Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (36388 Views)

Supreme Court: Celebration In Imo As Uzodinma Is Declared Winner / IF BIAFRA REFERENDUM IS ACCEPT TO HOLD TODAY I'LL GO TO COURT & STOP IT! / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared?? PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 2:56am On Jun 03, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
While I agreed with most of your points, your stand on Crimea is very very wrong.
Crimeans are very happy to be in Russia.
A friend that visited the place in December told me that Ukrainian sentiments there is hardly existing.
They are ethnic Russians so you should know they will be at peace with Russia than Ukraine.

Which set of Crimeans? shocked The ones that recently left Russia to go and settle in Crimea? Or the Crimean indigenous people such as the Crimean Tartars? What part of Crimea did your friend visit and how many people did he talk to?

Crimea's New Russian Overlords Are Seizing Thousands Of Businesses | LAURA MILLS and John-Thor Dahlburg, Associated Press | Business Insider |

One day in October, a dozen armed men in masks drove up to the gates of Yalta Film Studios. They weren't actors, and this was no make-believe. It was a hostile takeover, and the movie sets, littered with debris from a Crimean War reenactment and a faux Mexican village, were the target.

"They forced all the employees onto the ground, sealed off the premises and halted the work of the studio," said owner Sergei Arshinov. The studio, nestled in hills overlooking the Black Sea, is just one of thousands of businesses seized from their owners since Crimea was annexed by Russia.....

Owners have complained that the beneficiaries of some seizures aren't Crimea's people, but the local politicians now in charge, backed by Moscow. Their appeals to police, courts and even Russia's leading authorities, they told AP, have gone nowhere.

"It turns out that, as corrupt as the Ukrainian government was, they didn't allow themselves to do what the Russian Federation is now doing," said Zhan Zapruta, lawyer for a bus company seized by armed men in September...

"If we look at the law, then there is no basis for this — it's simply a takeover," Garfner said. The nationalization attempt, he said, "was clearly just a land grab, because it's big money."

Since joining Russia, Crimea's leaders have asserted a power none of their counterparts in the vast country's other regions has: the right to order nationalization of property. They also possess a unique brand of muscle: the so-called self-defense forces that answer to Aksyonov, and helped quash dissent during the campaign to secede from Ukraine in February and March. Those forces, made a permanent police auxiliary force on Nov. 26, have been involved in many of the real estate takeovers...

IT'S A CIRCUS'
For many in Crimea, euphoria over union with Russia has ebbed, and the property grab is one reason. Food prices have also surged, the inflow of tourists to the Black Sea peninsula's beaches, spas and hotels has flagged, and the hoped-for flood of investment from Russia has yet to happen.

Serhii Kostynskyi, a former Crimea-based businessman, journalist, and analyst, is one of the many thousands who have left to live and work in mainland Ukraine. He likens present-day Crimea to a town captured by an army and handed over to the victorious soldiers to loot.

"It's a total policy of banditry," said Kostynskyi, citing a term from the Russian underworld: bespredel, or utter lawlessness.

http://www.businessinsider.com/crimeas-new-russian-overlords-are-seizing-thousands-of-businesses-2014-12?IR=T

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by OAUTemitayo: 3:30am On Jun 03, 2017
laudate:

Which set of Crimeans? shocked The ones that recently left Russia to go and settle in Crimea? Or the Crimean indigenous people such as the Crimean Tartars? What part of Crimea did your friend visit and how many people did he talk to?

Sometimes I just laugh at you people following western media on Russia internal issues.
You are the most misled people I have ever seen.
1. Crimea has always been Russian.....Fact
2. It was Nikita Khrushchev an ethnic Ukrainian who gifted Crimea to Ukraine as a gift when he was the Soviet Leader. .....Fact
3. Over 90% of Crimeans are ethnic Russians...... Fact
4. When former Ukrainian leader was forced out of power by rioting protesters, the first thing the new regime did was to cancel the use of Russia as a language in schools, offices and all line of public administration ( Just tell me how Ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine and Crimea will be happy with such?)
5. Crimeans rejected such and with the aid of Russian supported insurgents seized the critical assets in Crimea
6. They first declared Independence (Against your assumption that Russia seized their land)
7. They conducted a referendum on whether to join Russia or not
8. Over 90% voted to join r
Russia ( Of course Crimean Tatars voted against, it's not unexpected, majority must have their way while minority have their say)
9. Russia accepted their reintegration back to where they have always belong in their heart.
10. As for the part he visited, it was Sevastopol.

