Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (36180 Views)

Supreme Court: Celebration In Imo As Uzodinma Is Declared Winner / IF BIAFRA REFERENDUM IS ACCEPT TO HOLD TODAY I'LL GO TO COURT & STOP IT! / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared?? PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Mujtahida: 12:46am On Jun 01, 2017
Billyonaire:
Who da fucck do you think I am ? You think Otedola or dangote or Adenuga can not be on anonymous crackhouse koboland ? You are mistaken, if I tell you who and who come here to laugh out their stress you will bow down and be serious. Social media gives one room to feel the vibes of the street. Even the Presidency have presence on this forum....ask around.
Typical Nigerian. Sorry, Nigerian - Biafran Please tell me who the fucck you are.
Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Dannidom(m): 12:46am On Jun 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:

This isn't about nightmares, rather the reality on ground.

I've you ever sat to ponder on the matter the OP brought up?
And how does that concern you?
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Curlieweed: 12:47am On Jun 01, 2017
Mujtahida:

Ethnic groups in this country have weaponised their resentments and have learnt to use it against this nation like a manipulative bitch. When a Southerner is at the helm of affairs, terrorists in the North will start throwing bombs, when a Northerner is in charge, Southerners will start bursting pipes or crying for their country. But the people, I mean ordinary Nigerian are foolish. They do not see the dialectical game being played on them by politicians because they think they have their OWN politicians. Shame on us all. We have our politicians, we fight for them, kill for them, bomb for them, when they fail us we cry for Biafra. Our politicians don't give a damn, a flying ferk about us! They don't OWN us. They love only themselves (remember Babangida's daughter's wedding in Minna?) Any shingbai they are out, to the UK, to USA, to Canada and we will roast ourselves like suya again. No oooo. I got my eyes on dem Sarakis, Abdullahis, Kyaris, Fayose, Lai, Ngige, Uba etc. They are our enemies. Death to all of them.

When I was growing up, I had similar ideas like those you espoused here.

Yeah, politicians are narcissistic and evil but they come from the ranks of the people and have to (at the very least) pretend to represent their interests. They're like politicians the world over. The only difference is that they can get away with a lot more because apart from when people are discussing Biafra ( mostly driven by fear/hatred of the other), no one honestly really gives 2 fvcks about Nigeria as a nation. If they did, NA soldiers won't be fleeing at the sight of ragtag BH fighters.

While I still believe in the inherent goodness in all humans (regardless of tongue or creed), you have to agree with me that the mental picture we have about our country is totally at variance with the "One Nigeria" people pretentiously mouth in public. In reality, we have Tivland, Igboland, Hausaland and so on. Just look at the amount of energy that is spent debating if Lagos is Yorubaland or not. Is PH Ikwerreland or Ijawland? That is the reality. 57 years later we still don't have Nigerians, we have Annang, Nupe, Igbirra etc. That's the reality. We can't bury our heads in the sand we need to face it. It's not like ethnicity say in the US, our ethnicities have clearly defined geographical boundaries.

What we (secessionists) are saying is that the actual countries should simply follow the mental pictures we all carry in our heads. If some of these nations want to come together they could do so on the basis of mutual respect and benefit.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Mujtahida: 12:48am On Jun 01, 2017
APCsupporter:
he was only being sarcastic. no be so?@mujtahida
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Dannidom(m): 12:49am On Jun 01, 2017
laudate:

Bros, there is no law that compels two sovereign nations to establish international diplomatic relations with one another. It takes two to tango. You cannot automatically assume that Nigeria will establish diplomatic relations with Biafra, if it becomes an independent country tomorrow... undecided

By the way, who would enforce these international laws that you made reference to? The United Nations? Do you know how many communiques, resolutions, meetings and committees would have to be created to compel one country to accede to the wishes of another?
Brother mi allow us to suffer is it your suffer?
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Dannidom(m): 12:52am On Jun 01, 2017
Rossikki:

Hahahaha....What terms of disengagement? So let's assume you declare Biafra, and take possession of the oilfields which provide 90% of FG revenue. The FG will not be sitting down with you to "discuss terms of disengagement". They wil be sitting down with their foreign partners discussing the best BOMBS and MISSILES to drop on you, to end your secessionist misadventure.

