Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? (52381 Views)

My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor / When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / "If My Boyfriend Is Broke, I Will Cheat On Him" - Nigerian Lady Explains Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by igahdavid(m): 9:30am On Jun 06, 2017
Collecting gifts or money is like virginity. Once it pops, you can never go back. Today, you collect phone from A. Tomorrow Laptop from B and it goes on to the extent that you want something from any relationship you are in and you start equating love to the no. of material things you get. 'The person that gives you more loves you more syndrome'

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Praktikals(m): 9:30am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
There is this friend of mine, she's still a student, she has a steady boyfriend whom she loves but is broke, but there has been this persistent toaster on her case who is financially buoyant. My friend has not had a laptop and phone for quite a while cos hers was stolen a while ago, and these things are necessary to read with in her school. Her parents said they weren't getting any gadgets for her again cos the last laptop they bought was also stolen when raiders came to the reading rooms in her school. Her parents are also against her doing business in school as they think it would disrupt her studies?p.
She told this her steady boyfriend that she needs a phone and not an expensive one, i think she asked for a techno about five months ago, but her boyfriend kept telling her he would get with no show, he didn't give her a gift on valentine even though she got him one cos he forgot and didn't have money.
A month ago, her boyfriend moved to a new apartment. She feels he should be settled first before she reminds him about the phone.

Yesterday, she called me and told me that the persistent toaster just got her a phone. She doesn't know what type but he said he noticed she didnt have a phone and she wasnt on whatsapp. He said it was a gift for her with no strings attached.
Our question is this, should she collect the phone, even though she doesnt really like the guy? If she does and her boyfriend sees it should she say she got it from another guy? Wont it lead to issues in their relationship?
Would really appreciate your wise and helpful comments? No insults please?
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by darlenese(f): 9:31am On Jun 06, 2017
you and your friend have longer throat, see how u made all the excuse about your boyfriend not getting u a phone , ur parents said they won't buy u another gadget and they don't want u to do biz, excuse from a longer throat, oya collect phone na. msheeeew

at your age you dnt know collecting gift from admirers is an insult to ur boo ,you are directly telling him u need an assistant boyfriend to pay ur bills cos he obviously can't.
and to think that u claim to love ur BF makes me SMH for u.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by ivolt: 9:32am On Jun 06, 2017
Your friend is to choose between the current BF and the suitor.
The phone is just a symbol, if she is tired of the relationship, let
her move on instead of living a fake life and showing fake love
to her BF.

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by 0b100100111: 9:34am On Jun 06, 2017
Collect and off pant #simple

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 06, 2017
Hell No!
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by free2ryhme: 9:35am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:
There is this friend of mine, she's still a student, she has a steady boyfriend whom she loves but is broke, but there has been this persistent toaster on her case who is financially buoyant. My friend has not had a laptop and phone for quite a while cos hers was stolen a while ago, and these things are necessary to read with in her school. Her parents said they weren't getting any gadgets for her again cos the last laptop they bought was also stolen when raiders came to the reading rooms in her school. Her parents are also against her doing business in school as they think it would disrupt her studies?p.
She told this her steady boyfriend that she needs a phone and not an expensive one, i think she asked for a techno about five months ago, but her boyfriend kept telling her he would get with no show, he didn't give her a gift on valentine even though she got him one cos he forgot and didn't have money.
A month ago, her boyfriend moved to a new apartment. She feels he should be settled first before she reminds him about the phone.

Yesterday, she called me and told me that the persistent toaster just got her a phone. She doesn't know what type but he said he noticed she didnt have a phone and she wasnt on whatsapp. He said it was a gift for her with no strings attached.
Our question is this, should she collect the phone, even though she doesnt really like the guy? If she does and her boyfriend sees it should she say she got it from another guy? Wont it lead to issues in their relationship?

you are looking for every means to justify your greed

get lost jare

5 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by thestevens: 9:35am On Jun 06, 2017
All that glitters is not gold my dear,and besides this relationship thing,how do people view it,some ladies just put responsibilities into it too much.team independent woman.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by 1603yyyy: 9:35am On Jun 06, 2017
She should collect jor, no cause for alarm. shebi na the man won spend money
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by dustydee: 9:35am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

Is it her boyfriend's responsibility to get her a phone? Can't she buy one for herself? Oh! she's also broke, so should the boyfriend date someone who is rich instead, since she is broke herself.

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by incredibleace(m): 9:35am On Jun 06, 2017
so far so good, sensible comments, hope the girl in question is seeing all these.

