Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? (52314 Views)

My Parents Refused To Accept My Suitor / When Your Boyfriend Is Giving You Tough Competition(pics) / "If My Boyfriend Is Broke, I Will Cheat On Him" - Nigerian Lady Explains Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by DoubleDray(m): 10:32am On Jun 06, 2017
alexialin:

There is nothing wrong in getting !married to the rich guy or even dating or collecting his gifts , as long as u like him.

One thing about struggling or poor guys , the present and future is uncertain .
Last last , because they are poor, their families have the final say if should marry or not .

I repeat a poor guy has no say in his life or love life , especially when the gf might be ready to settle down .

Babe, op don't place all your eggs in his basket . At the end , their families have the final say.
Am telling u thru experience before u reach above 30 like me ,due to having pity for poor guys.

A word is enough for the wise .

AWWWWW!!!!!!

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Lloydfather(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2017
Op Some of the advice u see here are from selfish secondary school students and broke guys like ur friend's boy friend. They are speaking from prospective of been insecure and selfishness.

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by 2shure: 10:33am On Jun 06, 2017
Posts and thread for 100 level.
All for the pussy
Bitch
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2017
DoubleDray:

AWWWWW!!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahah cheesy

Yes o! cheesy
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Basics007: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2017
Depends on how much she loves the guy. If she sees herself marrying the guy in future she should reject the gift. How many campus relationships ends up in marriage eventually?
If it's absolutely necessary she needs a phone and laptop to succeed in school she should collect and damn the consequences

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Wolexpoly: 10:36am On Jun 06, 2017
THE BROKE NIGGA SHUD JUST FORGET THE GIRL JEJE....SEEMS SHE HAS BEEN TAKEN ALREADY....MONEY RULES THE WORLD.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by sekem: 10:36am On Jun 06, 2017
ezenwajosh:
EVERYONE HAS COMMENTED MY ADVICE......

You made a very good point

But writing in capitals is not it at all

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by mapet: 10:36am On Jun 06, 2017
cruchenuti:
Honestly, Against popular opinion.

I will advise that your friend dumps his boyfriend and go with the toaster. You know why?

Because this will happen eventually. Sooner or later. No need to beat around the bush.

She wants money. He doesn't have. She moves on. Life goes on.

Your advise is even too late. She (I think she and the friend are the same persons) has already ditched her boyfriend, she is just looking for people to help validate her actions and assuage her guilty conscience

3 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Etinosajay(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2017
Stupid question and a very stupid girl.

What would she do when the rich suitor becomes broke?

Accept a gift from another rich suitor??

2 Likes

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by mapet: 10:37am On Jun 06, 2017
awa:
Come this Poster, you think we are small Children here abi?

Stop this kind of thing now and collect the phone.
You shouldn't use your friend as case study but just tell us what you are facing jareee

I said same

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Etinosajay(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2017
mapet:

Your advise is even too late. She (I think she and the friend are the same persons) has already ditched her boyfriend, she is just looking for people to help validate her actions and assuage her guilty conscience

So she will continue to move on when the current ones go broke?

Is she a moving train?

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Kakamorufu(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2017
he has a motive for getting her the fone. forget the no string attached stuff.

tho I know she will still take the fone in the end. Abi no be girl. material things and them are like 5 and 6
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Olutayo89(m): 10:43am On Jun 06, 2017
omo God give u sense!!!
RadicallyBlunt:
Lol. How much u go pay for advice

Theres only on step between been a virtuous lady and a covetous one.

First, toaster and suitor are not same. She needs to know where she's going. I toast girls regularly, but asking for their hand in marriage is a serious deal. A true lover would not use money/gift to get you.

She claims she truly loves her bf and she could not introduce his bf to d guy...see wuruwuru sense o

Well in my personal view, i do not see her ending up with either of them. Its not a curse, its whats gonna happen...she's covetous...

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by mapet: 10:44am On Jun 06, 2017
Etinosajay:

So she will continue to move on when the current ones go broke?

Is she a moving train?