You seriously need to think straight, dude.
And we cant have our bombs thrown at you because you want us to be the only loosers right
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 01, 2017
laudate:

And what is the sanction for non-adherence to the Universal Bill of Rights? In every member state, where there have been breaches to the articles of the Universal Bill of Rights, did the UN roll out the tanks or enforce some kind of punishment upon them? Please get real!! sad Go back and read that Bill of Rights and tell me, if every country that is a signatory to it has not breached (or is not continually breaching) any of the provisions of that bill, as at today. The UN has not yet invoked sanctions against any of its member states, for breaches of that bill. So think again.
Listen, the bill of rights its not coming on a the negotiating table, when you try to take people's property by force, violence ensures, the violence this time will not be overlooked by the international community. And if you think ibos will watch you grab what they worked for without a fight you obviously have not heard of 'ibo landing' like I said, this is not 1967 this violence is what will bring the world's attention the Britons are probably wondering how they got it wrong by supporting the north, that won't be the case this time.

You see what's going on in Syria? International politics has evolved, each country will take sides To sell their arms, then it will be a shit show.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Mujtahida: 12:57am On Jun 01, 2017
Curlieweed:

When I was growing up, I had similar ideas like those you espoused here.

Yeah, politicians are narcissistic and evil but they come from the ranks of the people and have to (at the very least) pretend to represent their interests. They're like politicians the world over. The only difference is that they can get away with a lot more because apart from when people are discussing Biafra ( mostly driven by fear/hatred of the other), no one honestly really gives 2 fvcks about Nigeria as a nation. If they did, NA soldiers won't be fleeing at the sight of ragtag BH fighters.

While I still believe in the inherent goodness in all humans (regardless of tongue or creed), you have to agree with me that the mental picture we have about our country is totally at variance with the "One Nigeria" people pretentiously mouth in public. In reality, we have Tivland, Igboland, Hausaland and so on. Just look at the amount of energy that is spent debating if Lagos is Yorubaland or not. Is PH Ikwerreland or Ijawland? That is the reality. 57 years later we still don't have Nigerians, we have Annang, Nupe, Igbirra etc. That's the reality. We can't bury our heads in the sand we need to face it. It's not like ethnicity say in the US, our ethnicities have clearly defined geographical boundaries.

What we (secessionists) are saying is that the actual countries should simply follow the mental pictures we all carry in our heads. If some of these nations want to come together they could do so on the basis of mutual respect and benefit.
But our ethnicities do not have clearly defined boundaries. Igbo speaking(ethnicity) is different from igboland just as English speaking does not equate to the UK(linguistic native land of English) . That's where the issue of the igboid groups comes in.

But I agree with the rest of your points. We are in a tight bend. Bone done hook us for neck.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 01, 2017
plaetton:

Thoughtless post.

First of all, no one needs to move from wherever they live.
Any breakaway republic would automatically be recognized by the United Nations, African Union, and most importantly, ECOWAS.
As a member ECOWAS, every Biafran would enjoy the legitimate protection of the ECOWAS charter and treaties that guarantees the right to move freely, live freely and own property in any ECOWAS country, including Nigeria.

There will be no issue of abandoned property, movement restrictions or deportations.
Automatically? Nope. Please read up the number of countries that recognised Biafra as an independent nation the first time. Even in the modern world, Kosovo recently gained their independence but are not recognised by all.

6 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Curlieweed: 1:10am On Jun 01, 2017
Mujtahida:

But our ethnicities do not have clearly defined boundaries. Igbo speaking(ethnicity) is different from igboland just as English speaking does not equate to the UK(linguistic native land of English) . That's where the issue of the igboid groups comes in.

But I agree with the rest of your points. We are in a tight bend. Bone done hook us for neck.

I don't like getting into that argument about who is Igbo or not. Some charlatans have already captured that space. Linguistically, there are only two igboid languages, Igbo and Ekpeye. Apart from Ekpeye (spoken in Ahaoda area) all the other dialects are Igbo. That's a lengthier aside than I intended.

