Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? (17956 Views)

Poll: Should women always obey their husbands?

Yes: 60% (51 votes)
No: 40% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Women Must Be Submissive In A R/ship? Ladies Your Say? / Women Should Be Submissive With Their Husbands / The Kind Of Guy That Women Find Attractive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Oba234: 6:21am On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

Just my thought. I could be wrong. grin Didn't mean to make you feel bad ok? I just prefer clean and enlightened discussions. No need for insults.

why would I feel bad about something that some man posted from somewhere across the world I rebuke the day that I decided to take nosense on this website to heart. Nairaland is hillarious to me. I refuse to believe many of you guys think like this.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 6:22am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

will you shut your mouth with your hypocritical lies about being up for gender equality,
you're a sexist who uses the bible to defend his ways taking the word of God out of context
for real there should be a special place in hell for people like you, rob pattison and rush limbaugh

Wow! I hurt you so bad!!!!!!!  embarassed grin cheesy

What don't you want to believe?
That the bible said that a Woman Should be submissive? (The Islamic prescription is similar)
That a woman is made out of a Man?
That you need to be the helper, rather than the boss?
That God made a woman (Eve) out of the need to create a helping hand for Adam?
That you were made from a Man's rib?
That's what the bible told me o! The Bible didn't say that all these will ensure gender inequality. They are natural roles that God made.

You either take it or leave it, it is your choice dear. It's a free world. Do what you want. Afterall not all women deem it fit to get married (Like you want to do)
I still can't explain why you are pissed!  smiley
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by GL(f): 6:23am On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

The Context in which I used ownership is different from just owning a piece of cloth. My Idea of ownership is that after marriage neither you nor your husband can have any kind of marital affairs outside yourselves and your Family. Your husband's marital love, responsibilty and care must be shown only to you and your children. in that case he has been taken. The same goes for you.
You own your man and your man own you. That is why it is considered unfaithfulness for him to fall in love with any other woman outside you.
It can be likened to constraining yourself to only him because you are his own and he is yours.
IT does not mean that your husband has bought you and kept you as a furniture. Nah! It means that you are no more available for other Men and he is no more available for other women.
I don't surpport gender inequality. I antagonise it feverently. But Culture and natural family responsibilities must not be overlooked.

okay, i see. actually this submission controversy is worsened by our culture. i agree that natural family responsibilities should not be overlooked. culture is dynamic, yet we're holding on to aspects of ancient culture that are at odds with modern life.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 6:36am On Jan 15, 2010
Oba234:

why would I feel bad about something that some man posted from somewhere across the world I rebuke the day that I decided to take nosense on this website to heart. Nairaland is hillarious to me. I refuse to believe many of you guys think like this.

I'm glad to know that you are not feeling bad.  cool

GL:

okay, i see. actually this submission controversy is worsened by our culture. i agree that natural family responsibilities should not be overlooked. culture is dynamic, yet we're holding on to aspects of ancient culture that are at odds with modern life.
Yeah, Most of Nigerian Ancient cultures surpported gender inequality. Most of that has really changed over the years due to modernisation. Most enlightened Nigerian guys now find it disgusting to treat their wives like furnitures (It is really disgusting). However, there are basic cultural roles that modernisation has not taken away. For example, it will still look strange for a wife to go and do the servicing of the cars, while the husband cooks at home. It is permitted in western countries, but very very out of place in Nigeria and most african countries. Basic House chores (Cooking, cleaning, washing etc) are naturally meant for the wife, while house repairs (Carpentry works, electrical repairs etc) are meant for the husband.
These are roles that are not meant to be thought in school, they are done with common sense.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by H2O2: 6:37am On Jan 15, 2010
GL:

EXACTLY!!!
I'm glad we agree.

not on my life, i can't even contemplate putting up with the heartless animal.
good  wink

it meant 'playing hard-to-get'  grin
tongue hey, i'm down with that . . . as long as it lands me an email from you at the end i'll be content.n   cheesy

but
trust me, many men do that. btw, what exactly does a lazy woman look like? because some guys think a hardworking woman is one who wakes up as early as 4 or 5 and starts cleaning up. if a woman takes the responsibility of ensuring the house is always clean, she should be given freedom to do it as she wants. the man shouldnt be telling her when to do it or how. it should only be an issue if the house is not cleaned up at all.

like  you said it all boils down to love.
Can you at least concede that the women who put up with those dead-beat dudes foot some blame by allowing the man to get away with it without admonishing him?  Many women remain taciturn and allow men to get away with smaking no efforts in the relationship, and by some miracle expect to change him when marriage rolls around.  Things simply don't work that way.

a lazy woman has numerous qualities. to list a few, she is one who neglects her responsibilities - house maintenance included, either phlegmatically or pompously.   Of course she has the freedom to clean at her leisure, as long as long as the house is not unkept or scattered, unpresentable, and even unwelcoming to guests.  Clean the house when it suits you but keep it tidy.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 6:41am On Jan 15, 2010
Justcash:

