Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,537 members, 7,958,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1211231 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by PinkSunset: 5:31pm On Nov 12, 2018
Samsamjaja:

I did not pay into wrong account. I went to GT and told them that I want to pay for b1b2 visa. I never applied to waive an interview or even to schedule an appointment before I made the payment.

MY PROBLEM IS THIS, EVEN IF I PURCHASE ANOTHER RECEIPT, WHAT WOULD I DO DIFFERENTLY FROM WHAT I HAVE Done ALREADY.?

My people have a saying that he who does not know where rain started beating him will not also know where it stoped beating him.

Chai! I feel your pain.

However, if you are certain that you didn't mistakenly fill in the wrong info especially in the 80 yrs and above area, then there's really nothing to do differently next time.

I also hope the mistake wasn't from the bank as well. You told them B1/b2 category... was that the category that reflected on your receipt?

Just shine your eyes wella and leave no room for mistakes (absentminded or not) next time.

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2018
Samsamjaja:

I did not pay into wrong account. I went to GT and told them that I want to pay for b1b2 visa. I never applied to waive an interview or even to schedule an appointment before I made the payment.

MY PROBLEM IS THIS, EVEN IF I PURCHASE ANOTHER RECEIPT, WHAT WOULD I DO DIFFERENTLY FROM WHAT I HAVE Done ALREADY.?

My people have a saying that he who does not know where rain started beating him will not also know where it stoped beating him.

Pay another visa fee... I will help you do it.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mumzt: 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
seyewest:

Pay another visa fee... I will help you do it.

Awwww
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwarichie(m): 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
georgeify:
Hi everyone. Pls I need help. I intend applying for a US visa to attend a conference holding Jan 30th 2019. I have the following challenges. Please advice.

1. I hold a virgin passport.
2. I have been told I can't get a date in Lagos. To try abuja. Can someone tell the next available date in Abuja.
3. Do I need an agent for this or can I save cost and apply myself
4. What documents do I need.

Pls help.
I came to the U.S on a virgin passport, and my interview was less than 2 min. Just Baba God.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 13, 2018
PLEASE WHAT HAPPENS IF I DONT ENTER THE USA AT THE ENTRY DATE STATED IN MY DS-160 FORM?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dubajek: 10:13am On Nov 13, 2018
congrats. The God that did it for you will do same for me next month.Amen

oluwarichie:
I came to the U.S on a virgin passport, and my interview was less than 2 min. Just Baba God.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ennon92(m): 10:17am On Nov 13, 2018
oluwarichie:
congrats!....when was that

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IyawoToBe(f): 11:07am On Nov 13, 2018
oluwarichie:
You 'came'into? cool Means you never returned, on a b1/b2 visa... hmmmmm! You see why you people give us a bad name? The embassy folks are getting wiser everyday too, and that's why he may not be able to get the visa on a virgin passport at this time with his profile.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 13, 2018
Ah wetin person no go see for here ..what if his statement meant that he came into the USA and he has thus returned to his home country..everybody sha wan be justwise and LadyG for this thread..na real wa
IyawoToBe:
You 'came'into? cool Means you never returned, on a b1/b2 visa... hmmmmm! You see why you people give us a bad name? The embassy folks are getting wiser everyday too, and that's why he may not be able to get the visa on a virgin passport at this time with his profile.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ubercool:

Available date is Abuja is like February. I used an agent to book appointment for November 27 on Sunday. If you are pressed for time use an agent to book an appointment. Not to fill your form of.

Good luck

Really how come Lagos is May ?
Na wa oh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2018
Osahon7:
PLEASE WHAT HAPPENS IF I DONT ENTER THE USA AT THE ENTRY DATE STATED IN MY DS-160 FORM?
Am Sure there was a part that asked if u have made travel plans and u answered yes or no
So many people don’t travel on exact date just make sure aside having a good reason u use the visa for the purpose it was issued
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2018
ninab:

Am Sure there was a part that asked if u have made travel plans and u answered yes or no
So many people don’t travel on exact date just make sure aside having a good reason u use the visa for the purpose it was issued
THANKS SIR! So JUST TO BE Very SURE, I CAN FILL DATE OF ENTRY AS MAY ON THE FORM,GET THE VISA AND APPEAR IN THE US IN DECEMBER??
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by dionpholly(m): 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2018
My US visiting visa interview is tomorrow, 11:45am is on my application.
What are the possible questions that can be asked, i intended to go to us on 20th November, and return by 30th October.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hello house, my wife tried renewing her visa through Dropbox since 23rd of October but yet to get any info from the embassy.
We tracked the visa on the ceac website and it says administrative processing since nov. 8th and on the cgi website, we also tracked the passport and it says no info available for passport.
Logging in to the cgi website, her profile reads schedule follow up interview.
can she schedule the appointment now or wait to hear from the embassy first? Anyone with info about this should please share
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chips101: 6:23pm On Nov 13, 2018
IyawoToBe:

His history is... interesting. He tried repeatedly to get into several countries for years, travelled to the US in June, and then it looks like he has not returned.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IyawoToBe(f): 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
Sparkle1515:
Ah wetin person no go see for here ..what if his statement meant that he came into the USA and he has thus returned to his home country..everybody sha wan be justwise and LadyG for this thread..na real wa
Hello Madam, can you please stay on your lane? Thank you undecided

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ah shocked! This people haff moved visa fee exchange rate up to N370 from N360 oh.... Since when please? Now 59200. Tor!