However, I don't think our situation in this country is as intractable as you may think. It's just the refusal to discuss with even the smallest groups with respect ( rather than the threats and intimidation we see on this thread) that's missing.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 1:19am On Jun 01, 2017
blueseacats:
Listen, the bill of rights its not coming on a the negotiating table, when you try to take people's property by force, violence ensures, the violence this time will not be overlooked by the international community. And if you think ibos will watch you grab what they worked for without a fight you obviously have not heard of 'ibo landing' like I said, this is not 1967 this violence is what will bring the world's attention the Britons are probably wondering how they got it wrong by supporting the north, that won't be the case this time.

You see what's going on in Syria? International politics has evolved, each country will take sides To sell their arms, then it will be a shit show.

Stop confusing yourself. undecided I asked you if the UN had applied sanctions on any country for violating the Universal Bill of Rights, in spite of the fact that its member states keep breaching its' provisions. Answer that question first, before digressing to the issue of Syria. sad

And what would the Igbos do if their property is seized by the Nigerian govt? You feel they will go up in arms, right? And you think the Nigerian authorities will fold their arms and look at them, without replying fire for fire? Let them think it through. They would just end up losing on every front. They have obviously not learnt anything from the events of 1967 - 1970. shocked What a pity....

9 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Mujtahida: 1:25am On Jun 01, 2017
Curlieweed:

I don't like getting into that argument about who is Igbo or not. Some charlatans have already captured that space. Linguistically, there are only two igboid languages, Igbo and Ekpeye. Apart from Ekpeye (spoken in Ahaoda area) all the other dialects are Igbo. That's a lengthier aside than I intended.

However, I don't think our situation in this country is as intractable as you may think. It's just the refusal to discuss with even the smallest groups with respect ( rather than the threats and intimidation we see on this thread) that's missing.
I am not well versed about the Ethnic configuration of the south East and south South beyond knowing of Igbos, Ijaw, Anang, Efik, Ogoja, Isoko, Ekwerre, etc but I generally like to be aware of all the Ethnic groups in this country. Cos it reflects my background growing up on the Airforce Base Makurdi.

Your last paragraph is how the ordinary man in the street with all his practical realism and common sense reasons but then we have politicians to complicate things.
"Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel, they go out and buy more tunnel" John Quinton.

I often say that in any place where you find the drums of war beating just know that politicians have finished their work.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Flatties: 1:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Qelvin:

Your Nigeria is a dead concept already, I can't wait to get the fu..ckk out of that cess pit with my people, I will be the first to arrive the shores of Nigeria to even help in the evacuation process to Biafra, lots of my buddies here in the United States share the same sentiments.

Loooool

That's why you voted trump...
Looool

The moment you step out of that country you won't regain access, not to talk of taking fellows back

10 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 1:33am On Jun 01, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Automatically? Nope. Please read up the number of countries that recognised Biafra as an independent nation the first time. Even in the modern world, Kosovo recently gained their independence but are not recognised by all.

Thank you, o jare. cheesy Let them continue building castles in the air, and living a pipe dream. Tomorrow, they will come and tell you they had an agreement with the UN, that it would use international law to defend them, any day they split from Nigeria. Can you imagine their skewed logic?

8 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Flatties: 1:42am On Jun 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

Dear Nematode,

Please focus on the objects and subjects of the thread.

Nigeria needs Biafra but Biafra does not need Nigeria, that is why y'all are crying for Biafra to stay.

Sincerely,

Billyonaire
Biafran-Nigerian as at Today. I can change my mind tomorrow.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 1:45am On Jun 01, 2017
deomelo:

East Timor is not Nigeria or Indonesia and it's even ridiculous to compare your own situation and environment with others several thousands miles away from you.

The problem with you people is always lack of critical thinking, you formulate your thoughts based on sentiments and emotions instead of well though out reasoning and strategies.

Ojukwu took millions of your people to war without weapons and clear cut ideas and strategies and millions perished because of that foolish and irresponsible act.

