Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,641 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1171317 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by fadafada1978: 10:06am On Nov 08, 2017
Rachie83:
I will suggest you reapply let's see how the other VO will treat your case, we got ours without no travelling history.

If you are denied this month of November, how soon can someone reapply ??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Empressjcw: 10:15am On Nov 08, 2017
Hello everyone, remember the girl that enquired bout my friend and also asked my travel history question, yeah that's me, i told you guys my interview is today... my visa has been approved oo. Was giving white paper n told to get my visa in three days time. Thanks to everyone that helped and also this group. I learnt a lot. I wld post my transcript soon.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 08, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2017
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2017
Congratulations

Empressjcw:
Hello everyone please i need help. My interview is tomorrow but i have bothering question. D thing is i have traveled to China before but for business so if the consular asks me dt what did i travel to China for, wld it be okay to say business because i was just thinking dt if i say so she might feel i wanna travel to usa for business also which is not true, i only wanna go for vacation. Please how do i defend myself and what should i do. Please very urgent. My chinese visa is Category M which means business visa. Plssssss someone help.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by kunzo: 12:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
globalpaul:
Looking for cheapest price to Houston for January ending. We are two already for Qatar promo economy class closing on Friday and wanna pay tomorrow..Join us to be 3 of economy Class. 08035230764

How are you going to merge somebody going to another state different from Houston? can somebody going to new york for xmas join?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2017
Empressjcw:
Hello everyone, remember the girl that enquired bout my friend and also asked my travel history question, yeah that's me, i told you guys my interview is today... my visa has been approved oo. Was giving white paper n told to get my visa in three days time. Thanks to everyone that helped and also this group. I learnt a lot. I wld post my transcript soon.
Congrats dear, my interview in two weeks time i will be here to share my success stories... Plz help post ur transcript

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Prettylarmo026: 1:51pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hi guys,

I went to the dhl office to get our passport now, but i was given only 2 instead of 3! They said my older son's passport is not ready. The vo kept all 3 passports aside when visa was approved. What could be d problem? I tried tracking it via the portal its saying 'no status update '. Please what does this mean?? Has anyone experienced this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rachie83: 2:23pm On Nov 08, 2017
fadafada1978:

If you are denied this month of November, how soon can someone reapply ??
As soon as you wish but u can as well wait for 3month.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 2:58pm On Nov 08, 2017
Rachie83:
At times travelling experience doesn't matter, haven't we seen or heard about some young, unmarried ones with no travelling history given visa and some married ones with travelling history aren't given? I just believe individual VOs just use their discretion jare.
In some cases but you've forgotten that the form itself is a determinant not just the interview alone.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2017
Yesbody:

This is my transcript below

The vo did not ask about my job duties nor my wife job or business
My wife monthly income is 300k

What could be wrong with this transcript ?
sorry about the denial but you know your case is 50/50 even if you earn N10M it does not guarantee a U.S Visa... I will advise you to travel to other countries and re-apply next year hopefully your circumstance will be different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Prettylarmo026: 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2017
Prettylarmo026:
Hi guys,

I went to the dhl office to get our passport now, but i was given only 2 instead of 3! They said my older son's passport is not ready. The vo kept all 3 passports aside when visa was approved. What could be d problem? I tried tracking it via the portal its saying 'no status update '. Please what does this mean?? Has anyone experienced this?

Hello everyone. I just checked the status now and it says Administrative processing. What does that mean? My son is just 2years old.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jesufifunmi: 6:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
Prettylarmo026:

Hello everyone. I just checked the status now and it says Administrative processing. What does that mean? My son is just 2years old.
Don't worry, it will change to Issued. It happens like that sometimes. Be rest assured that they are not gonna deny him cheesy. Just keep tracking it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
KEYWORDS: "Vo: madam are u pregnant" +
My opinion:
1. This VO feels that your family should have gone on a vacation to other places, before applying for the US Visa.
2. But, if you re-apply again as a family, with the same purpose within the same proposed time of travelling, you may get it (unless the next VO feels the same way).
3. VO's have biases that influence their decisions.
4. For no reason, should your wife re-appear there and say she's now going for childbirth, because you were asked and you said no.

Yesbody:

The security lady directed us to window 9
But the white guy at window 5 was interested in my family and called upon us

So went to window 5

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: Y are u going to the US
Me: we are going for vacation and tourism
Vo: where do u work
Me: I work with so so and so as a ............
Vo: how much is ur salary
Me: 620k monthly
Vo: have u travelled out of the country b4
Me: no, this is going to be our 1st trip
Vo: madam are u pregnant ( my wife was carrying our 2yrs old daughter )
Wife: no sir
Wife: no
Vo: sorry u are not qualified to be in the us......

