Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (38984 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / I Am Confused: Please Advise Me! / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Waterway: 2:16am On Oct 02, 2017
My advise....

1) Focus on your business and grow it. Attend classes on entrepreneurship. Focus on delivering quality to your customers at competitive price. Seek for an outlet/partnership overseas (UK , Europe, US) to market your product. Your age puts you at an advantage that you know the demographics that will grow your business. Bill Gates did not finish college, started in his garage and now he is top three richest in world

2) Education , yes can wait. When your business is large enough you now have option of employing professional to run while you start something else or head to University anywhere in world. Trust me Harvard Univ will love you with that background.

3) Don't succumb to pressure from parents/family pushing education first before business.. Look around the world most successful business/designers were not due to the degrees attained but recognizing untapped opportunities......grow ur biz girl!
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by whitering: 2:18am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

God bless you Bro and thanks for taking your time to read.
Firstly, I have really been on the travel section and I have read the pains of been an illegal immigrant. So If traveling turns out best then it's either I patiently follow due process or nothing.
Secondly bro no naaa I ain't desperate I am just weighing the options before me. I am only scared of going broke and like I keep reading here, no MAN WANTS A BROKE ASS. Now, Should I go back to school, what guarantee do I have I will get a job after school ? As I do not know anyone in "High places" if that doesn't pawn out well then who go gree give me money to start business again. Abeg who?
Remember
I said the money I have now, once I register for school will only be used totally for payment of bills I.e accommodation, school fees and so on... Please check it again and see what ur opinion is finally. Thanks.
Know only God in the high places. Then you are settled for life.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by linearity: 2:20am On Oct 02, 2017
I will advise you should go to school. There is always opportunities to travel abroad.

It's kool that you are able to manage your business along with school. Even with an income of 40k/month, you can afford to hire an employee of two, who can be doing the heavy lifting of the business while you devote a little more time to schooling...by the time you graduate, you will be an employer of labor and can travel to anywhere in the world for vacation.

Don't travel abroad with a visitors visa or any non working visa, when your intents is to stay there permanently or take up employment...it is not a joyful thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Princemulla(m): 2:22am On Oct 02, 2017
My dear, from experience and stories, traveling out is not as easy as washing plates and cleaning for people to make money, for guys we do undo(s) and for woman prostitution is not too far, that's 95% of both guys/ladies over there as far as you have no sound qualifications in education....my advice is, since you're making it here with your business kindly seek for ideas and advice from well established people in that line of business and expand your business first then you can see yourself through any level of education you want or better still push both at once.... FORGET ABOUT TRAVELLING OUT FOR NOW AND REMEMBER YOU'RE NOT TOO SURE OF VISA APPROVAL YET.