Another clown is asking you to risk everything and your and your people are not asking critical and crucial questions, you are not asking him for the necessary ground work and planning necessary to sustain a Nation.

Have you asked him what he's going to do or how to resettle millions of your returnees?

Have you asked him anything about customs, borders, military, law enforcement, judicial system, education and health policies, governing body and elections, tax and IGR policies and the constitution needed to govern you from day one or he's just going to make that up from thin air?

Do you people really think beating chest and abusing people on the internet and home video is all you need to run a country.

You are heading for another self destruction. I don't even know why you people are hard learners.

Great points. I've always found it strange that I've never seen or heard a discussion among Ipob people regarding the system of government their new country would operate, or its economic policies. Or its foreign policy. It's a disaster waiting to happen. These are things that should be ironed out years in advance of the actual separation. Instead, there seems to be this religious faith in the magical abilities of 'Professor' Nnamdi Kanu to miraculously materialise a fully functional nation they can all be proud of. If only it were that easy...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 1:56am On Jun 01, 2017
barragan:
I believe the reason @rossikki opened this thread is to point out the obvious flaws in the biafra quest, please guys don't let us in the process ridicule the whole Igbo nation.

For those of you IPOB enthusiast, know that your agitation will be putting millions of innocent people at risk. Although I know that in reality this biafran thing is just a phase that will soon pass as soon as an igbo man reaches the oval office but still enough with the bad blood guys there's no point to it.

You are a wise man.

9 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Curlieweed: 2:10am On Jun 01, 2017
Mujtahida:

I am not well versed about the Ethnic configuration of the south East and south South beyond knowing of Igbos, Ijaw, Anang, Efik, Ogoja, Isoko, Ekwerre, etc but I generally like to be aware of all the Ethnic groups in this country. Cos it reflects my background growing up on the Airforce Base Makurdi.

Your last paragraph is how the ordinary man in the street with all his practical realism and common sense reasons but then we have politicians to complicate things.
"Politicians are people who , when they see light at the end of the tunnel, they go out and buy more tunnel" John Quinton.

I often say that in any place where you find the drums of war beating just know that politicians have finished their work.

Hmmm Lol. You no like polithievcian at all.

I don't think they like war it's just a result of their narcissism and short sightedness.

It's always amusing when people say that the "North" needs the "South" for their oil. The question I ask is always, which "North". Less than 5% see any benefit from the oil but you keep hearing clowns claiming to represent the "North" threatening genocide and mayhem because of oil.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Jabioro: 2:15am On Jun 01, 2017
Those who had never seen anything, we surely wanted to see it I hoped when finally see it it does not consume them.. Those who are agitating for a new country calling the old and the present one their feeding from call it bluff without a cleared agenda must also be ready to have hiccup within her circles .Diplomatic war have her casualties not to talk of weaponized and economics ..Let us see how it goes, we about creating another big time history.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Mujtahida: 2:18am On Jun 01, 2017
Curlieweed:

Hmmm Lol. You no like polithievcian at all.

I don't think they like war it's just a result of their narcissism and short sightedness.

It's always amusing when people say that the "North" needs the "South" for their oil. The question I ask is always, which "North". Less than 5% see any benefit from the oil but you keep hearing clowns claiming to represent the "North" threatening genocide and mayhem because of oil.
I detest them. I always say politicians have never developed a single nation throughout history. Only leaders, visioneers and practical dreamers develop nations. I ask you what problem does Chukwuka have with Musa? Nothing. Wait let a politician whisper his poisonous word into their ears.

And they love wars. They create the situations that makes war possible.

Your last paragraph is how everybody must start to think. See the attached

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 01, 2017
I now understand what the Israelites in the bible experienced when Moses was seeking for them to leave Egypt.

They​ must have been mocked by the Egyptians, same way it's being done on this thread if not worse.

They must have​ been asked questions like "your tribe is too small, how will you fight off​ bigger tribes?" "You don't have a homeland, where will you go?" "How will you feed yourself as you pass through the wilderness?" "Your God is just setting you up to die in the wilderness".

