Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (36304 Views)

Supreme Court: Celebration In Imo As Uzodinma Is Declared Winner / IF BIAFRA REFERENDUM IS ACCEPT TO HOLD TODAY I'LL GO TO COURT & STOP IT! / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared?? PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by jpphilips(m): 2:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Qelvin:

Mo.ron you think this is 1967? You idiots think its as simple as defeating 5 Igbo states? Do you know the population of Igbos now compared to the 67? Do you know there are millions of Igbos all over the world whom have one military experience or another? just here in the US Army I personally have unclassified info on the data that validates the preponderance of Igbos in the marines and delta force alone...not regular US army, I mean special forces...tell me how exactly Nigeria will defeat Igbos this time?...oh let me guess, you'll declare war again and roll out the obsolete tanks and planes to invade the East, mobilize all the dirty Hausa and yoruba soldiers again to fight Igbos and leave your rear and flanks open for hibernating Boko haram mad men to gladly resume activities on a hapless Nigerian population, or expect UK and Russia to launch operation open arms market to you bas.tards again? what if we reach to other foreign powers like Isreal and the USA(who more than want the disintegration of Nigeria than you can imagine) that might most likely be sympathetic to Biafra this time? You think just spitting war from your unwashed buccal cavity appears easier than you think? wake up buddy.. This is 2017 and not fu.ccking 1967 when we were all infants in the game, jungle don mature now.

holy moses! who is this goat?

12 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by jpphilips(m): 2:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
kingzizzy:

What has Shengen got to do with this? Shengen does not affect EU citizens. When Britain left the EU, the immigration status of the 3 million EU citizens living in Britain became in doubt. When Igbos get Biafra, the immigration status of millions of Igbos living in Nigeria will become in doubt. What about these two similar scenarios dont you have the brains to understand?

This wasted spermatozoa has no idea that Schengen is an EU migration policy? what am i doing responding to a r@tard who hasn't written WAEC, get the fvck off my mention before you infect me with your exponential stvpidity.

12 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by jpphilips(m): 2:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

He made certain assumptions which might or might not translate into reality particularly when he mentioned Arewa, Oodua and Niger Delta Republics but on the whole his thesis is correct. There are no obstacles that man cannot overcome.-all challenges are a matter of time. The greatest resource on earth is not the soil, not gold, silver, crude oil, the sea or whatever. Man himself is THE RESOURCE.

IF Biafra(assuming it comes to fruition) sets her mind to it, bends the will of her people, draws deep from the untapped pool of the collective unconscious of her people and applies them in the direction of her national objectives then believe me in time she will overcome these challenges one by one.

What does a people need to prosper? Many things but I summarise them under three heads: wise LEADERSHIP, GRANDIOSE DREAM and DIRECTION. These three elements do not have anything to do with natural resources but with the people themselves. With these three elements even a barren desert becomes a paradise and a dump heap, a garden.

Nigeria today has no leadership, no dreamers and no direction. We are ruled by men who are mental midgets. We have grand fraudsters called politicians, a national culture that is spiritless and devoid of dreams and robs people of their dreams and the country is without direction.

Biafra MUST come!, make no mistake about that. Yes. It must either unite this country (through a restructured Nigeria with units fully in control of their resources) or scatter it to the winds. The choice is ours. This is the age of Aquarius!

I want Nigeria restructured with maximum premium given to economic realities rather than political exigencies so that the great potential of this behemoth that has been tied down for so long would be unleashed with urgency, with power and grandeur.

This is the age of Aquarius!

Did you really respond to someone who thinks that An 225 will facilitate his cargo imports forgetting that the plane is just a piece in the world, there are so many blockheads on this forum seriously!!

8 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by jpphilips(m): 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Paretomaster:

The kind of empty chestbeating ur forefathers make, and up till now they licking their wounds.

Just listen to urself " IF NIGERIA DOESNT COOPERATE " you ppl are even dumber than I though.