AND, i really admire your dreams and how humble you're to seek for such advice cus not everyone can do this! I'm a new Nairalander tho
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by victorioushands: 2:24am On Oct 02, 2017
YOU WOULD BE MAKING THE WORST MISTAKE OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU TAKE THE LITTLE MONEY YOU HAVE GATHERED TO FOLLOW SOME WOMAN OR MAN TO OVERSEA ON HEARSAY. YOU WILL SURELY BECOME A PROSTITUTE TO SURVIVE BECAUSE THE LITTLE YOU HAVE WILL FINISH AND NO ONE - I REPEAT NO ONE - WILL HELP YOU FOR FREE. TO GET WORK ABROAD IS NOT AS PEOPLE SAY EVEN IN EUROPE, AMERICA, CANADA OR AUSTRALIA - NOT TO TALK OF ASIA WHERE THERE IS NO WORK FOR MEN AND WOMEN'S WORK THERE IS SEX TRADE. GET A SHOP HERE IF YOU LIKE, ESTABLISH YOUR BUSINESS HERE AND GO TO SCHOOL AT YOUR FREE TIME. IT IS FAR CHEAPER HERE AND YOU CAN DO THAT IN A WAY IT WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR BUSINESS. THERE IS NEARLY NO WAY YOU AS A GIRL CAN TRAIN YOURSELF IN SCHOOL ABROAD UNLESS YOU ARE A PROSTITUTE. TAKE ADVICE FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN MOST, NOT FROM THOSE WHO HUNGER TO TRAVEL ABROAD BY ALL MEANS.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Ukamakam: 2:29am On Oct 02, 2017
My Honest opinion is for you to still do your business and forget school for now. Save some money until you decide on what you really want out of life. I dont want you to go back to school because others are doing that. Please dont follow your friend to go abroad yet, it is not as easy as we think. I will suggest you save some money and visit Dubai - since that is where your friend is based, just to see what is happening there and see if you will like it there. Now, I am glad that you are a hustler - you can wash plates, do all to survive. But my dear somebody that is as hard working as you should not go to another person's country to wash plates = you will not like it - I promise you that. Doing menial jobs because of immigration conditions can last for years and you will feel stuck in the country, and feel too ashamed to come back to Nigeria because you dont have anything to fall back to. I know you should take risk in life but i think you are doing well for yourself where you are. Take some money and visit Dubai to buy some good and see how the place is before you throw away your blessing chasing shadows. A bird at hand is worth 9 in the the Bush. May God direct you. Please pray about this.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Mrkumareze(m): 2:30am On Oct 02, 2017
If you are ready to hustle with your puss*y and be ready to take life threatening risk, then go ahead with the abroad . I spent more than 4 years abroad, Nigerian women do shit to survive. Most can't even make it home again while some are crying daily as a result of the condition they find themselves. Personally, it's better you focus in your biz and sch. You will make it . Don't give up cos of what you see on IG or fb. All na wash, No Job is abroad oo
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by davillian(m): 2:46am On Oct 02, 2017
Complete your education even if you don't need It now you might need it later.
Continue with your business and try to expand.
Which country are u travelling to?
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
Was his certificate upgraded or not?. Tell me what a polytechnic in Nigeria is about...people who were unable to pass JAMB and POST UTME. No be me do you. grin
this post of yours shows you're endemic to low thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by tbliss22(m): 2:51am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I had to drop out of school cus I couldn't pay bills and my older siblings were still struggling, so I got a job. I worked as a cleaner say for 2 years and I was able to save up something and enrolled for WAEC AND GCE and I passed. I tried my first admission it didn't so the second year someone told me to try a Polytechnic and fortunately I got admitted. I joined school but I kept working and I saved up some bucks and at the end of my ND at federal poly Auchi my G. P was 3.40 yes! I cried for joy.
I. T (Industrial Training) started and I felt it would make more sense If I could start something little within my environment. Since I knew a lot about female bags and wears I held on to the idea and started. My customer base grew as I went from department to department showing and convincing the "big girls" in school about my goods. I approached just anybody so long you female. I kept moving at that pace until I was heavily sought after. My room became my boutique.
Why I am confused now
All glory to God I have been able to establish a good relationship with people who sale to me on credit which allows me own varieties and sell more.
1. Not to exaggerate, I make a minimum of 40 to 45k a month as my own.
2. I ain't rich but I think I am comfortable for a young lady of my age. I will be 24 3rd October.
I focused more on my business and I didn't join my mates for the HND session. My reason was; after school now, I go carry certificate they Waka up and down. Make I kuku use this small money wey I don save use am run my business first as I thought school can wait. could I be wrong?

# I have a course mate who traveled overseas after our ND and she has been encouraging me to come over since I could afford the travel expenses (not to lie, I was considering this also which made me forget going back for my HND.)
Now my question is if you were me would you go back to school? I am of the opinion that schooling in Nigeria without a good back up could leave me frustrated after graduation. No job.
# if you were me would you just continue with your business and open up a shop or would you travel out, get a job and go to school there?
Pls advice Me as I would be turning 24 in no time and I am JUST CONFUSED embarassed I have the feeling that any decision I make at this point would either make or destroy me permanently. Pls help a sister embarassed
Should I go back to school? cus my dad always wanted me to get an education but I feel I should be able to know what works as times have changed.
Pls I am open to any form of advice. God bless.
Cc. Lalasticlala, seun or any mod. I'd appreciate if you can move it to the right section or where it could get a wider view. Thanks
Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4
I can't really remember usernames embarassed

Hello,
I must first of all appreciate your doggedness and hardworking spirit which had paved way for you, compared to some other lazy young girls roaming the streets of lagos looking for one magga to siphon.

