Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,001 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Welcome To My House - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45456 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 3:27pm On Mar 28, 2010
this light thing is getting interesting atleast my 2 gen are havng the resr of their life,in ogba we have been enjoying the presence of power,i paid nepa 1k for power used last month and gues what i did not complain for the very fist time.
the power thing has gven me the tine to brozse the net at home.this is good news for nigrians or lagosians
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 28, 2010
I was getting ready to corroborate the power story when they dealt with me this evening. hiss. they'd better return it b4 i change my mind! grin
@ masky: all i want is d biggest antelope u can find. i'm beginning to crave home made poundy and egusi :-)

i think i might have overdone my DIY stunts. tried installing an a/c myself this weekend and it ain't working sad . the ac guy down my street no come dey. i think i know what's wrong tho. some styrofoam's still inside the machine itself. will make 2nd attempt tomorrow :-)

lemme be the first to wish y'all a fabulous week ahead :-)
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 7:08am On Mar 29, 2010
Icey, DIY indeed, very soon you'll tell us of your failed attempt to re do the wiring of your house, softly softly o!

masky, Boda segun nko? 2011 o sure fun won o! BTW eran oya mi nko o!

@all, a friend of mine just installed 3.5kva inverter, as if PHCN knew, the gave him 72hrs of uninterrupted power, he had to switch off the meter to use the inverter, shocked grin, i've not had light in my house for the past 2 weeks, such is life!!!!!!!!!! embarassed
have a beautiful week ahead all!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:41am On Mar 29, 2010
@ all

appi nu week ma peeps.feels good to be back.

@ice

DIY is good only if u knw hw sha grin grin. berra pay d installer or u go use open door policy.meanwhile,i bought u a roasted python.just put on ur blutooth and u go get am gbam!

@ijoseda

Boda segun wa pa o.wo n ki yin ni mesan mewa wink wink eran oya n be ni le o.fall in for easter and u go use igi ope pick ur teeth grin grin

me still neva get light o.yesterday na im my gen begin do stunts again.oo su mi o.

nice day y'all
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 7:46am On Mar 29, 2010
ah, sorry to bring this here o!, but can't help it. planning to come to lag soon, went online to book ahead for aero and i saw that flight ticket is going for as low as 3k. eru n ba emi o!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 29, 2010
wetin consain you?

aero sells tickets bought ahead way cheaper. i've never heard of a 3k ticket, but how dat one take consain you? pay jare and print ur something before the price changes o! grin
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:49am On Mar 29, 2010
@icey, your mind too strong, ah ha!, make i pay abi, even if na system error, na them sabi smiley grin
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 9:01am On Mar 29, 2010
ijoseda

guy u dey fall my hand.3k dey fear u? if u wan travel wit 'awon iya mi osoronga airline' na just kolanut dem go collect for first class.abeg book and throway face. grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 29, 2010
ijoseda:

Icey, DIY indeed, very soon you'll tell us of your failed attempt to re do the wiring of your house, softly softly o!

what can i say? i have a curious mind grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 9:58am On Mar 29, 2010
masky

kolanut for 1st class, to which location na?

icey

i'm sure you can remember what curiosity did to TOM!!! swe swe o!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 10:06am On Mar 29, 2010
ice

d curious monkey got a bullet in d u knw where****.u can fill in d gap. wink

@ijoseda

anywhere wherever,no break no jam!
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2010
masky,

did i hear you say drop off is with parachut, lol i mean sky diving grin grin grin announcment from the pilot, we are flying over lagos airspace, passengers can take their parachut, and life jacket and prepare ffor jump off!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 10:32am On Mar 29, 2010
@kingboy

which area for ogba you dey wey light dey all the time, because me dey live for haruna side, just off bolaji taylor, and li no dey not to talk of light. lol