Yet still Israel is a sovereign country presently. They survived the Holocaust. They have been fighting off enemies and counting victories.

To my Igbo brothers and sisters, have no fear. God is with us. He has brought us this far, and He is taking us further.

Gaining our sovereignty as a Country will be the first prove that God Almighty (Chukwu Okike) is with us.

Shalom.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 2:31am On Jun 01, 2017
blueseacats:
Quick question, why did Russians allow Ukrainians access to their property in Crimea?, why were Georgians given access to their property in South Ossetia. There are international laws that has guaranteed world peace since World War Two Nigeria is too small for United Nations, remember Bosnian war. Biafrans just needs to know which buttons to press. This is not 1967.

You don't understand how these things work. Nigeria can easily circumvent any international regulation by imposing administrative bottlenecks on their implementation. Failures can then be attributed to incompetence, corruption etc, while not directly opposing/contravening the regulation.

6 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ISpiksDaTroof: 2:40am On Jun 01, 2017
deedeedee1:

But the country was created by the British. Why cant you allow the igbos go? What exactly are you benefiting from them? Since stopping them 50 years ago, how has nigeria been since then? .

I doubt anyone is stopping you. What Nigeria seems to be saying is "Take the 5 core ibo states and nothing more". But you stubbornly want to encroach on their territories and sit right on their border. Have you ever looked at the proximity of Edo/Delta that you want so badly (even though you have little to no relationship to them) to Ondo and Lagos State?

You need to stop being foolishly greedy and trying to play everyone else for fools.

10 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 01, 2017
laudate:

Stop confusing yourself. undecided I asked you if the UN had applied sanctions on any country for violating the Universal Bill of Rights, in spite of the fact that its member states keep breaching its' provisions. Answer that question first, before digressing to the issue of Syria. sad

And what would the Igbos do if their property is seized by the Nigerian govt? You feel they will go up in arms, right? And you think the Nigerian authorities will fold their arms and look at them, without replying fire for fire? Let them think it through. They would just end up losing on every front. They have obviously not learnt anything from the events of 1967 - 1970. shocked What a pity.... No country have violated humans rights in terms of seizing individual properties of a particular tribe, I might be wrong and I stand corrected. Crimea is now part of Russia, yet Ukrainians have access to their properties situated in Russia, even Georgians also have access to their properties in South Ossetia ,when there is no precedent in law court you take a clue from recent examples. Hope you understand that human right is subset of universal bill of rights, yes it takes United Nations or world powers time to act in cases of human right abuses. But you will bite more than you can chew when does abuses leads to massive loss of lives which will be the case here since you are dealing with a set of people who value their freedom no matter what it cost.

Reminding ibos that biafran war was tough does not really dissuade them from pursing freedom, if you think it does then you hardly know what those guys stand for.

To them freedom is not about living in penury, suffering and smiling, waiting for another tribe to start your agitation, or existing for the sake of it . Freedom to ibos means FREEDOM with no conditions and if they have to be free in their graves they will be happy doing that.

Long story short, they do not like slave masters, some ethnic groups in Nigeria might have another lord over them, but ibos will prefer to die than have a real king boss them around. Not that they really care about the properties, just that they can't go without a fight that's the ibo spirit.

Let me also remind you that we are in a global village now. Blockading people from getting food and arms while you get the best of the hardware in the world for free will never happen again. So don't count on that. I don't think there will be another's violence, but if it comes it will amaze you how the world have changed. The propaganda war will be like nothing you have ever seen before.

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 2:45am On Jun 01, 2017
I now understand what the Israelites in the bible experienced when Moses was seeking for them to leave Egypt.

They​ must have been mocked by the Egyptians, same way it's being done on this thread if not worse.

They must have​ been asked questions like "your tribe is too small, how will you fight off​ bigger tribes?" "You don't have a homeland, where will you go?" "How will you feed yourself as you pass through the wilderness?" "Your God is just setting you up to die in the wilderness".

Yet still Israel is a sovereign country presently. They survived the Holocaust. They have been fighting off enemies and counting victories.