Don't mind them, "if Nigeria doesn't cooperate" the motor parts dealer thought that sovereignty is synonymous with roger. That is what happens when you create a general forum where goat brain equivalents rub shoulders with human beings.

10 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Mujtahida: 2:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
jpphilips:

Did you really respond to someone who thinks that An 225 will facilitate his cargo imports forgetting that the plane is just a piece in the world, there are so many blockheads on this forum seriously!!
Did you not read where I wrote that he made certain assumptions which I do not agree with? The central theme of his writing is that Biafra would have problems but those problems can be surmounted

And with that I agree entirely with emphasis on IF.
Omo chill, Mr Einstein.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by jpphilips(m): 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
Billyonaire:

We must learn to divorce our emotions from our focused idealism. In Biafra, we will send a strong message to corruption. Corruption will be punishable by Death or Life Imprisonment. If we must get it right, then we have to adopt a communist approach to corruption because we will learn from the fall of Nigeria. We will maintain trading partnership with all our allies including Nigeria.

BUT

I will canvass for Regionalism first. If Regionalism fails, we will MAKE SURE we plan a referendum. My timetable for this is simple. If the SW are so in love with Biafrans that they are pained by our threats of secession, then we must all agree that 2019, there should be no election but RESTRUCTURING. If we all agree on this, then we have a deal. If not, I am sorry to tell you that there is no plan to change the mess we call democracy.

Dr Chinwoke Mbadinuju odera, Chimaroke Nnamani, Rochas okorocha etc are from Sudan I guess?

4 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by jpphilips(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
Billyonaire:

We might trade insult but we have a common enemy, so we must unite to fight the common enemy. That enemy is the corrupt Nigerian System which has given rise to the Secession agitation in the first place. Buhari made it clear and follow up with the facts that the North owns Nigeria and the SW plays along with them. And though we lay the golden egg we eat the crumbs. That is an insult to the great people of Biafra/Niger Delta.

<<>><>><<>>WE WILL NOT TAKE IT ANY LONGER>><<>><<>><<

Billy the f00l, in 2015 you were washing GEJ's boxers you never knew anything was wrong with nigeria not even corruption, 2017 you want biafra, hopeless m0f0!! go and load motor at Ebute meta.

11 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by deomelo: 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
jpphilips:

What is Biafra's plan for electricity generation? if they have any, why are all the 5 south east states not have 24hrs supply?
Corruption is equally king in the South east go figure!!

By taking over power plants in Rivers and Akwa Ibom states according to billygoat.

Their biafra rubbish is all based on assumptions, warped and illogical dreams.

7 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by deomelo: 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2017
kingzizzy:

Sorry bro but most Igbos dont share your sentiments. The war was forced on Ojukwu. It was far more incumbent on Gowon as head of state to prevent war than for Ojukwu.

Ojukwu was faced with two options. Bow down and accept Nothern domination like Awolowo and Yorubas did or rise up and fight for your sovereignty and freedom. Now which option did you expect an Igbo man like Ojukwu to choose?

No entity can force war on you, it's up to you to fight or be strategic by accessing your options, pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages and your odds. Why not wait till you are well prepared, well supplied and strong to boldly confront your enemy?

Going to war to war without tools to fight with, no food for your people to eat, no medicine to treat the injured with, no moral and material support by friends outside your borders is pure stupidity, recklessness, idiocy, foolishness and mental incompetence.

The new clown don't even have 1 AK 47 or 1 single truck load of food to sustain any friction or event.

Going to war based on sentiments and emotions is nothing but death wish.