@iceblue

sorry ooo, pele at least your won ac no gree owrk, i ttied installing one myself also and infact i have spoilt the brand new ac, i tried removing the whit packaging that was there not knowing that it is suppose to be dere to stop the cool from going outside. so anyway sha the guy was able to glue it together at least na so so manage i dey manage my 50k investment. lol

@maskuraid

thank God say you arrive safely and well, wetin happen, toll gate don close when you enter lagos abi na aromplane you follow come ? anyway sha even if na aromplane, i hear say dem dey sell bush meat fro duty free. lol. wetin i dey try talk be say were di tins wey u bring come. i mean chops not pangolo ooo.lol

@ijoseda

that one na good news oo, anyway before you fly sha make sure say you wear plenty layers of clothing and make you carry paloil, alligator pepper, 1 kola, 1 bitter kola, and old 1 naira note 5o pieces so you go dey take am appease the gods of the skys until the captain say we are landing in murtala muhammed airport fasten yoursea belt. lol. anyway sha nothing do you 3k na bargain na easter promotion.

@all
Happy new weekt ot all wish you divine favour and unexpected positive blessings this week. including me sef ooo.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 29, 2010
axeman85:

@iceblue

sorry ooo, pele at least your won ac no gree owrk, i ttied installing one myself also and infact i have spoilt the brand new ac, i tried removing the whit packaging that was there not knowing that it is suppose to be dere to stop the cool from going outside. so anyway sha the guy was able to glue it together at least na so so manage i dey manage my 50k investment. lol

oh sheet! grin grin LOL!! i knew someone would give me good advice here! did you say it was the styrofoam inside that you removed? whatever! thank God i haven't tried opening it yet (tho it was def in the schedule shocked) imma look for the technician guy again today.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 11:50am On Mar 29, 2010
ijoseda:

masky

kolanut for 1st class, to which location na?

if you feel so guilty, donate the balance to motherless babies. dem plenty.

anyways, it's good you still have a conscience. i'd be worried too sha - for a few seconds before i push it aside and whip out my card to pay!! at that point my worry will change to "make this price no move an inch until the transaction is done!" tongue tongue
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 29, 2010
maskuraid:

ice

d curious monkey got a bullet in d u knw where****.u can fill in d gap. wink

you're finding my trabble o!! angry angry

this is why we don't have many inventors in this country. we're not risky with our curiousity. look at me for example. na now my own dey start because the time wen i small, if i spoil my papa property, he'll gladly spoil my head/back/legs with cane. alas! i have not the will to invent anything anymore. at least i can still experiment wink wink
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ice
ma binu jare.next stop is for you to take it to anoda level.dismantle ur car or bulldoze d house and start rebuildin from scratch.

inventor l'omo cool cool
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2010
masky donate your car tongue grin
Re: Welcome To My House by megastu(m): 1:27pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ ALL. I never knew this was such an interesting thread until i got inside. Infact i was laughing all the way as i found out that we all face almost the same problems in Lagos. Infact i have even found out now, through this thread that i live in one of the poshest middle class enclave.

WELCOME TO MY HOUSE: I live in thomas estate, Ajah. A very secluded part of thomas estate. In fact it is called Thomas GRA.  Immediately you veer off from the expressway into my estate gate, you will think you are not in Lagos. Everywhere is sooooo calm, the only people you see outside are probably maiguards just hanging together infront of someone's house. In my estate, there is no commercial activity of whatever sort, nothing is allowed, not even sale of pure water. Coming down to my exact house- its a four flat compond built on two plots of land, so there is enough parking space for even 10 cars. Whenever there is a party, we do not need to go hire venue, we just use our compound. As for the maiguard same story all the time '' Oga i wan go village" and they never come back. As for pumping machine, we have been lucky, it doesnt go bad.

The only issue i have is the noise of Generators when there is no light. Its really crazy. It doesnt make me sleep at night. Light ought to be good in the area, but i understand our transformer has a major problem due to over load. Each flat has a minimum of 4 airconditioners, so you can imagine.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ice

u can have yar'adua to experiment with(at least what the saudi butchers left).d car will follow.