This interview was not up to a minute

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Stirmatthew: 7:30pm On Nov 08, 2017
I had my interview on Monday but I was denied

Window 6 (White guy)

VO: Good morning

Me: Morning

VO: what,s your purpose of traveling to US

Me: for church conference and I explained in details

VO: Who is paying for your traveling

Me: My church

VO: you what to use donation to travel

Me: not really, I am just an employee (Pastor) of the church

VO: how do your church get donation

Me: not donation but the church received money in form of offering

VO: that's still donation. Have you travel to other countries for such conference with your church donation

Me: No

VO: you are not qualified for nonimmigrant visa

He just kept hammering on donation while typing until he brought the blue paper. I guess the VO believe church are scam in Nigeria though I do not have any travel history.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Danielakonic: 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2017
Yesbody:

The security lady directed us to window 9
But the white guy at window 5 was interested in my family and called upon us

So went to window 5

Vo: Good morning
Me: Good morning
Vo: Y are u going to the US
Me: we are going for vacation and tourism
Vo: where do u work
Me: I work with so so and so as a ............
Vo: how much is ur salary
Me: 620k monthly
Me: no, this is going to be our 1st trip
Vo: madam are u pregnant ( my wife was carrying our 2yrs old daughter )
Wife: no sir
Wife: no
Vo: sorry u are not qualified to be in the us......

This interview was not up to a minute

Well, to me, I'm thinking the VO feels your wife is pregnant and you're using the 2YEARS old baby as a cover up. But, what were you carrying as your wife carried the baby? The Vo was just super sensitive about your appearance as a family. (Just my view).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by del5545(m): 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2017
Gud evenin house,I and my wife went for an interview in US embassy on Monday and we are been denied visa.we got married last year and no baby yet,my sister is US citizen she helped me in filling the ds 160 form that we are coming to US for vacation .the interviewer asked about our relationship,I told her we got married last year,she asked us if we have baby,we said no,we answered all other questions like our place of work,our salary n about my sister in US and we answered everything but she still denied me and my wife visa.please what could be the cause?am a new person here,my younger sister just told me about this forum.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
Go and work on your home tie

You will learn a lot if you can read part 2 of the thread.

del5545:
Gud evenin house,I and my wife went for an interview in US embassy on Monday and we are been denied visa.we got married last year and no baby yet,my sister is US citizen she helped me in filling the ds 160 form that we are coming to US for vacation .the interviewer asked about our relationship,I told her we got married last year,she asked us if we have baby,we said no,we answered all other questions like our place of work,our salary n about my sister in US and we answered everything but she still denied me and my wife visa.please what could be the cause?am a new person here,my younger sister just told me about this forum.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:28pm On Nov 08, 2017
del5545:
Sorry about the denial and she should have informed you before you applied... Anyway you did not furnished us with all the question maybe you should write the transcripts in the right format so we can have an idea of what's going on.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2017
Stirmatthew:
I had my interview on Monday but I was denied

Window 6 (White guy)

He just kept hammering on donation while typing until he brought the blue paper. I guess the VO believe church are scam in Nigeria though I do not have any travel history.
You see I won't blame the V.O... We run our churches just like they do in U.S (Business enterprise) now to the interview I think you failed to convince the V.O that the money that will be used is not directly from donation (offering) instead the trip will be sponsor from the headquarter etc... you should have explained this clearly to the V.O and also I'm sure you don't have a lot of travel history.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Stirmatthew: 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2017
seyewest:

You see I won't blame the V.O... We run our churches just like they do in U.S (Business enterprise) now to the interview I think you failed to convince the V.O that the money that will be used is not directly from donation (offering) instead the trip will be sponsor from the headquarter etc... you should have explained this clearly to the V.O and also I'm sure you don't have a lot of travel history.

Though I told him but he said we move the money to headquarters. I believe he know much about churches in Nigeria and the money issues
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oludharey: 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2017
@Rachie83,pls post your transcript let us learn thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Galantsantana(m): 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hey house, I was denied a visiting visa about a month ago probably bcuz I dint apply wit my family who were busy then. I wud b travelling wit my wife & kids next month to anoda country anyway. I am interested in a conference comin up in d first quarter of 2018. The conference is abt youth development which I hav passion for. My qtn: can I apply alone again? I dnt want to play ``ojuju`` wit my 64k + d cost of d conference which is abt $300. Its a 3-day conferemce by a well reknowed international org. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Empressjcw: 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2017
Best of luck dear. Don't worry u wl get the visa one time without stress.
So about my transcript...9am at Lagos embassy. As i just entered the interview room, i saw people i was like waoh this is the real deal mehn. So i did thumbprint continued with the queue till it got to my turn. I was directed to window 6, a white lady. The three people that were in front of me all got the white paper so i was like okay this is cool. But mehn the young white guy at window 4 was just giving out blue paper like pure water. Finally oo it got to my turn, the real interview began...