6 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Arda1000(m): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
tinsel:

This is not senseless post. I am an Igbo man, and when I lie down and think of massive Igbo investments all over Nigeria and what will happen, I am gripped with fear. When I lie down and and think of massive exodus of Igbo's from Nigeria to biafra states I am gripped with fear.
During Abiola episode, I slept on road for two full days travelling from Lagos to Onitsha because of the exodus of the Igbos.
People doing this are children not beyond 20 years and people that has nothing to lose. They never owned anything in there whole life.
please we need to take it easy.
real men will rather die for freedom than live like a coward

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
jpphilips:

70% of Nigeria's oil blocks are owned by Northerners so says an illiterate on Aduro exile in Alaska, I don't blame you shaa, I blame the gene of stvpidity you inherited from your makers. Do you know where oil blocks are located in Nigeria to be throwing around your !mbecilic figures.
Alaska with a population of 700k produces about 2m bbls daily from 1988 figures yet you are comparing it with Nigeria with 180m population and 2m bbls daily. Can't you see that you need to be shot for making a statement not worthy of a brain owner. please return your brain wherever you borrowed it from.
You want me to call you illiterate? I won't cause there are so many educated fools loitering Nigeria with no direction because of northern leadership. You want me to insult your tribe? No I won't cause some of my best friends are actually Yorubas, and the bravest man in my opinion is Yoruba, (fajuyi) not forgetting that the first man to call Nigeria a zoo is fela.

Whatever your problem is, is genetic and unique to your family and am guessing its laziness, and cowardice, you can't wait for ibos to exit so you take there property. Get a job boy cause there is this slight possibility that you might be woefully wrong, then your old age will be worse than now.

Ibos are investing in your land because everything in life is a risk, now that's bravery,threatening them with the possibility forfeiting them is a sign of weakness. All Yorubas don't share your views go back to your cave.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
Personally, I do not believe that the Nigerian Governmebt will embark on some mass deportation exercise of Igbos when Biafra comes. I say this for the following reasons.

1) Biafra is most likely to be multi-ethnic:- Contrary to what some people may think Biafra may not be comprised of just Igbos. It is most likely to be multi-ethnic which means that any sort of deportation will have to take that into consideration.

2) The laws of Nigeria is that anyone born in Nigeria automatically becomes a Nigerian citizen regardless of where their parents come from. I know many Igbos who were born outside Igbo land in places like Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna etc. These Igbos cannot be deported because they are entitled to both Nigerian citizenship and dual citizenship.

3) Although Nigeria can insisit that all Igbos return to Biafra, doing so will damage Nigeria internationally

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 3:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
deomelo:

No entity can force war on you, it's up to you to fight or be strategic by accessing your options, pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages and your odds. Why not wait till you are well prepared, well supplied and strong to boldly confront your enemy?

Going to war to war without tools to fight with, no food for your people to eat, no medicine to treat the injured with, no moral and material support by friends outside your borders is pure stupidity, recklessness, idiocy, foolishness and mental incompetence.

The new clown don't even have 1 AK 47 or 1 single truck load of food to sustain any friction or event.

Going to war based on sentiments and emotions is nothing but death wish.

You should go and learn Nigerian history before saying these things.

The important thing here is that Ojukwu and Gowon had an agreement called the Aburi agreement. Gowon broke this agreement and Ojukwu declared Biafra. Gowon then declared war and sent troops to the East.

Is it while Nigerian troop are coming down to the East that Ojukwu waiting for 'perfect time' to fight? Ojukwu simply had to give it all he had and that is what he did for three years. Ojukwu never went to war, Nigeria brought war to Ojukwu.

Now the person you are talking about that has no AK47, why does he need one? The same person is saying he wants peaceful referendum, you Nigerians have already started shouting war. It is you Nigerians that love bringing war into everything same as you people did with Ojukwu. How do you think that if we fight again, we will ever come together as 'one Nigeria'? Not possible. So what is the point of fighting over something other countries use referendum to settle? Even Britain gave Scotland referendum in 2014 and later used referendum to leave the EU last year. So what is all this fighting about?

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Mujtahida: 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
kingzizzy:
Personally, I do not believe that the Nigerian Governmebt will embark on some mass deportation exercise of Igbos when Biafra comes. I say this for the following reasons.

1) Biafra is most likely to be multi-ethnic:- Contrary to what some people may think Biafra may not be comprised of just Igbos. It is most likely to be multi-ethnic which means that any sort of deportation will have to take that into consideration.

