Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Welcome To My House - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45453 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2010
axeman85:

@masky baba

for where oyinbo man sef fit collect black man money oo, so no shaking. afterall once na quality him produce na di koko be dat. lol no i no be night watchman ooo. i just dey relax for house jare. because by the time me i dey finish work dey come back house, you for don dey sleep, or still dey relax drink unwinde wht bottle of star or guiness. lol. efcc for where. dem must be kokings. when bigger fishes dey to fry. my own fish go hook dem for throat. lol. make you cook well well ooo becos na your house i go chop, breakfast, lunsh and dinner together. so i dey fast till wen i enter your house. lol

i hear u.i be holy man sha,nothin like star or guinness for my bible. grin grin.fall in anytime,first course is a big bowl of andrew liver salt followed by a cup of laxatives to loosen ur appetite. cool cool.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2010
@maski

lol very funny, na so u like me reach,? andrew kini, forget that thing, i don branch for mulika place dis morning shak 10naira jedi , so i dey kampe to consume anything available. lol. me sef holy for some areas sha but no be for shakis level. lol
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 31, 2010
Before i give una my gist for today, make una confess: how many of you learnt to drive by yourself? i.e. nobody took time to show you

make una talk true o!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:08am On Mar 31, 2010
i did

my dad ddnt have a ride,never had access to one while growin up,ddnt want any gbese bashin somebody's car(actually shlda started wit my friend's car but him shakara too much) so i waited till i got mine.since i ddnt learn to drive i bought auto.i just entered inside after gettin oral instructions from ma friend and watchin pple.shebi i paid for it,i could afford to repair na grin grin.some of d scratches are still present even to this day,keepsakes/memoirs i call them.

so there sis.u aint alone cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 7:29am On Mar 31, 2010
well, mine was more of oral instructions too. my dad had a car, but you dare not touch. anyways my elder ones bashed it a couple of times. when my mum got her car, a sleek benz 190, wow, i painted the town red with it!!! never bashed it anyways. drove within town for 2 yrs, and my first long distance journey was to benin from ilorin, about 400km, and it was a toyota haice bus i drove, with passenger(not commercial o!). we went for a conference from school, the rest is history, i've covered quite some KM in this country o! thank God for aero 3k flights o! lol, i no too dey drive again!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 31, 2010
great! now i'm sure u'll feel my pain when i say this:

the a/c man came yesterday evening to install the 2nd a/c and check the first one i did and guess what? the darn thing IS plug-and-play like i thought!!! mine wasn't working cos it was at a funny angle or something. i paid the guy to give the thing a once over. that's all he did.

anyways, boy am i relieved it's working now! grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 31, 2010
@Ice,

I am one of very few that can boldly say that NOBODY taught me how to drive.

One morning while waiting for the driver to come and drive me down to the office from the hotel room in Aba (spent solid 6 months in the hotel, which is another story for another day grin), and the guy was not showing up (before the era of GSM) I just picked the car keys, took a very deep breath and hit the road (honestly that was it).

The guy got to to the hotel and was informed that 've driven myself out, shocked and afraid, he rushed down to the office and met me in one piece in my office. He was relieved. Since then he never bother to come and pick me in the morning, only drives me to a point close to his own house, while I will take over from there. Learning to drive yourself is 90% guts and 10% curiousity.

Thank God that you did not go too far in your DIY, else your budget would have suffered this month. tongue

@masq.

Got the pixs, however it was yesterday in the night and the quality was rather poor, will upload anyhow sha.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2010
@all

am sure you had a good day and good to hear you ac is now working sista ice  but i hops say light go let you enjoy the thing sha. lol. well none thought me how to drive, i started the car one morning, moved front and back and hit the gate didnt touch the car for weeks and then next time, istarted it frove it from ibafo to ketu and back and since then i have started driving. no one thaught me, i just watched people while they are driving and that way i was able to drive. am buying an auto car in next few months but i dont even know how i will drive it as i hav always driven manual.
Re: Welcome To My House by Bisowo(f): 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2010
@ axeman,

Auto drive is the cheapest thing ever. I had a driver teach me manual for a couple of months, but auto was a breeze. Was told what to do, and pronto, I was on the road. As easy as A-B-C.