Wetin be my own, no be she tok say she want fone......and probably will jump into the next person's arms (and bed by extention) to get it? We better save the "broke" BF from future heartache, so that he can get a more deserving and decent girl
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by HENRYCHIKOD(m): 10:46am On Jun 06, 2017
Br u can stil nt Use d boild water on eba bt stil Use it on akamu
awonwerey:
Anybody who boils hot water should be ready to do EBA angry

Once she don collect the gadget, she should be ready to drop pant or get married to the dude undecided

Over and out
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by joenor(m): 10:46am On Jun 06, 2017
Ya right. smiley
Raine80:
She loves her boyfriend but she loves nice things more. It's clear to see who is going to be the focus of her attention and it's not her soon to be ex-boyfriend.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by vuc1(m): 10:47am On Jun 06, 2017
Love the most abused word I've ever heard . Ladies love material things more than even their lives. No love is more genuine than that of family. Ladies and fake love be like politicians and corruption.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by mapet: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2017
eduj:

love is blind-yes, but I don't think it wise for an enterprising young dude to enter into a relationship when he can't handle the financial aspect (make no mistake, no matter how good that babe is,money must be spent). the igbos have a saying that, "a man who wants to have sex, should first of all buy a mat".
Be that as it may, I think our sis is trying to have her cake and eat it. Most guys see a babe accepting gifts from them as an acceptance to their suit , which at the minimum would result to a lay.

What "financial aspects" that we don't know of and have not encountered? Spare me some "moral-less" rhetoric. When it is time to spend on a woman, it should be ennobling, inspiring and strengthening the bond of the relationship, and not about satiating "longer-throat" and "graft-vagina"
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by wadetaw202: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2017
Raine80:
She loves her boyfriend but she loves nice things more. It's clear to see who is going to be the focus of her attention and it's not her soon to be ex-boyfriend.

Are you married?
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Aragon: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2017
Your own parents refused to buy and replace your stolen phone etc and now the Pressure is now on a poor struggling guy to do it. Between your parents and your boyfriend who should want you to succeed the most? Anyway just remember that your broke boyfriend can be rich someday while your rich toaster can be broke. And when you collect gift from him please be ready to dance to his music that is if you have not already started dancing

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by HENRYCHIKOD(m): 10:51am On Jun 06, 2017
If it ws d guy dat is doin it nw, u wl b lik dat is one tin wit guys, a girl dat stood for him for yrs nw dis new girl is offerin him Phone he wt 2 leav his old love, ndi-uwa
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by mapet: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2017
Dgreatestt:
Listen op, don't be deceive by all dis fake saints. If u check well, most of the guys are d ones having two gf nd still keeps side chicks, they are here forming saints. Same to d girls also.

To the topic, ask ur friend, dos she see a future in dat relationship?, is the bf she loves also loyal?(cos broke guys actually cheat more). If not, let's her move on Biko. No gain in being with a broke guy who u dnt see a future with.

For d gift, collect it, den sell it. Let her Simply tell her guy dat her parent jst sent money for the fone, nd she will lik d guy to accompany her to get. Go with him nd get anoda fone.

She doesn't have to give in to the toaster demand cos he's getting her gift, when d toaster tire, em go move on.

I have always advise girls never to be 100% in love. Always reserve some % for common sense.

Yet your submission beggars belief and counters both common and uncommon sense
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by joenor(m): 10:54am On Jun 06, 2017
I really don't know what to say about this whole thing, if you love your bf as said, then bear with him till he can get you a phone n laptop I presume, whats with this a friend, got me a phone, don't you think if he knows about this gift he got for you, he might be feeling something fishing..... my dear be patient.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by freeage7(m): 10:54am On Jun 06, 2017
This is what I call indecent proposal. That girl is capable of committing adultery when she gets married. Some women with material things.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by IBBG(m): 10:56am On Jun 06, 2017
lets look at this frm another angle. is not as if the guy is married to girl, they r just in a relationship. the girl is at liberty and free to do what she feels comfortable with. becos if the girl's mind is made up to collect the gift frm the said suitor, and the boyfriend prevails on her not to, without providing an alternative, the girl will secretly abhor the boyfriend each time she is faced with an incovenience as result of she rejecting that gift. But it is a different ball game when they are married.
i've learnt when dealing with adults not to make decisions for them, rather i provide you with enough information to enable u make ur decisions urself, becos i realized that people are always looking for someone to blame when something fails instead of taking responsibility.
If i were the boyfriend, i wouldn't make much fuss out of it, as it would show insecurity, whether you like it or not people will always toast ur girl. married women are even toasted how much ur girlfriend. This will also be an avenue to know what the girls values are, not that she recieving the gift necessarily makes her a bad person but you're being so secure enough to give the freedom to make her decision as it best suits her. i don't believe in being a dictator in a relationship, instead i allow u make ur decision so as to better understand you irrespective of how much i luv u. Lets be realistic here, your girlfriend will definitely have admirers whether u like it or not, some will even try frantically to woo her from you. having this knowledge at the onset saves alot of unnecssary tension and stress and helps u relax and think of better things abeg. na my own be dat o