4 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by shukuokukobambi: 3:36am On Jun 03, 2017
Qelvin:

Mo.ron you think this is 1967? You idiots think its as simple as defeating 5 Igbo states? Do you know the population of Igbos now compared to the 67? Do you know there are millions of Igbos all over the world whom have one military experience or another? just here in the US Army I personally have unclassified info on the data that validates the preponderance of Igbos in the marines and delta force alone...not regular US army, I mean special forces...tell me how exactly Nigeria will defeat Igbos this time?.......

Chei!! dey haf come again. Imagine the statement in bold!! cheesy

[img]http://1.bp..com/-psSaCpk6VKY/UGM3edtIV8I/AAAAAAAADPE/BkC8uaKjoAg/s1600/michael-jordan-laughing.gif[/img]

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 7:00am On Jun 03, 2017
deomelo:

Fighting for your freedom is either working the system, forming alliances, securing support from powerful countries, the UN, ECOWAS and AU.

Or secure unlimited funds to buy weapons from guns to warplanes, tanks, artillery, uninterrupted supply of food, medicine and so on.

Or don't do any of the above and repeat what your coward, irresponsible and incompetent Ojukwu did decades ago when you were not only defeated but also lost millions of your own people which = SUICIDE.

Again, fighting for freedom is quite different from suicide.

What Ojukwu did and what the new clown is trying to do is either suicide or just dishing out false hope to you and your people.

Abusing Nigerians and calling Nigeria a zoo is is just being a nuisance and silly distraction, not fighting for freedom.

Well as you can see, we will not agree. You have your way seeing things and I have mine. Nigerians will forever see Ojukwu as the enemy while his people will see him as a heroe. We can debate forever who is right or wrong but what it all shows is that we are different people with different outlook on life.

And that is why we should not be together as country. It is far better that those who share a similar value system and outlook should congregate in a different country. There is no point gathering people of different norms and value together so that they can keep fighting, makes no sense. Since the war ended, Nigeria has neither progressed or united. Nigeria is as divided as the day Ojukwu declared Biafra. I think that when people finally agree that the British colonial contraption called Nigeria cannot work, the idea of a referendum will be acceptable. With a referendum, those of us who wish to forge a different part other than the one Lugard forged for us can finally do so in peace

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:00am On Jun 03, 2017
TheCabal:

If the above was true and not a product of revisionism written by a pro Nigerian writer, then common sense dictates that a simple plebiscite would disgrace and humiliate Ojukwu, as the people would have voted increasingly against Biafra.

Even Asaba an Igbo town welcomed Nigerian Army with enthusiasm, even chanting one Nigeria, in attempt to avoid genocide at the hands of Nigerian soldiers. What choice do defense less people surrounded by trigger happy Nigerian soldiers have other than play along just to survive?
This whole talk of defenseless Biafran civilians whose land fell into the hands of Nigerian soldiers( who having superior weapon supply outgunned the Biafran soldiers there and forced them into retreat), welcoming Nigerian soldiers with enthusiasm is a bit redundant. If you have me surrounded with gun, I would as well sing your praises just to survive.
We know better. grin

This is akin to the propaganda of Nigerians that IPOB are forcing other Igbos into Biafra , while they( Nigerians) reject every suggestions of refeendum to put their lies to test. ;

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:05am On Jun 03, 2017
By the way the way, you know that article is a revisionist when it speaks of an un named Igbo.provincial secretary addressing Calabar people.
The provincial administrator of Calabar province was an Efik man, a Prof, as with all Biafran province, the administrators were of indigenous origin.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:20am On Jun 03, 2017
[BIAFRA’S PROVINCES & ADMINISTRATORS
Aba
Mr. Moses Onwuma*
Abakaliki
Mr. Samuel Mgbada
Annang
Chief Ekukinam Bassey
Awka
Mr. Paul Nwokedi
Calabar
Prof. Eyo Bassey Ndem
Degema
Mr. S. N. Dikibo
Eket
Mr. S. J. Edoho
Enugu
Mr. Christian Chukwuma Onoh
Nsukka
Mr. Frank Onyeke
Ogoja
Mr. Frank Ugbut
Oji River
Dr. Godwin A. Odenigwe
Okigwe
Mr. Sam I. Mbakwe
Onitsha
Mr. R. I. Iweka
Opobo
Dr. S. J. Cookey
Orlu
Mr. R. I. Uzoma
Owerri
Mr. Duke Njiribeakor
Port Harcourt
Mr. Emmanuel Aguma
Umuahia
Mr. Simeon Ojukwu
Uyo
Chief J. Udo-Affiah
Yenegoa
Chief Frank Opigo
====

