Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172234 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nigeriainfo: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2017
Prettylarmo026:

Hi guys. I had my interview this morning at Lagos 7.45am and it was approved. Transcript below;

Vo- good morning

Me- good morning happy new month

vo- thank u. Passport please?

Me-(gave him all 3 passports)

Vo- So why are u going to d US at this time?

Vo- for our family vacation and tourism. We'll like to see places like coca cola world, zoo Atlanta, Goergia Aquarium, fox theatre, fernbank museum, ... (vo cuts in)...

Vo- oh alright! (Looks up and smiles at me)

Me (smiled back).

Vo-what do u do?

Me- I'm a business woman, I'm d owner of bleep

vo- wats ur income?

Me (i left dt space blank, but i mentioned the one i inputted in my 1st application dt was denied) 110,600 naira.

Vo- say again... (looking at his system)110, wat?

Me - i repeated 110,600 naira

Vo- are you married?

Me-(see question o! After indicating in my ds that i am, and im travelling with my husband and 2 kids) oh yes im married

vo-what does your husband do?

Me- he works with bleep as bleep (he didn't ask for his income or if he has a visa)

Vo types for a long time!

Vo- have u travelled as a family before?

Me-yes united kingdom with my husband and 1st child.

(Vo stops typing and looks at my baby, i carried him while d older one stood beside me, aww he's soo cute, i gave him my bestest smile and said thank you)

Vo opened my uk visa page and checks with a mecury device i guess to see if its fake. After that, he packed all 3 pssport in a tray and circled collection location on d white paper and said I'm approving your visa, pick it up in 3 working days!

Me- thank you. (All smiles)

Meanwhile my older child wore his school uniform, while we were waiting on d queue, my son was busy singing his nursery ryhmes, i guess that helped to prove to d vo he's in school.

So guys please reply if u have information about cheap tickets to new york by 1st week in Dec.

Thanks guys!
I am also travelling to Newyork too. u can send me message on 08050229034 for the info on qatar air promo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MadeOfGrace: 2:12pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Been following this page for months and I cannot put in words what I have gained. All I can say is God's Blessings to everyone.
I have been feeling very uncomfortable for not sharing my experience so I decided to give back to this awesome forum.

I had my interview last Friday in Lagos (7:00am).

As soon as I was cleared with the initial checking I got into the interview hall and did a quick scan of all the VOs. Everyone seemed calm.
I was assigned to a particular window and I was the third person in queue. The person being currently interviewed was denied, so the two guys in front of me began to panic.

First guy stepped forward and was denied. Second guy stepped forward and was also denied. (They both said similar stories).

First guy said he was going to visit Disney world. He was married with one child but was not travelling with his wife and kid because wife is busy with work and child is in school. Said his wife was a registered nurse. VO asked that so he has decided to go to Disney world all by himself and he said yes. (Not sure this helped his case).

Second guy said he has a wife and kid. He's travelling alone because wife was busy as she is a registered nurse.

Then I stepped forward....

VO: Good morning.
Me: Good morning.
VO: How are you?
Me: I'm well thank you. How are you?
VO: Fine. Please pass your passport.
Me. Slips passport under counter.
VO: Where are you going to?
Me: Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
VO: What are you going for?
Me: Vacation.
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work as a abc with xyz firm.
VO: What kind of clients do you have?
Me: Mentions a summary of what I have on my DS160.
VO: How long have you worked with your Company?
Me: 5 years.
VO: Have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
Me: Yes.
VO: Where?
Me: Dubai and South Africa.
VO: When?
Me: Dubai in 2015 and South Africa last year (2016).
Vo: What was the purpose of both visits?
Me: Vacation.
VO: Did you travel both time alone?
Me: Yes, I did.
VO: Scans through my passport and asks "Do you have an old passports with the visas?
Me: Yes *slides old passport under the counter*
VO: Flips through pages and confirms visas and stamps. Passes back passport.
Me: Checks passport to confirm she passed back old passport and not new passport *smiles*
VO: Do you know anyone in the US?
Me: Yes, my cousin. Then I went ahead to add that she lives in Alabama.
VO: *completes sentence for me* So you won't be visiting her?
Me: No, I won't.
VO: Keeps my new passport and picks up white paper. Circles pick up address and said how I would be notified when visa is ready for pick up.
Me: Thank you very much.

Walked out of the place and said "Thank you Jesus" until I got to my car!