@megatsu

u are not qualified to be on this thread since u don't live in lagos.anywhere wey pple no dey sell pure water no be naija again sef grin grin.since u don't have any of the problems we havta contend with,its only fair that d noise of generating sets(IPPs i call them) keep u awake.d rich also cry na,abi how u see am?u pple no try at all.at least 4 acs??na cold room una dey operate?? efcc must look into dis ASAP. shocked shocked
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2010
@megatsu

welcome to the house, you are highly welcomed. ol boy you try thomas lou loun.
i remembered when i had to go for my friends back eve in that area around badore . jesu kristi,  it was hell as the journey seems to never end as it was very very far coupled with the traffic before getting to that toll gate. return leg was worse, if i was going to ibadan i for don go and come back sef.  anyway good to hear say u dey enjoy the area, most houses for dere na newly built so all go still dey intact.

@ice

hmmm styrofoam abi na foam i no sabo that one all i know is that it is that white packaging wey dem dey use pack electronics for side so e no go damage na im i wan force break wey i nearly spoil am. e better make you call ac man to fix am, the one wey do my own sef i know say him gba me well well, and e bought a stabilizer 5k watt for 13k becos of the bad ligh and low current for my area, anytime the thing dey regulate, he just dey spark and i don call the guy but he say na so e dey do make i no worry. i just hope say na so e be because if di thing spoil or damage my prperty him go know say i no be nice or correct man at all say me sef na original kolo person. lol
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2010
@maskuraid

i second that motion on ice and megatsu as well.

for my compound na the aboki dey gossip to me say haa, correct oga say allmy thing for house na new new. lol. and also apart from my landlord and me nobody sef get ac for house wey dey work. lol. smiley but ac sef i no dey enjoy as light too low to even carry stabilizer not to talk of bulb before ac. lol. anyway sha na only me never get car but i go soon get so them must create parking space for me. and i just dey laugh as we go fight tire, i dey come house late and dey commot late, so either dem create special parkiing space for me or dem cope with am. me wey 3gp water tank collapse filled with water, everybody commot for housse go check, na only me no show face, dey inside house dey sleep, when full current dey, ac dey blow. lol
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ice,

Why trying to install(?) a new a/c all by yourself. It's advisable that you  get a good technician to fix such, as DIY will definitely jeorpadise the warranty on such item.

@Masq, sorry that i did not reply you all this while, I was bereaved (lost my sister). The guy's name is Bayo- 08065970653. Hope you still have my bread from your journey? grin.

With all the praises I've been showering on them lately, these PHCN dudes dealt with us over the weekend - imagine the guy just switched off the light, locked up the office and probably travelled to his village with the keys grin. Ended up burning all the diesel that I've not used since. Anyway it was restored this morning as I was about leaving for work, just hope the light will still be there by the time I get home or else. . . . . . . grin

@all, enjoy the rest of your day and do have a wonderful week.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:02pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ilugun

sorry for ur loss,my condolences.bread na small thing,bush meat yapa for house make u just fall in grin grin

thanks for d number.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2010
Ilugunboy: my heartfelt condolences. God knows best.

I don gree say ah go call the man naw. even me sef know where to match brake for curiosity.
megastu you're very welcome, but masky is quite right. you don't live in nigeria sef. nonetheless all na house, so pls share.

gee all this dust is quite annoying. giving me extra washing to do. and i like my ventilation so i hardly ever shut my windows.

masky me sef get correct carpenter but i no get their phone no :-)
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2010
@ilugunboy

pls accept my condolences ooo.

@ice

sister which one be carfenter again, na furniture maker we dey find jare. wey go make correct chair and dinning. lol.

@ilugunboy

in naija for now , nothing good last long. lol. eya sorry pele na wao u sef harsh ooo, na im be say u dey store diesel for house, you dey prepare for scarcity ? lol, anyway at least you take opportunity warm your gen up. lol.