So, where exactly in.the above list was an Igbo man heading over a non Igbo province as to be addressing and making threats on them?

These revisionists should atleast keep their lies close to the truth.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2017
Lol! Isnt it stupid, people posting long articles writing by hawks to claim.Gowon offered confederation to Ojukwu at Aburi, when all we need do is listen to the horses mouth , Gowon himself to find out the truth. grin

Here is Gowon speaking:

"Before we left Ghana, we had agreed that on
return to Nigeria, l, as Nigeria)s Head of State
should make the first broadcast after which the
other Regional Governors would make theirs.
Unfortunately, I was down with serious malaria
that I could not make my broadcast but Ojukwu
went on air as soon as he got back and claimed
that we agreed to a Confederation to which I had
always strongly objected."
https://coou.edu.ng/gen-dr-yakubu-gowons-convocation-lecture/

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2017
"As far as the regions were concerned, it was decided that all the powers vested by the Nigerian Constitution in the regions and which they exercised prior to January 15, 1966, should be restored to the regions. To this end, the Supreme Military Council decided that all decrees passed since the military take-over, and which tended to detract from the previous powers of the regions, should be repealed by January 21, after the Law Officers should have met on January 14 to list out all such decrees.” The decisions at Aburi amounted to, in terms of political and military control of Nigeria, that the country should be governed as a confederation".

~ Oba Akenzua

This was the agreement at Aburi.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:35am On Jun 03, 2017
How then can hawks like Max sillioun and Asiodu come and tell us that decree 8 translated to confederation, when Gowon himself had already made it clear that he never agreed on or offered confederation to Ojukwu?

When even Oba Akenzua himself agreed that a confederation indeed was what Aburi agreement was all about, but they advised Gowon to renege on it when they reviewed the agreement in Lagos, on the premise that it offered too much powers to the regions, weakened the centre and could have made future secession of any region too easy.

"He said in the memo that Gowon had given too much away in Aburi and that it would lead to the destruction of the country. He further added that Gowon had “legalised” total regionalism which “will make the centre very weak.” Akenzua alluded in his memo that a weak centre would lead to confederation and total disintegration of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:41am On Jun 03, 2017
I am quite conversant with the decree 8. And no, it doesn't provide for confederation, not when the SMC, was powerful enough to not just declare a state of emergency against any region, but to also to take over both the legislative and Executive power of the region.

That was a banana peel right there, as what constitutes emergency was not defined.
Gowon and the other members of the SMC can always re interprete that to dethrone Ojukwu and take spoils of the East.

This is interpretation of decree 8, it wasnt a confederation, and even.Gowon who promulgated it, agrees that it wasnt a confederation, yet hawks and dishonest people Nigeria is cursed with would today want us to accept that Decree 8 offered confederation on.the table by distortion and obfuscation and mis interpretation of facts to suit their sinister aims.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 8:55am On Jun 03, 2017
Rossikki:

You are STILL not using your common sense.

You are still trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Ojukwu HAD A CHOICE. He did not HAVE to declare secession from Nigeria. THAT was what precipitated the conflict.

If he had not declared secession, three million Igbos would have lived, and not been killed in conflict.

You can claim everything you like and say he did, to avoid war, but guess what? It wasn't enough. HE SHOULD HAVE GONE TO THE END OF THE EARTH AND BACK TO AVOID WAR, IF HE TRULY CARED ABOUT HIS PEOPLE.

The truth is that going to war was SIMPLY NOT AN OPTION for the Igbos. Why then did it come to that? Because of the poor decision-making, incompetence, narcissism, and arrogance of Ojukwu and his cohorts.

