Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172238 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by falanaseyi: 9:57am On Nov 09, 2017
Hi guys, my F1 visa interview was yesterday at 6:30am and it was approved miraculously. I was interviewed by a fresh looking friendly dude and was first on his counter. Me walking towards his counter with so much confidence but very scared inside of me.

ME: Good Morning (with a soft smile) and stretching my passport towards the space unconsciously without waiting for him to ask.
VO: Good Morning (looking so serious), receives my passport and asks for my i-20.
ME: How are you today (soft smile trying to gather some confidence) and passing on the i-20 to him.
VO: I'm fine. Thank you (me feeling more relaxed by his response)
VO: Why MBA? (typing and typing and looking at my i-20)
ME: I believe with my current level of technicality, an MBA will bridge the gap between mere technicality and leadership and the core business thereby making me a complete and competent manager. (shocked at him asking this as a first question)
VO: Whats your work? (still typing and looking at my i-20)
ME: I'm a network engineer (a bit relaxed)
VO: Explain your work (now take a break from typing and looking straight at me)
ME: My major job role is general network administration, I also attend to customer issues remotely and on-site (me quoting all i filled in my work experience page on ds-160 and a bit relax and keeping 100% eye contact)
VO: What do you as network administration? (still looking at me)
ME: I configure routers, radios etc...(me shocked in my mind at the question)
VO: Explain a star network (typing and typing)
ME: A star network is such that there is a central hub/station bla..bla...bla...(Me sooooo shocked to be asked such a question and getting more tensed)
VO: Did you apply to other schools?
ME: Yes I applied to 2 other schools, uni of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh and uni of Bridgeport in Connecticut. (a bit relaxed again)
VO: How many admissions did you get? (typing and looking at me)
ME: I got just one admission from Lincoln University which has always been my first choice, the other 2 are yet to be decided and communicated across to me. (me gathering more confidence)
VO: Did you write a standardized test?
ME: Yes i took test of English as a foreign language (me feeling cool and confident again)
VO: What was your score?
ME: I scored an 89 (feeling so cool)
VO: What was your *fast fast talk*
ME: Sorry, can you repeat yourself? (now feeling a bit tensed)
VO: What was your score breakdown?
ME: I honestly can not remember the exact breakdown but i can only remember i had my least score in speaking which was 20. (now i felt very foolish at my answer feeling like i have failed, at this point, on the background, i could hear other VOs rejection speech, i was soooo tensed)
VO: How do you intend to pay your fees?
ME: My father {full name} is sponsoring me.
VO: What does your father do?
ME: He is the CEO of {company name}
VO: What does his company do?
ME: His company in into bla...bla..blaa (a bit confident again)
VO: What will you do when you finish your studies?
ME: I will come back to Nigeria and resume back at my current place of work (with so much confidence)
VO: What do you mean...by resuming back?
ME: I am on a study leave (confidently)
VO: Oh.....back to your current job role?
ME: No, I must have been qualified for a top job role after completion of my study in Lincoln University.
VO: What top job role will you take up at work place? (looking seriously at me)
ME: Well..i do not know. That will be left for the management to decide but I am pretty sure it will be a managerial role (a bit tensed again hearing another rejection speech on the background)
VO: What position do you wish to take up?
ME: IT manager (i had to think this out in milliseconds, feeling so uncomfortable why the questions keep coming but never lost focus of the eye contact)
VO: typing and typing and typing for maybe 30 seconds, places his hand on my passport and keeps somewhere next to him.
ME: at this point all on my mind was *white paper, white paper, whiter paper, white paper........still keeping the eye contact
VO: suddenly pulls out the white paper, checks his computer for something, circles a part of the white paper and finally makes the speech.....your visa...bla...bla...bla, you will receive a text or email when your passport is ready, pick it up from the location I have circled for you on the paper, make sure you also go with your i-20 when going for your passport.
ME: Thank you (still in shock but keeping the eye contact), receives the paper and look at it briefly feeling sooooo cool.
ME: Have a great day! (thumbs up) and walks out!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beezyblaze(m): 9:57am On Nov 09, 2017
My interview was on the 6th 8:30am... At Abuja.
We went as a group..... Soccer team..from lagos . 16 players and 4 officials....to participate in a tournament on the 20th of this month at Houston Texas.. .... Copa rayados.
We all got denied flat....i wasn't even surprised... With the way pink slips were flying about...i already lost hope...with about 30 people that were interviewed before us... Just one white slip was issued.... And i was already calculating how millions of naira was burning In matter of minutes... Smh .....my coach was the first to be interviewed...by a young African American Lady.....he told her its a group appointment...she said its none of her business... That everyone must be interviewed individually.....well.... It didn't take up to 5 minutes for us all to be interviewed and denied. ...we all met outside... Entered our bus... Straight to our lodge.... No one said a word....some were almost crying while some were already crying. .....phones were ringing... our parents calling.... No one could answer. ...we were all heartbroken.. Thinking about it now.. It's kinda funny.... But trust me... Then.. It wasn't one bit..
now I'm home tho...thinking of my next step.... I just really want to be out of this country before next year.... Even if its an amateur team or football academy.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:57am On Nov 09, 2017
okanla:
Good they House, I would like to know if it is possible to change the principal sponsor, l had Appear twice and was denied first time has a my family wife and two kids which l was principal sponsor then.

