Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,092 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Welcome To My House - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45458 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 23, 2010
masky i dey o! *shouts from somewhere underneath a pile of work* grin

welcome netotse. abeg give us abuja gist.

kingboy: i think you scared ijoseda away with this your scorpion gist. he hasn't posted anything ever since shocked tongue tongue
LOL @ ur female single neighbour. i see neighbour dating like dating at work. don't shat where u eat, don't shat where u sleep.

axeman: pele o! big reason why i'm not fond of patronising nairalanders, and am happy whenever someone comes highly recommended (like bisowo's inverter guy)

masky: bad tile job? sorry, but i did warn ya tongue
no mind the fog jare. washed some clothes last night and guess what? they were all dry by this morning! PLUS the temperature dropped during the night. y'all remember it happened a few years back? 2005 i think.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 9:12am On Mar 23, 2010
ice,

no work weapon fashioned against u shall prosper.jump and pass in JESUS name grin grin hope u rmba to shack small oil sha make engine no go knock wink wink.for d tile thingy yeah yeah u told me so.thank God it wasnt too serious so i can still afford to scratch it and re do as soon as i get another reasonable person.u can bet eyes will be opened now shocked shocked

ijoseda has gone dancin round town jare.gidi's much too attractive to stay away from.m sure he'll soon be 'here' live in livin colour.

enjoy
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2010
^^^ speaking of jump and pass, abeg come and collect ur witches from my transformer. the light we've been getting no just make sense. now low, now high. sad sad
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2010
@house,

sorry for going AWOL all this while. It's been pretty hectic lately in my office.

@Icey,

I will like to add one very important considerations to that check list.

1. Check and ensure that the Landlord/Landlady does not live solely on the income from the house rent.

Mine works in Exxon-Mobil and surely place little reliance on the rent-income. He was really careful and selective in the type of tenants. He went through our profile before zeroing on me for the apartment. The family living above me went through the same process.

2. Number of Neigbours.

Huge numbers of neigbours is always a source of potential friction in any house. I always believe that the max number should not exceed 4 families in the compound. All these Onitsha type of buildings are definetly out of it for any peace loving person. We are just 3 or should I just say 2, since my Landlord Duplex is completely fenced off from our side of the building and we share vitrually nothing. We have separate entry gates, so it's just me and my neigbour (fantastic family I must admit). The funny thing is that we share so many things in common that is really unsual. I went to the same secondary school with the husband and wifey went to the same secondary school with his wife, we all happened to be chartered accountants and all from the same town. shocked grin

BTW, What is happening with the weather? Any one with any info on this phenomenon.

The generator went kaput yesterday night, but the Inverter came to the rescue before PHCN decided to restore power in the middle of the night. Another round of wahala coming with the artisans grin
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ilugun

welcome from d 'lungu'. very true about landlord havin anoda means of income.mine is a director wit d punch n'papers.lets just say bein educated is a plus in landlords.at least it makes em more selective and rational in their decisions and choices.as per nos of neighbours everybody knows the fewer the better cheesy cheesy.if i want 'gogbo ero' ,i'd go back to my family house/barracks. grin grin

as per d weather,wat we have is dust from the sahara thats trapped under dis cold blanket of air thats causin the haze.forget all dis 'horror' story of acid rain pple r peddlin abt.

artisans are just soo annoyin.funny thing is most of them would be bigger and better in terms of business volume if only they clean up their acts a little.God'll help us sha.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 2:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
@ ice

in how many languages do i have to tell u dat u need to shell out some pepper for consultancy before i give u d password to eradicate those witches?

pay up or prepare ur mind for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong stay grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 23, 2010
^^^^ at least five tongue tongue
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 23, 2010
maskuraid:

artisans are just soo annoyin.funny thing is most of them would be bigger and better in terms of business volume if only they clean up their acts a little.God'll help us sha.

it's just sad. a little integrity, you know? and there is no better advertising medium than word of mouth. it's just sad that no one can come here and say 'mr so and so is great at his job, keeps to time, acts like a professional and will charge you a fair price'. i wouldn't mind paying the transport cost of such a person to fix stuff for me. i think for them, there's no dignity in menial labour and that's too bad. they've got a bad attitude the lot of them. they don't try to improve themselves or anything. i just feel sorry for them, cos they'll never know how much more income they could be making with a little honesty and diligence.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2010
ye mu ego,bani kudi,funmi l'owo,gimme dough,parume e kobo.

