Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,448 members, 7,819,658 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1174264 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 1:49am On Nov 11, 2018
georgeify:
Hi everyone. Pls I need help. I intend applying for a US visa to attend a conference holding Jan 30th 2019. I have the following challenges. Please advice.

1. I hold a virgin passport.
2. I have been told I can't get a date in Lagos. To try abuja. Can someone tell the next available date in Abuja.
3. Do I need an agent for this or can I save cost and apply myself
4. What documents do I need.

Pls help.

1. No problem. There are people with no travel history who had been given US visa. Conversely, you also have people with extensive travel history who had been denied the US visa.

2 I have no answer for that one

3. You should never use an agent. You may end up with a lifetime ban. Agents have screwed the lives of many people. They may put incorrect info on your application that you may not remember when you apply for another visa in the future. You may end up putting information on future visa applications that will contradict information submitted on previous applications. Thus, a lifetime ban

4. There is no set of documents required for a visit visa except your international passport and your visa application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by georgeify(m): 11:04am On Nov 11, 2018
Thank you. Still waiting for other comments
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by NothingDoMe: 11:55am On Nov 11, 2018
georgeify:
Thank you. Still waiting for other comments
Supporting documents are only one of many factors a consular officer will consider in your interview. Consular officers look at each application individually and consider professional, social, cultural and other factors during adjudication. Consular officers may look at your specific intentions, family situation, and your long-range plans and prospects within your country of residence. Each case is examined individually and is accorded every consideration under the law.

You may consider bringing the following documents to your interview, but they are not required and in most cases not viewed. Original documents are always preferred over photocopies. Do not fax, email or mail any supporting documents to the Embassy/Consulate General unless specifically requested by a consular officer to do so..............http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.asp

The summary of the above is that it is your right to bring documents to support your application. Your documents may or may not be viewed depending on the VO. Since you don't know what the VO's preference would be, i advise that you should go with your documents.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by henricson(m): 12:03pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hello guys... I'm new on this thread, but I'm hoping to get information on how to get a visiting visa to the USA.
I just got my Canadian student visa, and intend to attend my would be fiancée's graduation next year. I intend applying when I'm in Canada, I'll leave for Canada next month. May I know the procedure for this?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
henricson:
Hello guys... I'm new on this thread, but I'm hoping to get information on how to get a visiting visa to the USA.
I just got my Canadian student visa, and intend to attend my would be fiancée's graduation next year. I intend applying when I'm in Canada, I'll leave for Canada next month. May I know the procedure for this?

When you get to Canada ask the US embassy there for the procedure and apply from there like you plan.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2018
hello guys my name is Samuel and I got denied recently, here is how it went.
vo... gud aftanun, may I have ur passport pls
me.....gud aftanun, here is it
vo.....why er you going to new jersey
me.....got an all expense paid trip as a birthday and graduation gift to visit the USA on a tour from my parents
vo....dats wonderful congratulations
me... thank u
vo.....what do you do for work
me....fresh graduate of *** uni awaiting to go for my service in January n also a part time artist signed to *** record label
vo.....wow!!!!what type of artist?, is it music, movie or drawing?
me....music artist
vo.....as an artist u should be able to play some instrument what musical instrument do you play
me....I play d piano, guitar and drum set
vo......quite a talent
me....thank you
vo...what do your parents do for work
me....my dad is d area commander *** airport n also a business man wit landed properties for rentals n my mum is d CEO *** fashion n design
vo.....how long er u signed to *** record label
me.....1 year and 3 month but have been doing it for over 5 years
vo...are you married
me...nop very single, u know my age ryt
vo....(he laughed) do u have kids
me ....(I laughed ) nop BT very soon...
vo.....travel internationally before
me....nop, Neva had any reason to, until now
vo....(he laughed harder dis tym) typed n typed n typed for like forever.....he looked at d white n den d blue n den d white n finally d blue paper again n he said.....sorry u do not qualify dis tym u can try again n u CNT appeal dis decision
me.....asked why I was denied
vo.....its in d form
me...when can I apply again
vo....wen ur circumstances change but considering u case u can apply earlier
me.....thank you, n I left

pls my people what went wrong o.....I taught I almost got it....had no intention to immigrate at al....pls what can I do
tnkx...meanwhile let me apply for schengen so I can spend my Xmas n new year dere
nice comments pls.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2018
samplay9:

pls my people what went wrong o.....I taught I almost got it....had no intention to immigrate at al....pls what can I do
tnkx...meanwhile let me apply for schengen so I can spend my Xmas n new year dere
nice comments pls.