I've been on auto now for 5yrs and really can't imagine me buying a car with manual transmission ever!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2010
@bisowo

i second d motion.auto na ground nut cool cool

easter comes sooneth,any plans pples?oops.,i forgot to say appi nu month.

bigger things a gwan pples.enjoy.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2010
@axeman

i saw d'comin soon' on german's thread.u no fit escape the washin grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 6:51pm On Apr 01, 2010
axebaba
i stay on akinwale street opposite nationwide filling station,power here is great of course it can get better.

DIY
like the saying what you dont know,you dont know and i think that is what them guys are doing to us werin man go do,
about driving , i was thought on a weekend and i summoned courage on a monday i took it to the office been my first car i couldn't wait for my peeps to see me cruise but to my greatest surprise it was the day lagos experienced total standstill/go slow,it took me 2 hours to get to the office ogudu to opebi.i learn to drive the hardest of ways by using only 2 gears 1 and 2.
i did not stop there the following weekend i drove to ogere trainning centre ibadan toll gate, now i think iam a pro

ijosede
wen r u hittin lag?

Welcome to my house crew
happy easter to u all and a splendid 2nd quarter of 2010.April will bring to your doorstep new things you ever wish yaself
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2010
happy nu month everybaddy, and happy easter too kiss kiss

me i full ground sha.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2010
hmmmm, this lagos relocation matter too dey worry me o! i really need a brand new house in a very clean and quiet enviroment! pls who knows alaka estate very well. can i get something like that there 3br. what should my budget be, i no fit sleep under bridge o!!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2010
u in lagos yet?

not to scare you, but i don't hear much good stuff bout alaka area (not speaking abt the estate). the estate when i visited it last was still quiet. what's ur agent doing about getting u a place?

u've lived in PH. i dunno what rent's like there, but it's prolly the same as here or worse. expand ur horizons. don't put all ur eggs in the alaka basket.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2010
@maskibaba
yes oo abi na wetin man go do, na di money for moto wey dey hustle for ooo. na since last year i don dey take mouth talk am but now na to put my money where my mouth dey. omo ti o ba se ise dede oye ki owun na le la nkan gidi fun ara ee.
@bisowo
yes i know say auto is very cheap and easy to drive as some people say. as for me i learnt to drive with manual and have always driven manual all my life so auto is very strange i have never driven one before so i no even know ow i go do am, na just becos my wife dey lazy and no wan drive manual if not na manual all the way ooo. but anyway always first time for everything.
@kingboy
henhen dats good ooo, una dey enjoy for that side ooo, us wey dey after haruna junction no dey enjoy light at all, anyway sha i no dey house currently so make dem dey do anything wey dem want and wen i land back i dey come back with 2heavy duty generator.lol.
@all
Happy new month ooo, i for be first person to talk am but i don commot for house since 6am and just dey enter house now. so wish you all the Lords Blessings and guidance this month of April and may the Love of GOD not depart from our household . Happy easter to all also. have fun, eat plenty and play plenty BUT dont drink too Plenty. smiley
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 9:11pm On Apr 01, 2010
@icey
  this house thing is really not as easy as i tot. what are those things you;ve heard about alaka?   the budget for house is definately higher in lagos o!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 02, 2010
i'll be honest: i hear abt too many robberies/shoot outs at that end of lagos. i'll be happy if someone can tell me that's no longer the case, but i think you should know.

have you considered Gbagada? it's pretty close to the island too. and there are some areas that are quiet.
Yaba - but a quiet area doesn't come to mind right now
Alagomeji - lots of new houses are springing up there, and it is quiet and VI accessible
Lekki - the rent there is insane
Ilupeju - rent there is over board too. who know u might get lucky.

what price range are you lookng at? bear in mind that most property want 2 years rent up front, plus 20% agent+'lawyer/agreement' fees.