five languages and countin(igbo,hausa,yoruba,english,igede) cool cool.need i go on?
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 6:02pm On Mar 23, 2010
ijoseda
i am very sory if i scare you,i just want to be a bit spiritual, for if you do all these list without the spiritual aspect it wont worth the energy and time by the way we all want ya bak in the house(hope thats cool)

power in my area has been in its max of 220-240v since we switched to the new smaller transformer(1 transfoemer = 2/3 buildings).

all dem artisan to me were coursed on their graduation , or do i need to say freedom day because of some oga wit unforgiven spirit.my carpenter disappear wit my money and dinning table without a trace thinking he is different from the rest of them(i was totally proved wrong.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2010
hello peeps, just descending from the mountain, this type does not go except thru prayer and fasting, i don get odechi reloaded. prayer contractors needed o! fee very attractive!
@kingboy, if any landlord bury scorpion or cow for my sake, i go show am say the son of the most high God was also buried for may sake too, power pass power!
axeman! axeman!! axeman!!! how many tines did i call you?, no 'fashion' weaponed aganist you shall prosper o!!! ma wo oju uche o!
i don confuse sef! yaba, gbagada, magodo, ogudu, alaka surulere, iponrin surulere, Help!!!!!!!!!
for PH here na so so high tension cable dey fall everyday o! one fell about 6weeks ago killing about 50 people, about 4 fell last week and nobody die!!! what happened A. ppl donn get odechi b. nobody was around the area c. ppl don wise up d. God don take control,
first to send in the correct answer wins a freshly prepare boooleee+epa+fish.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:55am On Mar 24, 2010
@ijoseda

option 'e': tension wen dey pple body high pass d one wen dey nepa cable,na so e do back to sender.
send my consignment fast fast,no stories at all. grin grin

p.s na me win d prayer premiership.employ me now and ur prayer life will never remain d same again!GRAB UR COPY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 24, 2010
LWKM!! grin grin

masky, making a pass at my bolee ba?

ijoseda:

i don confuse sef! yaba, gbagada, magodo, ogudu, alaka surulere, iponrin surulere, Help!!!!!!!!!

remember the idea of doing research before getting to lagos is to give you an idea of the price range for the different locations. someone said that you shouldn't pay for a house u haven't inspected yet, so calm down smiley. next step is to open google maps, locate VI, then these different locations you've been coming across, and after doing your comparison (distance vs.price) we can tell you where the hold up nightmares are, water issues, power, et cetera, you get? but generally people will pick different locations for different reasons and the best approach is always to have an open mind and ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS wink wink. good luck to ya. when do you fall into our area?
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 9:09am On Mar 24, 2010
[quote][/quote]

wey ya particulars? grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 9:11am On Mar 24, 2010
[masky, making a pass at my bolee ba?]

wey ya particulars? grin grin

(i bind all evil keyboards in Jesus name)
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 1:06pm On Mar 24, 2010
masky, na you win the booleee o!!!!!!!!! one of my pregnant clients read the post, she wan enter labor strait!!!ETFPMK (erin ti fe pa mi ku!) chei,
@icey, all these place i've mention have their own pros and cons, i think i'll be a little more organised now. but i don try sef, out of all the areas wey dey for lag, i don narrow am to about 7,
@prayer contractor, going,
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2010
ijoseda:

masky, na you win the booleee o!!!!!!!!! one of my pregnant clients read the post, she wan enter labor strait!!!ETFPMK (erin ti fe pa mi ku!) chei,
@icey, all these place i've mention have their own pros and cons, i think i'll be a little more organised now. but i don try sef, out of all the areas wey dey for lag, i don narrow am to about 7,
@prayer contractor, going,

no be masky??

what areas did you narrow down to?
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2010
as far as m concerned.i dont know what you guys are talkin about grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by Emperoh(m): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2010
ijoseda
praise thy Lord,u r bac 4rm d moutain atleast my warning took you to the mountain tops the bible says no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper and , i have this psalm that my family sings (psalm 25:1-2) unto thee o Lord do i , its a great day enjoy
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 25, 2010
Emperoh:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

werrin?
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 11:01am On Mar 25, 2010
norrin much grin grin grin

my brain is almost smokin from tryin to 'strategize' where makachukwu go come from to finish dis project o.somebody help. grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 25, 2010
i'm happy to announce that the witches got tired of failing and have gone grin
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 9:07am On Mar 26, 2010
@ice

its only for 'easter' break.