Great idea, do please. That just may end up being your game changer very soon compared to other necessary factors. Travel some bit elsewhere well graded/rated as starting a family seem not really on your table yet.

Regards

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Great idea, do please. That just may end up being your game changer very soon compared to other necessary factors. Travel some bit elsewhere well graded/rated as starting a family seem not really on your table yet.

Regards

tank u very much!!!
really appreciate....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Timika: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
Obinoscopy:
No. Mandatory medical examinations are for immigrant visas.
Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2018
Sparkle1515:
Ask Google Trumps PA

Dumbo let me give you small titties to suck since craving attention.

Its called surrogate aka supporter
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2018
samplay9:
me.....got an all expense paid trip as a birthday and graduation gift to visit the USA on a tour from my parents
me... thank u
me....fresh graduate of *** uni awaiting to go for my service in January n also a part time artist signed to *** record label
me....music artist
vo.....as an artist u should be able to play some instrument what musical instrument do you play
vo......quite a talent
me....thank you
me....my dad is d area commander *** airport n also a business man wit landed properties for rentals n my mum is d CEO *** fashion n design
vo...are you married
vo....(he laughed harder dis tym) typed n typed n typed for like forever.....he looked at d white n den d blue n den d white n finally d blue paper again n he said.....sorry u do not qualify dis tym u can try again n u CNT appeal dis decision
vo.....its in d form

nice comments pls.

The maga was just leading you on and using you to catch work fun

11 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 6:42pm On Nov 11, 2018
samplay9:

pls my people what went wrong
o.....I taught I almost got it....had no intention to immigrate at al....pls what can I do
nice comments pls.

It may be very difficult for members of this forum to determine why your visa was declined.
You have posted a transcript but the transcript is only a fraction of many factors visa officers take into consideration to issue a visa.
Things we dont know are your demeanor during the interview, we also don't know if there is a red flag on your file ...

You may have a great transcript but we don't have all the elements of your application.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IyawoToBe(f): 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
TheCongo2:

It may be very difficult for members of this forum to determine why your visa was declined.
You have posted a transcript but the transcript is only a fraction of many factors visa officers take into consideration to issue a visa.
Things we dont know are your demeanor during the interview, we also don't know if there is a red flag on your file ...

You may have a great transcript but we don't have all the elements of your application.

Good luck
Which one is demeanor again? cheesy He obviously has no ties. Even me wouldnt have granted the visa if i were a VO.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by PinkSunset: 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
boladet:
Hello all I would like to apply for visiting visa for my baby who is just 2 months old ,the rest of the family have visas but we have not used the visas to travel yet, will we have to go to the Embassy for interview or it will be done differently.

I very recently applied for a visa for my 5 months old baby and she got it. The rest of my family had visas just like yours, but the only difference is that we had travelled with our visas.

But i know they will give your baby. The fact that you had a valid visa but still chose to birth your baby in Naija will score major points for you.

Make sure that your baby's birth certificate is one of the major documents you go to the interview with. And be prepared for questions because you might be asked a few. Also go along with your own passport which has your valid visa (they asked me for mine).

I posted my transcript a few pages back...you might wanna read it.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 2:56am On Nov 12, 2018
IyawoToBe:
Which one is demeanor again? cheesy He obviously has no ties. Even me wouldnt have granted the visa if i were a VO.

Bhet on this same thread.. Have seen people with Virgin passport.. Single.. No work.. And got their visa approved..

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Mizwisdom(f): 7:05am On Nov 12, 2018
samplay9:
me... thank u
me....music artist
vo......quite a talent
me....thank you
vo...are you married
vo.....its in d form

nice comments pls.

They need your visa fees, don't take his bait to apply again, they'll keep eating your money.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by mudi1012: 7:30am On Nov 12, 2018
No someone filled the form for me under my supervision you know how they do it
Chacha22:

I am assuming you mean your girlfriend filled the form for you.. ?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Paularge2211: 9:03am On Nov 12, 2018
God day everyone. ..please I would love to know which of these fisa on arrival countries that would enable me build a good travel history for the US B1/B2 Visa....please your candid advice would go a long way... thanks all
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Samsamjaja: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2018
I am writing to express my displeasure at the unfair treatment meted out to me by the US Embassy. On the 6th day of November 2018, I paid the sum of 57600 for a B1b2 visa at GT Bank and reference number was generated for me. Thereafter I went to Ustraveldocs.com and clicked on schedule an appointment. This page took me to cgifederal.secure.force.com where I was requested to create a profile.