It's not as of it was a secret at the time that Biafra would be decimated in a conflict. Zik warned Ojukwu to avoid war at all costs. A few senior officers in the Biafra army, such as Major-General Hilary Njoku, warned against going to war. Ojukwu ignored and sidelined them, claiming that ''no power in black Africa can defeat Biafra.'' This was a country with no functional army, no navy, no airforce. I mean, it was pure madness. A collective psychosis that gripped the East at the time, fuelled by Radio Biafra propaganda broadcasts. A bout of collective narcissism that backfired spectacularly. And now, like typical narcissists, you still refuse to accept you made a mistake. Go on. Go and declare another secession.

You keep saying Ojukwu had a choice, didnt Gowon have a choice? Peace is a two way thing, it is not something that is down to one side to keep.

Gowon had the choice of keeping the Aburi agreement he signed, he did not. Of course, people like you will never question Gowon on why he did not keep the agreement he signed, because of your need to blame Ojukwu.

It was plain to see by everyone that Gowon and his Northern cohorts abolished the 4 Regions so as to implement 'divide and rule' which would give them political and economic domination of Nigeria.

That was neither acceptable to Ojukwu or the Eastern Region. As an Igbo man, if I am faced with the choice of being a slave of the North and fighting with my bare hands, I will choose the latter.

There is this impression that Nigeria would always decimate Biafra in the event of war. This isnt accurate. Ojukwu had the people solidly behind him, Ojukwu had the manpower, Ojukwu had the Oil. If it were not the fact that British Naval Warships blockaded Biafra and prevented Ojukwu from exporting Oil and importing food and arms, Nigeria would never have won the war. Gowon would have eventually ran out of money to procecute the war and gave up. Britain virtually won the war for Nigeria

The Nigerian army has no history of winning any war without at least 2 countries coming to their military aid.

The Nigerian Army could do nothing against the Niger Delta militants. They couldnt enter Sambisa until Chad, Niger Republic and Cameroon became involved in the fight against Boko Haram.

Is it this Army that could have stood against a well equiped, highly motivated Biafran Army? Not a chance in hell.

The Biafran fought for 3 years with little or nothing and gave a good account of themselves and I remain eternally proud of them.

That is the spirit of self determination, fighting for your God given right to freedom despite all odds.

As a Nigerian who only understand the slave mentality of 'one Nigeria' you will never understand what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:56am On Jun 03, 2017
On the Eastern region.minorities maybe, we should listen to Mbu, who himself was a minority amongst minorities being a native of today's Northern Cross River state.

Q: Back to NCNC, Zik and the East: What was done to NCNC and Zik in the West, Zik was not magnanimous too, when he went back to the East?

A: I do not think that you were born to understand the politics of those days.

Q:We read?

A: It depends on what you have been reading and by whom? Look, the East was so democratic to a point where when the Onitsha issue came up, although a lot of it engendered by the opposition, led by the late chief justice of the East, Sir Louis Mbanefo, Onitsha market issue, there was a demonstration by the Onitsha people against the premiership of Zik, an Onitsha man, and I saw the father and I asked him: ‘Papa, you joined the delegation, too, to denounce the premier’? You know what he said to me in response? He said: ‘He’s not one of us, being an Onitsha man, he should not oppose us’. That was the extent to which the people in the East understood democratic principles.

Q: But an Efik was not allowed to lead in the East?

A: What was the problem of the Efik? They split. You were not born yet; you needed to be around with us then to understand what happened. UNIP was a splinter of the NCNC and they were to topple the leadership of the NCNC. UNIP was within the NCNC, led by, more or less, English trained graduates, leadership.

They were looking up on themselves as better educated than American trained graduates, led by Zik, Orizu, Mbadiwe and co – that is the truth. And who were the other groups? Graduates, Nwapa, Cambridge, make no mistake about it; Njoku, Manchester, London educated; my country man, Okoi Arikpo, London educated – London School of Economics; Ozoma; even Ita himself, having gotten his MA from Columbia University in the United States of America, came back and repeated the London MA so he used to be referred to as Prof. Eyo Ita, MA Columbia, MA London. They felt they were more educated and, therefore, a better bred to lead the new dispensation in the East; not this ill-bred American educated fellows from schools they did not recognize.

A: But Eyo Ita?