they'll be back,bigger,better,stronger! grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2010
na wao.

well my own landlord na corrrect guy sha, the man na custom officer but e be like say na junior officer sha. but he is ok and reasonable and level headed as he has alos lived abroad and mentality is tottally different from most naija typical landlord. lol

well the plumber and co tennats told me say the man sef like faaji, di man dey smoke, drink and womanise BUT im no dey do am for tennant wife ooo. and e better that way becase if him devil go push am mess me with i go tell am say me sef i dey kolo well wel and say i get friends wey senior am for military sha. but nevertheless, i dey watch myself, i no dey too familiarise myself with am. na just good morning, good afternoon, and when we jam for gate talk for 5mins. or when i see am dey come i hide face like say i no see am. lol

thanks ooo, sister, the guy just chop my 60k go like that as the generator na serious nightmare jare, but i no want enter this inverter issue as if light no dey person go come dey carry battery go battery charger so, i go just kukuma repair he thing jare dey rough am until when i build my own house come buy very BIG MIKANO gen. lol. so for now na management level. lol

@all

i hear say some areas for lagos now don dey enjoy correct serious light ooo, say the light na vry full current and say them no dey take am again at all, and even if dem take am sef na for just mabie 1 or 2hrs. pls make una come give testimony ooo.?

for those wey no go come here again till onday. make una enjoy una weekend and make una jolly well well. no drink too much, no eat too much, and also no drink and drive. peace.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 11:46am On Mar 26, 2010
@axeman

as per dat light issue,there's some truth to it.v been seein light anyhow in some usually 'nepa forsaken' areas these days o.d irony is dt for my own side i have not seen light at all for more than 3wks now.i guess ours is a special transformer case sha grin grin.

wknd is already in d air.i'll be off to ekiti for a cross country groove dis weekend but definitely will bring gist come monday.

@ all

anybody here got contacts for a 'certified' furniture guy
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2010
@maskuraid

henhen na wao thats good, anyway election is round the corner smiley as per you area mabie enemies wey no like better thing dey dat ur area just like my area wey dem no wan gree contribute 5k each make dem take reapir road. suprisingly enough even some god forsaken landlord sef no wan dey cooperate oo. lol. anyway i don dey bind themto the lake of fire by the BLOOD OF JESUS!!!!!!. lol

take am easy for ekiti oo make u come back in one piece. . anyway enjoy ur grrove and make u buy dodo ikire and ikpekere come ooo, with eyin awo. lol

as per furniture guy me sef dey fine one wey good wel well ooo. imagine saw one on here for nairaland for property section dey give me quote of 450k naira for just i think 1 3 seeter, 1 2 seater and then 1 1 seater , minus centre table and side tables oo. imagine. he calls himself experts .

anyway i don ask am make he post photos of the ones of 150k to 200k.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 3:28pm On Mar 26, 2010
@masky, you sound so much like a friend of mine, akinyemi, incidentally too he has connections with ekiti, anyways e ba wa ki boda segun o!
@ axey, make i no drink and drive, even coca cola!!!!!!!!!!haba
@all, enjoy una weekend o!!! cash ya later,
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 3:48pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ijoseda

i mean too much alcohol ooo. but i know say na oju ejeee people dey take drive nowadays, especially for terrible hold ups. lol.

enjoy ya weekend.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2010
@all,

this light jamboree is quiet true in my area ooo. We have been "warming" the generator every other 2 days so that the battery will not go flat. The light has refused even to blink and am worried grin cheesy.

@masky, this my furniture guy is one person I can really vouch for, very good and charges are quiet sensible. If you are interested; you can get him on this phone line - 08065970653
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 4:44pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ilugun

got d number,wat of his name?? m sure he will be quality cos u no dey carry wowo babe grin grin.hope his charges will not send me back to liberia sha?
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 4:53pm On Mar 26, 2010
@ijoseda

akin na d name of d guy wen snatch my ex from me,if i find out say na ur friend walahi talahi muttalab go find u come PH.

@axe

i go buy everything wen i see for road come o,even roasted snake sef grin grin.no worry ,i no go do 'lau lau ' make i no go 'wounjure' for abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Homes Made Of Plastic Bottles And Mud / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria / Price Of Pop Ceiling Material In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.