Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170650 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:50am On Jul 05, 2018
Bisolanpost=69101500:
LadyG LadyG LadyG my belle just dey sweet me as I dey read your posts, you are absolutely amazing #bighug
Nne Biko can you convert the sweet belle to Ugba and Pammie??! grin grin

Lol. Thanks boo. We bless God for the ability

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by femiart(m): 12:31pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hi all, nice job from all those that have contributed.

I have a quick question, my uncle invited me over for his wedding anniversary, so I'll be staying at his side and according to the form i filled , he is the one sponsoring my trip. But he said his account statement isn't needed, so he has refused to send his account statement.

Also do I have to schedule flight ticket before I go for the interview?

Thanks as I await your responses.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2018
femiart:

I have a quick question, my uncle invited me over for his wedding anniversary, so I'll be staying at his side and according to the form i filled , he is the one sponsoring my trip. But he said his account statement isn't needed, so he has refused to send his account statement.

If you are not doing very well in Nigeria getting the visa will be a miracle because attending wedding anniversary is not a good reason to visit US, as its you are a potential immigrant.

You don't need to schedule a flight before going for interview

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
femiart:

No, don't buy anything till you procure your visa.
You may not be asked about the statement of account, but things are really changing , so if he's inviting you, he should be ready to give it to you. Why not go with yours?

How is your travel history?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ANIT1: 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
abnot:

I read this somewhere : "U.S. Citizen Child – Anchor Child – Born to a B-1/B-2 Tourist Visa Holder: Recently, I had a client call me stating he was called into the U.S. Embassy and his B-1/B-2 tourist visa was cancelled because his wife recently went to the U.S. and had a baby born in the United States. Although he had a business in Guyana and no intent to move or live in the United States, his B-1/B-2 tourist visa was cancelled. The grounds for such cancellation may have been
the fact that the visa holder now has a U.S. citizen immediate relative (child born in the U.S.) and eventually that child (when it reaches age 21) can file a family immigration petition for the visa holder."

How true can this be if there isn’t anything fishy’ that the person involved hasn’t shared. I know giving birth in the US isn’t a new thing by tourist B1B2 visa holders, It’s as old as 1900 sef. Even back in the days people hide their pregnancy entered the US and give birth there with a large number of them not even paying a cent for the medical bills. Which is one of the reasons they now ask you show reciepts of bills if you had a baby there at the POE. Today they still issue medical visas to intended mothers so I doubt if it’s because they had a child in the US that lead to visa cancellation. People should give actual reasons and stop creating unnecessary panic for others

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by femiart(m): 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
Virgin Passport
winterstorm:

No, don't buy anything till you procure your visa.
You may not be asked about the statement of account, but things are really changing , so if he's inviting you, he should be ready to give it to you. Why not go with yours?

How is your travel history?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peejay03: 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
Good Afternoon.
During my interview application, I mistakenly registered my mums passport number on my account which was later recitified by having the account deactivated. The issue i’m having at the moment is that, I created another account to apply with my correct passport number but I keep getting a message that someone else has my passport details registered on his/her account which is restricting me from applying for my interview. I’ve called the call center rep and also sent mails but nothing has been done to rectify it. Has anyone experienced such or has an idea on how to go about it please. A response would really be appreciated. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by drered(m): 3:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hi Guys,
So I just got denied a B1/B2 visa under section 214(b) today when all my reasons for being in the US are legit.

I have a company induction to attend in the US fully sponsored by my company in the US and its for August 16. Flights and hotel accommodation is paid for already.

I also have to be in South Africa first week of August so I'm in a big fix.

I want to reapply for an emergency interview like I did for this appointment that got denied. Any pointers as to how to go about reapplying? Nd the earliest date available for an emergency appointment?

I was literally just asked what I'm going for and if I'm married and the next thing was denial..

Prompt responses would be appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2018
drered:
Hi Guys,
So I just got denied a B1/B2 visa under section 214(b) today when all my reasons for being in the US are legit.

I have a company induction to attend in the US fully sponsored by my company in the US and its for August 16. Flights and hotel accommodation is paid for already.