2) The laws of Nigeria is that anyone born in Nigeria automatically becomes a Nigerian citizen regardless of where their parents come from. I know many Igbos who were born outside Igbo land in places like Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna etc. These Igbos cannot be deported because they are entitled to both Nigerian citizenship and dual citizenship.

3) Although Nigeria can insisit that all Igbos return to Biafra, doing so will damage Nigeria internationally
Your intransigence and naivety is not just pathetic but laughable. Continue in your delusions.

5 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by freshest4live: 6:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
Lol see what some Biafrans did in the Nigeria vs Togo game.
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DI74YJOf88js&ved=0ahUKEwiek5761Z_UAhWLKsAKHYt1DLAQtwIILjAG&usg=AFQjCNFc9skF_tybegRhxyYAxqg3Zte-kw
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
blueseacats:
I would have taken you seriously, but when I you mentioned all these multinational oil companies I realized you know not what you are talking about. In Nigeria individuals own about 50% of those oil wells then turn around and sell or lease them to multinationals. I know because thats my industry though I don't work in your county. 70 of that 50% are northern owned, when you ask for facts about what's going on in Nigeria I wonder where you expect that to come from when the country don't even know how much they make in revenues.

Point of correction. Nigerians only own less than half of the existing marginal oil fields. sad More than half of the oil blocks owned by Nigerians, are not even in production. The bulk of oil exploration and production (especially in deepwater) is controlled by the multinationals. Kindly crosscheck your facts.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by jude90(m): 6:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
REMINDER of what happened when......

A Yoruba friend asked me: Under what conditions would you support "One Nigeria" and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down and finally laid to rest for good?
Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria.
7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .
8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years , we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month...
Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc., etc.
The Yoruba friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness and I said...
Really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
kingzizzy:
Sorry bro but most Igbos dont share your sentiments. The war was forced on Ojukwu. It was far more incumbent on Gowon as head of state to prevent war than for Ojukwu.

Ojukwu was faced with two options. Bow down and accept Nothern domination like Awolowo and Yorubas did or rise up and fight for your sovereignty and freedom. Now which option did you expect an Igbo man like Ojukwu to choose?

Eewo!! Wetin I dey see here? shocked Who fed you this recycled piece of propaganda? "The war was forced on Ojukwu. It was far more incumbent on Gowon as head of state to prevent war than for Ojukwu...."

Was it not the same Ojukwu that African leaders including former President Habib Bourguiba of Tunisia appealed to, to desist from war at the OAU Summit meeting in Algiers in the sixties? Was it not the same Ojukwu who was so hell-bent on going to war, that he lost the support of Zik? Was it not the same Ojukwu that Awolowo begged to give him notice and review his stand on secession, because the South-west was occupied by Northern soldiers? Was it not the same Ojukwu that Soyinka attempted to broker peace with, in order to stave off the war, only for Soyinka to be thrown in prison on arrival in the West? sad

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 6:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
sad lipsrsealed sad shocked
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
jpphilips:
This wasted spermatozoa has no idea that Schengen is an EU migration policy? what am i doing responding to a r@tard who hasn't written WAEC, get the fvck off my mention before you infect me with your exponential stvpidity.

Bros, you have made some valid points, but please kindly let us keep things civil. undecided The purpose of this thread is to give the pro-Biafra advocates some food for thought, and make them undergo a process of introspection. Anger and harsh words may derail that objective. Daalu zi! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by deomelo: 7:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
[s]
kingzizzy:

You should go and learn Nigerian history before saying these things.

The important thing here is that Ojukwu and Gowon had an agreement called the Aburi agreement. Gowon broke this agreement and Ojukwu declared Biafra. Gowon then declared war and sent troops to the East.

Is it while Nigerian troop are coming down to the East that Ojukwu waiting for 'perfect time' to fight? Ojukwu simply had to give it all he had and that is what he did for three years. Ojukwu never went to war, Nigeria brought war to Ojukwu.