I can't just trust a girl like that, so if we were to be married, and financial challenges come up, is this how she will do?

a lot of girls have this entitlement mindset, which is bad.

biko am tired. am off

4 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by gigabyte13: 9:37am On Jun 06, 2017
Collect fire? Girls eeeeehn, they will start by telling their boyfriend "it is just a gift" after a while the boyfriend number go enter voicemail whenever he tried to reach her

Na so one bobo use phone carry my babe go. Yeye girl still dey always call me say she loves me. LOVE FIRE. I QUICKLY DISAPPEAR MYSELF TO AVOID STORIES THAT LED TO SUICIDE

5 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Freeman50(m): 9:38am On Jun 06, 2017
Young lady, tell us you are the person and not the other way round.

8 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 06, 2017
She collects it and she is gone. It is bye bye.

See love, relationships and marriage is not by force. Unfortunately we have taken it to be a thing of status to be married. To strut about with rings and two wrappers showing we are married. Being in a romantic relationship is not by force.

Now, She knows the guy wants her. She knows he is wooing her. She knows there are longs string attached.LONGER THAN THE 3RD MAINLAND BRIDGE. She shouldn't lie to herself. Why is she trying to fool herself into believing that he is buying her gifts just to see her face? Greed and self dishonesty is a big problem with women.

She should know, if I am her so called "broke" boyfriend, I am ending that relationship. The best she can do is tell me about it. Then I will tell her not to take it. If she goes ahead, then it is over.

At least keep my pride. Show me some respect. If we are in it, then we are in it together. If truly I dont have, then it is unfortunate. If I have but I am hiding it, it is a different matter. And even then, end the relationship and tell me.. Hey I am leaving because you have but you don't give me. Then you can go meet the other supposedly better guy Who will take care of you better. But you won't be with me and accept such a gift.

You can't be with me and to these things in any way. Naah. Romantic/Sexual Love, to me, is not by force or a prerequisite for survival or a happy life. No.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by olureignforever: 9:39am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

All this new generation girls, why are you bringing shame to womanhood, very soon some guys will come and say women are good for only bleep. Our mothers were never like this nah. In yoruba, your friend is ole, ole, olojukokuro. Alapamasise. Don't come to tell us sad story here about your friend.

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by ZUBY77(m): 9:39am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

Both of you already condemned the poor boy. Go ahead and do your thing

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by hadura29(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

FAIL #1
If she indeed "really" loved her bf, she wouldn't have noticed that foolish stranger, hoping to crawl with her (aka a gal already dating someone).... Sadly, a gal "really" in love with her bf would have shut this fool down out of RESPECT for her man/relationship.

FAIL #2
Why would a woman expect from her broke BF what her broke parents can't offer her?!

FAIL #3
Here she is, now looking for "excuses" to crawl and sell herself to generous foolish stranger.... Valentine bla bla bla. Her man is broke and has bigger priorities than her in his life... Is that too difficult for that "supposed" in love babe to understand?!

FAIL #4
Why didn't she also reminded her parents that she was in need?! Or did she now decided that her financial problems are "solely" bf issues?

FAIL #5
A gal that is "supposedly" in love would never disrespect her union/bf by accepting gifts from someone who wants to fukc her. Is that what she plans to do when her husband may get in financial trouble in the future?! Her actions shows the "type" of woman she is.

FAIL #6
Should this question even be asked?! Not only it is an insult to her struggling broke bf, it is also a sad act making her look cheap... No man want such woman by their side.

FAIL #7
So she isn't that stupid, and knows that getting a phone from a stranger is wrong then?! Why would she lie if she thought her actions were RIGHT?!
Here Is a clue:there will always be a richer dude out there offering "better bigger" gifts.

FINAL FAIL
Not understanding that this sole act would be the beginning of the end for their r/ship

No more comment you just nailed it man...

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Eazybay(m): 9:40am On Jun 06, 2017
Abg its not cheating until you are married!!

The 'serious' bf may even be doing worse or better still would do worse when his financial status improves..

Get your phone and enjoy.

#MyOpinion
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by collins67(m): 9:41am On Jun 06, 2017
nawa ohhh ......... which kind tori b dis again undecided
ADMIN LEND ME UR BAZOOKA LEMME BOMB DIS POST grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 06, 2017
funmisticqueen:

OLOSHO

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by IamNat: 9:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Girlr and their long throat
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by jnrbayano(m): 9:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Olanrefront3355:
I'm so surprised everyone has same opinion on this.....

OP, I hope your supposed "friend" sees these comments.

#Iyanu_Mashele.

Hahahaha

Op is that very person needing advice.

She is greedy

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by mykel25(m): 9:42am On Jun 06, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Lol. How much u go pay for advice

Theres only on step between been a virtuous lady and a covetous one.