A: My friend, he was opposition, when you split against the leadership, then you are already taking up arms against the party. Must there be two premiers? It was Zik, in fact, who named him Prof. Don’t tell me what you did not witness.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/12/12/the-north-built-on-mistakes-of-the-south-%e2%80%94-mbu/

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 9:25am On Jun 03, 2017
kingzizzy:

You keep saying Ojukwu had a choice, didnt Gowon have a choice? Peace is a two way thing, it is not something that is down to one side to keep.

Gowon had the choice of keeping the Aburi agreement he signed, he did not. Of course, people like you will never question Gowon on why he did not keep the agreement he signed, because of your need to blame Ojukwu.

It was plain to see by everyone that Gowon and his Northern cohorts abolished the 4 Regions so as to implement 'divide and rule' which would give them political and economic domination of Nigeria.

That was neither acceptable to Ojukwu or the Eastern Region. As an Igbo man, if I am faced with the choice of being a slave of the North and fighting with my bare hands, I will choose the latter.

There is this impression that Nigeria would always decimate Biafra in the event of war. This isnt accurate. Ojukwu had the people solidly behind him, Ojukwu had the manpower, Ojukwu had the Oil. If it were not the fact that British Naval Warships blockaded Biafra and prevented Ojukwu from exporting Oil and importing food and arms, Nigeria would never have won the war. Gowon would have eventually ran out of money to procecute the war and gave up. Britain virtually won the war for Nigeria

The Nigerian army has no history of winning any war without at least 2 countries coming to their military aid.

The Nigerian Army could do nothing against the Niger Delta militants. They couldnt enter Sambisa until Chad, Niger Republic and Cameroon became involved in the fight against Boko Haram.

Is it this Army that could have stood against a well equiped, highly motivated Biafran Army? Not a chance in hell.

The Biafran fought for 3 years with little or nothing and gave a good account of themselves and I remain eternally proud of them.

That is the spirit of self determination, fighting for your God given right to freedom despite all odds.

As a Nigerian who only understand the slave mentality of 'one Nigeria' you will never understand what I mean.

You.have time for the dishonest man, I had lost whatever respect I use to have for him. His hypocrisy stinks to high heavens.

He speaks of pan Africanism and ending of Caucasian imperialism, while he bases his need to keep Biafrans trapped in a retrogressive Caucasian created colonial entity , by banking on easy accessibility of Weapons from.same Caucasian powers by the FG to quell Biafrans.

This is the superiority of Nigerian military to Biafran military he speaks of. The easier accessibility to playing subservient role for Caucasian powers to sponsor their war campaigns against Biafra by supplying them superior weapons.
Ofcourse, Caucasian help will not come for free,it comes at a price, which translates to unfavorable one sided trade deals and concessions.

Modern pan Africanism.is a joke. As long as they keep thinking they can continue defending the unity of colonial entities called countries created by imperialists, the shame would always be with them.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by HarryDuce(m): 11:07am On Jun 03, 2017
laudate:

Hehehe... everyone knows that chap you quoted, is nothing but a revisionist. wink All that talk about plebiscite was just an attempt to confuse people, and quote facts out of context. If the authorities in the old Eastern region were truly sincere about conducting a plebiscite for the minorities in that area, why didn't they do it when the old Midwest region was being carved out of the former Western region? Why didn't Ojukwu conduct a plebiscite before declaring secession? Cunning man die, cunning man bury am! grin
The dude is just a propagandist. Always acting like a saint and deceiving his likes. Really cunning.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Flagilator: 1:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
In the event that this happens, I'm seeing the Ghana-must-go incident playing out here again. The wise thing for N'digbo to do is to logically fight for what truly belongs to them in Nigeria which our founding fathers fought to establish. Their bickerings & agitations for secession is viewed to me as a way to chicken out of a project they are a stakeholder to, simply because of a threat & domineering attitude of some disgruntled people who are not even as educated and civilised as they are, save equal rights of being citizens. Isn't this sounding funny & pathetic? If N'digbo really are people of deep wisdom, understanding & undaunting spirit, secession shouldn't be the solution to this political quagmire they find themselves in, rather utilize these qualities to yank their rights free from their detractors while still maintaining their partnership in the investment. Admittedly, South-East has been marginalized too many. I'm saying that the best way to prove their worth isn't by seceding but by working from home and forming a strong political coersion & alliance, not one that is divisive though. Work assiduously & with great intent rather than with "self-determination to secede," to begin to rewrite a new political history for themselves which the likes of Great Zik & Jaja Nwanchukwu will be proud of. Remember, nobody or region will do for you what you fail to do for yourself. My candid opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2017
Ghana people didn't die because Nigeria deported them, instead it forced them to look inward and find solutions for their local problems and are today better off for it. Infact millions of Nigerians are living in Ghana today, where as only few Ghana people are in Nigeria.

