Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? (17960 Views)

Poll: Should women always obey their husbands?

Yes: 60% (51 votes)
No: 40% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? / Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands / The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by aremuolusegun: 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
When a woman finds it hard to submit to the man in relationship den der is no basis to continue in dat relationship, yes the bible says wives submit to ur husband. Most ladies will say "afterall we are nt married yet".when der is no submission der is no love. What is love. I av my own view but will kept it for yours.so wen it gets to dat level of finding it hard,just breakup. Becos a man is meant to lead and he will do just dat.likewise d bible says husband love ur wife.so if der is no love for the wife den what is the basis for dat relationship.women wen in love will always love to submit no matter how ridiculous d idea dey only fail to submit wen dey sense mistrust,betrayal etc.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by MrsChima(f): 11:38pm On Apr 13, 2012
Why are men constantly looking for submissive wives if they aren't willing to be the husband deserving of submissive women?
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by dmobee: 5:02am On Apr 30, 2013
The book of 1 Peter 3 says: "Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; 2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. 3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: 6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters [1] ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement. 7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered."

If we read this well, the last sentence is " . . . that your prayers be not hindered." This means there is a penalty for a man who treats his wife badly. God cannot be mocked. But God knows His creation. He made man first and made woman out of the ribs of man. Therefore, they are involved and as the institution of marriage is involved, they are one flesh, just like they were a part of each other from the beginning of creation! If a man deals badly with his wife, he deals with himself and also if a woman does the same she deals badly with herself. To crown it all, whenever both deal badly with each other, they deal badly with God because we were all made in His image! Rebellion is refusal to obey the word of God and both parties have instructions stated clearly as to how they should deal with each other. The root of rebellion usually comes from inability to obey the word of God and that is when the wiles of the world has captured us. The enemy uses its subtil nature to deceive us by making us fight for our rights; whether man or woman. But by Gods design, when we obey, things naturally fall in place. But please note this: There is an order to things! There is an order to creation. Our Lord Jesus Christ, even though a part of the Trinity and present at creation, had never seen Himself as equal to God. God sent Christ, Christ also sent the Holy Spirit. The bible says Christ is the head of Man and man head of his wife. The Patriarchs of old in the scriptures were talking about ideal situations where the home is founded on the principles of God, therefore examples like Sarah and Abraham were used. No one can give what he or she does not have! When the right foundation of God has been established in a family, it will always work the way it is written in the bible. A God-loving and God-fearing man will always love his wife and accord her respect and this will be visible to the woman who will feel so good that the outpouring of her own love towards him will be tremendous and that is why we find Sarah acknowledging Abraham as "Lord". Certainly she was not equating him with God, but only realizing that if she revered him in the way God desires, her prayers will be answered and she will always, without fail, enjoy the pleasantness of her husband and home. I am afraid to say, that most homes these days are not founded on God and the calamity of the consequence is what we are experiencing. Women equate themselves with men. Not so at all. Even God said ". . . giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, . . .". A weaker vessel cannot and must not equate itself with a stronger vessel and likewise, a stronger vessel must realize the role of availability and protection it must have towards the weaker vessel. But like I said earlier, both of them must have come off the REAL POTTER'S WHEEL. And who is that REAL POTTER? God the almighty. He is the foundation. Only He can mold to perfection because the potter does not argue with the clay. As long as we have a faulty foundation that is not of God,then what God said in Jeremiah 18:2-10 will apply, except we repent and look up to Him - "2 Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.Then I went down to the potter's house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it. Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying,O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel. At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them."

There are no shortcuts to bliss in marriage: (1). Did God certify the union? (2). If so, Has it remained founded on God or has it derailed? (3). Do we remain obedient and faithful to His word, and observing of the roles He has called for all parties, Husband, Wife and even Children?

May His Holy Spirit continually lead and guide us. Amen.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Nobody: 5:19am On Apr 30, 2013
...maybe, just maybe, because husbands are not able to love their wives ...
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by tpiadotcom: 10:27am On Nov 29, 2015
woye77:
"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord." Ephesians 5:22 - that's what the bible says but it seems nowadays the world is changing and the whole world is changing. Ladies are becoming westernised and are finding it increasingly hard to submit to their partners. Why is this so? is submission still relevant in modern day climate? Guys what are your views on this?
'

the bible says submit yourselves to one another.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage / Is It Right To Encourage Our Kids To Seductively Dance/twerk?(pic/video) / Ladies Pay And Queue To Take A Picture With A Man Big joystick (pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.