1 Like

Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by delxmaverick(m): 11:02am On Jun 06, 2017
It's so simple. She should ask herself if she was the one in her BF's shoes, how would she feel? Her feelings in her BF's shoes without any form of sentiment should be used as her yardstick.
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by mykel25(m): 11:04am On Jun 06, 2017
2dugged:
I don't get,which one are you guilty of?, the broken dude or the rich guy using money to collect people's gfs?

Was meant to quote a statement lemme look for it n quote
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by DeRay98(m): 11:04am On Jun 06, 2017
amokeme:
The "story" is even somehow. But let me go by it.
1. How will your parents(or her own, whichever one) be comfortable that their daughter is in school and doesn't have a phone and refuse to do nothing about it? How do they communicate then? And the laptop(not everyone in the university have a laptop, and they don't fail because of that)

2. I don't know about you(or her) I can't put my man in a situation where he will be ridiculed either silently or directly by other guys or toasters at that. Just because my parents can not get me a phone., your boyfriend is not mandated to buy you a phone because that's not his responsibility. But if he gets it for you, fine, but let it be out of the goodness of his heart and not because you feel you are entitled to it because you are dating him.

3. I think she is already getting carried away by the gifts the toaster is going to shower her with if she eventually starts dating him. Because now she is talking about her boyfriend not giving her valentine gift. Valentine that was since February o, she will has that in mind.

I don't want to say she has longer throat. But collecting something from a toaster she claims not to "really" like(that means she likes him small) that you can't afford or your parents can't get for you for reasons best know to them(because they should provide everything you need since they don't want you doing any business while in school) is clearly disrespecting yourself and your relationship and is not worth it if you truly love your boyfriend as you say. Because she is already asking for advise to lie or not.. and unfortunately, there will be trouble either way.

She knows the right thing to do, so she should try to overcome the longer throat and save herself from wahala and guilt

Solid advice from a lady who has a sound mind, a pretty look and brains.
This combination is what a call a "beauty".
But wait oh, this your long refined "dada" no dey heavy you? grin
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Izen: 11:04am On Jun 06, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

FAIL #1
If she indeed "really" loved her bf, she wouldn't have noticed that foolish stranger, hoping to crawl with her (aka a gal already dating someone).... Sadly, a gal "really" in love with her bf would have shut this fool down out of RESPECT for her man/relationship.

FAIL #2
Why would a woman expect from her broke BF what her broke parents can't offer her?!

FAIL #3
Here she is, now looking for "excuses" to crawl and sell herself to generous foolish stranger.... Valentine bla bla bla. Her man is broke and has bigger priorities than her in his life... Is that too difficult for that "supposed" in love babe to understand?!

FAIL #4
Why didn't she also reminded her parents that she was in need?! Or did she now decided that her financial problems are "solely" bf issues?

FAIL #5
A gal that is "supposedly" in love would never disrespect her union/bf by accepting gifts from someone who wants to fukc her. Is that what she plans to do when her husband may get in financial trouble in the future?! Her actions shows the "type" of woman she is.

FAIL #6
Should this question even be asked?! Not only it is an insult to her struggling broke bf, it is also a sad act making her look cheap... No man want such woman by their side.

FAIL #7
So she isn't that stupid, and knows that getting a phone from a stranger is wrong then?! Why would she lie if she thought her actions were RIGHT?!
Here Is a clue:there will always be a richer dude out there offering "better bigger" gifts.

FINAL FAIL
Not understanding that this sole act would be the beginning of the end for their r/ship

Your number 4. If she isn't a priority in his life, then he should let her be. Its not by force to have a girlfriend. I cannot date you and you won't be a priority in my life. What are we now doing?
Re: Should She Collect A Phone Gift From Her Suitor Because Her Boyfriend Is Broke? by Spidermon: 11:05am On Jun 06, 2017
why would a female student be billing a fellow male student like this because he is her boyfriend and she has a vajinah ??

I no get advice for you.

every abokii with his transistor radio

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dealing With Teenage Girls Can Be So Frustrating! / When You Have Different Men Giving You Money / Man Grabs His Bride's Butt In Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.