Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:43 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1159174 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 8:46pm On Nov 08, 2018
Sparkle1515:
She’s just unlucky ..I was among the John h Stroger of 2016 and I did my drop box successfully though I was called for interview...she just asked to see the bill and that was all..Awoof no fit turn belle..she didn’t birth for free..all hospital prIce can’t be same not only in America but everywhere in the world..see as you dey happy cow they refuse her..

How much you pay madam Stroger iya American pikin?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vuitton007: 8:19am On Nov 09, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Now is the best time. It used to take between 5-10 work days before now. These days, it could take much longer. If I were you though, I will submit some 4 weeks ahead of my travel date. Some still get theirs renewed in two weeks and sometimes a little above that till now sha, but err on the side of 4 weeks....

Many thanks, will do from next week.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vuitton007: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2018
Taal17:

Submit now.
If you're fortunate then no interview, if they do call for interview the backlog for dates is already in 2019 so submit now.

Alright, i appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2018
No be only attack na striker cheesy cheesy
AfonjaBoston:

I won't attack your character because you don't have any.

What do I stand to gain from her visa refusal or approval?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by boladet: 10:22am On Nov 09, 2018
lanrems:

With the recent rate of revocation, I did advice you use your visas first, cos at the interview you might/will be asked why u haven't used it for the earlier stated purpose. It does pinch the vos to revoke visas this days.
You might want to weight your options here, and decide what's best for the family. And if you must go for the interview go with the copy of your visa n not your passport, be smart.
This is my deduction after so much research on happenings at the embassy right now.

Thanks for your response I believe I have a good reason for not using the visa at the said time ,I was pregnant and we decided not travel until I have the baby .That seems like a good enough reason?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:25am On Nov 09, 2018
boladet:

Thanks for your response I believe I have a good reason for not using the visa at the said time ,I was pregnant and we decided not travel until I have the baby .That seems like a good enough reason?

Yeah! That of course is a good enough reason to give, especially as you birthed in naija (they will appreciate such), I can wager on this to a large extent....

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by SexyDuby(f): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2018
boladet:

My uncle,his wife and 1st child were in the same shoes. They had 2yrs visa but didn't use it. Along the line, baby no 2 came and they all went to renew with the new baby.
Vo asked why they didn't travel and my uncle mentioned he didn't intend his wife birthing with the B1/B2 visa as their intention was for a vacation. Their visas were renewed and baby also got d visa. You can try ur luck(ensure to take copies of ur visas like someone suggested). All d best

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ebonychic18(f): 10:52am On Nov 09, 2018
OmoBendel24:

The interview in my opinion couldn't have ended abruptly at the stage the OP put it in the transcript unless he was absolutely lieing to the VO and was caught, maybe long caught ahead of time sef, or OP was fronting fake/unsubstantiated travel history. If not I don't see why one with travel history (severally oh, and all combined too!) to Australia that ranks about same category as US visa, to UK their sister country and a schengen (Sweden) experience in addition will have his interview ended right at the level of his strongest advantage on the application. Abeg, the transcript no complete, something key is missing jare! But what do I know?

Nothing key is missing here. One can't just be too sure with these embassy people. It happened to the guy before me when I had my first visa. The guy who happened to be a real estate guy and a pastor in Christ embassy with several Schengen visas also been to the UK. He was denied outrightly. He had 3 attached passports, he was asked how come he never applied to visit the US since he's widely travelled. He said he didn't have any need to. He was actually going to Dallas something about a new branch opening. He was so disgusted with the whole thing. Meanwhile a first timer with no travel history like me got approved. grin

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 11:35am On Nov 09, 2018
lennyk:
Good day all,

I'm new to this thread but have been catching up on the older posts. please i want to reapply via drop box with my family. Our B1/B2 just expired this month. Hope i can still renew via dropbox it even though it has just expired?

Yes you can.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Malevonent: 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2018
Is this an error or somethin.
In the 221g letter..they stated to print the ds 160 form.
To the best of my knowledge the embassy peeps dont even like seeing the ds 160 form..i tried to access it just incase..but i 2asnt able to..its only the confirmation page i could print.
This makes me think the request may be an error or something.
Abeg drop box interview invitees mek una cum chook mouth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ebbytaiwo: 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2018
Good afternoon all, I am new on this forum.

I posted some questions some days back and I have been looking for my post and probably a reesponse to my question but can not just find either.

Please is dropbox interview date the same with the normal interview. i want to renew my visa as I am travelling in march would I still get a date for interview

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2018
Malevonent:
To the best of my knowledge the embassy peeps dont even like seeing the ds 160 form..i tried to access it just incase..but i 2asnt able to..its only the confirmation page i could print.
This is getting too rampant
Maybe one should just opt for interview
It’s no longer business as usual
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2018
Malevonent:

Please for drop box interview invitation, do you just get an sms saying your passport is ready for collection or you get an email with the 221g letter?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2018
mumzt:

Please for drop box interview invitation, do you just get an sms saying your passport is ready for collection or you get an email with the 221g letter?
From what I know the letter would be inside ur passport
Not sure the mail only says passport ready and when u track it changes to administrative review
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sisit: 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2018
o the best of my knowledge the embassy peeps dont even like seeing the ds 160 form..i tried to access it just incase..but i 2asnt able to..its only the confirmation page i could print.

