Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,965 members, 7,810,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170759 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2018
Lillian1004:

I do smell that also cos I have only saw him go to Dubai and Kenya before. But he told me he has been to many European countries. Thanks for the advice I will let him know now that I am not doing anymore. I will try to study in Germany since that will only involve me opening a block account and deposit like 3.5 M into the account. I really appreciate. Thank you once again. You Have just save me from wasting my money. He has been disturbing me to start the payment today.

You better face your book. When the time to travel comes u will not look for visa, it's visa that will find you. Don't do what you will forever regret.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by onyxo76(m): 4:07pm On Jul 07, 2018
tswise:

My wife and kids will be going on family vacation to Disney land in California. Have already book for the appointment before I learn about this high rate of refusal.
Though, we have learnt so much from the various postings here, I will appreciate any tips on how to succeed in this new regime.
well i got mine about 2 months ago, i shared my transcript on this thread,though things have really changed since mid may. i guess i'm of the lucky few that got the white slip without any real hassles.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peejay03: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2018
I’ve tried reading through the previous pages and threads for a similar case but couldn’t get any. Anyone who has an idea or has experienced this existing profile issue should please tell me how to go about rectifying it

Attached is the message I get when I try scheduling my interview and I don’t know the owner of the account.

NB: I just renewed my passport and it hasn’t been used to apply anywhere.

Thank you as I await someone’s response.
peejay03:
Good evening house,

Anyone who has experienced an already existing account issue while applying for interview should please help me out. I need to know how long it took to get it sorted and the medium in which it was done. I'm not familiar with the existing account neither did i create it. I urgently need a response please.. Thank you

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by odehbrainard: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Give it a shot, especially if your job is good and if your friend is "clean" too.... Either him or wife-to-be can invite you. Will just hint you now, as best friends, a more important role at his wedding ain't bad.

Already got the invite, already filed, signed and submitted the form, what sort of role you talking about?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
tswise:

My wife and kids will be going on family vacation to Disney land in California. Have already book for the appointment before I learn about this high rate of refusal.
Though, we have learnt so much from the various postings here, I will appreciate any tips on how to succeed in this new regime.

Sir kindly attend your appointment with zero burden in mind. Questions are very easy. Easier than any job interview . If it’s approved continue with your plan and if it’s not approved go to Disney in Paris which is also very lovely . Most of the scaremongers on this chat wall are invested so much on the Visa project . If you’re investing only the visa fees and your application you should be fine whichever way it turns out

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by bimbo2015: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2018
hi dears. do I need a letter of consent from my spouse where I want to apply for myself as well as my kids for a visa? cant I simply go with my passport and the kids passport?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2018
peejay03:
I’ve tried reading through the previous pages and threads for a similar case but couldn’t get any. Anyone who has an idea or has experienced this existing profile issue should please tell me how to go about rectifying it

Attached is the message I get when I try scheduling my interview and I don’t know the owner of the account.

NB: I just renewed my passport and it hasn’t been used to apply anywhere.

Thank you as I await someone’s response.

It's not a problem. Do support a mail with the challenge and attach the biodata page your profile will be reset to enable you update accordingly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peejay03: 8:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
Thank you for your response.
I’ve done that since Monday 2nd of July and also called severally as well. I was told it’s been escalated and would be rectified in 24hours. It’s not been rectified till date and my follow up mails are not been attended to.
I don’t know how long more I need to wait.

ladylco:

It's not a problem. Do support a mail with the challenge and attach the biodata page your profile will be reset to enable you update accordingly
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2018
peejay03:
Thank you for your response.
I’ve done that since Monday 2nd of July and also called severally as well. I was told it’s been escalated and would be rectified in 24hours. It’s not been rectified till date and my follow up mails are not been attended to.
I don’t know how long more I need to wait.