Just my thought. I could be wrong.  grin Didn't mean to make you feel bad ok? I just prefer clean and enlightened discussions. No need for insults.
Unfortunately for you, it has the word. It is the Word of God. He made you out of a Man, so he knows why you should be submissive. Respect it dear.  wink

Justcash:

Wow! I hurt you so bad!!!!!!!  embarassed grin cheesy

What don't you want to believe?
That the bible said that a Woman Should be submissive? (The Islamic prescription is similar)
That a woman is made out of a Man?
That you need to be the helper, rather than the boss?
That God made a woman (Eve) out of the need to create a helping hand for Adam?
That you were made from a Man's rib?
That's what the bible told me o! The Bible didn't say that all these will ensure gender inequality. They are natural roles that God made.

You either take it or leave it, it is your choice dear. It's a free world. Do what you want. Afterall not all women deem it fit to get married (Like you want to do)
I still can't explain why you are pissed!  smiley
when you juxtapose your comments you see why i'm ever so slightly pissed at you.
I have no problems submitting to anyone, if you read my first post on this thread, i believe i made that clear.
but your refering to women being made out of men, and hammering on submission coupled with some other ridiculous things you have said all night,
don't blame me for placing you in the same boat as rob pattison - taking the bible and God words out of context to suit your own argument.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 6:57am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

when you juxtapose your comments together you see why i'm ever so slightly pissed at you.
I have no problems submitting to anyone, if you read my first post on this thread, i believe i made that clear.
but your refering to women being made out of men, and hammering on submission coupled with some other ridiculous things you have said all night,
don't blame me for placing you in the same boat as rob pattison - using the bible and God words to suit your own argument.

Oh come off it babe. It is not meant to suit my argument. It is meant to justify my argument. I am saying the simple truth.
If the topic was "Men are better than Women" I'd prove that wrong. I am neither saying that a woman must always obey her husband (Especially when he is wrong) nor that a man should batter his wife because she is submissive.
I am just saying that it is natural for a woman to be submissive to her husband. A woman needs to be submissive (Recommended by the bible). It is another thing to be submissive to a fault (Most guys don't like this). It makes a woman timid. Being submissive and smart is it.
However, We are in a free World! You can do what you want. You can choose to be submissive to your man or not to be. If he surpports you, then you can keep dancing along. However, Most Men prefer submissive women due to the cordial co-existence, mutual understanding and unreserved love that comes with that.
I aint cut out for a Gender war! It is unnecessary. why would I want it, when for every woman that doesn't want to be submissive, 10 are waiting eagerly to be as submissive as the man wants (as long as they will marry them).
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 7:06am On Jan 15, 2010
refrain from using the word 'babe' when referring to me thanks.

You know what, i'll let you be. You keep swinging to both sides of this discussion the act itself is almost dizzying. i realised a while back that you would use the bible to support your views, so i might as well let you be. But remember you saying submission was the only guarantee to a 'happy' marriage?
why shouldn't the man submit to his wife?

i'm outta here no time for your antics
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Ojumiii(m): 7:20am On Jan 15, 2010
Women be submissive to your Men and Men love your Women, Those are the word of God

Please: No to gender war
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 7:27am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

refrain from using the word 'babe' when referring to me thanks.
You know what, i'll let you be. You keep swinging to both sides of this discussion the act itself is almost dizzying. i realised a while back that you would use the bible to support your views, so i might as well let you be. But remember you saying submission was the only guarantee to a 'happy' marriage?
why shouldn't the man submit to his wife?
i'm outta here no time for your antics

Sorry for the Use of "Babe" (I thought you were one) cool

However, a woman being submissive to the man is natural.  I'm so sorry, you cannot change that. If you were straight you'd be submissive.  grin
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by bluespice(f): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2010
you're new
i'll pardon your insolence
and i'm straight
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 7:36am On Jan 15, 2010
bluespice:

you're new
i'll pardon your insolence
and i'm straight

Oh! I'm so Sorry. You just said it for the first time. I got the clue, but wanted you to say it so that I can be sure.

You just disappointed my lesbian friend here. Lol!

I didn't mean to insult you girl.
Yes, I am new to Nairaland, because it is becoming more popular in Asia.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by SisiKill1: 7:46am On Jan 15, 2010
From what i've observed with real married couples, men, the whole den den den, you did not submit to me, i'll tell my mommy for you, submission issue doesn't really come up.

They are too busy worrying about real, honest to goodness issues like how to bring their children up well and giving them the best life, for all that crap. Quite frankly, you gotta have too much time on your hands to have that on your mind, and this is why it's the unmarried ones who make it an issue. tongue
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by H2O2: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

From what i've observed with real married couples, men, the whole den den den, you did not submit to me, i'll tell my mommy for you, submission issue doesn't really come up.