VO: good morning, passport please
Me: good morning with a smile, here's it *dropped my passport at the required place*
VO: where are you going in usa?
Me: I'm going to El-paso, Texas
VO: *typed for a while* Why are you going to texas?
Me: to visit a relative of mine for my vacation
VO: *kept typing* Okay
Me: *kept smiling*
VO: what kind of relative *still typing*
Me: my uncle, he's a usa army
VO: okay
*VO still typing*
VO: since when has he been in the usa
Me: he left Nigeria for the states since 2012 *still smiling*
VO: Okay. Okay
*VO still typing*
VO: what do you do
Me: I'm a cabin crew/ flight attendant/air hostess at blah blah airline
VO: okay *typing*
Me: *still smiling*
VO: How much do you earn
Me: blah blah
VO: Okay. How many years have you been flying as a cabin crew
Me: 3 years
VO: What were you doing before that 3 years
Me: I was in the university before then, i graduated 2014 and i have been working since then
VO: *typing* Okay
Me: *smiling*
VO: would you be traveling with anyone
Me: yes, my mom
VO: does she have a usa visa?
Me: yes please
VO: okay, do you have a copy of her Visa, i would like to see
Me: Yeah sure its here with me. *passed the colored photocopy of my mom's visa to her*
VO: *collected it, checked it and started typing*
Me: *still smiling*
VO: okay. Where does your mom work
Me: she works at blah blah
VO: *she asked again* how many years did you say you have flying as a cabin crew
Me: *i answered again* 3 years
*me still smiling*
VO: and where does your mom work *asked again*
Me: *i answered again, jus the same answer i gave earlier* she works at blah blah
VO: okay
*VO typing*
*still typing*
*i kept smiling*
*VO typing and typing*
*finally finished typing*
*saw her fingers going to the papers section, my two eyes followed her fingers*
*VO reached for the white paper*
*i grinned*
*the almighty answer that i have been expecting*
VO: okay, your visa has been approved. Check this circled address in three days time to pick your and so on. I ddnt bother to listen to the rest. The koko is the white paper dt i grabbed with my two hands.
Me: okay. Thank you *with a smile*
VO: *smiled back* and then i walked away

P. S: this is my first time applying for usa visa. VO ddnt ask for my travel history. She must have seen it anyway. My travel history is only China and that was last year 2016. She ddnt ask if I'm single or married.
For those that are yet to do theirs, best and best of luck, white paper strait for y'all.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by del5545(m): 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2017
My transcript:me and my wife

Vo:Gud am
Me:gud am
Vo:who is she to you asking about my wife
Me:she is my wife
Vo:when do we get married
Me:last year
Vo:do we have baby
Me:we are still expecting that
Vo:where are we going to
Me:Chicago
Vo:she started typing,where are you working
Me:told her where I work
Vo:what was my position at my place of work
Me:I told her
Vo:how much is my salary
Me:450k
Vo:asked my wife where she is working
My wife:told her
Vo:how much is ur salary
My wife:250k
Vo:typing for some mins then she asked whom my sister in US is related to between me and my wife
Me:she is my elder sister
Vo:started asking me what we didn't fill on our ds 160 form.how long has she been in US
Me:more than 9years
Vo:what is the mode of how she went to US then
Me:she went to US through US American lottery then with her husband.
Vo:type on her system for like 2 mins and then issue us somthing like blue paper and said sorry she can't grant us US naw that we should try some other time.
I asked her why she didn't asked us why we are going to US,the Vo said with all what we've said,she can't give us the visa.
Me:thank you and we left the place.
My questions:with all the answers I gave,why did she still denied us the visa?
Forgot to add
Vo:for how are we staying in US
Me:3weeks
With all the evidences we went with like my sister's invitation letter,her evidences that she is a citizen of US and other letters,the Vo didn't asked for any of it and she denied us the visa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yesbody: 11:34pm On Nov 08, 2017
Danielakonic:

Well, to me, I'm thinking the VO feels your wife is pregnant and you're using the 2YEARS old baby as a cover up. But, what were you carrying as your wife carried the baby? The Vo was just super sensitive about your appearance as a family. (Just my view).