**NB: Apart from old passport with visas. No other document was checked**

COMMENTS:

1. Pray for God's grace.

2. When asked where you are going to try to be specific as best as you can. Do not just respond New York. Specify the exact area in New York. I think this shows confidence and that you are fully aware of where you are going.

3. Be calm and confident. Have this mindset that if they deny the whole world. Your case would be the exception.

4. If you have travelled before (no mater where). Don't let your number of official trips surpass your personal vacation trips. You are applying for a tourist visa so you need to come off as a Tourist. Not someone that got lucky to travel because his/her company sponsored the trip for a training etc.

5. If you have not travelled before, the above (No. 4) does not apply to you. Just be truthful and say you have never travelled before.

6. No matter what anyone does for you (relative, company or agent) make sure you triple check everything yourself.

A Little Background:

* Denied student twice in 2006 based on insufficient ties. (VO did not bring this up at all).
* Went to school here in Nigeria to study same course I was supposed to study in the US.
* Graduated, served (NYSC) and worked for five years before applying again.
* Earning above 650K. (VO did not bring this up at all).
* Single female.
* No kids.
* Travelling alone.
* Time between first denial and new successful application is about 11 years. I deliberately did this to build my career and pass a message that I am not desperate to go to the US. And most importantly, to make sure I don't dent my travel history with strings of denials. It was a very long wait. But to the glory of God it was worth it in the end.

I really hope this helps somebody.

Plus, I’m interested in the Qatar airways promo (or any other promo).

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by okanla: 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2017
Have read through some information in previous part, and not so
clear on some issue about filling out the forms. Which one should come first out of Appointment or DS-160, since am planing to fill the forms my self.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fadafada1978: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
okanla:
clear on some issue about filling out the forms. Which one should come first out of Appointment or DS-160, since am planing to fill the forms my self.

You are to fill out your DS-160 form correctly before scheduling an appointment. You will only be allowed to attend your interview with the passport bearing the number entered in your DS-160 confirmation form, if your name exactly matches the name in your passport, and with a DS160 confirmation printout that matches the DS160 application (CEAC) receipt number you used when scheduling the appointment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by borryworld: 3:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
okanla:
The sequence is, DS-160 then book appointment with the Confirmation number from the DS-160. However, to tie down a date for appointment, you can start the DS-160 and use the application number to book the desired date immediately. You can also update/change the application before the date of interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Fholarcharday: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hi everybody
Am a silent member on dis trend,my interview is next week in Abuja,am a single mum earning 119 with a company I worked with 2years ago n later went bck to after nysc.i don't av any history of travel my passport is new. Pls help wat are my chances of approval
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Weperwema: 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2017
@ All i need urgent help of anyone experienced in visa applications and this DS-160 Form issue.My challenge is this.....I made an application by filing the DS 160 form but failed to submit or print application page of confirmation about a month ago but yet I went to book for an appointment for (lagos) and it is 8 November.Just 2days to the interview i realized this but could not retrieve my application online and reading on this thread I had to go and fill,submit and print confirmation page of a new DS -160 form.I equally updated my appointment confirmation profile to include the new DS-160 confirmation number.Please would they treat this application at all since its just about 48hrs to the interview date? I now have the appointment pages for payment and DS-160 form that conforms. Please what do i do...someone talked about sending mail to the embassy does it work?PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2017
Weperwema:
@ All i need urgent help of anyone experienced in visa applications and this DS-160 Form issue.My challenge is this.....I made an application by filing the DS 160 form but failed to submit or print application page of confirmation about a month ago but yet I went to book for an appointment for (lagos) and it is 8 November.Just 2days to the interview i realized this but could not retrieve my application online and reading on this thread I had to go and fill,submit and print confirmation page of a new DS -160 form.I equally updated my appointment confirmation profile to include the new DS-160 confirmation number.Please would they treat this application at all since its just about 48hrs to the interview date? I now have the appointment pages for payment and DS-160 form that conforms. Please what do i do...someone talked about sending mail to the embassy does it work?PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

You are already in order, worry less. You updated your profile on the CGI website with the new DS160 number, abi? No need calling then. If however, you will like to experience more of the process and feel comfy, you then can go ahead and put that call through, the "writing them" part may not yield result as they may not reply you early enough. But I can tell you there's really no need for all these, you are good to go if you are sure everything tallies now....