D160 confirmation page is what is required of you as pen markings are already on the one submitted earlier

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sisit: 6:55pm On Nov 09, 2018

You get an sms. 212g will be in your passport when collected. To be sure, log into your profile, you would see “schedule follow up interview”

Just tap on it and available for dates would drop
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2018
sisit:

You get an sms. 212g will be in your passport when collected. To be sure, log into your profile, you would see “schedule follow up interview”

Just tap on it and available for dates would drop

Oh okay. Thank you! Just got an sms to pick up my mum's passport and I don't want to get too excited and get disappointed.
Thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2018
ninab:

From what I know the letter would be inside ur passport
Not sure the mail only says passport ready and when u track it changes to administrative review

Thank you!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2018
mumzt:

Oh okay. Thank you! Just got an sms to pick up my mum's passport and I don't want to get too excited and get disappointed.
Thank you!
How long did it take
Am hopeful for mine still my last renewal took 8 days
*fingerscrossed*
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abnot: 9:00pm On Nov 09, 2018
jj17cv:
This one weak me infact something is going on with america embassy chai what about virgin passport

VO: Have you traveled out of the country before?
Me: Yes, severally to the UK, Australia and Sweden

I’m not surprised. Ladies and gentlemen a lot of young (age 19 - 45) Nigerians issued with B visas are not returning home. Many go and stay back illegally and it’s becoming difficult for the visa officers to identify such people. My neighbour ( 30 year old lady) went to Atlanta on vacation in November 2017 and is still not back. My cousin in 2012 was issued a B visa along with her parents and sibling to attend their sister’s wedding . Upon return she went back to US in 2014 and has since not returned. We recently heard that she gave birth their. Some days ago a colleague of mine was telling me about his plans to take his family to Dubai for Christmas for the purpose of building some sort of travel history on his passport in preparation for the US visa interview in February. I asked him why he is willing so spend so much on a Dubai trip when he is more interested on a US trip and his response was “ when I get the US visa I’ll want my wife and kids to relocate using the visa “ . He claims his people have asked him to come and worry about adjustment of status when he get there. I heard of another colleague of mine ( don’t know him) who relocated with his family on a B visa earlier in the year. The stories are endless.

The implication of this trend is that genuine vacation seekers may have their applications denied without being able to convince the VO...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 9:50pm On Nov 09, 2018
ninab:

How long did it take
Am hopeful for mine still my last renewal took 8 days
*fingerscrossed*

Submitted on Monday. Abuja though.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 7:53am On Nov 10, 2018
mumzt:

Submitted on Monday. Abuja though.
Wait u submitted on Monday and got pick up sms on Friday
That’s barely 5 days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:21am On Nov 10, 2018
Malevonent:

Print out your DS160 Confirmation page.. Your DS160 confirmation page, AP letter, international passport is all you need if I'm not wrong.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:32am On Nov 10, 2018
ninab:

Wait u submitted on Monday and got pick up sms on Friday
That’s barely 5 days

Mine was for 4 days
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Timika: 8:56am On Nov 10, 2018
Timika:
Please house, does a B2 Visa faithful need to do any mandatory medical examinations before the visa interviews date? Thanks for your response in anticipation.
Please someone should help me answer this.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obinoscopy(m): 9:04am On Nov 10, 2018
Timika:
Please house, does a B2 Visa faithful need to do any mandatory medical examinations before the visa interviews date? Thanks for your response in anticipation.
No. Mandatory medical examinations are for immigrant visas.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by timhannah93: 11:14am On Nov 10, 2018
Oh thanks. So it has to be an F1? Cos those off shore med schools aren’t us me schools so I don’t know if students from there can be issued student visas but I’ll find out. Thanks again
thegreengooner:

I don't believe rotations are covered under the B1/B2 visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sandraade(f): 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2018
Dear sir/ma, i pay for US VISA fee since 09/jan/2018, and i never had time to schedule an appointment. My visa fee is going to Expire on 09/jan/2019, but the available interview date has gone beyond january 2019.
My question is can i still use the visa fee to book date beyond january since the visa fee will expire in Jan?

hope to here from you soon. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
abnot:

I’m not surprised. Ladies and gentlemen a lot of young (age 19 - 45) Nigerians issued with B visas are not returning home. Many go and stay back illegally and it’s becoming difficult for the visa officers to identify such people. My neighbour ( 30 year old lady) went to Atlanta on vacation in November 2017 and is still not back. My cousin in 2012 was issued a B visa along with her parents and sibling to attend their sister’s wedding . Upon return she went back to US in 2014 and has since not returned. We recently heard that she gave birth their. Some days ago a colleague of mine was telling me about his plans to take his family to Dubai for Christmas for the purpose of building some sort of travel history on his passport in preparation for the US visa interview in February. I asked him why he is willing so spend so much on a Dubai trip when he is more interested on a US trip and his response was “ when I get the US visa I’ll want my wife and kids to relocate using the visa “ . He claims his people have asked him to come and worry about adjustment of status when he get there. I heard of another colleague of mine ( don’t know him) who relocated with his family on a B visa earlier in the year. The stories are endless.

The implication of this trend is that genuine vacation seekers may have their applications denied without being able to convince the VO...

Painful reality �
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
abnot:

Sometimes I don't blame them. I put this menace squarely on these liberal loud mouth, braggadocious, demonic cry babies.the U.S. immigration laws are nothing short of epic jokes

DJT is fixing all the mess and all these illegals through his agenda will not have a path to residency/citizenship they will keep looking over their shoulders committing crimes and never achieving anything tangible till they fall off the radar and end up in undesirable places
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2018
Ask Google Trumps PA
AfonjaBoston:

How much you pay madam Stroger iya American pikin?

12 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by georgeify(m): 1:04am On Nov 11, 2018
Hi everyone. Pls I need help. I intend applying for a US visa to attend a conference holding Jan 30th 2019. I have the following challenges. Please advice.

1. I hold a virgin passport.
2. I have been told I can't get a date in Lagos. To try abuja. Can someone tell the next available date in Abuja.
3. Do I need an agent for this or can I save cost and apply myself
4. What documents do I need.

Pls help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.