Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1173927 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by litterbug(f): 8:41am On Nov 14, 2018
Good morning all. Thanks for the all the work you guys are doing here, you are really helping out a lot. Please I just have Two questions for the group

I have filled my DS-160 form for Dropbox application for myself and my family, what do I next before I submit?

Also I submitted my ds 160 forms with the pictures I used for the previous application, is that okay or should do new pictures and include with the forms and passport?

I want to submit early today so your urgent answers will be highly appreciated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 9:13am On Nov 14, 2018
litterbug:
Good morning all. Thanks for the all the work you guys are doing here, you are really helping out a lot. Please I just have Two questions for the group

I have filled my DS-160 form for Dropbox application for myself and my family, what do I next before I submit?

Also I submitted my ds 160 forms with the pictures I used for the previous application, is that okay or should do new pictures and include with the forms and passport?

I want to submit early today so your urgent answers will be highly appreciated

Fill another form, use another passport, that's assuming the one you used now is older than 6 months already.

Then update your profile with the new DS160, go about scheduling your appointment, answer the questions accordingly and if you are qualified for dropbox you will get a confirmation letter to that effect at the end of the appointment scheduling. Take this and your international passport, your DS160 Confirmation page, your GTB receipt, and passport photographs to your selected DHL office and submit, then wait for result/passport.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Xlyad(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2018
Please where and how much can I register SAT in Lagos
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2018
ninab:

Which one is cgi website ?

Interview date website

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
ninab:

And u sure ur passport hasn’t been sent out
Wondering y they are keeping it dou

Thanks....email came in later yesterday to pick up passport
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2018
shrekandfiona:

Let her go to DHL for pick up. Her passport is waiting for her there. They often times default in notifications.
Email came in later yesternight....thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
salsera:

You have heard from embassy already,
Collect your passport at DHL and schedule interview date

Email came in yesternight and Passport already collected today.
The interview dates on the profile says May 2019, and travel planned for March 2019.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by litterbug(f): 5:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
Thanks a lot.

OmoBendel24:

Fill another form, use another passport, that's assuming the one you used now is older than 6 months already.

Then update your profile with the new DS160, go about scheduling your appointment, answer the questions accordingly and if you are qualified for dropbox you will get a confirmation letter to that effect at the end of the appointment scheduling. Take this and your international passport, your DS160 Confirmation page, your GTB receipt, and passport photographs to your selected DHL office and submit, then wait for result/passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
Lordcrixus:

Email came in yesternight and Passport already collected today.
The interview dates on the profile says May 2019, and travel planned for March 2019.

Well you'll have to keep checking at different times of the night and day to get closer dates
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dionpholly(m): 7:35pm On Nov 14, 2018
I went for my interview today 14/11/18
Over 50 people who are in front of me on the queue were all denied including me, Old man old woman singles, families, were all got denied.

The transcript go like this
VO good morning
Me Good morning
Vo your passport (i gave it to him)
He typed for while
Vo why are you going to America
Me for visiting and vacationing
VO Have you traveled out of Nigeria before
Me No
Vo is anyone going along with you
Me Not at all, am going alone
He then type ke ke ke ke ke ke ke for some while again and handed me a blue paper.

WHAT COULD BE WRONG
THOUGH IMMEDIATELY, I SMILED AND GENTLY WENT OUT AND GO AND EAT GOOD FOOD.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amoj4682: 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2018
dionpholly:
Over 50 people who are in front of me on the queue were all denied including me, Old man old woman singles, families, were all got denied.

VO good morning
Me Good morning
He typed for while
Me No
He then type ke ke ke ke ke ke ke for some while again and handed me a blue paper.

WHAT COULD BE WRONG

Sorry about tge denial. Nigerians are flouting their visa rules. The people that have visa majority are either in America as illegal immigrants which are not willing to come back OR they are working in America to earn more money to pay their bills when they come back.
The innocent vacation faithfuls are the ones that are paying for it. Hence the visa denial.

I think its only drop box people that are in the majority for visa approvals and may be some student visa applicants.

Travel to other countries for now. Free America
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Beautyaddy: 8:04pm On Nov 14, 2018
dionpholly:

VO good morning
Me Good morning
He typed for while
Me No

WHAT COULD BE WRONG

Sorry about your denial.

However, if I was the same VO I too would have denied you.

Reason is because your response here was not convincing enough with more details.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Enasdan(m): 9:06pm On Nov 14, 2018
dionpholly:

VO good morning
Me Good morning
He typed for while
Me No

WHAT COULD BE WRONG
Lagos or Abuja

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 2:40am On Nov 15, 2018
This is funny 50people without given a single damm a visa those guys are working with blood eye

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KAMSITO: 6:50am On Nov 15, 2018
Pls a question : i visited embassy in june on f1 visa interview but was denied , however a church is inviting me for a conferece hopefully April 2019 going to embassy for b1 will there be problem ie will it show desperation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2018
KAMSITO:
Pls a question : i visited embassy in june on f1 visa interview but was denied , however a church is inviting me for a conferece hopefully April 2019 going to embassy for b1 will there be problem ie will it show desperation

Well to me..its shows a kinda desperation..I mean, a church conference. That's not so strong....it would av been better if it was a scientific or any academic conference.. Anyways u can give it a try..no one knows the chances..we all just have idea on how it works..