Abeg make una donate locations. this break is the best time for him to scout. and lucky for you ijoseda, it just rained, so u'll have a fair idea of what kind of mess u'll find if u move in.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:03am On Apr 02, 2010
@ice,
which area is alagomeji ?
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:40am On Apr 02, 2010
@ice

true my sista
@ijoseda

alagomeji is just after yaba close to this white house restaurant cant remember that porpular place again but also close to kano street where beggers plenty well well. no vex na so i fit discribe am but i fit dey wrong oo.
well personally after 5yrs for obodo oyinbo i dey come back house so na pgba areai decide to get house for, to me its very close to ikeja and also close to agidingbi or berger to link to express to island. and i havent excountered that much traffic in the area as much, and its reasonable area, security is ok as per my side sha. most street get security, opc, and anyway sha na good area for me.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2010
my wife is so worried about driving on the 3rd mainland bridge, still trying to convience her otherwise, i'm still very opened to gbagada and magodo. i think i'll get the kind of enviroment i want in these areas. oworonshoki, anybody with intels on this area?
i've also heard about the security issue at alaka. ki olorun o maa so wa ni o!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 02, 2010
alagomeji is smack in between yaba and oyingbo. it's opposite railway compound (on murtala mohd way) and extends almost to Sabo. The residential area i'm talking about is the area in between murtala mohd and herbert macauley (@axeman: kano street is closer to oyingbo.) speaking of which, there's some decent places in sabo (behind e-centre) that are quiet.

there's no cause for worry on 3rd mainland. it's actually one of the less scary places as long as u're not out too late (i.e. 11pm upwards). has ur agent shown u any places in magodo? get on his/her case o! they only answer people who disturb them the most.

if i seem to be suggesting anywhere but magodo, it's for the reasons already mentioned - it's extra far from the island, and flipping expensive. if you want it anyway, no probs. good luck to ya!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ice yea u correct.

@ijoseda

you don hammer well ooo those areas wey u dey mention. magodo is mega expensive ihave friends who stay ins 3bedroom apartment there and its like 600k or 1.5m per annum i think. and yes that area is magodo shangisha and its just quiet and posh area but nonsensical place. i stayed in an holiday apartment there once and it was a nightmare. to survive there, you must have a car and also you must make sure you buy your foodstuffs and things from outside before coming home as its not a kind of place u can quickly rush to main road and buy pepper or yam. also at night road linking there might be quiet dangerous as its always deserted. although once you enter main gat almost all the street get gate and security men basically to live there you must have deep pockets and nothing less than 500 to 600k per annum as new tennant its 2yrs 1.2m agency 10% agrmnt 10% and they migh ask you to pay caution fee which sometimes is 5% or few thousand.

@oworo. its a good area easy access to thirdmainland, newgarage, bariga, yaba, gbagada, deeperlife area, ikeja, anthony, oshodi. new houses are springing up there, but its kind of still classed as upcoming area. flodding might be an issue there it was in the past but cant say about now. rentage is quite ok dere ranges form 200 upwards for 3bedroom.

finally always be on the agents neck and also make sure you hassle them majority of them take the piss and also dont part with your money ooo. some of them dont have properties so they work in a network organisations where if 1 has a customer he communicates wth other agents who might have. i was able to get mine through a guy called way&life on nairaland here. he wasnt even the owner of property but he was able to get someone who had 1 available and that was it, spacious loung, average room, 2toilet 1bathroom although small kitchen but manageable.and its in goba just after haruna junction.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2010
@axey,
thank you so much bro! i have a friend that lives in oworo, i'll call him right away to find out more about the flooding thing. i think i've been able to drop off the magodo idea now! i need to be able to buy agege bread within 2 min walk from where i live o!!! grin grin. pls can we talk about the pros and cons of gbagada? i'm moving to lagos in july.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ijoseda

good gbagda varies there is phase1 and phase2, 1 is the charlie boy area and renting is withing the range of nothing less than 400 if u r luck usualy its from 500, 600k upwards. good area easy access to mainland, island, ikorodu road, anthony, oshodi, airport.
phase2 is the deeper life area, thats where we have ifako, soluyi, medina estate . renting is also from 4ook if luck usually 500,600k upward for a 3bedroom. am sure if you look at some agents posts about renting in that area u will see am right. as i said, good area, good location, easy access to bariga market, nice area, grew up around soluyi, and was still there recently. traffic there can get messy at times, security well. cant say much about that. as i lived there last when i was growing up. houses there are relatively old building but if you want newly built houses that you possible want to just pay and pack in then soluyi will ge good, but its expensive and i mean EXPENSIVE. it all depends on your budget and pocket.
also bear in mind some landlords always incrse their rent some everyyear or every 2yrs. so will it be a good rentage in long run.

