Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? (17959 Views)

Poll: Should women always obey their husbands?

Yes: 60% (51 votes)
No: 40% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? / Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands / The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Oba234: 5:06am On Jan 15, 2010
My response was meant for JUSTCASH
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 5:07am On Jan 15, 2010
Oba234:

My response was meant for JUSTCASH
aiite wink
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 5:07am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

will you seriously get the fc-uk outta here with your pathetic attempt at a sensible post?
do you know what submission is?
do you know what submission entails?
if i don't want to lick any dumb fc-uk's arse irrespective of gender and that makes me the most un submissive woman on this planet, how the fc-uk is it your problem?[/b]get off my ti-ts already!!
ps: lesbians are human beings and not a different race or specie, whatever applies to straight people applies to them and other gay people also, so do yourself a favour and get educated or shut your gob

Exactly my point.  I have alot of Lesbian friends. They are so many that I make some mistakes when I am with a straight girl. I respect their ways and they respect mine.  So dear, all the insults just revealed that you are in an emotional trauma (No insults intended)
Like I said before, I understand you. [b]There is no need to tear your skin.

It is Simple, You cannot be Submissive to a man. I understand and respect that. You are a lesbian, I don't expect you to be submissive. People like you can never be.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 5:10am On Jan 15, 2010
that's it
i quit
you are clearly set in your ways of folly and no amount of education (or attempts) can wring you free
my heart goes out to those unfortunate to be in your company ever.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 5:11am On Jan 15, 2010
Oba234:

a.
are you A SlowPoke? are you really comparing a child's submission to a parent to a grown adult?? News flash, your Wife is a grown adult. She is a human being just like you. Do you like being submissive to somebody? African men and their false sense of superiority is laughable. Please check you ego and if you want something that will obey your every order. Thats what a Dog is for. Go marry one, I am pretty sure you will be satisfied.

A statement that starts with an insult is not worth replying. Put it properly to get an answer. It is only animals that insult people unnecessarily
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 5:13am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

that's it
i quit
you are clearly set in your ways of folly and no amount of education (or attempts) can wring you free
my heart goes out to those unfortunate to be in your company ever.

I didn't insult you babe. I stated facts. Take it easy dear. You r hurting yourself.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 5:14am On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

A statement that starts with an insult is not worth replying. Put it properly to get an answer. It is only animals that insult people unnecessarily
*death*
animals have the capabilities of reasoning?
enough to know when insults (after they developed the sense of speech and an organised language understandable by humans) are necessary and unnecessary?
ever considered a career in stand-up?
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Oba234: 5:16am On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

lmao, you are a joke. You dont deserve a proper response from me. It's only an animal that would want a full grown woman treated like a child. please fly away. idiot.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by H2O2: 5:17am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

It doesnt begin to materialise when they marry, sh1t starts when they dating. If i'm dating you, you have absolutely no right to tell me to do your laundry
GL:

sometimes they put on good disguises before marriage, so the woman has no inclination of how useless her husband is until after several years of marriage.
if prayer didn't lead you to the right man then
then divorce sweetie! God does not compulse a woman to put up with a heartless animal.
i know it's easier said than done, but . . . . sometimes count your loses

(the fc-uk we got laundrettes for?) if you're sick or other wise indisposed, that's understandable lil things like this are examples; submission to many people (both men and women) is another word for glorified slavery. Glorified cos you get to live in the same house, sleep in the same bed, bear the same surname (the doods will rarely ever let her retain her maiden name for any reason), and have intimacy together.
I agree with this, except in relationships where the man is the dominant breadwinner of the household.
A woman then asking him to come home and man the other responsibilities is just being ridiculous.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by H2O2: 5:19am On Jan 15, 2010
GL:

undecided undecided grin
hey, is that good or bad because lol tongue i would have emailed you quicker than the speed of light
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 5:22am On Jan 15, 2010
H2O2:

then divorce sweetie! God does not compulse a woman to put up with a heartless animal.