They are too busy worrying about real, honest to goodness issues like how to bring their children up well and giving them the best life, for all that crap. Quite frankly, you gotta have too much time on your hands to have that on your mind, and this is why it's the unmarried ones who make it an issue. tongue
angryYou are being brutally honest here. I'm framing this candid post.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

Peroxide, take note grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by chiogo(f): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2010
Sisi_Kill:

LMFAO!!@ sentence in bold.

Thank you. The way they be having migraines about this issue ehn, I tell you if they took Nigeria's problems this seriously, we'd be better off than the U.S. Real talk!
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by H2O2: 8:00am On Jan 15, 2010
ibkaye:

Peroxide, take note grin cheesy
sweety i did that with more celerity than you could have imagined. we need to discuss it further after you email me though

grin grin She spoke like one of those sapient monks, didn't she ??
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 15, 2010
LOL gosh you're just perfect aren't you cheesy
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by H2O2: 8:09am On Jan 15, 2010
ibkaye:

LOL gosh you're just perfect aren't you cheesy
lmao na sisi is the buddha
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by HERO111: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2010
@poster,
I think marriage shouldn't be seen as  a context between d husband and the wife battling for supremacy over who wins in terms of submissiveness or love.
the  bible says the two shall join together and become one.  Its not necessary waiting for your wife to submit before u love  her or for her to wait for ur love b4 she submits. Once both of you are serious and want the marriage to work u will naturally do d right thing.
Are we saying  because the bible says man love thy wife the women cant love their husbands too? or woman be submissive to thy husband means men cant be submissive too to their wives? i think marriage goes beyond those too rules. and a working marriage is only for those who are ready to lay down their pride and ego, to do the right thing that they think will move their homes and the families forward. In any good marriage, their must be alot of sacrifice to keep it moving.
Thats how i understand marriage.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2010
oh lawd!!!!

Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by ono(m): 9:22am On Jan 15, 2010
Hmnnnn. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Moyola(f): 9:41am On Jan 15, 2010
Funny how ignorant moofookers remember the bible when it suits them but turn a blind eye when it doesnt suit them. If the woman is loved by the man then she will do her best to make him happy.

. . .in line wiv my thoughts!
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Bisijohn: 9:49am On Jan 15, 2010
Women find it difficult generally to submit because of pride. A woman that earns more than the husband will find hard to submit. Educational advantaged women also will not want to obey easily. Submission gives birth to Love. It comes before before Love. Every woman has this singular role to play-Submission, which makes the heart of the husband to be endeared to her. The advice to women generally is that they should exhibit total submission to their husband at all times and husbands as well should totally love their wives. For any marriage to work out, it must be 40-60 level of tolerance, if it is 50-50, it won't last.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Wrex(m): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2010
men should love their wives and wives should obey their husbands, smiley smiley
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 15, 2010
The Bible has never used the word obey so don't get it twisted. I am sorry if you think that being women means we are stupid and we can't read the Bible for ourselves.

But I have a brain of my own and YOUR BIBLE HAS NEVER USED TO WORD OBEY!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Justcash(m): 10:21am On Jan 15, 2010
michelin89:

The Bible has never used the word obey so don't get it twisted. I am sorry if you think that being women means we are silly and we can't read the Bible for ourselves.

Hahahahahahaha grin

Obey no dey bible again grin. The Word "Obey" was used in several mordern editions of the Bible.

Didn't expect to see something like this.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by denny4ril: 10:28am On Jan 15, 2010
wink being a career woman is no reason for any woman not to be submissive to any man. but on the other way round, SUBMISSION is not being DOGMATIC and I think that is where we shuld all get it crystal clear, both men and women
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by Wrex(m): 10:35am On Jan 15, 2010
michelin89:

The Bible has never used the word obey so don't get it twisted. I am sorry if you think that being women means we are silly and we can't read the Bible for ourselves.

so,women should disobey their husbands?whats your point?, and don't get it twistwd either, i did not say women are silly, i respect women and i expect them to treat me with the same Courtesy i have shown them
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by GBAS: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2010
Absolutely NO. Majority of NIGERIA men are not sincere enough !
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by oge4real(f): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2010
I never knew this topic could be this interesting.
Re: Why Do Women Find It Hard To Be Submissive In Relationships? by sleekymag(m): 11:21am On Jan 15, 2010
@JustCash,
I've been following your posts and i must say that they are commendable. You've been spot on, speaking my mind on every occasion. keep it up, bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pls Help Look At What I Saw After Having S3x With Her / Quit Toxic And Abusive Relationships Or Marriage / Is It Right To Encourage Our Kids To Seductively Dance/twerk?(pic/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.