So, this deportation scare tactics is a bit childish and redundant.

Biafra will be, she will stand, she will find local solutions for her peculiar challenges and she would thrive.

One Nigeria apologists must realize this and stop wasting their time crying more than the bereaved.

These subtle threats will not work neither would it change the determination of the Igbo to extradite ourselves from any co existence in the same country as countrymen with Arewa-Oduanistanis.

Your threat of war will not work!

Your threat of violence which you do by showing us pics of what amount of wickedness you are well capable of when you show us pics of starving Biafran Children will not work. It would only increase our loathe for you lots, your country and harden our resolve to free ourselves of you people.

Your threat of Landlocked Biafra will not work! Because we know better!

Nothing you do will work or matters! Because, the Biafran patriotism is one enshrined on the hearts of all Igbos of untainted conscience.

The moment you know and accept this, is the moment you stop dissipating useful efforts on trying to stop Biafra and focus more effort on building your dying colonial Arewa-Oduanistani republic with or without "We SS" people, depending on which side they chose.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
kingzizzy:

Wrong. Pragmatism dictates that the weaker side must seek all means to avoid military confrontation.
Your arrogance and narcissism made you imagine you were a match for the Nigerian military. The colonialists that enslaved you, massacred you, and looted your resources for 70 years straight, why didn't you go to war with them, or declare secession when they were in charge? You respect white authority, but disrespect black? Well, Gowon gave you your answer.

As an Igbo man, if I am faced with the choice of being a slave of the North and fighting with my bare hands, I will choose the latter.

Ojukwu said the same thing, just before he boarded the plane to Ivory Coast.

There is this impression that Nigeria would always decimate Biafra in the event of war. This isnt accurate. Ojukwu had the people solidly behind him, Ojukwu had the manpower, Ojukwu had the Oil.

He did not have the weapons. That should be first on your list. Your claim that he had the people "solidly behind him" is unverifiable. Who asked the old women in the villages if they were prepared for war?

If it were not the fact that British Naval Warships blockaded Biafra and prevented Ojukwu from exporting Oil and importing food and arms, Nigeria would never have won the war. Gowon would have eventually ran out of money to procecute the war and gave up. Britain virtually won the war for Nigeria

Stop lying. There were no British warships blockading you. It was NIGERIAN warships that did. Nigeria had a Navy, unlike you.

What history of war has the Biafran Toy army of rag tag child soldiers with catapaults and machetes got?

The Nigerian army showed restraint in the Delta to prevent mass civilian casualties. Chad and others were needed against BH to check their cross-border activities. The US army always fights alongside allied nations and coalition forces for similar reasons. You need to study and understand the complexities of military operations before commenting on them. Just like your Biafran leaders needed to study the complexities and consequences of military conflict with Nigeria prior to declaring secession. The problem with you and your ilk is that you know nothing, you don't study, you don't research, you don't plan. You choose to be ignorant and reckless, and merely bank on your lazy assumptions and prejudices, and it will always backfire on you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by LarryBeryl(m): 7:59pm On Jun 03, 2017
Billyonaire:

We must learn to divorce our emotions from our focused idealism. In Biafra, we will send a strong message to corruption. Corruption will be punishable by Death or Life Imprisonment. If we must get it right, then we have to adopt a communist approach to corruption because we will learn from the fall of Nigeria. We will maintain trading partnership with all our allies including Nigeria.

BUT

I will canvass for Regionalism first. If Regionalism fails, we will MAKE SURE we plan a referendum. My timetable for this is simple. If the SW are so in love with Biafrans that they are pained by our threats of secession, then we must all agree that 2019, there should be no election but RESTRUCTURING. If we all agree on this, then we have a deal. If not, I am sorry to tell you that there is no plan to change the mess we call democracy.

Alright..... But sir can I pm you privately?
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by jstbeinhonest(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
Biafra is none of my business, but I could not but notice that most of the Igbo posters on this thread were really unintelligible.