Greetings to all the special people in the house, congrats to all visa recipients and for those refused better fortune next time if you are straight and clean as a tourist!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2017
MadeOfGrace:
Hi Everyone,

Been following this page for months and I cannot put in words what I have gained. All I can say is God's Blessings to everyone.
I have been feeling very uncomfortable for not sharing my experience so I decided to give back to this awesome forum.

Plus, I’m interested in the Qatar airways promo (or any other promo).

You're a good strategist.. You have your ''thing'' in order...
Enjoy your holiday.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Empressjcw: 8:55am On Nov 07, 2017
Hello everyone please i need help. My interview is tomorrow but i have bothering question. D thing is i have traveled to China before but for business so if the consular asks me dt what did i travel to China for, wld it be okay to say business because i was just thinking dt if i say so she might feel i wanna travel to usa for business also which is not true, i only wanna go for vacation. Please how do i defend myself and what should i do. Please very urgent. My chinese visa is Category M which means business visa. Plssssss someone help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 9:15am On Nov 07, 2017
Just be yourself and say the truth

Empressjcw:
Hello everyone please i need help. My interview is tomorrow but i have bothering question. D thing is i have traveled to China before but for business so if the consular asks me dt what did i travel to China for, wld it be okay to say business because i was just thinking dt if i say so she might feel i wanna travel to usa for business also which is not true, i only wanna go for vacation. Please how do i defend myself and what should i do. Please very urgent. My chinese visa is Category M which means business visa. Plssssss someone help.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Apple2: 10:26am On Nov 07, 2017
Abuja embassy was just busy dishing people pink today. I got the pink too but no problem. Let them eat their country since no one is allowed to visit
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:45am On Nov 07, 2017
Apple2:
Abuja embassy was just busy dishing people pink today. I got the pink too but no problem. Let them eat their country since no one is allowed to visit
You won't say this if they gave you I suppose.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:46am On Nov 07, 2017
Empressjcw:
Which US Visa category did you applied for?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Aspentrails96(m): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2017
Apple2:
sorry for the denial... would you mind posting the transcript?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 11:42am On Nov 07, 2017
Deep down you know you don't have a strong tie

Best of luck next time

Apple2:
OK OK, my people I need your guidance and prayers too

I'm scheduled for 7th Of November 7:30am interview at Abuja. I'm a final year student going to see my cousin who has been my backbone in school without seeing me in person, finally she wants me to come for Christmas holidays and new year so she will get to see whom she has been paying school fees for. She's a citizen, born and brought up there with 2kids, I really want to see this my aunty, she's so nice and I wouldn't want interview to screw my chances of playing nice boy to her so she will be happy her money didn't waste while training me,

Am suppose travel 13th of December and return 27th of Feb if granted, abeg my people what are my chances because I have been following this thread since and hearing people saying 'ties' me I don't have any tie, I'm a full time blown student, never travelled before neither worked anywhere,

Advice me pls, because I filled in my form 'Student' as honest answer, and I'm 24yrs old, is there any problem on my own case? Advice me pls everybody here both small and big, I need your advice, dont forget to add your prayers for me behind

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 11:51am On Nov 07, 2017
Scroll up you can also learn a lot from @MadeOfGrace transcript who just got his visa after 11 years

Oya share your transcript.

Apple2:

Don't worry I'm Abuja and I will give you people every single information no one will be missing,trust me grin >: grin. That will be 7th November 7:30. Just pray for me everyone because I can't wait to see my soo helpful aunty.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Apple2: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
OtunOba15:

Scroll up you can also learn a lot from @MadeOfGrace transcript who just got his visa after 11 years

Oya share your transcript.

I was just watching how Pink paper was flying left, right and center, mehn I knew it was just a hate thing going on, so I relaxed and waited

VO: Good morning PP pls

Me: take, thank u

VO: why Sacramento

Me: visit an Aunt

VO: are you married

Me: No

VO: have you travelled before

Me: No

VO: what do you do

Me: I'm a final yr student

VO: where do you school

Me: I told him

VO: what what course

Me: I answered

Then he typed for like 5secs and handed me Pink, I said God bless you byee

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
Had interview this morning with my wife, VO was a pleasant young White guy. Below is the transcript