Abeg, how much dollar dey for black-market as at today? I no longer count on that abokifx site please. I prefer to hear from the horse's mouth....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 8:14pm On Nov 13, 2018
oluwarichie:

How does b1/b2 change to settlement? Baba God is not involved in such, you played a fast one on the embassy but it serves them right in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 8:25pm On Nov 13, 2018
Lordcrixus:
Hello house, my wife tried renewing her visa through Dropbox since 23rd of October but yet to get any info from the embassy.
We tracked the visa on the ceac website and it says administrative processing since nov. 8th and on the cgi website, we also tracked the passport and it says no info available for passport.
can she schedule the appointment now or wait to hear from the embassy first? Anyone with info about this should please share
And u sure ur passport hasn’t been sent out
Wondering y they are keeping it dou
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:
Ah shocked! This people haff moved visa fee exchange rate up to N370 from N360 oh.... Since when please? Now 59200. Tor!

Abeg, how much dollar dey for black-market as at today? I no longer count on that abokifx site please. I prefer to hear from the horses mouth....
Lol cheesy they are cashing out on us.

As at 4 days ago, bureau de change, Wuse zone 4, Abuja, a dollar was 362 naira. As at today GTB card rate, a dollar is 367.5 .

The US embassy uses GTB rate and gtb are rogues lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
Lordcrixus:
You have heard from embassy already,
Collect your passport at DHL and schedule interview date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by shrekandfiona: 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2018
Lordcrixus:
Let her go to DHL for pick up. Her passport is waiting for her there. They often times default in notifications.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by remasend: 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ok
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 14, 2018
Which lane ?did you stay on your lane when you when you made your comment abi did you bring lane to nairaland..you had opinion on someone’s post,I had one on yours..why are you now crying?? ..foh
IyawoToBe:
Hello Madam, can you please stay on your lane? Thank you undecided

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:17am On Nov 14, 2018
shrekandfiona:

Lol cheesy they are cashing out on us.

As at 4 days ago, bureau de change, Wuse zone 4, Abuja, a dollar was 362 naira. As at today GTB card rate, a dollar is 367.5 .

The US embassy uses GTB rate and gtb are rogues lipsrsealed

Lolz.... It is well oh! The signal it sends of the naira is what I think bothers me the most. GTB get their own for body sha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:36am On Nov 14, 2018
Lordcrixus:

Yes go get the passport from DHL and schedule the follow up interview. Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:38am On Nov 14, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Abeg, how much dollar dey for black-market as at today? I no longer count on that abokifx site please. I prefer to hear from the horses mouth....

really.. nawa ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ninab: 7:42am On Nov 14, 2018
seyewest:

Yes go get the passport from DHL and schedule the follow up interview. Goodluck
Which one is cgi website ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Temmytripple: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2018
Honestly i am so done with this people. I had a similar issue too. Paid 64,000 january . trying to book an appointment and all i got was invalid. Sent them email .got a reply that it as been validated. Tried to scheldule appointment again. Still same invalid story. Infact they stopped replying me messages .

quote author=Samsamjaja post=72897083]I am writing to express my displeasure at the unfair treatment meted out to me by the US Embassy. On the 6th day of November 2018, I paid the sum of 57600 for a B1b2 visa at GT Bank and reference number was generated for me. Thereafter I went to Ustraveldocs.com and clicked on schedule an appointment. This page took me to cgifederal.secure.force.com where I was requested to create a profile.

I created a profile and logged in and clicked on new application/ schedule an appointment and the following promptings came up
STEP 1: I selected non immigrant visa as my visa type
STEP 2: I selected Abuja as the post where I would like to schedule an appointment.
STEP 3: I selected all other visa categories including tourism.
STEP 4: I selected b1b2 visa for business and pleasure.
STEP 5: I filled in my personal information including my passport details, my contact information and my mailing address.
STEP 6: I was asked to add by name or add existing applicant if I have a group or family who needs to apply for a visa with me which I declined because I was traveling alone.

At step 7, I was asked whether I am a Nigerian passport holder or a Nigerian resident which I answered yes. I was asked whether I am 80 years or above which I answered no. I was asked whether I was previously issued a two year b1b2 visa which I answered no.

Thereafter I was asked to specify document delivery and I clicked on pick up and selected Abuja.

At step 8, I was asked to enter my MRV receipt number which I did and I got this response,"no valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for"

At this point, I contacted support@ustraveldocs.com and complained that I am having difficulty booking a date for interview. I got the shocking response that I have applied for interview waiver even though I did not qualify and as such they will not be able to release my MRV receipt and that I should purchase another receipt to book a regular appointment.

I have painstakingly enumerated in details the steps I took to book a regular appointment and did not see where I applied for waiver of interview. I answered truthfully that I have not been issued with a b1b2 visa in the last two years and that I am not 80 years and above. I know that I was not entitled to waiver and never applied for it.

I hereby reiterate that at no point in the process did I apply for a interview waiver. I applied to schedule an appointment and not to waive an appointment. It is therefore absolutely unjustifiable and unacceptable to withhold my MRV receipt and render me incapable of scheduling a regular appointment on the strength of that MRV receipt.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR INTERVIEW. I CANT SEE WHERE I WENT WRONG. I HAVE WATCHED A LOT OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS ON HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT YET I CANT SEE WHERE I WENT WRONG[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (508)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.