You guys better start reading good books rather than casting expletives everywhere.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 7:29pm On Jun 04, 2017
Rossikki:

Wrong. Pragmatism dictates that the weaker side must seek all means to avoid military confrontation.
Your arrogance and narcissism made you imagine you were a match for the Nigerian military. The colonialists that enslaved you, massacred you, and looted your resources for 70 years straight, why didn't you go to war with them, or declare secession when they were in charge? You respect white authority, but disrespect black? Well, Gowon gave you your answer.

Ojukwu said the same thing, just before he boarded the plane to Ivory Coast.

He did not have the weapons. That should be first on your list. Your claim that he had the people "solidly behind him" is unverifiable. Who asked the old women in the villages if they were prepared for war?

Stop lying. There were no British warships blockading you. It was NIGERIAN warships that did. Nigeria had a Navy, unlike you.

What history of war has the Biafran Toy army of rag tag child soldiers with catapaults and machetes got?

The Nigerian army showed restraint in the Delta to prevent mass civilian casualties. Chad and others were needed against BH to check their cross-border activities. The US army always fights alongside allied nations and coalition forces for similar reasons. You need to study and understand the complexities of military operations before commenting on them. Just like your Biafran leaders needed to study the complexities and consequences of military conflict with Nigeria prior to declaring secession. The problem with you and your ilk is that you know nothing, you don't study, you don't research, you don't plan. You choose to be ignorant and reckless, and merely bank on your lazy assumptions and prejudices, and it will always backfire on you.

As I said before, Ojukwu was in a very good position to have won the war. Ojukwu had the support, manpower and the Oil. Had Ojukwu been able to export Oil and buy arms, food and other supplies, there is no magic that Nigeria could have done to win the war. The reason Ojukwu lost was the Naval blockade enforced by British Warships. In 1967, the Nigerian Navy was still in its infancy, It was just roughly 10 years old. Nigeria had no warship or even the technical know how even operate one. Nigeria did not acquire any Warship untill the 80's. Even now, Nigeria has no carriers and less than 5 Standard Warships. Warships cost hudreds of millions of Dollars. So when you say that Biafra was the weaker side, I laugh. The massive military support Nigeria got from Britain and Russia is what won the war for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2017
Commonwealth Minister George Thomas
wrote in August 1967 that: 'The sole
immediate British interest in Nigeria is
that the Nigerian economy should be
brought back to a condition in which our
substantial trade and investment in the
country can be further developed, and
particularly so we can regain access to
important oil installations'.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 7:46pm On Jun 04, 2017
Thomas further outlined the primary
reason why Britain was so keen to
preserve Nigerian unity, noting that 'our
only direct interest in the maintenance of
the federation is that Nigeria has been
developed as an economic unit and any
disruption of this would have adverse
effects on trade and development'. If
Nigeria were to break up, he added: 'We
cannot expect that economic cooperation
between the component parts of what was
Nigeria, particularly between the East and
the West, will necessarily enable
development and trade to proceed at the
same level as they would have done in a
unified Nigeria; nor can we now count on
the Shell/BP oil concession being
regained on the same terms as in the past
if the East and the mid-West assume full
control of their own economies'.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ProWalker: 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
kingzizzy:

As I said before, Ojukwu was in a very good position to have won the war. Ojukwu had the support, manpower and the Oil. Had Ojukwu been able to export Oil and buy arms, food and other supplies, there is no magic that Nigeria could have done to win the war. The reason Ojukwu lost was the Naval blockade enforced by British Warships. In 1967, the Nigerian Navy was still in its infancy, It was just roughly 10 years old. Nigeria had no warship or even the technical know how even operate one. Nigeria did not acquire any Warship untill the 80's. Even now, Nigeria has no carriers and less than 5 Standard Warships. Warships cost hudreds of millions of Dollars. So when you say that Biafra was the weaker side, I laugh. The massive military support Nigeria got from Britain and Russia is what won the war for Nigeria.

Ojukwu was simply a bad loud mouth strategist. War is all about strategy and not just using starving hapless children and women for propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2017
Of course, the imperial British knew that that the only way she can retain her imperialistic grip on the East and Midwest was if Nigeria as an entity remained.

After all, the colonial entity was created for the sole aim of allowing them exploit the indigenous people.