Vo: smile, hello guys
Wife and me: smile, good morning
Vo: how are you today
Wife and me: fine thank you
Me: how are you too
Vo: fine
Vo: why are you going to the US
Me: we are going on vacation to visit my brother's family and the US because this will be our first visit to the US
Vo: (smile) oh okay
Vo: have you travel outside Nigeria before
Wife and me: yes
Me: we have gone on vacation to the UK twice and Turkey once and before our marriage I have visited the Uk several times and Dubai once
Vo: what do you do
Me: CEO of bla bla bla
Vo: what do your company do
Me: information technology solutions
Vo: oh you are into ICT
Me: yes
Vo: how many staff do you have
Me: bla bla
Vo: what do you do madam
Wife: work with Lagos state government
Vo: what grade level
Wife: bla bla
Do you have any kid
Wife and me: none yet
Vo: your visas have been approved, pick them up bla bla bla

The vo was pleasant and friendly, the whole session was not more than a minute, he did not ask for any document, not even our old passports that contain all the travel history but the new passports contained new five years UK visa that we have not used

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
Tarry:
Had interview this morning with my wife, VO was a pleasant young White guy. Below is the transcript

Vo: smile, hello guys
Wife and me: smile, good morning

The vo was pleasant and friendly, the whole session was not more than a minute, he did not ask for any document, not even our old passports that contain all the travel history but the new passports contained new five years UK visa that we have not used

Most time people with 90% qualification will get the visa. I don't understand why people are bitter when they failed to do the basic assessment of their ties.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Empressjcw: 1:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
seyewest:

Which US Visa category did you applied for?
B1/B2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
On point! If you have a purpose visas will be granted.

Congrats

seyewest:

90% if you're qualified you will get the visa. I don't understand why people are bitter when they failed to do the basic assessment of their ties.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 6:19pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ours was 8.00 am appointment. The guy before us was denied, he said he is married with a child but was traveling alone, but the lady before him carrying a baby with another child standing beside her in school uniform was given.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yesbody: 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2017
I had my interview today at Abuja, if u are reading my post, I will advise u Neva to choose Abuja for ur USA interview
Out of about 30 people who I studied and watched very well at Abuja today, it was just 4 people that was given visa and those 4 where the elderlies (old people) on wheel chair

Infact two women had very good travel history and they were denied can u just imagine ?

I was also denied shaaa

A lot of pink papers today at Abuja

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Empressjcw: 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
[quote author=Yesbody post=62165584]I had my interview today at Abuja, if u are reading my post, I will advise u Neva to choose Abuja for ur USA interview
Out of about 30 people who I studied and watched very well at Abuja today, it was just 4 people that was given visa and those 4 where the elderlies (old people) on wheel chair

Infact two women had very good travel history and they were denied can u just imagine ?

I was also denied shaaa

A lot of pink papers today at Abuja [/quote

Please post your transcript
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Empressjcw: 7:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
Please post your transcript @yesbody

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
Yesbody:
I had my interview today at Abuja, if u are reading my post, I will advise u Neva to choose Abuja for ur USA interview

I was also denied shaaa

Hahaha. What a drama!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:58pm On Nov 07, 2017
Yesbody:

I was also denied shaaa

Lolzzz How old are you? What's your travel history and what do you do for a living?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 10:46pm On Nov 07, 2017
seyewest:

Lolzzz How old are you? What's your travel history and what do you do for a living?
At times travelling experience doesn't matter, haven't we seen or heard about some young, unmarried ones with no travelling history given visa and some married ones with travelling history aren't given? I just believe individual VOs just use their discretion jare.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yesbody: 6:48am On Nov 08, 2017
Yesbody:

I was also denied shaaa

This is my transcript below

The security lady directed us to window 9
But the white guy at window 5 was interested in my family and called upon us

So went to window 5

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: Y are u going to the US
Me: we are going for vacation and tourism
Vo: where do u work
Me: I work with so so and so as a ............
Vo: how much is ur salary
Me: 620k monthly
Vo: have u travelled out of the country b4
Me: no, this is going to be our 1st trip
Vo: madam are u pregnant ( my wife was carrying our 2yrs old daughter )
Wife: no sir
Wife: no
Vo: sorry u are not qualified to be in the us......

This interview was not up to a minute

The vo did not ask about my job duties nor my wife job or business
My wife monthly income is 300k

What could be wrong with this transcript ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 8:15am On Nov 08, 2017
Yesbody:

So went to window 5

Go on vacation to the UK or other European countries, with your profile you will most likely get their visa because they consider documents. This will help to proof your ties and increase your chances in your next US application

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2017
Yesbody:

So went to window 5

I will suggest you reapply let's see how the other VO will treat your case, we got ours without no travelling history.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.