Second time alone also denied, but is it possible for me next time to to change the sponsor of the trip to her since she is civil servant while i have my own business.

Just because of that? Makes little or almost no sense sha....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 10:01am On Nov 09, 2017
YOU WERE ASKED IF YOU HAVE A RELATIVE IN THE US, IN THE FORM, YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID YES, EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STAY WITH THEM. MOST CASES THESE ARE A DISADVANTAGE, ESPECIALLY IF THEY ENTERED ILLEGALLY. OTHERWISE IT IS ALWAYS ADVISABLE, TO ANSWER THE FORM QUESTIONS TRUTHFULLY.

del5545:
My transcript:me and my wife

Vo:Gud am
Me:gud am
Vo:who is she to you asking about my wife
Me:she is my wife
Vo:when do we get married
Me:last year
Vo:do we have baby
Me:we are still expecting that
Vo:where are we going to
Me:Chicago
Vo:she started typing,where are you working
Me:told her where I work
Vo:what was my position at my place of work
Me:I told her
Vo:how much is my salary
Me:450k
Vo:asked my wife where she is working
My wife:told her
Vo:how much is ur salary
My wife:250k
Vo:typing for some mins then she asked whom my sister in US is related to between me and my wife
Me:she is my elder sister
Vo:started asking me what we didn't fill on our ds 160 form.how long has she been in US
Me:more than 9years
Vo:what is the mode of how she went to US then
Me:she went to US through US American lottery then with her husband.
Vo:type on her system for like 2 mins and then issue us somthing like blue paper and said sorry she can't grant us US naw that we should try some other time.
I asked her why she didn't asked us why we are going to US,the Vo said with all what we've said,she can't give us the visa.
Me:thank you and we left the place.
My questions:with all the answers I gave,why did she still denied us the visa?
Forgot to add
Vo:for how are we staying in US
Me:3weeks
With all the evidences we went with like my sister's invitation letter,her evidences that she is a citizen of US and other letters,the Vo didn't asked for any of it and she denied us the visa

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 10:06am On Nov 09, 2017
"now I'm home tho...thinking of my next step.... I just really want to be out of this country before next year.... Even if its an amateur team or football academy."

THE VO WAS RIGHT TO DENY ALL OF YOU. EVEN IN COMPETITIONS ORGANISED BY REPUTABLE BODIES LIKES THE IOC, ATHLETES HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO ABSCOND. WITHOUT A STRONG TIES TO NIGERIA, YOU WONT BE GIVEN A VISA.

beezyblaze:
We went as a group..... Soccer team..from lagos . 16 players and 4 officials....to participate in a tournament on the 20th of this month at Houston Texas.. .... Copa rayados.
We all got denied flat....i wasn't even surprised... With the way pink slips were flying about...i already lost hope...with about 30 people that were interviewed before us... Just one white slip was issued.... And i was already calculating how millions of naira was burning In matter of minutes... Smh .....my coach was the first to be interviewed...by a young African American Lady.....he told her its a group appointment...she said its none of her business... That everyone must be interviewed individually.....well.... It didn't take up to 5 minutes for us all to be interviewed and denied. ...we all met outside... Entered our bus... Straight to our lodge.... No one said a word....some were almost crying while some were already crying. .....phones were ringing... our parents calling.... No one could answer. ...we were all heartbroken.. Thinking about it now.. It's kinda funny.... But trust me... Then.. It wasn't one bit..
now I'm home tho...thinking of my next step.... I just really want to be out of this country before next year.... Even if its an amateur team or football academy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 10:09am On Nov 09, 2017
IF THERE IS ANY ISSUE WITH YOUR APPLICATION, IT WONT BE BECAUSE OF "PRINCIPAL SPONSOR".
- YOU APPEARED WITH YOUR FAMILY, FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
- YOU APPEARED ALONE, FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

okanla:
Good they House, I would like to know if it is possible to change the principal sponsor, l had Appear twice and was denied first time has a my family wife and two kids which l was principal sponsor then.