(the fc-uk we got laundrettes for?) if you're sick or other wise indisposed, that's understandable lil things like this are examples; submission to many people (both men and women) is another word for glorified slavery. Glorified cos you get to live in the same house, sleep in the same bed, bear the same surname (the doods will rarely ever let her retain her maiden name for any reason), and have intimacy together.

I agree with this, except in relationships where the man is the dominant breadwinner of the household.
A woman then asking him to come home and man the other responsibilities is just being ridiculous.
even with that example, the man still has the responsibility of helping out ocassionally
you can't go on about providing the money n expecting everything to be done for you for that reason alone?
a marriage is a union, not a contract or acquisition.
Making the effort to join in the house work on weekends, taking out the trash, these are menial things that a sole breadinner can do to help out a bit. (since we're talking home responsibilities now)
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 5:23am On Jan 15, 2010
@Bluespice: I understand your anger and frustration.  grin

@Oba234: I doubt if you can ever make a proper statement in your life without being insolent. I would have been amazed if you had corrected your insult infested question.  wink
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Oba234: 5:29am On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

@Bluespice: I understand your anger and frustration. grin

@Oba234: I doubt if you can ever make a proper statement in your life without being insolent. I would have been amazed if you had corrected your insult infested question. wink

lol, corrected my insult infested question for what? who are you? what are you? do I know you? I find it hillarious that you are making general statement about my life? so please, tell me about what you think is happening in my life?? Like I said, you are an Idiot.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 5:34am On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

@Bluespice: I understand your anger and frustration.  grin

it never ceases to amaze me how nincompoops can asses my life based on curt replies to idiotic threads.
That said, it would be quite nice if you could seriously get over your obsession with bluespice and her 'in-submissive' lifestyle.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by H2O2: 5:36am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

even with that example, the man still has the responsibility of helping out ocassionally
you can't go on about providing the money n expecting everything to be done for you for that reason alone?
a marriage is a union, not a contract or acquisition.
Making the effort to join in the house work on weekends, taking out the trash, these are menial things that a sole breadinner can do to help out a bit. (since we're talking home responsibilities now)
again, the man will not completely fold his arms and renounce househould tasks, he just wouldn't be under as much of an obligation to perform the soft-chore responsibilities.  if he's out there winning bread, what is she doing and where does her money go ?
women are dissatisfied with useless men and in relation men also refuse lazy women.  i understand the plight of men who shoulder the monetary responsibilities, and it's only fair for the woman to pamper the home.

a lot of this conversation borders on the kind of relationship one is in so i am going to desist from making absolute statements.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 5:39am On Jan 15, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@Oba 234: Any observer will confirm what I said. You can never make statements in your life without being insolent. One does not need a native doctor to know that.  cheesy

I don't know your sex, bt I can guess that you are probably a man. It is men that talk with such bullish force and brute expressions. If you are a Lady, Then you must be a tom-boy (No insult intended).

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

@Bluespice: Guess what, The statement you replied to was typed by a Lesbian. However, If you are not a Lesbian, say it boldly, Then I will conclude that you must be a child.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 5:42am On Jan 15, 2010
H2O2:

again, the man will not completely fold his arms and renounce househould tasks, he just wouldn't be under as much of an obligation to perform the soft-chore responsibilities.  if he's out there winning bread, what is she doing and where does her money go ?
women are dissatisfied with useless men and in relation men also refuse lazy women.  i understand the plight of men who shoulder the monetary responsibilities, and it's only fair for the woman to pamper the home.

a lot of this conversation borders on the kind of relationship one is in so i am going to desist from making absolute statements.
cute grin

But i understand what you're saying, the problem is when it all comes down to the basics, we are both saying the same things. If a woman chooses or finds herself at home while the husband brings home the philosophical bacon, they should both never try to trivialize the other's job. While the man should see no reason not to help out occasionally and when he's asked (politely and reasonably) by his wife, the wife should also understand the man works and gets tired the same way she works and gets tired.
Understanding and compromise is how marriage works, or isn't that what our parents try to tell us? isn't that what submission is really all about?
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by victichy: 5:43am On Jan 15, 2010
I think the woman should fully obey thier husband. because they are the breadwinners of the house and more as the standard figure in the household.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by GL(f): 5:44am On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