I created a profile and logged in and clicked on new application/ schedule an appointment and the following promptings came up
STEP 1: I selected non immigrant visa as my visa type
STEP 2: I selected Abuja as the post where I would like to schedule an appointment.
STEP 3: I selected all other visa categories including tourism.
STEP 4: I selected b1b2 visa for business and pleasure.
STEP 5: I filled in my personal information including my passport details, my contact information and my mailing address.
STEP 6: I was asked to add by name or add existing applicant if I have a group or family who needs to apply for a visa with me which I declined because I was traveling alone.

At step 7, I was asked whether I am a Nigerian passport holder or a Nigerian resident which I answered yes. I was asked whether I am 80 years or above which I answered no. I was asked whether I was previously issued a two year b1b2 visa which I answered no.

Thereafter I was asked to specify document delivery and I clicked on pick up and selected Abuja.

At step 8, I was asked to enter my MRV receipt number which I did and I got this response,"no valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for"

At this point, I contacted support@ustraveldocs.com and complained that I am having difficulty booking a date for interview. I got the shocking response that I have applied for interview waiver even though I did not qualify and as such they will not be able to release my MRV receipt and that I should purchase another receipt to book a regular appointment.

I have painstakingly enumerated in details the steps I took to book a regular appointment and did not see where I applied for waiver of interview. I answered truthfully that I have not been issued with a b1b2 visa in the last two years and that I am not 80 years and above. I know that I was not entitled to waiver and never applied for it.

I hereby reiterate that at no point in the process did I apply for a interview waiver. I applied to schedule an appointment and not to waive an appointment. It is therefore absolutely unjustifiable and unacceptable to withhold my MRV receipt and render me incapable of scheduling a regular appointment on the strength of that MRV receipt.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR INTERVIEW. I CANT SEE WHERE I WENT WRONG. I HAVE WATCHED A LOT OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS ON HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT YET I CANT SEE WHERE I WENT WRONG
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 11:14am On Nov 12, 2018
@Samsamjaja
Take heart your money is gone you mistakenly pay to Wrong Account which is interview waiver even though u did not qualify and as such they will not be able to release your MRV receipt and you have to purchase another Visa fee and make sure u take ur time and read it many times befor click anything .this only happen in naija non refundable

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by IyawoToBe(f): 11:54am On Nov 12, 2018
Mayorr89:

Bhet on this same thread.. Have seen people with Virgin passport.. Single.. No work.. And got their visa approved..
Yes, people who have a job and have stayed long at the job (I mean years of experience) Not a fresh graduate waiting for NYSC.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 12, 2018
Samsamjaja:
I am writing to express my displeasure at the unfair treatment meted out to me by the US Embassy. On the 6th day of November 2018, I paid the sum of 57600 for a B1b2 visa at GT Bank and reference number was generated for me. Thereafter I went to Ustraveldocs.com and clicked on schedule an appointment. This page took me to cgifederal.secure.force.com where I was requested to create a profile.

I created a profile and logged in and clicked on new application/ schedule an appointment and the following promptings came up
STEP 2: I selected Abuja as the post where I would like to schedule an appointment.
STEP 5: I filled in my personal information including my passport details, my contact information and my mailing address.
STEP 6: I was asked to add by name or add existing applicant if I have a group or family who needs to apply for a visa with me which I declined because I was traveling alone.

At step 7, I was asked whether I am a Nigerian passport holder or a Nigerian resident which I answered yes. I was asked whether I am 80 years or above which I answered no. I was asked whether I was previously issued a two year b1b2 visa which I answered no.

Thereafter I was asked to specify document delivery and I clicked on pick up and selected Abuja.

At step 8, I was asked to enter my MRV receipt number which I did and I got this response,"no valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for"

At this point, I contacted support@ustraveldocs.com and complained that I am having difficulty booking a date for interview. I got the shocking response that I have applied for interview waiver even though I did not qualify and as such they will not be able to release my MRV receipt and that I should purchase another receipt to book a regular appointment.

I have painstakingly enumerated in details the steps I took to book a regular appointment and did not see where I applied for waiver of interview. I answered truthfully that I have not been issued with a b1b2 visa in the last two years and that I am not 80 years and above. I know that I was not entitled to waiver and never applied for it.