Now the person you are talking about that has no AK47, why does he need one? The same person is saying he wants peaceful referendum, you Nigerians have already started shouting war. It is you Nigerians that love bringing war into everything same as you people did with Ojukwu. How do you think that if we fight again, we will ever come together as 'one Nigeria'? Not possible. So what is the point of fighting over something other countries use referendum to settle? Even Britain gave Scotland referendum in 2014 and later used referendum to leave the EU last year. So what is all this fighting about?
[/s]

The only history available and also the one you and your kind failed to and won't learn is the one that says ojukwu foolishly led you to a foolish and reckless war that killed millions of your people while at the end of the day, he cowardly ran off the battlefield for you to die and rot.

The same clown came back to Nigeria after begging the same Nigeria he fought for his pension, rank and more good life at your expense.

That's the only history available for you jokers to learn and comprehend and that's even if you are capable sef.

The new joker is even worse because he's ignorant, crude, crass and unintelligent, even all his followers are equally shallow, crude and unintelligent just like him.

7 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by deomelo: 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2017
jude90:
REMINDER of what happened when......

A Yoruba friend asked me: Under what conditions would you support "One Nigeria" and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down and finally laid to rest for good?
Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and Open up PH, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and PH to international flights direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, PH and Calabar.
4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, PH and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to PH, Calabar and Enugu.
6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to PH, as the oil capital of Nigeria.
7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .
8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by one local companies and the one in the SE/SS should be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years , we can try one Nigeria and let see if you the North and SW will like it for a month...
Meaning, Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas shall travel to PH, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc., etc.
The Yoruba friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness and I said...
Really? Don’t you think South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50

Na delusions go kill you people. Even a day old baby get beta sense than you people.

4 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
laudate:

Eewo!! Wetin I dey see here? shocked Who fed you this recycled piece of propaganda? "The war was forced on Ojukwu. It was far more incumbent on Gowon as head of state to prevent war than for Ojukwu...."

Was it not the same Ojukwu that African leaders including former President Bourguiba of Tunisia appealed to, to desist from war at the OAU Summit meeting in Algiers in the sixties? Was it not the same Ojukwu who was so hell-bent on going to war, that he lost the support of Zik? Was it not the same Ojukwu that Awo begged to give him notice and review his stand on secession, because the South-west was occupied with Northern soldiers? Was it not the same Ojukwu that Soyinka attempted to broker peace with, in order to stave off the war, only for Soyinka to be thrown in prison on arrival in the West? sad What was the name of the person who forced the war on Ojukwu??! shocked

You need to brush up on your Nigerian history. All the things you said in the above happend after the war already started except that of Awolowo who visited Ojukwu before Ojukwu declared Biafra. In that visit, Awolowo publicly said that if Igbo leave Nigeria, Yorubas would do the same. When Ojukwu seceded, insread of Awolowo to rally the Yoruba nation and fighting for their sovereignty, Awolowo as the typical 2 faced Nigerian politician he was accepted political position and started saluting Gowon who was young enough to be his son.

Ojukwu did everything he could to avoid war. He went to Ghana and signed the Aburi agreement so that there would be peace, Gowon broke the agreement. Ojukwu offered Gowon referendum so that there would no war, Gowon said it must be 'one Nigeria'. Gowon then declared war and invaded Biafra. Ojukwu never went to war, war came Ojukwu. All Ojukwu did was fight to defend his people.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by deomelo: 7:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
kingzizzy:

You need to brush up on your Nigerian history. All the things you said in the above happend after the war already started except that of Awolowo who visited Ojukwu before Ojukwu declared Biafra. In that visit, Awolowo publicly said that if Igbo leave Nigeria, Yorubas would do the same. When Ojukwu seceded, insread of Awolowo to rally the Yoruba nation and fighting for their sovereignty, Awolowo as the typical 2 faced Nigerian politician he was accepted political position and started saluting Gowon who was young enough to be his son.

Ojukwu did everything he could to avoid war. He went to Ghana and signed the Aburi agreement so that there would be peace, Gowon broke the agreement. Ojukwu offered Gowon referendum so that there would no war, Gowon said it must be 'one Nigeria'. Gowon then declared war and invaded Biafra. Ojukwu never went to war, war came Ojukwu. All Ojukwu did was fight to defend his people.

