like these that make some men feel justified in beating up their spouses because "she did not respect me". What happened to walking away or dumping her? Beating her up shows how disrespectful you are as well
Preach Sister.

1 Like

Re: 6 Things men want in a relationship by Nobody: 7:45am On May 15, 2017
cluksy:

You knew he has a big nose wtf ure praising about his face? That's mockery, just like praising ur big boobs that looks like the biggest sized agbalumo
angry

The hell u judged me angry ? U never even know what ive said to him...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pls I Ll Like 2 Kno If A Girl Can Disvirgin Herself By Her Hand Or Finger Ok / Five (5) Things Ladies Must Know Before Marriage / Mention The Lies Your Ex Told You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.