You have done all of the necessary, that thing will only clear-out like magic once they are done at their end.... Dunno exactly what that annoying stuff is about, but patience so far has been the cure to the best of my knowledge. However just be on them both on the phone and via email. "ESCALATED" will keep popping up each time though, till you get cleared!

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by peejay03: 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
Thank you.
OmoBendel24:

You have done all of the necessary, that thing will only clear-out like magic once they are done at their end.... Dunno exactly what that annoying stuff is about, but patience so far has been the cure to the best of my knowledge. However just be on them both on the phone and via email. "ESCALATED" will keep popping up each time though, till you get cleared!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tswise: 6:43am On Jul 08, 2018
Thanks so much. Have dropped all the unnecessary concerns and fear in my mind now, since it is not a do or die affairs.
Happy Sunday!

abnot:

Sir kindly attend your appointment with zero burden in mind. Questions are very easy. Easier than any job interview . If it’s approved continue with your plan and if it’s not approved go to Disney in Paris which is also very lovely . Most of the scaremongers on this chat wall are invested so much on the Visa project . If you’re investing only the visa fees and your application you should be fine whichever way it turns out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tswise: 6:50am On Jul 08, 2018
Congrat sir! I tap into your grace. I will also be one of the lucky few that got the white slip this week. Thanks
Happy Sunday!

onyxo76:
well i got mine about 2 months ago, i shared my transcript on this thread,though things have really changed since mid may. i guess i'm of the lucky few that got the white slip without any real hassles.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by odehbrainard: 12:50pm On Jul 09, 2018
Had my interview today, wasn’t given the visa, my interview thus went like this.

Me: hello Good morning
VO: Goodmorning
VO: what countries have you visited the last two years
Me: 2016 Southafrica, 2017 UAE
VO: why are you going to Indianapolis
Me: To attend my bestfriends wedding where am to play the role of his best man.
VO: are you married?
Me: I and my fiancée ain’t ready to commit to marriage yet.

Handed me white paper and my passport. Well I really don’t know where it went wrong, only God knows, of the over twenty persons before me, only a lady whose son is a doctor in America and one family who were based in Qatar were given.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by RefKing: 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2018
Hmm
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by odehbrainard: 1:07pm On Jul 09, 2018
RefKing:
Hmm
I don’t even feel bad about it, reason being that my intentions were genuine and I answered my questions in all honesty. America isn’t a do or die affair to me, my friend who wanted me to come over for his wedding felt really bad that I wasn’t given. But then again you can’t force the VO against his or her wish. I would never lie or misrepresent just cause of a visa. No way.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AZUH: 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2018
odehbrainard:
Had my interview today, wasn’t given the visa, my interview thus went like this.

Handed me white paper and my passport. Well I really don’t know where it went wrong, only God knows, of the over twenty persons before me, only a lady whose son is a doctor in America and one family who were based in Qatar were given.
you cannot run away like that .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
odehbrainard:

I don’t even feel bad about it, reason being that my intentions were genuine and I answered my questions in all honesty. America isn’t a do or die affair to me, my friend who wanted me to come over for his wedding felt really bad that I wasn’t given. But then again you can’t force the VO against his or her wish. I would never lie or misrepresent just cause of a visa. No way.

I know, right?

Anyways, those that still end up abusing the terms of their visiting visas made the same statement.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by vista411: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2018
His purpose of travelling is weak
He has weak ties
His reply was also weak
He said he is not ready to commit himself in Nigeria and wants to go to America where scores of ladies are ready to be committed to marriage.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2018
vista411:
He has weak ties
His reply was also weak
He said he is not ready to commit himself in Nigeria and wants to go to America where scores of ladies are ready to be committed to marriage.
cheesy cheesy U ehn!!!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YankeeJJC(m): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2018
odehbrainard:

your best friend entered on what visa?

The VO denied to wait till you are ready because u might change your mind when u get there and be ready to settle down, broda u won't come back to wed that sister, even if u wish your Friend will convince u to pick there.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LaCotti: 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2018
Hi,
Was your interview in Lagos or Abuja
odehbrainard:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2018
odehbrainard:

Sorry about the refusal.
The response on reason for travelling is not very strong yet acceptable.

