Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176080 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
iyaaliyah:
Hello everybody!
Please oh, my oga at the top, I want to renew my visa. Pls who has renewed recently? What stage will it take me to Dropbox? I am applying for the same visa category. The last was B1 for conference but I believe it is same thing. Or am I missing something? Visa expired in June, 2018. Do I start from the profile?

Posted this in 2016 though, but still very valid approach....

https://www.nairaland.com/2656320/usa-visit-visa-part-2/49#42600899

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Donacanada: 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2018
Please comments...
Donacanada:
Hello everyone. I hate to do this, jump into a thread on nairaland without reading to get a proper feel of the thread and asking questions that have already been answered. but I am pressed for time and I just discovered this thread today through a google search. we have an interview for B1/B2 visa very soon. The application was packaged by my husband and I never showed interest in it really because I am not really interested in U.S. However, my hubby for some reason thinks if a person has not visited U.S, he or she is not made or something. And he thinks he has a better chance if we apply as a family, hence the family application. He applied as a single person in 2014, he says he had a good interview with multiple travel history to the UK, but the VO asked him if he was married or had any kids and he said no. he was refused. He believes the refusal was because he had no family ties. Now we have a daughter. Suddenly I am apprehensive about the interview, I hate failure. How do we show ties to the Nigeria. I work with a bank, earn N385,000 monthly. He has a business, annual income about 2.4-3million. We live in our own home (although I don't know how to show the VO that). We have no intention to remain in the US. I have 20 working days leave pending for the year (haven't used any leave days). We plan to spend 2 weeks. our daughter is a baby so she has not started school. My husband's cousin has invited us to stay with his family in the US. Any pointers for our interview? Anything to note? General Advice? will appreciate comments. thank you.
sorry for the long post. trying to give enough background info.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2018
Donacanada:
Please comments...

Can you please edit your post to include paragraphs
It is difficult to read a long post without paragraphs

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chacha22: 7:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
Donacanada:
Hello everyone. I hate to do this, jump into a thread on nairaland without reading to get a proper feel of the thread and asking questions that have already been answered. but I am pressed for time and I just discovered this thread today through a google search. we have an interview for B1/B2 visa very soon. The application was packaged by my husband and I never showed interest in it really because I am not really interested in U.S. However, my hubby for some reason thinks if a person has not visited U.S, he or she is not made or something. And he thinks he has a better chance if we apply as a family, hence the family application. He applied as a single person in 2014, he says he had a good interview with multiple travel history to the UK, but the VO asked him if he was married or had any kids and he said no. he was refused. He believes the refusal was because he had no family ties. Now we have a daughter. Suddenly I am apprehensive about the interview, I hate failure. How do we show ties to the Nigeria. I work with a bank, earn N385,000 monthly. He has a business, annual income about 2.4-3million. We live in our own home (although I don't know how to show the VO that). We have no intention to remain in the US. I have 20 working days leave pending for the year (haven't used any leave days). We plan to spend 2 weeks. our daughter is a baby so she has not started school. My husband's cousin has invited us to stay with his family in the US. Any pointers for our interview? Anything to note? General Advice? will appreciate comments. thank you.
sorry for the long post. trying to give enough background info.

Well all I can say is that your profile seems okay. I will advice that you inquire from hubby and know every single detail of what he filled on the form.
Also, when you go before the VO appear very relaxed and calm.. Dont give off any aura of "I really want this visa". If you and hubby are not good public speakers, practice in your mirror.

You will be asked questions about your place of work, your earnings, where you are going to stay in the Usa, your family income, maybe something about your child's education, your budget for the trip etc. Answer all these questions truthfully and you wont have any problems. Dont let the high rate of refusal pressure you.

Most importantly you and hubby should sit down and review his previous application. Ensure he did not lie in that application. If he did, he should come clean to the VO.

All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
lollyberry:
Hello house.

I have a valid visa and also my 3 children, one is a citizen,

I got my children visa this September and I am to travel for this Chrimas vacation , but my sisters wedding has been scheduled for Dec 22nd, so we won't be able to go for this Christmas.

Now my husband applied so that we can all go together for next year Christmas vacation, although interview date is 11th of April 2019.

He already was denied once, he applied to go on vacation alone, and was denied

Plz what are my husband chances of getting his visa this time around

@Seyewest @justwise and all other great guru in the house pls help a sister out

Try to travel around the date you filled in your form if you want to help your husband (Travel with the kids and return if you want them to take your husband serious)

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:51pm On Nov 15, 2018
iyaaliyah:
Hello everybody!
Please oh, my oga at the top, I want to renew my visa. Pls who has renewed recently? What stage will it take me to Dropbox? I am applying for the same visa category. The last was B1 for conference but I believe it is same thing. Or am I missing something? Visa expired in June, 2018. Do I start from the profile?

fill your ds160 and apply via dropbox.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by djfrancis: 10:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Malevonent: 10:41am On Nov 16, 2018
Lordcrixus:

Email came in yesternight and Passport already collected today.
The interview dates on the profile says May 2019, and travel planned for March 2019.

same happened to bae, eariest dates i cud c was feb, and trip was late dec.i later picked feb, hoping to contact the embassy to enable me fil and submit another ds 160 form bearing an amendended travel date. after about 2wks, the embassy reshedued the dropbox interview to nov, but bae was asked only 2 questions and issued the blue paper, nothing was asked from her as per docs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nwachinaemelu1: 11:40am On Nov 16, 2018
Hello guys. I'm new to this thread and i wish to ask a few questions. I'm currently studying a masters programme in one of the top universities in Europe. The programme is for 2 years but this is my first year. However, I wish to go visit my girl friend in the US during Christmas in December 2018 or during Easter(April) 2019.

so here are my questions
1. I was asked to apply now and choose a travel date towards the end of Christmas even though i'm not sure i would be able to travel at that time, and when granted the visa, in the event that i don't make my travel date in December, i could then travel in the early months of next year, most likely in April. Please is this a good idea?

2. While filling the form, i indicated "Self" for the funding field, would i be asked to show prove of funds like bank statement during the interview or something? or should I just indicate that my girl friend would sponsor the trip since she's currently working in the US and more financially stable. I don't really have much amount of money in my bank account...i'm currently only studying and not working yet.

3. I am currently filling the DS 160 form for visa type "Business & Tourism B1/B2' is this the right visa type for my case?

I already tried to read through the thread for answers but I couldn't find helpful answers for my case...please help a brother.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amoj4682: 11:55am On Nov 16, 2018
In the country where you are studying. Go to us embassy website. Check for their visa types. Read through their requurements and apply for your desired visa type. If you are applying from Nigeria. Then B1/B2 visa is the tourist visa you need.

Your proof of funding should be included such as bank statements and the likes. If you are the one paying for your trip. Your gf documents like her passport or document showing she is legally staying the Us should also be included. A proof that you are schooling in the said country is also important: admission letter, school idcard, letter from your part time job employer if you are working and other important documents is also needed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Amoj4682: 12:02pm On Nov 16, 2018
Nwachinaemelu1:
Hello guys. I'm new to this thread and i wish to ask a few questions. I'm currently studying a masters programme in one of the top universities in Europe. The programme is for 2 years but this is my first year. However, I wish to go visit my girl friend in the US during Christmas in December 2018 or during Easter(April) 2019.

so here are my questions
1. I was asked to apply now and choose a travel date towards the end of Christmas even though i'm not sure i would be able to travel at that time, and when granted the visa, in the event that i don't make my travel date in December, i could then travel in the early months of next year, most likely in April. Please is this a good idea?

2. While filling the form, i indicated "Self" for the funding field, would i be asked to show prove of funds like bank statement during the interview or something? or should I just indicate that my girl friend would sponsor the trip since she's currently working in the US and more financially stable. I don't really have much amount of money in my bank account...i'm currently only studying and not working yet.

3. I am currently filling the DS 160 form for visa type "Business & Tourism B1/B2' is this the right visa type for my case?

I already tried to read through the thread for answers but I couldn't find helpful answers for my case...please help a brother.

In the country where you are studying. Go to us embassy website. Check for their visa types. Read through their requurements and apply for your desired visa type. If you are applying from Nigeria. Then B1/B2 visa is the tourist visa you need.

Your proof of funding should be included such as bank statements and the likes. If you are the one paying for your trip. Your gf documents like her passport or document showing she is legally staying the Us should also be included. A proof that you are schooling in the said country is also important: admission letter, school idcard, letter from your part time job employer if you are working and other important

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2018
Do some folks on this thread have job(s) in real life?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
Donacanada:
Please comments...

Looks like you or your family have some immigration intents to Canada. Have you been denied Canadian visa? How far gone are you in the Canadian skillled visa program ?

Be ready to defend your ties to Nigeria it will boil down to that.

Tough luck but best of luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Seankay323: 5:00pm On Nov 16, 2018
Please is it better to go with your family for interview or go alone(husband) to stand a chance of getting a visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Lordcrixus: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2018
Malevonent:

same happened to bae, eariest dates i cud c was feb, and trip was late dec.i later picked feb, hoping to contact the embassy to enable me fil and submit another ds 160 form bearing an amendended travel date. after about 2wks, the embassy reshedued the dropbox interview to nov, but bae was asked only 2 questions and issued the blue paper, nothing was asked from her as per docs
That’s so serious, this guys are vexing these days. The Canadian outcry was a mess on them and I believe has much to do with the recent refusals.
What are the questions asked and did your bae give birth in the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
Seankay323:
Please is it better to go with your family for interview or go alone(husband) to stand a chance of getting a visa?