First, toaster and suitor are not same. She needs to know where she's going. I toast girls regularly, but asking for their hand in marriage is a serious deal. A true lover would not use money/gift to get you.

She claims she truly loves her bf and she could not introduce his bf to d guy...see wuruwuru sense o

Well in my personal view, i do not see her ending up with either of them. Its not a curse, its whats gonna happen...she's covetous...

She's still growing... She won't end up with any.... Not a curse buh fact outta experience
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Lowoa: 9:43am On Jun 06, 2017
'OverAndOUT'

awonwerey:
Anybody who boils hot water should be ready to do EBA angry

Once she don collect the gadget, she should be ready to drop pant or get married to the dude undecided

Over and out
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 06, 2017
A phone is just too meager to put her relationship in jeopardy over ,but if it was a ring, I would have given another advice.personally I dont believe any guy will give a Lady any thing with no strings attached, and atleast not in this country, so she should have her mind prepared , I will also suggest she observes that her bf well,cos most broke guys only see their current gfs as making do with what is available, when they blow that is when they will know they prefer light skinned ,so she end up loosing out
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by paradigmshift(m): 9:45am On Jun 06, 2017
I hate all this kind yeye topic

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by dominique(f): 9:45am On Jun 06, 2017
Start dating a Nigerian girl and you automatically start owing her money. Truer words have not been spoken about this generation of Nigerian girls. Babes, stop making yourselves liabilities to men. It's annoying. You have two hands, two legs and a brain just like your boyfriends, stop making yourselves their responsibility. Nothing wrong with gifts every now and then but expecting them to fund your lifestyle? NO NO NO!!!! I will warn my son about girls like these when he gets of age. He ain't gonna be responsible for any greedy girl's expenses, he is not her father.

Tell your friend to save up her pocket money and get herself a phone. That was exactly what I did when my phone got stolen when I was in 200 level. I literally starved myself, saved up my small change, my big sis added a little to it and I got myself a Nokia 2700 radio phone. I just can't imagine asking a guy for money or phone. It's just so absurd.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by mykel25(m): 9:45am On Jun 06, 2017
firstking01:
Well, let her inform her bf about the phone first before collecting it...

If the bf insist that she shouldn't collect it then he should be ready to get her a new phone asap, but even at this i 've not seen anywhere it is written that a guy "must" replace his gf's phone when she misplaced it.

After all the both of them are students and are still solely dependent on their parents financially.

If m d boyfriend I ll tell her to collect it if she seriously need it.... Since I can't provide it...u ll jokingly say my dear God just used someone to provide for your needs OOOOO...... If she later start dating d guy I ll let go....
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by BigBrother9ja: 9:45am On Jun 06, 2017
[s]
MrBrownJay1:

FAIL #1
If she indeed "really" loved her bf, she wouldn't have noticed that foolish stranger, hoping to crawl with her (aka a gal already dating someone).... Sadly, a gal "really" in love with her bf would have shut this fool down out of RESPECT for her man/relationship.

FAIL #2
Why would a woman expect from her broke BF what her broke parents can't offer her?!

FAIL #3
Here she is, now looking for "excuses" to crawl and sell herself to generous foolish stranger.... Valentine bla bla bla. Her man is broke and has bigger priorities than her in his life... Is that too difficult for that "supposed" in love babe to understand?!

FAIL #4
Why didn't she also reminded her parents that she was in need?! Or did she now decided that her financial problems are "solely" bf issues?

FAIL #5
A gal that is "supposedly" in love would never disrespect her union/bf by accepting gifts from someone who wants to fukc her. Is that what she plans to do when her husband may get in financial trouble in the future?! Her actions shows the "type" of woman she is.

FAIL #6
Should this question even be asked?! Not only it is an insult to her struggling broke bf, it is also a sad act making her look cheap... No man want such woman by their side.

FAIL #7
So she isn't that stupid, and knows that getting a phone from a stranger is wrong then?! Why would she lie if she thought her actions were RIGHT?!
Here Is a clue:there will always be a richer dude out there offering "better bigger" gifts.

FINAL FAIL
Not understanding that this sole act would be the beginning of the end for their r/ship

[/s]
You must be a brokeass niggga and I'm sure a rich dude must have snatched your gf b4.
I know your pain...

do yourself a favor, double your hustle.

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by distilledwalex(m): 9:46am On Jun 06, 2017
It's funny how some ladies this days reason.. As much as I respect many of them some are just damn senseless... Hoe everywhere....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Honeymoon Photos Of Dele Taiwo, Dwarf RCCG Pastor / Man Spent Less Than N50K On His Wedding (Pictures) / Slay Queen Disgraced Online For Twerking Inside A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.