Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (38997 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Ayinke93(f): 12:46am On Oct 02, 2017
Smiles...
kimbraa:
A pained bìtch who obviously couldn't pass JAMB but had no choice than to end up with an OND.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by tosyne2much(m): 12:49am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
A pained bìtch who obviously couldn't pass JAMB but had no choice than to end up with an OND.
I just find it hard to believe that you've been the one making such ridiculous comments on this thread..shocked Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by decodams(m): 12:50am On Oct 02, 2017
The issue is with you first, are you really determined to school again, what can your friend offer you, what are your plans for yourself , all these determines your action and choices
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Akuruoulo(m): 12:51am On Oct 02, 2017
If Mariage Is Part Of Ur Agenda Finish Ur School First, Be4 Thinkn Of Money. U Nid Money Tho, And U Have A Business That Can Help U Finish Ur Studies. Remember Is Just 2 Years Left. Education First Saves Future "mostly For Ladies". A Man May Go After Money First Bekus Of Family Issue (say To Take Care Of The Family Financially "be It His Own Or The Late Parents Own")
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
I just find it hard to believe that you've been the one making such ridiculous comments on this thread..shocked Haba! I place you on a very high rank nah. All your comments are not befitting to someone of your status undecided

You guys don't like being told the truth. grin

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by thesuave10(m): 12:52am On Oct 02, 2017
fatymore:
Whatever you might think I have... Nobody is ready to be stagnant forever. Even if you are a Bsc holder.. You still have the thirst for further qualifications.. My only beef is your comparison.. Thanks and have a goodnight rest

You dey mind that stupid girl. grin. There's nothing she knows in this life grin

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by thesuave10(m): 12:54am On Oct 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
I just find it hard to believe that you've been the one making such ridiculous comments on this thread..shocked Haba! I place you on a very high rank nah. All your comments are not befitting to someone of your status undecided

This one feels like a ranker. If you placed her at a high rank then you're lower than hell grin grin
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by tosyne2much(m): 12:57am On Oct 02, 2017
thesuave10:

This one feels like a ranker. If you placed her at a high rank then you're lower than hell grin grin
Seriously, I've never thought her reasoning could be that shallow and degrading. It's funny how someone would think that life only revolves around a piece of paper in this era when ordinary illiterates are employing graduates

6 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by thesuave10(m): 12:59am On Oct 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
Seriously, I've never thought her reasoning could be that degrading. It's funny how someone would think that life only revolves around a piece of paper in this era when ordinary illiterates are employing graduates

I have seen her stupidity since and the worst part the girl is still an undergraduate undecided haha haha chai grin. All these kids sef. Sha one day she'll grow up

7 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by dont8(m): 1:01am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
You're telling me about being myopic but obviously you're the myopic one who can't see beyond his nose. No wonder when some people get polytechnic admission they jubilate like they were given admision into one of the IV League universities in Nigeria. grin Funny enough, you don't know a cap is placed on you. Do/did the children of your lecturers attend the same school as you do/did?. The answer is NO 'cause they know it's a waste of their precious time.
You don't know anything about education, so it's better you keep quite so you can retain some level of intelligence to people (no pun intended) . For your info, a Tech Company would easily outsource an HND holder to a degree holder and like I said, your HND/BSc is a means to an end and not the end itself, ciao.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by tosyne2much(m): 1:03am On Oct 02, 2017
thesuave10:

I have seen her stupidity since and the worst part the girl is still an undergraduate undecided haha haha chai grin. All these kids sef. Sha one day she'll grow up
Is it that she thinks that life is automatically an easy ride for you just because you hold a degree?

I think reality will throw her to caution when she graduates from school and sees what people are really facing in this nation, unless maybe she has someone that will help her cut corners

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Akuruoulo(m): 1:04am On Oct 02, 2017
How May I Give U A Private Advice. Am Sure It Wil Help U More
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by thesuave10(m): 1:04am On Oct 02, 2017
dont8:
You don't know anything about education, so it's better you keep quite. For your info, a Tech Company would easily outsource an HND holder to a degree holder and like I said, your HND/BSc is a means to an end and not the end itself, ciao.

Lol did she just say IV league in Nigeria? undecided haha hahaha grin . na her village contribute money for her make she go school grin

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by pocohantas(f): 1:08am On Oct 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
Seriously, I've never thought her reasoning could be that shallow and degrading. It's funny how someone would think that life only revolves around a piece of paper in this era when ordinary illiterates are employing graduates.