You have failed to realize despite all odds things turned out to be going smoothly. I see God's favor all around you, but why not expand your tentacles to a larger area in your business. One great thing in life is to discover your grip to financial success early.

However, you can also learn some other skills related to fashion; Bead making, decoration stuff e.t.c. God had shown you favor in your own country, make good use of the opportunity and ensure have a good stand.

As regards a degree or HND, my advice is just go for an HND and get your NYSC certificate sharply which I guess by 25 you should be through. Naija is messed up but smart people are still doing well without thinking of traveling abroad.

Just let your friend be because for the fact that you don't know what she does for leaving, you might regret that decision of traveling without establishing your business or education back here is Nigeria.

Finally, take it or leave it you are directly building a good fortune for your unborn children, you don't need to wait for one broke guy to come establish that for you. Please pray and ask for more of God's protection as you break more ground, because you know what?? Naija's soil is really fertile for your seed of skills, think about it.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by mildflame: 2:55am On Oct 02, 2017
Going back to school does not guarantee a future it only prepares for the future.
Build your business, either register for OPEN UNIVERSITY or other online programmes like allison.com better still join entrepreneurial organizations and you will secure a FUTURE
Totally forget about traveling abroad, what you have here is far better than the unknow illegitimate lure to Dubai

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Beedude(m): 2:58am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

Bro My both parents are Yorubas. As I couldn't get a University my parents and people told me to hold the polytechnic then. That's how the vehicle of life dropped me here.
P. S. I am from a very poor home. All my aim is to make sure no man Will look down on me and my siblings when the time comes. That's why we all are on our feet.
She stays in Dubai.
And bro, NO! I CAN'T BE INVOLVED IN that you implying. I naturally have the phobia of laying with a man cuz the few I tried as a result of relationship made me truly understand that s*e Waka no follow my destiny come.
Pls and pls dont go to dubai for work. Go for hnd and plan on expanding ur business. u may even visit dubai to import bags soon. kindly ask ur friend where she stay in dubai. If she mention al baraha or deira ,98% of babes there a runs girls. Also, if ur friend has spent more than 2yrs in dubai without coming to naija. hmmm, shes likely an illegal immigrant and runs girl combine
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Celsony: 3:06am On Oct 02, 2017
Dont be deceived by the urge to leave, cos u cud end up regretting this for d rest of your life. Remember that those girls lured into prostitution abroad are actually lured by who they know. Going bk to sch in Nigeria wont you frm continuing ur business
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by guruspot: 3:12am On Oct 02, 2017
ON THE AREA OF GOIN BACK FOR HND HERE IN NIGERIA, JUST HOLD IT FOR NOW. THEN TRAVELING ABROAD, IF YOUR FREND CANT PROVIDE YU WITH GENUINE WORK APART FROM, COME NOW, ANYHOW WE GO FIND WAY OUT, FOR GET IT. SO MANY NIGERIANS HAS BEEN DISSAPPOINTED BY WASTIN THEIR MONEY TRAVELIN ONLY TO DISCOVER TRASH PROMISES OVER THERE. SO SINCE YU HAV MADE CUSTOMERS ALREADY. USE THAT MONEY INVEST MORE IN UR BUSINESS. LATER U CAN STILL GO FINSIH UR HND IF ATAL YU WISH. FOR NIGERIA NA WETIN YU GO FIT USE MEK MONEY BY URSEF SURE PASS. NOT EVEN MUCH SCHOOLING. THEN THE ABROAD, IF SHE NO FIT GET PROVE OF LEGIT WORK YU AR COMIN FOR, FORGET IT. BYT IN WHICHEVER ONE, FIRST USE DAT MONEY OPEN BUSINESS. I FIT CONTACT ME TO RUN E-COMMERCE WEBSITE FOR UR BUSINESS. 08065847947
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by therapistmrs: 3:19am On Oct 02, 2017
Sister i'm of the opinión that you further your education and also continúe your business on the side.
About your friend encouraging you to come abroad be very careful in taking that decison.firstly is she legal there? What kind of job is she doing? Travelling abroad can come after your education, you never know what life could bring your away before or after your education.Remember age is nothing but a number
All the best
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Celsony: 3:22am On Oct 02, 2017
Also, after ur hnd or bsc which ever you apply; In ur NYSC u can apply to take fellow corp members on SAED (skill aquisition & entreprenueship development), in that case ur business will continue to expand, u can apply for loan as a corp member to expand ur business too. Your fortune may change to good or bad outsde 9ja
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Beedude(m): 3:23am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
What's the difference between a HND holder and an SSCE holder in the labour market?. I can't even compare a HND holder to a B.Sc holder 'cause I'll be doing the HND holder a favour.
Very funny . I have bsc but couldnt get a good paying job. But thank God i av an enterprenuer attitude. My wife had hnd and got a job as head teller in a bank with good pay. My younger bro had bsc in economics from bowen and still didnt get a good job since almost 2yrs now. So pls get ur fact right. If u mention diploma i would av pass by. But hnd holders earn 100k+ in some fields. Can an Ssce holder get 50k ? The difference is so clear