Stop repeating the same rubbish. Regardless when the war started, the only way to avoid war is not to go to war in the first place especially against a stronger, larger and better equipped enemy.

It was foolish, dumb and idiotic to go to war without planning, without weapons to fight with, without food, without medicine and lack of safety and security for your people.

You forgot too soon all about your history and the sad consequences of the war ojuwku fought on your behalf?

5 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
kingzizzy:

And you need to let go of your propaganda. sad Unfortunately, this thread's objective is NOT the civil war, so I do not want to derail it. What Awolowo said was that "if the Igbo were allowed to secede or were pushed out, the Yorubas would be left with no option but to follow suit." The question is: were the Igbo allowed to secede or were they pushed out? NO. angry In fact, Gowon initiated a police action to compel Ojukwu to drop his secession plans and remain within Nigeria. undecided Awolowo also begged this same Ojukwu to give him notice and rescind his stand on secession, because the South-west was still occupied by Northern soldiers.

As for the Aburi accord, a decree was enacted which would have given Ojukwu 80% of his demands that were made at Aburi. He rejected it because he was hell-bent on going to war. A wise man would have accepted that offer, and gone back to the negotiating table to ask for more. Just like Israel did, under Ben Gurion. undecided

Ojukwu instigated the war by declaring secession. sadEven after it started, he was given options from several quarters to put an end to it. He refused. Only to turn round and abandon his people on the battlefield.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

The only history available and also the one you and your kind failed to and won't learn is the one that says ojukwu foolishly led you to a foolish and reckless war that killed millions of your people while at the end of the day, he cowardly ran off the battlefield for you to die and rot.

The same clown came back to Nigeria after begging the same Nigeria he fought for his pension, rank and more good life at your expense.

That's the only history available for you jokers to learn and comprehend and that's even if you are capable sef.

The new joker is even worse because he's ignorant, crude, crass and unintelligent, even all his followers are equally shallow, crude and unintelligent just like him.

Well if you call fighting for our freedom and sovereignty stupid them Im truly sorry for you. Not all of us are prepared to accept slavery without a fight. We are a people who cherish our freedom and we are prepared too lose millions to get that freedom. How do you think the peace, properity and freedom in Europe was achieved? It was got at the cost of over 50 million lives in the second world war. If people like you had been in charge then, by now, all of Europe would have been under German control due to the slave mentality you have imbibed.

Im proud of my people for fighting their freedom against impossible odds and holding firm for 3 years. Things may not gave worked out but no shame in fighting for ones rights.

But after Nigerias victory, what has happend? Nigeria is still as divided as the day Ojukwu declared Biafra. The country is still as messed as ever, nothing is moving. Other countries have raced ahead. So what did the so called unity you people were fighting for achieve? You people are still begging the Northern oligarchy for restructuring and control of your own resources.

The joke is not on Ojukwu, the joke is on you Nigerians who think Lord Lugard can give you your country.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
kingzizzy:

Has it occurred to you that government can always amend or even repeal any of its own laws, at any time for any purpose? shocked Continue deceiving yourself that the Igbo cannot be deported, because they are entitled to both Nigerian citizenship and dual citizenship. Is it not the Nigerian govt that grants Nigerian citizenship till date? You think they cannot change the laws concerning this aspect? All it takes to change that, is a stroke of the President's pen!!

Afterall, Fashola deported some people from Lagos at one time, and most of your kinsmen cried. Can you see why we keep telling you that assumption is the mother of all errors? sad

4 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by deomelo: 7:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
kingzizzy:

Well if you call fighting for our freedom and sovereignty stupid them Im truly sorry for you. Not all of us are prepared to accept slavery without a fight. We are a people who cherish our freedom and we are prepared too lose millions to get that freedom. How do you think the peace, properity and freedom in Europe was achieved? It was got at the cost of over 50 million lives in the second world war. If people like you had been in charge then, by now, all of Europe would have been under German control due to the slave mentality you have imbibed.