Dear GL, Check the real meaning of being submissive to your husband.
When you are submissive to your parents, it doesn't mean that you are a slave. You still get the same care, love and respect that is due for Children.
Women needs to be submissive to keep the relationship working. It is not only cultural, but natural.
Your husband will only feel the pinch of responsibility when he feels and know that he own you, and is responsible for your psychological and physiological wellbeing. He will find it difficult to fall into other women's trap when he is aware that no Woman can ever be as submissive as you are to him. It is a Wife's submission that makes a Man seem like his wife's fool in the face of his married friends who are fighting for sex supremacy with their wives.

i was actually agreeing with your post till i got to the bold part and felt like i'd just been hit in the face. NO man can own me, not the wealthiest, most loving, most handsome, godliest man. i'm NOT a piece of property, i don't want to own my husband so why would he want to own me. i'm a submissive and loving type but can't see myself as a man's property ever. it's a shame if a man can only feel responsible when he feels he owns me because i dont even plan on owning him and yet i choose to submit to him and love him. rather than feeling threatened i expect a man to feel honoured that i can walk away from him anytime but i won't. if that doesn't scream love, i wonder what does.

i agree that submission isn't equivalent to slavery. i see submission as me ALLOWING a man to take the lead and CHOOSING to follow. anything that takes the choice out of the equation reduces it to slavery. like someone said people are submissive at work, that's because you have to choice to resign anytime. if you don't have the option of resigning, then you are a slave. as for your comparison of wives and children, children are supposed to be incapable of making intelligent/right decisions and they require supervision. we can't be expected to remain children forever
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 5:46am On Jan 15, 2010
victichy:

I think the woman should fully obey thier husband. because they are the breadwinners of the house and more as the standard figure in the household.

On point.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by chiogo(f): 5:47am On Jan 15, 2010
victichy:

And if the woman is the breadwinner?
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 5:48am On Jan 15, 2010
GL:

i was actually agreeing with your post till i got to the bold part and felt like i'd just been hit in the face. NO man can own me, not the wealthiest, most loving, most handsome, godliest man. i'm NOT a piece of property, i don't want to own my husband so why would he want to own me. i'm a submissive and loving type but can't see myself as a man's property ever. it's a shame if a man can only feel responsible when he feels he owns me because i dont even plan on owning him and yet i choose to submit to him and love him. rather than feeling threatened i expect a man to feel honoured that i can walk away from him anytime but i won't. if that doesn't scream love, i wonder what does.

i agree that submission isn't equivalent to slavery. i see submission as me ALLOWING a man to take the lead and CHOOSING to follow. anything that takes the choice out of the equation reduces it to slavery. like someone said people are submissive at work, that's because you have to choice to resign anytime. if you don't have the option of resigning, then you are a slave. as for your comparison of wives and children, children are supposed to be incapable of making intelligent/right decisions and they require supervision. we can't be expected to remain children forever
I went through the same process of agreeing until i saw the bolded bit.
He's using the bible and the quotes therein out of context, the sooner he realizes that, probably the better for him
Justcash:

On point.
Quite expected.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 15, 2010
I'll submit to him, not 100% tho.

I hit a pot of gold.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 5:49am On Jan 15, 2010
chiogo:

And if the woman is the breadwinner?
darling, she'll have to kiss his feet, bend over backwards, pop out some babies, feed them, keep the house clean and fix him a sammich, all of that while being 'submissive' of course smiley
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by H2O2: 5:50am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

cute grin

But i understand what you're saying, the problem is when it all comes down to the basics, we are both saying the same things. If a woman chooses or finds herself at home while the husband brings home the philosophical bacon, they should both never try to trivialize the other's job. While the man should see no reason not to help out occasionally and when he's asked (politely and reasonably) by his wife, the wife should also understand the man works and gets tired the same way she works and gets tired.
Understanding and compromise is how marriage works, or isn't that what our parents try to tell us? isn't that what submission is really all about?

The inherent message that both husbands and wives shockingly miss is LOVE.