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Ganjafama(m): 3:24am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
What's the difference between a HND holder and an SSCE holder in the labour market?. I can't even compare a HND holder to a B.Sc holder 'cause I'll be doing the HND holder a favour.
What is this one even saying? E be like say you dey learn how to talk. I think it's high time Seun introduced an IQ test for nairaland registration.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 3:40am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
Was his certificate upgraded or not?. Tell me what a polytechnic in Nigeria is about...people who were unable to pass JAMB and POST UTME. No be me do you. grin

Aunty, u have no sense, I pity whoever marries you, you are superficial and shallow, bereft of any idea, sound thinking and good judgement.

I went to yabatech having made 273 in jamb and still unable to get an admission into unilag, with my ond I got a job at Gtb and was paid 40k per month, today I'm a Bsc holder, but polytechnic education gave me that platform to greatness.

Next time if u don't have anything to say u just keep quiet, u must have been an empty skull in university.

5 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by PAO429: 3:41am On Oct 02, 2017
Hmmm,my advice is this...for a girl abroad e no easy at all...u may definitely end doing what you don't like...going oversea as a girl is better If u are connecting with a family member,or school training course or any program...infact it is better if a guy calls u to come than if a fellow girl do..me I no de Nigeria at the moment i know what i am saying...then for Naija hmmm,continue ur Bizness,decide if to go back to school or not...school will help in a long run..nobody knows what d future holds...bizness can always come aside it..but you have done well for yourself..continue with Bizness is not bad at all after all to go to school no be by force and u have an ND,so if u can still endure you can go back to school and still run your Bizness...i wish u all d best dear
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Romanus123: 3:52am On Oct 02, 2017
My dear, I will advise you to stay back in Nigeria and do whatever thing you choose to. I'm in DUBAI, and 98% of girls in DUBAI practice prostitution. Though they made huge amount of money but I will be the last person to advise my blood sister to travel to abroad.
You can chat me privately on WhatsApp if you wish to come to Dubai @+971508553469.
Also for anyone who wishes to come to Dubai, you can also add me on WhatsApp for guidelines @+971508553469
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 02, 2017
Follow your heart, if you succeed; It's a blessing.
If you fail; it's a lesson.

Be a risk taker and let experience teach you a thing or two.

Good luck in your quest.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Dindondin(m): 4:32am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Good afternoon everyone here. I have been an ardent of this forum so, I felt it wouldn't be bad to bare my heart here as I know I'd surely get an advice that will make me see clearer. Please bear with me as I am not very perfect when it comes to expressing my self in writing. Pls pardon my write-up should you see it as too long. I just want to bare it all so one can know what to tell me. Thanks.
My Name is Amanda. I lost my parents when I was sixteen . I am from a family of five. I was about to sit for WAEC before the sudden demise of my parents. I had to drop out of school cus I couldn't pay bills and my older siblings were still struggling, so I got a job. I worked as a cleaner say for 2 years and I was able to save up something and enrolled for WAEC AND GCE and I passed. I tried my first admission it didn't so the second year someone told me to try a Polytechnic and fortunately I got admitted. I joined school but I kept working and I saved up some bucks and at the end of my ND at federal poly Auchi my G. P was 3.40 yes! I cried for joy.
I. T (Industrial Training) started and I felt it would make more sense If I could start something little within my environment. Since I knew a lot about female bags and wears I held on to the idea and started. My customer base grew as I went from department to department showing and convincing the "big girls" in school about my goods. I approached just anybody so long you female. I kept moving at that pace until I was heavily sought after. My room became my boutique.
Why I am confused now
All glory to God I have been able to establish a good relationship with people who sale to me on credit which allows me own varieties and sell more.
2. I ain't rich but I think I am comfortable for a young lady of my age. I will be 24 3rd October.
I focused more on my business and I didn't join my mates for the HND session. My reason was; after school now, I go carry certificate they Waka up and down. Make I kuku use this small money wey I don save use am run my business first as I thought school can wait. could I be wrong?