E pain you ba? When you dey show your religious bigotry on any thread that concerns muslims, you surprise people too... grin grin

The comparison is absurd though...very shocking.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by dont8(m): 1:10am On Oct 02, 2017
thesuave10:

Lol did she just say IV league in Nigeria? undecided haha hahaha grin . na her village contribute money for her make she go school grin
Na Naija Football League cheesy, I don tire for her matter joor, worst part be say; she no realize say she no dey make sense, make I go sleep before the gate keeper of sleep go ask for my BSc before sleeping angry

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by tosyne2much(m): 1:11am On Oct 02, 2017
Ayinke93:
I would have taken your comments a lil bit serious if u were a graduate with a very good paying job or at least an undergraduate who has seen life outside what her uncles and parents told her....go prepare for your post jamb lil girl.
You shouldn't expect much from someone that is still being fed by her parents nah? cheesy You wouldn't expect such comments from someone who has seen more to life but only from a person with a shallow and limited worldview

The comments are highly ridiculous, I must say

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by NickD(m): 1:13am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

Thanks and God bless you my dear friend. I know say me I be all weather even if na to wash plate, me I can. So far it's legit... I can. Shebi make I find way travel Abi? Since the money dey my hand now so that I no go give in to pressure of joining HND AS form Don dey close. embarassed
Why travel out when u have a successful business over here? Your friend could be luring u into prostitution. Trust no human being. Do ur HND while still doing your business.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by dont8(m): 1:15am On Oct 02, 2017
tosyne2much:
You shouldn't expect much from someone that is still being fed by her parents nah? cheesy You wouldn't expect such comments from someone who has seen more to life. You can only hear such from someone from a shallow and limited worldview

The comments are highly ridiculous, I must say
Ridiculous and insensitive on her part, does she know the sacrifice and years it takes to attain such feat, smh.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Kajiang02(m): 1:15am On Oct 02, 2017
I hope this isn't coming late. Pls kill that thought of Dubai, except it's for holidays or shopping for goods for your business.
Further your studies and build your customer base, you can definitely combine both. Do not drop any for the other.
Going back for HND may be better if that's where your customers are, but you could take the pains to do a Bsc either in ekpoma or Benin, it's just because of the Nigerian factor.
For the other lady talking on the Bsc/Hnd thing and comparison with SSCE, I wouldn't want to believe she's got a brain the size of a grain. I believe this would be a discussion for another day.

Cheers.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by tosyne2much(m): 1:16am On Oct 02, 2017
pocohantas:

When you dey show your religious bigotry on any thread that concerns muslims, you surprise people too... grin grin

The comparison is absurd though...very shocking.
Hehehe.. Me and those Muslim ehn! We go still meet against sha cheesy

Back to the issue, it's very ridiculous that someone will be uttering those outrageous comments in a bid to insult and demean the carries of those certificates. I mean it doesn't just make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Vutseck(m): 1:16am On Oct 02, 2017
@ Confused977

As somebody who stays abroad my only advice to you is this...

abroad is not favourable to immigrant single ladies except you are coming to engage in prostitution

a guy can engage in any kind of odd jobs on like a lady

another serious wahala is finding a man of your choice to settle down with cus every guy around you will not believe you don't engage in prostitution I one way or the other

abroad is only good for a lady if she is coming on her husband's invitation

all I see is desperation on your side which you will later regret if you make such attempt
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 1:29am On Oct 02, 2017
The good ol' "get out of Nigeria" clause.

Like I always say.. the less the better. If 20% of Nigerian youths could leave Nigeria and go anywhere do anything.

Imagine what the rest who remain can do with the opportunities here.

We need to encourage them. Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Myanmar, South-Sudan, Libya, US,UK, .. we need to encourage them to travel.

The less the better.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by mcafeez: 1:39am On Oct 02, 2017
I studied abroad and here I am in naija running my small biz... If you have the capita to sponsor yourself schooling abroad you can go ahead.. if all the money you have is to just take you abroad only, please do not try it at all.... You never knew what your friend is doing over there.... if she's in US fine you can try to go... any other country apart from U.S do not take shiiit from anyone... with the income you get daily, please do not allow your friend to lure you into countries in europe or dubai, or lybia or south africa or any stupid country.... life is not easy in those countries.. I have been to few countries, I studied in the U.K and i can tell you that once you done with your studies you are coming back home and there are certain hours job you can get.... I will advise you to stay back and make your business strong even more... Bags, shoes and other wears are made in Nigeria today and i am sure you even know better... being a great enterprenuer is a good thing.... Wherever your friend is, she gonna good need about you in the future, my small advise...thanks... PM for more advise

Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I had to drop out of school cus I couldn't pay bills and my older siblings were still struggling, so I got a job. I worked as a cleaner say for 2 years and I was able to save up something and enrolled for WAEC AND GCE and I passed. I tried my first admission it didn't so the second year someone told me to try a Polytechnic and fortunately I got admitted. I joined school but I kept working and I saved up some bucks and at the end of my ND at federal poly Auchi my G. P was 3.40 yes! I cried for joy.
I. T (Industrial Training) started and I felt it would make more sense If I could start something little within my environment. Since I knew a lot about female bags and wears I held on to the idea and started. My customer base grew as I went from department to department showing and convincing the "big girls" in school about my goods. I approached just anybody so long you female. I kept moving at that pace until I was heavily sought after. My room became my boutique.
Why I am confused now
All glory to God I have been able to establish a good relationship with people who sale to me on credit which allows me own varieties and sell more.
1. Not to exaggerate, I make a minimum of 40 to 45k a month as my own.
2. I ain't rich but I think I am comfortable for a young lady of my age. I will be 24 3rd October.
I focused more on my business and I didn't join my mates for the HND session. My reason was; after school now, I go carry certificate they Waka up and down. Make I kuku use this small money wey I don save use am run my business first as I thought school can wait. could I be wrong?

# I have a course mate who traveled overseas after our ND and she has been encouraging me to come over since I could afford the travel expenses (not to lie, I was considering this also which made me forget going back for my HND.)
Now my question is if you were me would you go back to school? I am of the opinion that schooling in Nigeria without a good back up could leave me frustrated after graduation. No job.
# if you were me would you just continue with your business and open up a shop or would you travel out, get a job and go to school there?
Pls advice Me as I would be turning 24 in no time and I am JUST CONFUSED embarassed I have the feeling that any decision I make at this point would either make or destroy me permanently. Pls help a sister embarassed
Should I go back to school? cus my dad always wanted me to get an education but I feel I should be able to know what works as times have changed.
Pls I am open to any form of advice. God bless.
Cc. Lalasticlala, seun or any mod. I'd appreciate if you can move it to the right section or where it could get a wider view. Thanks
Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4
I can't really remember usernames embarassed
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 1:40am On Oct 02, 2017
I live abroad - Canada, I have lived in the UK - London too for few years before moving to Canada. When I moved, I processed to come with my wife here in Canada. This narration is to let you know that immigration to any country of your choice is the easiest ever but based on different grounds. I have a genuine advice for you, but you may have to answer the following 2 questions.

1. What country is your friend trying to let you in? Modified: I read you noted that she is in Dubai, that answered.
2. On what ground of immigration application, in other words, what is the immigration type?

Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by bola09: 1:43am On Oct 02, 2017
You are what you know and not what you have so, education is very important. You have already demonstrated entrepreneurship so, continue to learn the act of doing business. Be truthful in your dealings with others; it will not bring you instant gratification but it will serve you well in life.
So, if I were you, I will combine the business with education even if it takes you longer time to complete your studies. On the business, use it as a stepping stone and, keep your eyes on the ground for opportunities. If you work hard and you are honest, it will come.
Assuming you are able to migrate with residential papers that afford you a full immigrant privileges, perhaps you may have a contending alternative. Any other 'traveling abroad' option is likely to waste your talents and focus and, may lead to unmitigated suffering.
I am willing g to speak with you if you wish.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by agabaI23(m): 1:44am On Oct 02, 2017
I am 98% sure that you will be into prostitution in Dubai.
Please don't go. If you must go abroad finish your education.

You can continue with your biz while in school. You said you have earned the trust of your suppliers abd they can give you credit, exploit that.

2 years will be gone before you finish cleaning your make up.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Respecter(f): 1:52am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

So you advice I keep doing what I am doing and look out for a university or continue with the polytechnic?
yes. And when you have saved something that can see you through university, you can enroll as a direct entry student since you have your Nd already.my point is that you should forget about traveling for now and focus on your business since it is moving.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by iHart(m): 1:53am On Oct 02, 2017
You registered on Nairaland on Oct 1, opened a thread the same day and it hit the FP. Something must be wrong somewhere!!!!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Princemulla(m): 2:00am On Oct 02, 2017
fatymore:
dont get that emboldened part. HND same as SSCE.. What sort of comparison is that... Has HND been downgraded so low like that... Would have been better if you say Bsc is more valued than HND

If i heard him correctly he said "as important as" which means both are valued more at each level....just as first school leaving is as important as ssce than Junior school certificate.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Ajegun: 2:15am On Oct 02, 2017
I think,you should go back to school for your HND,and continue your bag selling business alongside.Since,you have the strong customer base and clients that gives you goods on credit based on trust.The option of traveling abroad should be well verify? Where are you traveling to?What is the visa processing mode?What are you going for?What is your friend doing over there?How sure and legitimate is the promise offer? Think clearly about this.Otherwise i wish you the very best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing / Nigerians In Diaspora Support Mechanic Blessing, Abuja Female Mechanic (Pics) / Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.