Success on your entry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:44am On Nov 15, 2018
dionpholly:

VO good morning
Me Good morning
He typed for while
Me No

WHAT COULD BE WRONG

To me..your answers are not detailed..
No travel history but that does not even count nowadays..its according to the V.O's discretion..

But u can do well to work on your Travel history
And more detailed answers when u apply again

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 15, 2018
IyawoToBe:

I see y'all are doing a great job here..nd have learnt a lot from you..

Please u need not trash words with people.
We are one big family trying our ways to visit u.s and have fun..

#oneness..
Thanks

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2018
Good Morning guys , please I applied for a us visa once in 2016 , and I put in my info but I was denied, my father has multiple US visas but we were not on good terms , so now I am planning to re-apply now and take his visa along , but while I was filling the info in the previous form I made a mistake in the year , I got the birth date right but I used a different year , so please what I want to ask now is will the VO notice the year or do I have to change it or what can I d please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lollyberry: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello house.

I have a valid visa and also my 3 children, one is a citizen,

I got my children visa this September and I am to travel for this Chrimas vacation , but my sisters wedding has been scheduled for Dec 22nd, so we won't be able to go for this Christmas.

Now my husband applied so that we can all go together for next year Christmas vacation, although interview date is 11th of April 2019.

He already was denied once, he applied to go on vacation alone, and was denied

Plz what are my husband chances of getting his visa this time around

@Seyewest @justwise and all other great guru in the house pls help a sister out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2018
dionpholly:

He then type ke ke ke ke ke ke ke for some while again
Lol. Sorry but that was funny.

There's nothing like comfort food. Helps with even the worst of heartbreaks. Cold stone ice cream+pepperoni pizza is like a Band-Aid to the soul.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
jj17cv:
This is funny 50people without given a single damm a visa those guys are working with blood eye
It is statistically possible for 100 people in a queue not qualify for a US Visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by georgeify(m): 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
Can I get a date in Jan for B1 visa please. Is it possible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by harrrry: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
Many thanks man and the forum at large. collected.
Chanbaby:

As an MSC student in the UK, I applied for a tourist visa in May and my programme ends in September and my visa expires January. I was refused on the grounds that I don't have a strong tie in the UK and in Nigeria cos I wasn't working neither was I married in Nigeria. Note I hadn't submitted my dissertation at that time. But some other people applied and they were given so u can give it a try.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donacanada: 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello everyone. I hate to do this, jump into a thread on nairaland without reading to get a proper feel of the thread and asking questions that have already been answered. but I am pressed for time and I just discovered this thread today through a google search. we have an interview for B1/B2 visa very soon. The application was packaged by my husband and I never showed interest in it really because I am not really interested in U.S. However, my hubby for some reason thinks if a person has not visited U.S, he or she is not made or something. And he thinks he has a better chance if we apply as a family, hence the family application. He applied as a single person in 2014, he says he had a good interview with multiple travel history to the UK, but the VO asked him if he was married or had any kids and he said no. he was refused. He believes the refusal was because he had no family ties. Now we have a daughter. Suddenly I am apprehensive about the interview, I hate failure. How do we show ties to the Nigeria. I work with a bank, earn N385,000 monthly. He has a business, annual income about 2.4-3million. We live in our own home (although I don't know how to show the VO that). We have no intention to remain in the US. I have 20 working days leave pending for the year (haven't used any leave days). We plan to spend 2 weeks. our daughter is a baby so she has not started school. My husband's cousin has invited us to stay with his family in the US. Any pointers for our interview? Anything to note? General Advice? will appreciate comments. thank you.
sorry for the long post. trying to give enough background info.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
Data released from Canadian immigration officials shows a record breaking number of Americans applied for asylum in Canada during 2017.

That number was up by more than six times as 2016, according to the Guardian.

The 2,550 U.S. citizens who applied for citizenship last year, made up the third largest group after Haitian and Nigerian immigrants.

According to the Guardian, most of those seeking asylum in Canada were Americans who had non citizen parents. The spike in asylum seekers makes sense.

President Trump in 2017 said he was ending temporary protections for immigrants from El Salvador Honduras, Haiti and Sudan.

In October, Trump announced he wanted to end birthright citizenship, which grants citizenship to children born in U.S. to non-citizen parents.

While Business Insider reports there’s been no official policy move on the plan yet, Canada could possibly see another boost in American asylum seekers in 2018.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by iyaaliyah: 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hello everybody!
Please oh, my oga at the top, I want to renew my visa. Pls who has renewed recently? What stage will it take me to Dropbox? I am applying for the same visa category. The last was B1 for conference but I believe it is same thing. Or am I missing something? Visa expired in June, 2018. Do I start from the profile?

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.