# I have a course mate who traveled overseas after our ND and she has been encouraging me to come over since I could afford the travel expenses (not to lie, I was considering this also which made me forget going back for my HND.)
Now my question is if you were me would you go back to school? I am of the opinion that schooling in Nigeria without a good back up could leave me frustrated after graduation. No job.
# if you were me would you just continue with your business and open up a shop or would you travel out, get a job and go to school there?
Pls advice Me as I would be turning 24 in no time and I am JUST CONFUSED embarassed I have the feeling that any decision I make at this point would either make or destroy me permanently. Pls help a sister embarassed
Should I go back to school? cus my dad always wanted me to get an education but I feel I should be able to know what works as times have changed.
Cc. Lalasticlala, seun or any mod. I'd appreciate if you can move it to the right section or where it could get a wider view. Thanks
Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4
If your abroad is a sure one and your friend is trustworthy, go. Nigeria is like a doomed country. It's like nothing works in Nigeria. It's a hard centre for upcoming people
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 4:34am On Oct 02, 2017
My dear, confused977, travelling abroad is not a problem but the problem is who is there to welcome or host you as long as you need to stand on your feet.

Trust me, only one's parents, husband or sibling can do it. No friend, I repeat, no friend will have such patience with you except you contribute to the bills.

My advice is that you stay home to continue building your business empire. If you travel abroad at this stage of your life, you may regret it. Try to also enroll in part time education.

When you're done building your business world, you can begin travelling around the world on vacation.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by alausaone(m): 4:47am On Oct 02, 2017
It is better to continue whatever that you are doing in Nigeria than travel to Dubai' your friend might be working there for sure but let me tell you 70% of the amount she make will go for bills, at the end of the day you earning or making 50k in Nigeria monthly is better than somebody working in Dubai, in Nigeria you can combine education and whatever you are doing but in Dubai you will endure subjected to your employer job contracts agreements, As a travel expert I have seen cases of women end up with good responsible men to take them abroad either for marriage or vacation, but because of the condition of Dubai visa on their passport sometimes it says it all to the consular that you are either a cleaner in Dubai the type of visa they gave you is annotated visa,so this will give the consular a doubt that you will not return to Nigeria if the visa is issued because if you are doing well in Nigeria you won't take such job in Dubai..........in conclusion if you will really love to travel I will advice you to try USA student visa, its better than going to Dubai...good luck

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Omadachi(m): 4:52am On Oct 02, 2017
Please continue with your business and go for HND just like you did during your OND.You are even lucky you have what you can do.
Travelling out option??.This can be tricky.You will need a visiting visa to stay in whichever country that will be tie to specific period.You can only be issue a resident permit only if you get a job.What of if you don't get a job upon expiration of your visiting visa?Though life is all about taking risk.If you must explore the travelling option I will advise you have a plan B back at home in case things don't work out as plan.

Wish you all the best.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by aku626(m): 4:59am On Oct 02, 2017
My dear you better go back to school, it’s not about the certificate always tell yourself good things be positive “you’re different” get your hbd if possible bsc and masters, going out of the country without a degree isn’t a smart move,you could easily be frustrated and move into unlawful things, my elder brother don’t use his certificate for a thing he has a business and he’s doing well but he had an employment earlier that thought him some rudiments of business. Knowledge is power
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Ramos16(m): 5:03am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

I hope you get to read this, I read the whole story and also went ahead to look at the comments others had for you, I know that it is hard, life is hard, I too come from a poor background and suffered going through school, it is just that my parents are alive and made sure I completed school all the way to the university level.