Your response to the marriage question was honest and that is good. However, it does not show a good tie. Like someone mentioned earlier, you may abscond if you see the yankee ladies in their scanty wears during this summer. grin . My broda, forget, the temptation is real. If i were to be the VO, I would not approve your visa.

From the above, I see he didn't ask you about your job, meaning he was not interested in proving alternative ties you may have or from your DS-160 form, he feels a job tie does not suffice.

BTW, how did your best friend enter and remain in the US?

Your comment on the number of refusals prior to yours confirms the difficulty in obtaining visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by stevewale(m): 4:20pm On Jul 09, 2018
Some posts up here crack me up � ...

Well, guys my mum attended her interview today as stated on here before now seeking for advice and she was denied sad.

I invited her to visit me here ... btw, I migrated to US legally so that’s out of the reasons I can think of. Meanwhile, below is her transcripts as I was told:

Mum: Good morning
VO: Good morning madam
VO: Where are you going to in US
Mum: Bleep state
VO: who is inviting you
Mum: My son, to visit him and his family
VO: How many kids did he have
Mum: 1
VO: how old is the child
Mum: 2 years
VO: what do you do
Mum: Business
VO: What type of business?
Mum: xxxxxxx yyyy zzzzz
VO: how long do you want to stay
Mum: 3 months
VO: but 3 months is too small you can stay a bit longer than that
Mum: No just 3 months is what I plan to stay
VO: how many kids you have
Mum: 3 (2 here and 1 in US)
VO: how long has your son been in the states
Mum: Bleep years
VO: sorry bla bla bla

Still trying to fathom what went wrong...

I will reapply for her one more time again, thereafter, file for her.

Guys did anyone see anything wrong with her responses or could it be the current waves of rejection going on?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by odehbrainard: 4:53pm On Jul 09, 2018
vista411:
He has weak ties
His reply was also weak

Would have really taken this seriously but NO. The moment I saw young people like myself who came for drop box been denied straight up, I knew it was gonna be difficult for people like myself who haven’t been to the USA before.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by odehbrainard: 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2018
KDK:

Sorry about the refusal.

Your response to the marriage question was honest and that is good. However, it does not show a good tie. Like someone mentioned earlier, you may abscond if you see the yankee ladies in their scanty wears during this summer. grin . My broda, forget, the temptation is real. If i were to be the VO, I would not approve your visa.

From the above, I see he didn't ask you about your job, meaning he was not interested in proving alternative ties you may have or from your DS-160 form, he feels a job tie does not suffice.

Your comment on the number of refusals prior to yours confirms the difficulty in obtaining visas.
My bestfriends wife sent the invitation and she was born there.my friend schooled in the USA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by odehbrainard: 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2018
KDK:

Sorry about the refusal.

My bestfriends wife sent the invitation and she was born there.my friend schooled in the USA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KDK(m): 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2018
stevewale:
Some posts up here crack me up � ...

Well, guys my mum attended her interview today as stated on here before now seeking for advice and she was denied sad.

I invited her to visit me here ... btw, I migrated to US legally so that’s out of the reasons I can think of. Meanwhile, below is her transcripts as I was told:

Mum: Good morning
VO: Good morning madam
VO: Where are you going to in US
Mum: Bleep state
VO: who is inviting you
Mum: My son, to visit him and his family
VO: How many kids did he have
Mum: 1
VO: how old is the child
Mum: 2 years
VO: what do you do
Mum: Business
VO: What type of business?
Mum: xxxxxxx yyyy zzzzz
VO: how long do you want to stay
Mum: 3 months
VO: but 3 months is too small you can stay a bit longer than that
Mum: No just 3 months is what I plan to stay
VO: how many kids you have
Mum: 3 (2 here and 1 in US)
VO: how long has your son been in the states
Mum: Bleep years
VO: sorry bla bla bla

Still trying to fathom what went wrong...