To my Igbo brothers and sisters, have no fear. God is with us. He has brought us this far, and He is taking us further.

Gaining our sovereignty as a Country will be the first prove that God Almighty (Chukwu Okike) is with us.

Shalom.

The same God was around when you lost 2 or 3 million people in the civil war due to your lack of planning. If you fail to plan or use your heads again this time, the same God will watch as you are dealt with.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Voldamos: 2:58am On Jun 01, 2017
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 01, 2017
Rossikki:

You don't understand how these things work. Nigeria can easily circumvent any international regulation by imposing administrative bottlenecks on their implementation. Failures can then be attributed to incompetence, corruption etc, while not directly opposing/contravening the regulation.
I understand exactly how it will be done, you and I have been living in this dysfunctional country for ages so we know how they will make it happen. I have a delta friend who lives in Alaska, the government pays him oil dividend regularly, yet he only became a USA citizen just 3 years ago.

The same guy has not collected a dime from Nigerian government for the oil that is all over his motherland. Yet 70% of the oil wells are controlled by the north. Only a coward won't see something wrong in this scenario and the only tribe that is fighting this injustice is being labeled by all of you as trouble makers? Only cowards accept peace devoid of justice.

Well people can't choose to dump their genetic make up as they are born with it. I hate that ibo man is fighting everyone's battle. But remember this is a tribe that will do anything for freedom even if they have to die a million times. For an ibo man freedom is freedom dead or alive . AsK those who witnessed ibo landing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo_Landing

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by defashan: 3:14am On Jun 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

OP, Let me correct one impression. Biafra is not an Igbo thing, Biafra is beyond the Igbo construct which has been polluting the cyber-space. I am not Igbo, yet my father lost everything to that war. To me, Biafra is cry against marginalization, a cry against the inhumanity of man against fellow humans. Biafran represents something more than a country. It is a courage to say, 'No' to slavery.

The Answer to your question is NO. Nigeria can not deport Biafrans after secession, this is not 1970s. Biafrans resident in Nigeria and Nigerians residents in Biafra will be offered provisional citizenships with first right of refusal. Sane countries know the value of human resources. If Biafrans are to withdraw 100% from Nigeria. There will be chaos.

* Based on International Law on Migration of the ECOWAS 16-member countries, they will be required to get a Biafran Passport and Resident Permit in Nigeria. And the Nigerians living in Biafra will be required to do the same. Both Nigerians and Biafrans will be given at least 5 years to work out the terms of migration. Travels within the ECOWAS 16-member countries has been VISA-free and will remain so. What is required is resident permit.

* Based on International Migration laws, which I believe same will apply to Nigeria-Biafra relationship, if you own a Landed Property within the country, you are automatically qualified and have fight right of refusal on Nigerian Citizenship. I know many Biafrans will like to move away from Nigeria, and I am one of them, but will lease/rent out my houses in Nigeria and be paying tax to the Nigeria government while I go back to build Biafra. I will not hesitate to go back and help build Biafra to one of the best countries in the world.

* I will keep the last point to myself.

I thought you were antibiafra and anti Igbo. How are you going to coexist with people you didn't like. I've read some comments here on nairaland where you were trading insults with Igbos.

Just out of curiosity, where are you from? Which state? Which tribe? What language do you speak?

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 3:29am On Jun 01, 2017
blueseacats:
I have a delta friend who lives in Alaska, the government pays him oil dividend regularly, yet he only became a USA citizen just 3 years ago.

The same guy has not collected a dime from Nigerian government for the oil that is all over his motherland. Yet 70% of the oil wells are controlled by the north. .

Only a IPOB man would say 70% of the oil are owned by the North. AGIP, Oando, Shell, Chevron e.t.c are owned by northerners abi.

Chief Dan. Etiebet (a Niger-Deltan, my brother) allocated the most lucrative and flourishing oil well to himself - and sold it for pennies on the dollar. undecided

You need to present facts. List the total nos of oil wells in Nigeria and it's respective owners or partners.

This is how to prove the North owns 70% of the wells in Nigeria. Do you know what 70% is. That is 7 out of 10 wells.