I want to reapply for an emergency interview like I did for this appointment that got denied. Any pointers as to how to go about reapplying? Nd the earliest date available for an emergency appointment?

I was literally just asked what I'm going for and if I'm married and the next thing was denial..

Sorry about the denial... I'll advise you apply for emergency interview but wait oooo who is the induction for?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by winterstorm: 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
femiart:
Virgin Passport

Nooo, getting a visa is really a miracle for you.
Can't he send you elsewhere? undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2018
drered:
Hi Guys,

Sorry about the refusal.
However, the embassy makes it clear one should not incur any expenses before getting a visa.
Truth is, the chances of getting them to change their decision at this point is very low, in my opinion.
I do not believe that they are still issuing visas based on logic, rather on a policy we don't seem to know about.
If your circumstances are the same and the purpose still the same, why would the next vo change the Desicion?
Attend other conferences else where and reapply maybe after the 6 months. That's my take
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 4:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Sorry about the refusal.
However, the embassy makes it clear one should not incur any expenses before getting a visa.
Truth is, the chances of getting them to change their decision at this point is very low, in my opinion.
I do not believe that they are still issuing visas based on logic, rather on a policy we don't seem to know about.
If your circumstances are the same and the purpose still the same, why would the next vo change the Desicion?
Attend other conferences else where and reapply maybe after the 6 months. That's my take

I hear.....that there is a policy to deny visa applications as much as possible, except for medical and highly important situations.

This is because Nigerians have been abusing their visas lately and a lot absconding to Canada.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
Even if 10 people traveling for the same purpose are denied on the same day, each case remains unique to the applicant.

I like to hear the full story of all 10 applicants instead of creating a "one size fits all" approach.

It is a possibility that Gertrude[not real name] may be among the 10 refused. Gertrude went for birthing and overstayed the 6months. We all assumed that she had legally migrated to join her husband after marriage and had top respect for her.

We didn't know that Gertrude went on a B1/B2 Visa and her husband was just there in the US temporarily. Husband was relocated but Gertrude stayed back.

Gertrude came back and boldly went to renew her visa. Gertrude was denied. Gertrude could be among the 10 that were refused.

Then there's John [not real name] who is currently preparing to bamboozle the VO at the interview. However that's a story for another day.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ayenikunle: 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
drered:
Hi Guys,

Have you ever had an interview for the US visa before?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by drered(m): 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Sorry about the refusal.

That's the thing. It's not a conference. It's an induction for the program I'm running and it's crucial for my future in my company. See it like a company training I absolutely have to go to with the total cost paid by the company..

I'll have to re-apply regardless. I didn't even get a chance to show that I have strong ties home. I earn more than enough to not want to leave the country.

I was literally only asked what I'm going to do and if I'm married
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by drered(m): 10:22pm On Jul 05, 2018
ayenikunle:

Have you ever had an interview for the US visa before?

Nope. This was my first..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ggetter50: 12:41am On Jul 06, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

Sorry about the refusal.
Please, can you answer my question that I directed to you? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:08am On Jul 06, 2018
Ggetter50:

Please, can you answer my question that I directed to you? Thanks
That you directed me to?
OK Sir. Wait for me sir

I saw your question but didn't answer it because it has been dealt with several times and all you gotta do is read up a Lil bit. Use the search button and put in Key words.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bigbus: 2:40am On Jul 06, 2018
drered:
Hi Guys,

Sir, Can you share your transcript? Also, is your company based/headquartered in the US, South Africa or Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by nakeina025: 10:03am On Jul 06, 2018
Hi guys, Please has anyone done dropbox in Abuja recently? dropped my passport since June 19, till now no update. when i try to track it, it says NO INFORMATION FOR THIS PASSPORT NUMBER! what would be the issue?
i travelled to US once on my first visa and no issue at all.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tswise: 11:57am On Jul 06, 2018
Kai! we hardly see transcript nowadays.
I want to appeal to those that have gone to embassy to share their transcript weather good or bad for others to learn and keep the thread alive. Abeg oo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2018
tswise:
Kai! we hardly see transcript nowadays.
I want to appeal to those that have gone to embassy to share their transcript weather good or bad for other
s to learn and keep the thread alive. Abeg oo