Second time alone also denied, but is it possible for me next time to to change the sponsor of the trip to her since she is civil servant while i have my own business.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by del5545(m): 10:15am On Nov 09, 2017
I filled my relatives names on the ds 160 form,my elder sis and my younger bro.my sister didn't enter US through illegal means as u said,is America via lottery illegal mean?another person should pls answer why I was denied?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nikkygold4life(f): 10:24am On Nov 09, 2017
Hello people I need your advice. My family is planning to visit the US this December but we have not filled the form let alone get appointment for interview. Here are my questions:
1.Do you think it's possible for us to make the traveling this December?
2. Is it advisable for one to apply for visa on newly issued passport (got them on Tuesday) or do I need to wait a while like for some months?
Thanks for your kind response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beezyblaze(m): 10:27am On Nov 09, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
"now I'm home tho...thinking of my next step.... I just really want to be out of this country before next year.... Even if its an amateur team or football academy."

THE VO WAS RIGHT TO DENY ALL OF YOU. EVEN IN COMPETITIONS ORGANISED BY REPUTABLE BODIES LIKES THE IOC, ATHLETES HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO ABSCOND. WITHOUT A STRONG TIES TO NIGERIA, YOU WONT BE GIVEN A VISA.

Yh yh... Ikr... But the team have traveled to Germany and Denmark for competitions...in which they won... We even took the trophy along....but we weren't allowed to take it in....
Well what I'm after now is a link or connection that will get me an academy or amateur team.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:28am On Nov 09, 2017
KaptainAfrika:

KaptainAfrica! Worry359 incarnate....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 10:54am On Nov 09, 2017
Sorry about that. The US Embassy dey craze atimes e.g when they denied visa to the Afghan girls going for a recognised competition. Maybe you guys applied for the wrong visa? I know its not a B1/B2 for a sporting competition, I may be wrong. Sorry again about your denial, they are other countries willing to support your dreams. All the best!

beezyblaze:

Yh yh... Ikr... But the team have traveled to Germany and Denmark for competitions...in which they won... We even took the trophy along....but we weren't allowed to take it in....
Well what I'm after now is a link or connection that will get me an academy or amateur team.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 10:56am On Nov 09, 2017
Who is worry359 ? lol
OmoBendel24:

KaptainAfrica! Worry359 incarnate....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by okanla: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
IF THERE IS ANY ISSUE WITH YOUR APPLICATION, IT WONT BE BECAUSE OF "PRINCIPAL SPONSOR".
- YOU APPEARED WITH YOUR FAMILY, FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
- YOU APPEARED ALONE, FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

Both times are on Vacation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 11:31am On Nov 09, 2017
Okay lets reason as a VO together.
You first appeared with your family, for vacation, denied.
You then reappeared alone, for vacation, denied. The VO is probably wondering why go alone, why not with your family (just a guess).
- Either they are not satisfied with your family travel history
- Or financial ability
- Or both
How about you and your family travel out, especially to countries, whose visa application processes are "not easy". And then much later, reapply?

okanla:
Both times are on Vacation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2017
@bolded

Do your team have any plans to come back to Nigeria?

beezyblaze:
now I'm home tho...thinking of my next step ... I just really want to be out of this country before next year....Even if its an amateur team or football academy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2017
Galantsantana:
Hey house, I was denied a visiting visa about a month ago probably bcuz I dint apply wit my family who were busy then. I wud b travelling wit my wife & kids next month to anoda country anyway. I am interested in a conference comin up in d first quarter of 2018. The conference is abt youth development which I hav passion for. My qtn: can I apply alone again? I dnt want to play ``ojuju`` wit my 64k + d cost of d conference which is abt $300. Its a 3-day conferemce by a well reknowed international org. Thanks
Travel out with your family first then when you return you can start thinking about conference and also I will advise you to cool it down to middle of next year because to me you decided to travel with your family because U.S rejected you and you're also desperate to re-apply asap.
Don't appear desperate.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mumdom: 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2017
my husband, my a year old baby nd I are going as a family for interview next week,for vacation.I fill my husband sibling in d form as a d only relative.BT we booked hotel.wat is ur opinion on it.wat likely questions do u think might cum our way
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2017
del5545:

Vo:typing for some mins then she asked whom my sister in US is related to between me and my wife
Vo:started asking me what we didn't fill on our ds 160 form.how long has she been in US
Vo:type on her system for like 2 mins and then issue us somthing like blue paper and said sorry she can't grant us US naw that we should try some other time.
I asked her why she didn't asked us why we are going to US,the Vo said with all what we've said,she can't give us the visa.
Forgot to add

With all the evidences we went with like my sister's invitation letter,her evidences that she is a citizen of US and other letters,the Vo didn't asked for any of it and she denied us the visa

I think the only tie to Nigeria is your job and for the fact that your sister is settled in U.S made issuing you a visa difficult because they feel like it will be easy for you or your wife to stay behind especially with no kid(s) in the marriage yet.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 1:05pm On Nov 09, 2017
Mumdom:
my husband, my a year old baby nd I are going as a family for interview next week,for vacation.I fill my husband sibling in d form as a d only relative.BT we booked hotel.wat is ur opinion on it.wat likely questions do u think might cum our way

Why did you book hotel, are you not planning to stay with your husband sibling?. Its not negative to visit family in the US

Tell the vo why you decided to stay in hotel and make it convincing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mumdom: 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2017
we were trying to avoid d impression of staying back.thks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2017
okanla:

I don't understand what you mean?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2017
del5545:

Forgot to add

Sorry for the denial, you were just not convincing enough. The vo did not even ask if you have traveled before, she was already convinced you are not genuine tourist, mind you, I am not saying she was right.

Be persuasive next time, answer with more conviction, like where are you going, tell her the specific location, not just Chicago
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2017
beezyblaze:
Sorry about the denial ... I think most time it's the organizer of the tournament that will arrange with the embassy if it's possible for your team to be issued visa before applying (Not sure just my guess)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mumdom: 1:25pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=Tarry post=62217639]

what do u think. are u saying we shud use my husband brother place as our stay.or is ur own opinion.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=Mumdom post=62218275][/quote]
You don't have to stay in their place and I will advise you to stay in hotel and if possible another state far from them... including them in your application is not wrong and it's not wrong if you want to stay in hotel either.. your ties is all that matter at this moment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=Mumdom post=62218275][/quote]

Yes. staying with your husband brother is a plus, because it gives your a reason to visit and also reduces your expenses and it does not jeopardies your chance as your ties back home is the main key to whether you will come back not because you have a close family there. I indicated we will be staying with my brother in US and the vo did not even ask any question about my brother and approved our visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mumdom: 2:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
thks for ur contributions.am grateful.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Tarry(m): 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
okanla:

Why would you want to put your wife as the principal sponsor, is her income more than yours? If you cannot convince the vo concerning your business and your income, your chances are slim.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beezyblaze(m): 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2017
seyewest:

Sorry about the denial ... I think most time it's the organizer of the tournament that will arrange with the embassy if it's possible for your team to be issued visa before applying (Not sure just my guess)

Yh exactly.... Twas after the denial.. The organizers started calling and mailing the embassy........something they could have done before the appointment date.
Smh.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beezyblaze(m): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2017
OtunOba15:
@bolded

Do your team have any plans to come back to Nigeria?

Yh sure....we've been to Germany and Denmark...... Everyone came back..... . Except the ones that were scouted by agents or teams.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by beezyblaze(m): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Sorry about that. The US Embassy dey craze atimes e.g when they denied visa to the Afghan girls going for a recognised competition. Maybe you guys applied for the wrong visa? I know its not a B1/B2 for a sporting competition, I may be wrong. Sorry again about your denial, they are other countries willing to support your dreams. All the best!

Thanks boss.... Thanks alot.
And yh... When i read about the afgan girls denial..... I was like shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2017
If this is the case, you guys can still reapply. I think the visa category thats relevant to you, includes the organisers applying for visa's on your behalf, then you attend the interview. Its like the one they do for musicians, coming to do tours in the US.
beezyblaze:

Yh exactly.... Twas after the denial.. The organizers started calling and mailing the embassy........something they could have done before the appointment date.
Smh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.