Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1170611 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lighthousearc: 11:11am On Oct 17, 2018
yungbilli:
Hi everyone. My visa was issued but i wasn't notified by DHL collection center in VI....I was there few days go and was told my passport has been returned back to he embassy. I tracked my passport and it reads "Your passport has been returned to post"...I have sent lot of messages to LagosNiv@state.gov and called the embassy. No response yet. Please anyone experienced this issue and is there a possibility my visa will be revoked?

Not everyone has an experience with the US Visa just following protocols.

In regards to this yungbilli's complain....my parent are also facing the same issue. They are senior citizen who have little knowledge of traveling since Sept of their passport been issues. DHL didn't notify them. Now their passport has been returned back to the US embassy....They called, emailed and went to the US embassy in Lagos several times they keep telling them send an email and wait for a notification for over 2 weeks now. no response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chips101: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2018
herrik066:
Quick One good people. My son is 2 years plus and a US passport holder. My wife and i just applied for the UK visitor visa(1st Timer). Do we need to apply for him(my son) as well or come with him to the visa appointment center on the appointment day? He is to travel with us if visa is approved.

Wrong forum. And the answer is easily searchable on the internet. https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
hajidel:

Does that include hotel accommodation in the package? And what year was that? And what time of the year was that?

I would like to say you didn't do too badly with the interview. You were on the path of being issued but the budgeted amount is very questionable as one of our contributors just mentioned couple posts ago.

Again, if you remember well, yesterday the question we asked you about whether you had ever travelled with

RSVP - Research, Study, Visualize, Prepare PREPARE PREPARE;
Lmao at the bold cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 12:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
OmoBendel24:
Are the Abuja/Lagos NIV bosses "Nicodemusly" back on this our thread

Oh well, AOS brother's mum will hardly ever get that visa, particularly if his name appears on anywhere and at any stage during that her application.

something from there....
Definitely not. agent alert lipsrsealed

and how do I know? Vo's don't comment on individual cases...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 12:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
lighthousearc:
yungbilli:
Hi everyone. My visa was issued but i wasn't notified by DHL collection center in VI....I was there few days go and was told my passport has been returned back to he embassy. I tracked my passport and it reads "Your passport has been returned to post"...I have sent lot of messages to LagosNiv@state.gov and called the embassy. No response yet. Please anyone experienced this issue and is there a possibility my visa will be revoked?

Not everyone has an experience with the US Visa just following protocols.

In regards to this yungbilli's complain....my parent are also facing the same issue. They are senior citizen who have little knowledge of traveling since Sept of their passport been issues. DHL didn't notify them. Now their passport has been returned back to the US embassy....They called, emailed and went to the US embassy in Lagos several times they keep telling them send an email and wait for a notification for over 2 weeks now. no response.

LagosNIV will never give you a personalized response, they are like robots, they only answer you based on automated response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2018
femorocafella:
Hello house .I had my interview in abuja today and was denied.below is my transcript.
Vo where are you going in USA
Me I want to take my family to Disney land in Orlando Florida
How did you hear abt Disney.
Me I told her a collegue of mine went for a training in USA and visited the place after the training and showed us pictures when he came and we lovwe it and decided to make it our tourist destination
Vo.what do you do
Me I I told her and my functions
Vo: have you travelled out before .
Me I said yes .uae, Ghana and Benin republic
Vo .how much do you plan to spend for the trip.
Me , it old her 6000 dollars.
Vo : how long have you been married.
Me I told her 4 years and 3 months
Vo; what were you working before.
Me I told her
Vo: how long did you work there
Me I told her 3 yes and 4 months
Vo faces my wife: madam what do you do
My wife.civil servant level 12 and she stated her job functions
Vo : have you travelled as a family before.
Me and my wife: yes we travelled to Ghana in 2014 for our honeymoon.
vo do you have any relative in Orlando.
Me No.
Vo how old are your children.
Me and my wife : they will be three years old on the 31st of this month.
Vo: types for a long time and said sorry you do e not qualify at this time and handed the blue paper.
Pls house what could have been the problem or reason dir the denial.what so you advise I should do?

The 6k Usd alone cover flight ticket how about accomodation feeding etc
Run ur budget properly it’s important

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2018
ninab:
Please want to ask a quick question
A friend of mine is trying to renew her visa which hasn’t expired but cause she wud be using it soonest and doesn’t want it to expire while she is away
What I want to know is if it’s possible to renew a visa before expiration
Has anyone ever tried that before ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lighthousearc: 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
Mizwisdom:

LagosNIV will never give you a personalized response, they are like robots, they only answer you based on automated response.

It's really tiring, I have been waiting for response for over 2 weeks, i have called the US embassy over and over. I am not currently in Nigeria and my parents are too old to be going back and forth to the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 2:55pm On Oct 17, 2018
shrekandfiona:

Lmao at the bold cheesy

If you look through the responses, At least 2/3 people asked that question hence the use of that.

lighthousearc:

It's really tiring, I have been waiting for response for over 2 weeks, i have called the US embassy over and over. I am not currently in Nigeria and my parents are too old to be going back and forth to the embassy.

You can go to the embassy and retrieve your passport if they have it at the embassy.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 3:43pm On Oct 17, 2018
lighthousearc:

Same thing happened to someone I know.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lighthousearc: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
hajidel:

You can go to the embassy and retrieve your passport if they have it at the embassy.

They have been to the US Embassy and DHL 2 times, drove long distance to be told to send an email to "LagosNIV@state.gov" after sending several emails still no responds, they are going back there again tomorrow. It's really frustrating. I just feel bad for them to be going through all this stress at their age.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lighthousearc: 3:51pm On Oct 17, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Same thing happened to someone I know.