I will reapply for her one more time again, thereafter, file for her.

Guys did anyone see anything wrong with her responses or could it be the current waves of rejection going on?

I recall you asked me about parents that were invited. For some reasons, being old is no longer an advantage at the US embassy and it is sad. The only thing I can suspect here is the VO asking whether she wouldn't want to stay longer as 3 months is too small. This can be seen in two ways:
1. The VO is fishing to see if she harbours any intention to stay more than she stated. (if the VO sensed ur mum is hiding something)
2. The VO is genuinely suggesting that 3 months is too short a visit.

Did you send her a copy of your passport like I suggested? You should coach her on how to answer questions as well. If she is not looking at the face of the VO or not smooth with her responses, it could be discerned as not be truthful. I remember the case of a friend that stutters; she narrated her interview and from what i could gather i saw nothing wrong. So I told her that if she wouldn't mind risking it, she should apply again. So i coached her on how to answer questions but most importantly, I told her to make sure that she tells the VO that she stutterers and as such may hesitate or prolong words so the VO should please be patient with her (weird as it seems, she has claimed some sort of immunity in that regard). Long and short of it, she was given. i think when you hesitate, they may think you are concocting a lie.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by stevewale(m): 5:23pm On Jul 09, 2018
KDK:

I recall you asked me about parents that were invited. For some reasons, being old is no longer an advantage at the US embassy and it is sad. The only thing I can suspect here is the VO asking whether she wouldn't want to stay longer as 3 months is too small. This can be seen in two ways:
1. The VO is fishing to see if she harbours any intention to stay more than she stated. (if the VO sensed ur mum is hiding something)
2. The VO is genuinely suggesting that 3 months is too short a visit.

Did you send her a copy of your passport like I suggested? You should coach her on how to answer questions as well. If she is not looking at the face of the VO or not smooth with her responses, it could be discerned as not be truthful. I remember the case of a friend that stutters; she narrated her interview and from what i could gather i saw nothing wrong. So I told her that if she wouldn't mind risking it, she should apply again. So i coached her on how to answer questions but most importantly, I told her to make sure that she tells the VO that she stutterers and as such may hesitate or prolong words so the VO should please be patient with her (weird as it seems, she has claimed some sort of immunity in that regard). Long and short of it, she was given. i think when you hesitate, they may think you are concocting a lie.

Many thanks @KDK,

Sure I did send her mine and that of my wife ... but she said the VO didn’t even look at any of the documents she goes with.

I also suspected the same thing like you did on the issue of the period she wants to stay but that was just the truth cos she has to take care of some other family related issues back home which won’t make her stay longer.

I will reapply for her and possibly travel down just to follow her to the venue (I sure know I won’t be allowed in but just to boost my mum’s confidence a little
bit because I know she fidget a lot so that might be another reason)

Thanks for your advice bro
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BarrONLS: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2018
asking unbehalf of a family friend whose interview is soon, mine was 2weeks ago and I was denied.
The man has no travel history at all and currently not working and the woman not working too but they had their only child in the US. Now will the man be given an "automatic" visa just because of the baby, that's his daughter who was born in the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by stevewale(m): 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2018
BarrONLS:
asking unbehalf of a family friend whose interview is soon, mine was 2weeks ago and I was denied.
The man has no travel history at all and currently not working and the woman not working too but they had their only child in the US. Now will the man be given an "automatic" visa just because of the baby, that's his daughter who was born in the US?

The word automatic visa got me laughing lolz ... I’m sorry about that though.

Is the daughter filing for them to migrate or just did o visit?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by BarrONLS: 6:01pm On Jul 09, 2018
The daughter is just one year old, a baby. What I want to know is that because the child was born in the US, is the fathers visa a "sure thing" despite him not having any travel history or working?

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.