@all

have a good night rest and till tomorow to hear about your nights. lol. i no wan hear say mosquito bite ooo, or maskuraid dey flog you for sleep ooo. lol.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:05am On Mar 30, 2010
mornin peeps

@axeman
which kain bad name u wan give me?i dey flog anybody for afternoon talkless of for dream?(koboko is hereby discounted) grin grin.sofry sofry b4 i vex.those winches wen comot for icey dem transformer go fall in for una area.

@all
rained in some places yesterday.i guess if it does enof times this dust thingy will eventually wash outta d skies.

nice days y'all
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2010
@ axeman: no vex na furniture guy. make i ask my sis whether she get their no. They're VERY good and prices are quite reasonable. Na one oyibo guy wey never get naija's mean streak.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 30, 2010
Thanks you guys for all the kind words. Really it's not been easy, but with God am getting stronger. She was my mother in the true meaning of the word and the rallying point for the entire family.

@Masky, maybe I should upload my sofas and dining set to convince you of the guy's ability shey? grin

@axeman, I no dey store diesel for house that much, I was referring the content inside the Generator itself that was not used for a long time. BTW diesel is not really that inflammable when compared to petrol.

@ice, oyinbo ke? are you sure the prices will not be quoted in forex? grin
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 10:40am On Mar 30, 2010
@ice

a very good morning to you mysister, and i sure say u sleep well. thats good, since na oyinbo i trust say him go fit do the job to a very good standard, and also you sure na na correct oyinbo and no be afin ooo (albino). anyway make u enjoy ur day for work.

@maski

maski baba, haba i no say u no dey flog person for sleep, anyway if u like send all dem winch for lagos transformer go my area, i no mind as i currently no dey lagos and were i dey na 24/7day light dey no shaking, mega full current. so for now you are free to exercise your constitutional powers. lol. but just for limited time. as dem better dissaper b4 i land toehrwise na fire for fire. ooo.

@iliugunboy

yes oo e go better make you upload you dining table oo make we for see him abilitites and also make sister ice also upload pixs of her sofa or dinning table wey di guy do make we for take choose. ooo. as i wan person wey go fit do correct settee and dinning table for me.

whith the one inside gallon or inside tank at least u don use am. no worry i go bring the nepa guy come from vllage to come bring light, i go take palmine wine and bush meat with alligator pepper bring am come. lol.

@all

have a good morning at work. as for me i still dey house. time for work never reach. smiley
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 11:55am On Mar 30, 2010
@ilugun
upload ma guy.a pix i berra than a million words wink wink

@ice
oyinbo man go collect oyinbo pay o.problem be say na black man dough we still dey earn(shey u code) wink wink

@axe
guy u berra offer apology.my 'airforce' personnel fit reach u anywhere,gba!all round network l'omo joo.btw,which kain thing b dis sef?u dey house dey flex while we dey sweat for office.na nightwatchman u be forward ur explanation why efcc should not be sniffing ur behind real soon.

2day's wifey's b'day o.anybody wey wan come is CORDIALLY invited.time is 12midnite and gate fee is just 1k dollapos,anything above 10k will be donated to my bank account.grab ur tickets nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 12:34pm On Mar 30, 2010
@masky baba

for where oyinbo man sef fit collect black man money oo, so no shaking. afterall once na quality him produce na di koko be dat. lol no i no be night watchman ooo. i just dey relax for house jare. because by the time me i dey finish work dey come back house, you for don dey sleep, or still dey relax drink unwinde wht bottle of star or guiness. lol. efcc for where. dem must be kokings. when bigger fishes dey to fry. my own fish go hook dem for throat. lol. make you cook well well ooo becos na ur house i go chop, breakfast, lunsh and dinner together. so i dey fast till wen i enter your house. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Homes Made Of Plastic Bottles And Mud / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria / Price Of Pop Ceiling Material In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.