It all became comical when peeps who claim to be pan Africanist helped them achieve that aim by directly becoming their foot soldiers only to come tomorrow and start chanting about ending imperialism.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
“Mr. Chairman, when I contemplate the evils of
apartheid, my heart bleeds and I am sure the heart
of every true blooded African bleeds.’ Thus,
Murtala opened the powerful and deep moving
Africa Has Come of Age speech. Murtala continued:
’Rather than join hands with the forces fighting for
self-determination and against racism and
apartheid, the United States’ policymakers clearly
decided that it was in the best interest of their
country to maintain white supremacy and minority
regimes in Africa…Africa has come of age. It’s no
longer under the orbit of any extra-continental
power. It should no longer take orders from any
country no matter how powerful…gone are the days
when Africa will ever bow to the threat of any so-
called superpower…’ There was thunderous ovation
from the Africa Hall and Murtala Muhammad went
back to his seat, little knowing that he had exactly
34 days more to live.”

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
Look at the clown Mutala Muhammad, chanting about Caucasian imperialism, like he didn't know what he signed for when they helped him win the civil war. grin

It wasn't imperialism when they helped him win the war against Biafra, but it's imperialism when it was time for him to pay back.

Until Africans dissolve colonial entities called countries and form real nations built on mutual agreement of components, Pan Afriacnism message will remain a joke and none of us will ever be free.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 04, 2017
pazienza:

If the above was true and not a product of revisionism written by a pro Nigerian writer, then common sense dictates that a simple plebiscite would disgrace and humiliate Ojukwu, as the people would have voted increasingly against Biafra.

Even Asaba an Igbo town welcomed Nigerian Army with enthusiasm, even chanting one Nigeria, in attempt to avoid genocide at the hands of Nigerian soldiers. What choice do defense less people surrounded by trigger happy Nigerian soldiers have other than play along just to survive?
This whole talk of defenseless Biafran civilians whose land fell into the hands of Nigerian soldiers( who having superior weapon supply outgunned the Biafran soldiers there and forced them into retreat), welcoming Nigerian soldiers with enthusiasm is a bit redundant. If you have me surrounded with gun, I would as well sing your praises just to survive.
We know better. grin

This is akin to the propaganda of Nigerians that IPOB are forcing other Igbos into Biafra , while they( Nigerians) reject every suggestions of refeendum to put their lies to test. ;

I think your confused - you just confirmed, though not through any authoritative means that minority territories under the defunct Biafra rejoiced at the presence of Nigerian Troops.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2017
TheCabal:

I think your confused - you just confirmed, though not through any authoritative means that minority territories under the defunct Biafra rejoiced at the presence of Nigerian Troops.

They feigned happiness to avoid massacre at the hands of Nigerian soldiers.

The Biafran soldiers were no where close to help them. Survival was their ultimate aim.
This scenario was what Nigerians misinterpreted of people in the East welcoming the Nigerian soldiers with Enthusiasm.

Of course With Igbos losing out in New Nigeria and these minorities looking to curry favour from
the FG, it became expedient that the previously feigned enthusiasm towards Nigerian soldiers became real enthusiasm, in hope of getting favour from the new masters of Nigeria.

But we know better.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
pazienza:

They feigned happiness to avoid massacre at the hands of Nigerian soldiers.

The Biafran soldiers were no where close to help them. Survival was their ultimate aim.
This scenario was what Nigerians misinterpreted of people in the East welcoming the Nigerian soldiers with Enthusiasm.

Of course With Igbos losing out in New Nigeria and these minorities looking to curry favour from
the FG, it became expedient that the previously feigned enthusiasm towards Nigerian soldiers became real enthusiasm, in hope of getting favour from the new masters of Nigeria.

But we know better.

You know this how ?

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by pazienza(m): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2017
TheCabal:

You know this how ?

Because Asaba couldn't have preferred Nigeria to Biafra, they are Igbo, remember?
It's only rational to preserve life first when faced between life and a hard choice, Nigerian soldiers had guns pointed at their towns, surely, as a Yoruba muslim, you must understand that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Hosa Wells Okunbo: Obaseki Has Me, Ize-Iyamu, Oshiomhole To Face / Man Shares Photos Of His Soldier Brother Killed By Boko Haram / Isese: Kwara Police Arrest Salah Ayodeji Who Was Declared A Wanted Terrorist

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.