I think you are rite on your view, I planned to carry the baby but she refused, the vo on window 5 was actually watching our drama from the mirror set at the corner
When it was our turn to move to window 9, the vo at window 5 hurriedly discharged the guy he was attending to and forced us to move to his window
The security lady was like " but Y, they are expected to move to window 9 thru her body language"
My wife was actually struggling with our baby while I was holding the 3 passport and some other document
The vo intensionally denied us bcus of my action.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Galantsantana(m): 6:27am On Nov 09, 2017
Galantsantana:
Hey house, I was denied a visiting visa about a month ago probably bcuz I dint apply wit my family who were busy then. I wud b travelling wit my wife & kids next month to anoda country anyway. I am interested in a conference comin up in d first quarter of 2018. The conference is abt youth development which I hav passion for. My qtn: can I apply alone again? I dnt want to play ``ojuju`` wit my 64k + d cost of d conference which is abt $300. Its a 3-day conferemce by a well reknowed international org. Thanks
Pls advise needed on this
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Prettylarmo026: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2017
jesufifunmi:
Don't worry, it will change to Issued. It happens like that sometimes. Be rest assured that they are not gonna deny him cheesy. Just keep tracking it.

Thanks for the encouragement. Do you know how long it takes before it changes to issued? We planned to travel on 11th before, i guess that's no more possible. Has anyone experienced this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eclispse24: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2017
This z juz an awesome platform to get screened n advised before facing d VO...i am a silent reader on ds platform. Our visa was approved 12pm ystrdy. Our transcript goes thus.
Vo:What is d purpose of ur trip
Me:Going to visit to my friend n his family in new york city
Vo:for how long will u b staying
Me:Juz two weeks
Vo:What do u do
Me:I am a lecturer at blablablah
Vo:What r ur duties as a lecturer
Me:I lecture students on vital aspect of economics
Vo:what is the difference btw macro n micro economics
Me:i use d opportunity to sell out mysef....juz downloadin evry...praprapraprapapapapa...Vo juz started typing.then stopped typing n asked again
Vo:Any travel history
Me:Non internationally
Vo:faced my wife....wat do u do...
Wifey:shes quite nervous....i am d CEO of blablabla
Vo:ur duties
Wifey:I sell blabla in wholesales in retails
Vo:how many workers do u have
Wifey:Juz 4
VO:Any travel history
Wifey:Non internationally
Vo:Do u have any kids
Ans:we chorused yes.....twins(two girls)
Vo:why r u nt going wiv dem
Mecheesy weather will b too cold n again skool will still b on session by then
Vo:Who will dey b staying wiv
Me:Grandma
Vo:started typing.....i was waitin for more questions frm d Vo....typing...typing...
Stopped typing n brot out d white paper....said i will b approving ur visa .Said thank n moved
NB:Applicant must b confident....n hv eye contact wiv Vo....ur response gives alot of impression.Above all pray for abundant grace

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Danielakonic: 7:38am On Nov 09, 2017
Yesbody:

I think you are rite on your view, I planned to carry the baby but she refused, the vo on window 5 was actually watching our drama from the mirror set at the corner
When it was our turn to move to window 9, the vo at window 5 hurriedly discharged the guy he was attending to and forced us to move to his window
The security lady was like " but Y, they are expected to move to window 9 thru her body language"
My wife was actually struggling with our baby while I was holding the 3 passport and some other document
The vo intensionally denied us bcus of my action.

Don’t feel dejected by that, you only tried your luck as we all know that its 50/50. So just happily switch to your plan B.

Best of luck in future plans.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mzsunshine(f): 8:48am On Nov 09, 2017
Here is my transcript

Vo: passports please
My sister slides in the passports
Me: good morning
Vo: good morning how are u both related
My sis: we are sisters
Vo: what are u going to the us to do
My sis: visiting and vacation
Vo: what's ur occupation
My sis: I'm an optometrist
Vo: and what's that?
My sis: explains work ish.
Vo: flips through passport I can see u visited India was that for a vacay
My sis: no it was a medical blah blah
Vo: and u as well?
Me: yes
Vo: turns to me. What do u do?
Me: I just graduated
Vo: what do intend to do
Me: explained I will be going for service soon blah blah
Vo: what did u study
Me: microbiology
Vo: any relation in us
My sis: yes my aunt
Vo: would u be staying with her?
My sis: yes we would
Vo: are u traveling with ur family?
My sis: no just my sister
Vo: how much do intend to spend on this journey
My sis: she answered
Vo: how much is that in dollars
My sis: (she does a rough calculation thinking out loud) she answers
Vo: typing for like a min. Your visas has been approved blah blah blah...

Thanks guys this thread really helped prepare me and my sis.

Advice: be honest and confident

14 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by okanla: 9:26am On Nov 09, 2017
Good they House, I would like to know if it is possible to change the principal sponsor, l had Appear twice and was denied first time has a my family wife and two kids which l was principal sponsor then.

Second time alone also denied, but is it possible for me next time to to change the sponsor of the trip to her since she is civil servant while i have my own business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.