It's very disappointing.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ishiamu(m): 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hey guys, I want to know if your parents sponsoring your trip to USA ,if it's a red flag on visa procurement......it's urgent

Omobendel seyewest please answer me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2018
lighthousearc:

They have been to the US Embassy and DHL 2 times, drove long distance to be told to send an email to "LagosNIV@state.gov" after sending several emails still no responds, they are going back there again tomorrow. It's really frustrating. I just feel bad for them to be going through all this stress at their age.

Yes I acknowledge that they mentioned they had been there twice. But because it is your country's property in your personal possession, the embassy MUST return your passport when you need it even if you are under administrative processing, unless it is for reason of fraud then thats a totally different matter.

Call them and request to speak to a consular; or better Go to the embassy and ask to speak to a senior staff and show them the automated responses you have received. And you need your passport. But make sure the passport holders themselves are present or you have power of attorney.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lighthousearc: 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2018
hajidel:

Yes I acknowledge that they mentioned they had been there twice. But because it is your country's property in your personal possession, the embassy MUST return your passport when you need it even if you are under administrative processing, unless it is for reason of fraud then thats a totally different matter.

Call them and request to speak to a consular; or better Go to the embassy and ask to speak to a senior staff and show them the automated responses you have received. And you need your passport. But make sure the passport holders themselves are present or you have power of attorney.

ok thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2018
lighthousearc:

Simple solution is for them to pay another visa fee and go inside the consulate office to retrieve their passport( No one at the Embassy will look for the passport unless they see the applicant), anything else is long thing. This is what I did with my colleague at work and it actually worked.
It may sound silly and stupid but if they're not careful they won't see their passport for 6 months.
On another thought... the solution to getting back your passport is to enter the Embassy (Consular Section) this is where they sort the passport, if you can get into the embassy you will get your passport that day.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2018
seyewest:

Simple solution is for them to pay another visa fee and go inside the consulate office to retrieve their passport( No one at the Embassy will look for the passport unless they see the applicant), anything else is long thing. This is what I did with my colleague at work and it actually worked.
It may sound silly and stupid but if they're not careful they won't see their passport for 6 months.
On another thought... the solution to getting back your passport is to enter the Embassy (Consular Section) this is where they sort the passport, if you can get into the embassy you will get your passport that day.

Will you get through to the embassy for an interview without a passport if the solution of paying a MRV fee?

Yes if you can speak to an inside staff not the security staff you have a chance i can tell you that for sure. And its tough to get the consuls on the phone but you have to keep calling and you will catch a break and get to speak to one. And if you do get to speak to one, you will get your passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
hajidel:

Will you get through to the embassy for an interview without a passport if the solution of paying a MRV fee?

Yes if you can speak to an inside staff not the security staff you have a chance i can tell you that for sure. And its tough to get the consuls on the phone but you have to keep calling and you will catch a break and get to speak to one. And if you do get to speak to one, you will get your passport.

Yes of course.... all you need is the visa receipt, appointment letter and ds160 confirmation letter... explain to them that your international passport was returned to the embassy.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
seyewest:

Yes of course.... all you need is the visa receipt, appointment letter and ds160 confirmation letter... explain to them that your international passport was returned to the embassy.

You enter the US embassy without ID?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2018
seyewest:

Huh, so will the visa money be returned if incase the passport already has an approved visa on it? undecided

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2018
Beautyaddy:

Huh, so will the visa money be returned if incase the passport already has an aproned visa on it? undecided

Can of worms opening up. more questions.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IyawoToBe(f): 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2018
seyewest:

She will be invited for interview asap... This is from a personal experience.

Well, i have done that before and wasn't invited.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2018
IyawoToBe:

Well, i have done that before and wasn't invited.

That was before the Canadiangate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2018
hajidel:

You enter the US embassy without ID?

ID
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ishiamu(m): 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
ishiamu:
Hey guys, I want to know if your parents sponsoring your trip to USA ,if it's a red flag on visa procurement......it's urgent

Please answer me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2018
ishiamu:

Please answer me

What do you mean sponsor? Like paying for your trip expenses? Flight, accommodation etc.??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2018
ishiamu:

Please answer me

How old are you? how much do you earn?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ishiamu(m): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2018
seyewest:

How old are you? how much do you earn?

Am 27 and earn 300k
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ishiamu(m): 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2018
hajidel:

What do you mean sponsor? Like paying for your trip expenses? Flight, accommodation etc.??

Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2018
ishiamu:

Yes

ishiamu:

Sponsor as in pay for your flights and other expenses then yes. Anyone can do that you just put that info in the form. But ask yourself, at your age, and your employment why would your parents want to pay for your trip? Think like a VO does that make form too much of a strong case?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ishiamu(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2018
hajidel:

Sponsor as in pay for your flights and other expenses then yes. Anyone can do that you just put that info in the form. But ask yourself, at your age, and your employment why would your parents want to pay for your trip? Think like a VO does that make form too much of a strong case?

Not likei can't fund it, just that its some sort of promise for not going with them , when they went for theirs ... But thanks for your response
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hajidel: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2018
ishiamu:

Not likei can't fund it, just that its some sort of promise for not going with them , when they went for theirs ... But thanks for your response

Well yeah thats cool. There's no problem getting paid for. Just make sure the other aspects of your life are solid; employment (future prospects), family (if you have a spouse of children), things of that nature.

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (508)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.