Embassy is very dry these days. I was at Walter Carrington yesterday and the queue at the USA embassy was very light even those I notices had blue paper with them. Even the German embassy where I dropped of an applicant was no exception the place had less than 10people waiting to go in for their interview

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2018
ladylco:

Embassy is very dry these days. I was at Walter Carrington yesterday and the queue at the USA embassy was very light even those I notices had blue paper with them. Even the German embassy where I dropped of an applicant was no exception the place had less than 10people waiting to go in for their interview
I also heard same. Didn't post it cos I try to post only info I verify.
Na wa o!!! This is a scary something!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ggetter50: 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

That you directed me to?
OK Sir. Wait for me sir

I saw your question but didn't answer it because it has been dealt with several times and all you gotta do is read up a Lil bit. Use the search button and put in Key words.
I actually directed the question to you because I only mentioned your name there, but I never knew that I was shooting myself in the leg.

Asking me to read back is enough !!! The bold part is not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
Ggetter50:

I actually directed the question to you because I only mentioned your name there, but I never knew that I was shooting myself in the leg.

Asking me to read back is enough !!! The bold part is not necessary.
I will say what I feel is necessary. In case you don't get it, the tone of the part I repeated was rude. I found it rude. However, I still offered help that I could. So that's that.
Have a great day.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I also heard same. Didn't post it cos I try to post only info I verify.
Na wa o!!! This is a scary something!

My sister na so o.

I guess the 6 month gap after refusal before reapplying may be the cause or people have woken up to the realisation that its not worth throwing away #57k just like that in the hard times.since rate of refusal is on the high side.

My advise if the reason to travel is not strong enough abeg my country people pocket ur money or better still u can safe it wit my bank and earn interest grin

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by odehbrainard: 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2018
My interview is on Monday in Abuja, the stuffs have been reading here for about a month now hasn’t been good at all,makes me wonder if attending my best friends wedding and also vacationing a bit in newyork and Indiana is less important, I mean some people on the thread are saying they only consider medical visas and important cases, could me attending a wedding be passed as important? Just asking?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2018
odehbrainard:
My interview is on Monday in Abuja, the stuffs have been reading here for about a month now hasn’t been good at all,makes me wonder if attending my best friends wedding and also vacationing a bit in newyork and Indiana is less important, I mean some people on the thread are saying they only consider medical visas and important cases, could me attending a wedding be passed as important? Just asking?

Leave all those worries first. What role are you playing in that wedding? Possibly enumerate your understood ties to Nigeria if you can and let's see. What's your travel history like too?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Uniqueempress(f): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2018
Hello,please this is urgent,my mum is panicking and crying, she applied for renewal and used her gmail account cause she couldn't remember the Yahoo email and it was detected and said she should wait a while for verification,please what does this mean and how long will she wait?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Uniqueempress(f): 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2018
LadyGuinivere:

I will say what I feel is necessary. In case you don't get it, the tone of the part I repeated was rude. I found it rude. However, I still offered help that I could. So that's that.
Have a great day.

Hello,please this is urgent,my mum is panicking and crying, she applied for renewal and used her gmail account cause she couldn't remember the Yahoo email and it was detected and said she should wait a while for verification,please what does this mean and how long will she wait?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by odehbrainard: 8:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Leave all those worries first. What role are you playing in that wedding? Possibly enumerate your understood ties to Nigeria if you can and let's see. What's your travel history like too?

A groomsman, my best friend from childhood is the groom but the wife invited me cause he is a permanent resident and at such felt the wife who was born and bred in America inviting me would carrry much weight. As for travel history UAE, Southafrica.
Nowadays a good job doesn’t even mean a thing to them anymore. Am single, fiancée is schooling in the UK, I have this feeling that I would get the visa if I can stay calm during the interview. Reading stuffs here though is making me feel less qualified with everything.

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.