You see, I studied Electrical Engineering but picked up Software Development in the university as a side hustle just like you did with your trade, I graduated and have not practiced Electrical Engineering ever since, I started work at a very popular Nigeria Tech company and earned about 350k monthly, but I left there only this year to a new company, guess where... Dubai, yup Dubai, I am currently living comfortably and doing okay over here... I am not sure how clear the message I was trying to pass across is, but none of these would have been possible if not for the fact that I have a bachelors in engineering. If I did not have that I probably will still be in software engineering but earning about 50k or 60k monthly, my point is you can earn so much more with a certificate, as useless as it may be, you will later realize it isn't really useless, I could not have gotten this job in Dubai without it, I probably would not have gotten my previous job without it, and even though I am not practicing Electrical Engineering the certificate is helping me, I have interviewed with really big tech firms I would not dream of reaching out to, it is simply because of the certificate.

My advice to you my dear lady is to go to school, don't settle for 40k to 50k, don't wait for a husband to come make your life better, just to let you know even the quality of husband you get can be a variable of the certificate you have. Again, do not settle for little when you can have the opportunity to get much more, I can't emphasize that enough, also the earlier the better, you are 23 now, you will be 28 when you complete an Engineering course, or 27 for other Sciences, which is not bad an age. But you can't wait much longer.

For your friend in Dubai, these are the conditions under which you should move over, ask her if she has a job for you, if she says you should come and hustle forget it, you will hate your life, if she says she has a job for you ask her how much and ask about when you get to speak to your employers, all of the terms and conditions, work permit, flight ticket, accommodation for at least the first month should be provided by your employer, on reaching dubai your employer has to work your Visa and Emirates ID, without asking you for any money. If none of these is possible forget about dubai, FORGET ABOUT DUBAI. Else, like many people have said, you will only end up in prostitution, unless of course you don't mind that.

ACT WHEN THE SUN SHINES, FOR THE NIGHT COMES WITH THE BEASTS OF THE NIGHT

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Fxwarrior: 5:04am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:

Bro My both parents are Yorubas. As I couldn't get a University my parents and people told me to hold the polytechnic then. That's how the vehicle of life dropped me here.
P. S. I am from a very poor home. All my aim is to make sure no man Will look down on me and my siblings when the time comes. That's why we all are on our feet.
She stays in Dubai.
And bro, NO! I CAN'T BE INVOLVED IN that you implying. I naturally have the phobia of laying with a man cuz the few I tried as a result of relationship made me truly understand that s*e Waka no follow my destiny come. I only end up being psychologically and mentally traumatized so I settled that long ago. But I believe on my own if I can keep working hard, Baba God go fit dey make way for me. You get? Pls look at it again. Thanks.

Op you said your parents died when you were 16? Now you are saying they also told you to enter polytechnic. Now you will soon be 24. 8 years elapsed. Something doesn't add up.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Pls I am still open to more opinions. Thanks embarassed
You're a business woman. People go to school to become what you are. Use that "go back to school" money to grow your business. You can revisit school when you have money to waste of what you already know.
Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Tuatara(m): 5:08am On Oct 02, 2017
kimbraa:
Don't take my post personal. My point is, she should further to get a higher playing field than her fellow HND holders. I never said I'm better 'cause anyone with common sense will know that OND/HND in Nigerian labour market is equivalent to SSCE though you might think it's better.

You have just shown how ignorant and uninformed you are. Because if you were current, you would know that steps are being taken to equalize HND and BSc. and for your info; because most companies like cheap labour, OND holders easily get jobs this days. Even banks employ ND holders these days and pay them less. So get your facts right, HND is not on the same level with SSCE.

OP I'll advise you to try and further ur education (BSc. /HND) while still running ur business, it won't be easy, but you've done it before. God bless you.

*Tuatara (BSc.,MSc.)

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 02, 2017
Confused977:
Why I am confused now

Thorpido
Raine80 et all...
BiafranBushboy
Hakeem4

Don't go. Set up your business here, employ some one, make enough money to go on your own. Another advise, America and no other place is at its best right now. So I advise you cancel your travel for now!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing / Nigerians In Diaspora Support Mechanic Blessing, Abuja Female Mechanic (Pics) / Hilarious Chat Between A Boss And His Employee(snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.