I hereby reiterate that at no point in the process did I apply for a interview waiver. I applied to schedule an appointment and not to waive an appointment. It is therefore absolutely unjustifiable and unacceptable to withhold my MRV receipt and render me incapable of scheduling a regular appointment on the strength of that MRV receipt.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR INTERVIEW. I CANT SEE WHERE I WENT WRONG. I HAVE WATCHED A LOT OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS ON HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT YET I CANT SEE WHERE I WENT WRONG

I believe you are supposed to fill DS 160 form first immediately you create a profile.
This method of getting an appointment date first is a source of issues.

Not sure what you can do beyond paying again

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by YUNGLURD(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2018
IyawoToBe:
Yes, people who have a job and have stayed long at the job (I mean years of experience) Not a fresh graduate waiting for NYSC.
You can't be so sure ma

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by PinkSunset: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2018
Samsamjaja:

I don't see anything you did wrong from the point where you created your profile, but did you fill out your DS 160 form first? You didn't state that you filled your form. According to your narrative, you created a profile and logged in to book an appointment.

So did you fill your form? I'm asking for the sake of clarity.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
PinkSunset:

But did you fill out your DS 160 form first? You didn't state that you filled your form. According to your narrative, you created a profile and logged in to book an appointment.

Likely done at his STEP 5.... The issue however is that some absent minded stuff may have just happened, especially in the region of that "80 years or above" question and that of "if one was previously issued a two-year B1B2 visa", quite tricky. The whole thing go be you like film, this happened to us about 3 years ago, likewise LadyGuinivere.

I later sat down and did some reflection, and somehow still believe I made that mistake around the "80years and above" question, except for the new dimension OP just brought to it now, I'm now asking myself if I reflected right cheesy grin. That thing pain die! Na who e never do naim no go understand. I'm with my brother on this "gbege" even though I believe nothing will still be achieved yet sha, Na to redo am naim sure pass....

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Samsamjaja: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2018
PinkSunset:

I don't see anything you did wrong from the point where you created your profile, but did you fill out your DS 160 form first? You didn't state that you filled your form. According to your narrative, you created a profile and logged in to book an appointment.

I did and was given a barcode number. I created a profile 3 days after I submitted my DS 160
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Samsamjaja: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
PinkSunset:

I did and was given a barcode number
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sharpman1(m): 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
samplay9:
me... thank u
me....music artist
vo......quite a talent
me....thank you
vo...are you married
vo.....its in d form

nice comments pls.

1. No ties to your home country

2. No travel history

3. Reason for visiting not really compelling.

4. Wrong time. US embassy in Nigeria is ruthless at the moment. No mercy.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Samsamjaja: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2018
jj17cv:
@Samsamjaja
Take heart your money is gone you mistakenly pay to Wrong Account which is interview waiver even though u did not qualify and as such they will not be able to release your MRV receipt and you have to purchase another Visa fee and make sure u take ur time and read it many times befor click anything .this only happen in naija non refundable

I did not pay into wrong account. I went to GT and told them that I want to pay for b1b2 visa. I never applied to waive an interview or even to schedule an appointment before I made the payment.

MY PROBLEM IS THIS, EVEN IF I PURCHASE ANOTHER RECEIPT, WHAT WOULD I DO DIFFERENTLY FROM WHAT I HAVE Done ALREADY.?

My people have a saying that he who does not know where rain started beating him will not also know where it stoped beating him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by jj17cv(m): 4:57pm On Nov 12, 2018
@Samsamjaja
This is Very painful when embassy chop ur money without going 4 interview Us embassy have Know mercy maybe u think u don't click interview waivers that is where the problem from this happen to me last 3 months family of 4 Nothing come up until we get another visa fees . just becareful when u are booking appointment especially when u are looking for earlier date
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2018
Samsamjaja:

I did not pay into wrong account. I went to GT and told them that I want to pay for b1b2 visa. I never applied to waive an interview or even to schedule an appointment before I made the payment.

MY PROBLEM IS THIS, EVEN IF I PURCHASE ANOTHER RECEIPT, WHAT WOULD I DO DIFFERENTLY FROM WHAT I HAVE Done ALREADY.?

My people have a saying that he who does not know where rain started beating him will not also know where it stoped beating him.
You might have absent-mindedly answered yes to either over 80 years or interview waiver. It happens.

Relax and stop trying. Give it a day or 2 and try again. It might also be system error.

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.