Im proud of my people for fighting their freedom against impossible odds and holding firm for 3 years. Things may not gave worked out but no shame in fighting for ones rights.

But after Nigerias victory, what has happend? Nigeria is still as divided as the day Ojukwu declared Biafra. The country is still as messed as ever, nothing is moving. Other countries have raced ahead. So what did the so called unity you people were fighting for achieve? You people are still begging the Northern oligarchy for restructuring and control of your own resources.

The joke is not on Ojukwu, the joke is on you Nigerians who think Lord Lugard can give you your country.

There's a clear difference between fighting for your freedom and suicide .

I hope you and your people know the difference.

4 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by honeychild(f): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
EzeUche:
If Igbos are deported from Nigeria. So be it. No one said forming your own country will be easy. But remember my Igbo brothers and sisters and other parts of Nigeria,[/b] those of us who live in civilized nations like the US, Canada, Germany and the U.K. will provide assistance anyway we can.[b]

Na so. I remember some time in 2015. A guy from Malaysia called radio biafra and promised a million naira to the family of someone who died in a protest.

Come and see my hungry IPOB boy looking for aboki to kill so his name will come out on radio biafra. How many of those who died have their family been taken care of as Director promised? Have you guys not spent the last two years using your entire funds for his legal fees?

One man can cook and the whole village will eat from it. If the whole village cooks, one man can not finish it. It's an igbo proverb.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
laudate:

And you need to let go of your propaganda. sad Unfortunately, this thread's objective is NOT the civil war, so I do not want to derail it. What Awolowo said was that "if the Igbo were allowed to secede or were pushed out, the Yorubas would be left with no option but to follow suit." The question is: were the Igbo allowed to secede or were they pushed out? NO. angry In fact, Gowon initiated a police action to compel Ojukwu to drop his secession plans and remain within Nigeria. undecided

As for the Aburi accord, a decree was enacted which would have given Ojukwu 80% of his demands that were made at Aburi. He rejected it because he was hell-bent on going to war. A wise man would have accepted that offer, and gone back to the negotiating table to ask for more. Just like Israel did, under Ben Gurion. undecided

Ojukwu instigated the war by declaring secession. sadEven after it started, he was given options from several quarters to put an end to it. He refused. Only to turn round and abandon his people on the battlefield.

What does it take to push the Igbos out? The 50, 000 of them that were slaughtered? The Aburi agreement that was broken? An agreement is an agreement. You dont sign an agreement and come back and say you offering 80%. If Ojukwu had accepted that, what stops Gowon coming back a week later to offer only 40%? If Gowon felt that the agreement he signed in Ghana was to be ammended, it was incumbent on Gowon to call another meeting and discuss an ammendment. The break down of the Aburi agreement was because of the inability of Gowon to implement what he signed. Blame Gowon not Ojukwu.

Gowon left Ojukwu with no option than to declare Biafra when Gowon changed the structural arrangement of Nigeria by abolishing the 4 Regions and creating 12 states. Even as at that, Gowon could have tried other acenues for peace such referendum, plebicite ir a second Aburi meeting. But Gowon rushed to war as his first resort when it should have been his last resort. If Ojukwu had really wanted war, he would have never agreed to go to Aburi where he signed an agreement ti recognise his junior, Gowon, as head of state.

All this was because the Northern oligarchy wanted to dominate the political and economic life of Nigeria. Unfortunately for them, neither Ojukwu nor Igbos were about to take it laying down like slaves as the rest of Nigeria were prepared to

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 8:02pm On Jun 02, 2017
deomelo:

There's a clear difference between fighting for your freedom and suicide .

I hope you and your people know the difference.

For a people who cherish their freedom, both are the same thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

Osinbajo Meets APC Chairman, Five Governors / Ex Niger Delta Militant Egberipapa Warns INEC And Wike Against Rigging Election / Protest In Benin Over Demolition Of Houses By Governor Obaseki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.