so in choosing you have to consider these factors. easy access for you to your work and back, also for your wife, ho easy for you to leave home, go to offic, pick her up way back an get home together. or going and coming independently. even if you can afford to pay much now before moving to your own house will you be able to confidently keep affording the rentage these were what i considered before i decided to settle for my place in ogba
Re: Welcome To My House by jojomywife: 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2010
Hey,

Complements of the day everyone. Any ideas how I can get a two bedroom apartment in Lagos (Ikeja, Maryland/Mende, Anthony). My challenge is that I can afford to pay just for a year and not two. Do feel free to contact me if you got leads.
Thanks!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 2:25pm On Apr 02, 2010
@jojomywife

ou are Welome to MY HOUSE an interesting thread where we all gather to share our experiences as homeowners and tenants and day to day experiences withing our homes.

well am sure there are few agents in the property agents that can help you out but in reality most people always ask for 2yrs very rare to find 1yr. but anyway wish you all the best in ur search.

regards.
Happy easter from all @ Welcome to my house section.
Re: Welcome To My House by jojomywife: 5:22pm On Apr 02, 2010
@ Axeman85

Broff, thanx for your advise. I read through the thread and decided to drop a hint as touching my request. Its quite interesting learning the various neighbourly ordeals people experience. Just meant to let you know I will be grateful if you have any property you could refer to me. FYI: This applies to one and all.

Thanx and have a remarkable Easter.

Cheers mate!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2010
jojomywife:

@ Axeman85

Broff, thanx for your advise. I read through the thread and decided to drop a hint as touching my request. Its quite interesting learning the various neighbourly ordeals people experience. Just meant to let you know I will be grateful if you have any property you could refer to me. FYI: This applies to one and all.

Thanx and have a remarkable Easter.

Cheers mate!

anytime buddy as i sad the guy that helped me out when i needed mine is on nairaland called way&life but since you are in naija, u can call and link up wth him and he might be able to help.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 6:41pm On Apr 02, 2010
ijosede his our person any useful info on good accomodation in good areas.pls i want u to kno that after the initial 2 yrs espires there will be an inceament so my advise is that dont go for the over price location/apartments(u kno come lagos come count bridge rather u no come lag com pay rent).] dont u like ogba"?

jojomywife
u must confess that this is the best thing on NL

House
the new tenant in my compund seems to like my family but something nasty happen to him on thursday, i told him to pack in the compund he refused saying he wants the agent to fix the gate unfortunately his car was vandalised where he packed overnite(the street asso comes to us foe monthly dues i wonder what they are securing)God help us
Re: Welcome To My House by jojomywife: 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2010
@kingboy.

Thanx buddy. Far too kind of you. But whats the request on the Ogba house. Please let me know the specifics of the house if available.
@Axeman85,
I will contact way&life ASAP.

Thanx y'all!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2010
@kingboy

thats sad ooo, if na my own dem no born dem well to come my doorstep for money oo, na hot water i go take bath them. thats very bad and sad sha. abeg any correct joint dey dat area sef, ogba i mean, wey dey sell isiewu, nkwbi, and correct settings ? becos i find i no see ooo

@jojo

i personally didnt meet the guy ooo, as i was uk then so it was my friend thats met him on my behalf and also i spoke to him a couple of times. and kept hassling him as i was controlling things from here. all i am saying is that he might be able to help as i got mine throuh him . i am not saying he is 100% reliable and trustoworthy ooo.

this is a disclaimer oooo. lol but who knows. he might also be able to help you get a good place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Homes Made Of Plastic Bottles And Mud / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria / Price Of Pop Ceiling Material In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.