A man should love and cherish his wife like God loves the church, and the woman in honor of his love and the mercy of God should submit in deference to her husband.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by chiogo(f): 5:52am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

darling, she'll have to kiss his feet, bend over backwards, pop out some babies, feed them, keep the house clean and fix him a sammich, all of that while being 'submissive' of course smiley
Perfect answer wink
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 5:54am On Jan 15, 2010
Not one to call the integrity of the Bible or the wisdom of God and those that wrote the books into contention,
but imagine if that verse existed without the word 'submission'?
imagine it was replaced by mutual-understanding in love(which is really what it means) imagine the amount of discussions and arguments that wouldn't have taken place?
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 5:57am On Jan 15, 2010
GL:

The Context in which I used ownership is different from just owning a piece of cloth. My Idea of ownership is that after marriage neither you nor your husband can have any kind of marital affairs outside yourselves and your Family. Your husband's marital love, responsibilty and care must be shown only to you and your children. in that case he has been taken. The same goes for you.
You own your man and your man own you. That is why it is considered unfaithfulness for him to fall in love with any other woman outside you.
It can be likened to constraining yourself to only him because you are his own and he is yours.
IT does not mean that your husband has bought you and kept you as a furniture. Nah! It means that you are no more available for other Men and he is no more available for other women.
I don't surpport gender inequality. I antagonise it feverently. But Culture and natural family responsibilities must not be overlooked.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Oba234: 5:59am On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@Oba 234: Any observer will confirm what I said. You can never make statements in your life without being insolent. One does not need a native doctor to know that.  cheesy

I don't know your sex, bt I can guess that you are probably a man. It is men that talk with such bullish force and brute expressions. If you are a Lady, Then you must be a tom-boy (No insult intended).

grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

@Bluespice: Guess what, The statement you replied to was typed by a Lesbian. However, If you are not a Lesbian, say it boldly, Then I will conclude that you must be a child.

okay, I am going to let you think what you think you know about me. Okay, I am a dude or I am also a Tomboy, whatver makes you sleep better at night, think of it. I might even be a Transvestite. Whatever, I am done.           NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 6:07am On Jan 15, 2010
Oba234:

okay, I am going to let you think what you think you know about me. Okay, I am a dude or I am also a Tomboy, whatver makes you sleep better at night, think of it. I might even be a Transvestite. Whatever, I am done. NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Just my thought. I could be wrong. grin Didn't mean to make you feel bad ok? I just prefer clean and enlightened discussions. No need for insults.
bluespice:

Not one to call the integrity of the Bible or the wisdom of God and those that wrote the books into contention,
but imagine if that verse existed without the word 'submission'?
imagine it was replaced by mutual-understanding in love(which is really what it means) imagine the amount of discussions and arguments that wouldn't have taken place?

Unfortunately for you, it has the word. It is the Word of God. He made you out of a Man, so he knows why you should be submissive. Respect it dear. wink
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 6:10am On Jan 15, 2010
will you shut your mouth with your hypocritical lies about being up for gender equality,
you're a sexist who uses the bible to defend his ways taking the word of God out of context
for real there should be a special place in hell for people like you, rob pattison and rush limbaugh
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by GL(f): 6:10am On Jan 15, 2010
H2O2:

The inherent message that both husbands and wives shockingly miss is LOVE.

A man should love and cherish his wife like God loves the church, and the woman in honor of his love and the mercy of God should submit in deference to her husband.

EXACTLY!!!

H2O2:

not on my life, i can't even contemplate putting up with the heartless animal.

H2O2:

hey, is that good or bad because lol  tongue i would have emailed you quicker than the speed of light

it meant 'playing hard-to-get'  grin

H2O2:

trust me, many men do that. btw, what exactly does a lazy woman look like? because some guys think a hardworking woman is one who wakes up as early as 4 or 5 and starts cleaning up. if a woman takes the responsibility of ensuring the house is always clean, she should be given freedom to do it as she wants. the man shouldnt be telling her when to do it or how. it should only be an issue if the house is not cleaned up at all.

like  you said it all boils down to love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pls Help Look At What I Saw After Having S3x With Her / Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage / Is It Right To Encourage Our Kids To Seductively Dance/twerk?(pic/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.