My God ...

11 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by LarryBeryl(m): 3:33am On Jun 01, 2017
Billyonaire:

Are you from Akwa Ibom or Rivers State ?

If you are not from these places then please do not commit fallacy of hasty generation. I am telling you facts, and you say 'the people from these places are'. Go back to your history and read about these people you mentioned. They are warriors. They kill with matchet, yes. I have been to the places you mentioned and I can guarantee you daily that I receive calls asking how Lagos feels about the agitation and I echo my undiluted advise that if we can get to agree of Regionalism that we can kill 2 birds with a Stone. So, Yes, I know these places and I mentioned the towns to you. I have pals from all over these places but I happen to be doing business with lots of these people because I had vested interests in the crude oil deals in my earlier years. I will not allow sentiments to becloud my reasoning. I am all in support of Regionalism and if it fails, we will do the Biafra thing.

The National Grid (Transmission) still belongs to the Feds. In fact, the grid is not a problem to us. I have 14 Oil wells in my LGA alone, and I infact, covered one of the wells in my backyard and chased the Shell workers away while I was in the University those days. If you come to my house now, I will give you crude oil, I take it where ever I go, as a symbol and to show that I come from Oil. So please my good friend, I am not here talking about Biafra as a spectator.

My Father lost everything to Biafra War, so to me, it is in my DNA, but I prefer Regionalism because I love my Yoruba friends a lot and I will like us to jaw-jaw instead of War-war.

Do me a favor and prepare to move into Biafra with me. There is nothing to enjoy in Nigeria, absolutely nothing to miss too.

This is only reasonable Biafran I have ever encountered online. First he seek plausible solution to Nigeria madness which is regionalism, a panacea to a well structured and accountable Nigeria but if it fails due to his experiences and antecedents on mal-governed nation and war, he seek to blind away from the nation that bestow sorrow to his heart than comfort. Bro, I reason with you BUT

Do you think the genuine mind approach you render to this cause is what the main planners have for you?
What other measures will you take if you come to find out about any shady activity contradicting your original intention?

I'm yoruba and I see you are making plans for betterment of
your people, but what if this lead to near-extinction of the people you want to help. I'm not totally against your cause.....but I prefer a unified Nigeria

I'll prefer the great young idealist of this nation should chase away the vultures eating away our future than sharing them between states.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 01, 2017
TheCabal:

Only a IPOB man would say 70% of the oil are owned by the North. AGIP, Oando, Shell, Chevron e.t.c are owned by northerners abi.

Chief Dan. Etiebet (a Niger-Deltan, my brother) allocated the most lucrative and flourishing oil well to himself - and sold it for pennies on the dollar. undecided

You need to present facts. List the total nos of oil wells in Nigeria and it's respective owners or partners.

This is how to prove the North owns 70% of the wells in Nigeria. Do you know what 70% is. That is 7 out of 10 wells.

My God ...
I would have taken you seriously, but when I you mentioned all these multinational oil companies I realized you know not what you are talking about. In Nigeria individuals own about 50% of those oil wells then turn around and sell or lease them to multinationals. I know because thats my industry though I don't work in your county. 70 of that 50% are northern owned, when you ask for facts about what's going on in Nigeria I wonder where you expect that to come from when the country don't even know how much they make in revenues.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 3:50am On Jun 01, 2017
blueseacats:
I would have taken you seriously, but when I you mentioned all these multinational oil companies I realized you know not what you are talking about. In Nigeria individuals own about 50% of those oil wells then turn around and sell or lease them to multinationals. I know because thats my industry though I don't work in your county. 70 of that 50% are northern owned, when you ask for facts about what's going on in Nigeria I wonder where you expect that to come from when the country don't even know how much they make in revenues.

Produce the list.. stop yaping like a new wife.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Poses With Kelechi Iheanacho & His 'Squad' In Imo Govt House.PIC / Soldier Fighting Boko Haram Preaches While Strapped With His Riffle. / Osinbajo: Nigerian Jollof Rice Is The Best, Better Than Senegal & Ghana (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.