Your knowlege of your individual or combined circumstances will give you an insight into your chances

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Enasdan(m): 5:42am On Nov 17, 2018
AfonjaBoston:
Do some folks on this thread have job(s) in real life?
US embassy do carry out background check and verification on where you work
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by AfonjaBoston: 2:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
Enasdan:
US embassy do carry out background check and verification on where you work

Oh they do? They have time ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheCongo2: 5:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
AfonjaBoston:

Looks like you or your family have some immigration intents to Canada. Have you been denied Canadian visa? How far gone are you in the Canadian skillled visa program ?

Be ready to defend your ties to Nigeria it will boil down to that.

Tough luck but best of luck

From her post, there is no indication that she had applied for a Canadian visa or intend to submit the Canadian skilled program application.
How then did you come to this conclusion?

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by cacnig111: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2018
A former American diplomat Kathryn Berck, has revealed that 44.9% of applications by Nigerians for nonimmigrant B visas to the US were rejected in 2017. She also revealed the reasons for the high rejection rate.

In a post on popular Q&A site www.Quora.com monitored by ZikistMovement.com she said;

“Unfortunately, there are far too many Nigerians who have learned that the only way to get what they want is to make up stories and to buy and present fraudulent and counterfeit documents in order to get what they want.

“I’ve worked in Lagos and know that there are many, many smart, honest, sophisticated and honorable Nigerians everywhere, in all levels of society.

“But those who practice fraud overwhelm their numbers – at least, in the queue in front of the US consulate.

“Last year (2017) the nonimmigrant B visa refusal rate for Nigerians was 44.95%. It’s too bad, but that’s how it is.”

In a similar post, the former diplomat also had this to say on the issue:

“If you mean, “Why are Nigerian US visa applicants always refused” the answer is, they aren’t.

“In 2017, only 44.95% of Nigerian applicants for US nonimmigrant visas were refused. That is less than half. Why were they refused? They could not convince a US consular officer that they intended to visit the US only briefly, for a rational reason, and then go home again. Part of that inability to convince was due to false/forged/counterfeited documents, and lies of what I call kindergarten quality.

“It’s too bad that many honest Nigerians are stymied by the dishonesty of others, but it is what it is.”

To Zikist Movement, the overall messages from all these seem to be:

1. “Nigerians, make your country work.”

2. If you want to travel to the US,.try not to break their rules.

Source: http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2018/11/17/us-why-we-rejected-44-9-of-nigerian-visa-applications/
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sandraade(f): 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
Can you please enlighen me? I'm having an interview on Tuesday 20th of Nov. And Nigeria federal govt has declared the same day as public holiday. Does that mean US embassy will work on the day or whst will happen to my interview?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ola96: 10:17pm On Nov 17, 2018
Good day everyone, i have been following this thread for sometime now, my question now is that i applied for b1/b2 last month in abuja but was denied, though i stay in lagos, had to put abuja cause that was the only available place for my interview before my travel date, now my dad said we should apply for a family next year, my dad has a very good job, i want to know if my last application wont affect this current 1, and my age too, i should be 22, and i have 2 siblings, the age factor too scares me. My question now is 1) will the age factor be a problem? 2) the last application was in abuja, will this 1 in lagos be a problem? Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by lawnreigh(m): 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2018
Good Evening everyone, I must commend everyone here for doing a Great job. I will be having my interview soon, I applied for B1/B2, I work in a production company as HR Manager and Language Interpreter, I plan to go to U.S in December, spend 12days on my annual end of the year leave in New York, then return home because I have to be back to work immediately after the new year. I have traveling experience, I was in China for a year program from work (I came back July this year), I have also been to Thailand and Qatar on tourism and I usually have short stay in the countries have been to ( like 1 week), I'm married and have a child, my present passport was issued in Beijing, China. I will like to know my chances of getting the visa, what should I expect during the interview, tips and any other necessary advise will be welcome.
I'm not desperate to get the Visa though, I don't just like rejection and hearing the high level of refusal makes It seems somehow. Thanks in anticipation
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ifyalways(f): 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2018
lawnreigh:
Good Evening everyone, I must commend everyone here for doing a Great job. I will be having my interview soon, I applied for B1/B2, I work in a production company as HR Manager and Language Interpreter, I plan to go to U.S in December, spend 12days on my annual end of the year leave in New York, then return home because I have to be back to work immediately after the new year. I have traveling experience, I was in China for a year program from work (I came back July this year), I have also been to Thailand and Qatar on tourism and I usually have short stay in the countries have been to ( like 1 week), I'm married and have a child. I will like to know my chances of getting the visa, what should I expect during the interview, tips and any other necessary advise will be welcome.
I'm not desperate to get the Visa though, I don't just like rejection and hearing the high level of refusal makes It seems somehow. Thanks in anticipation
Since you are not desperate for the visa now, you might want to re-schedule the interview and/or trip. The embassy are not smiling on Tourism people now, there are other countries you can go to.

Qatar and Thailand as travel history ties are not really that strong.

This is my opinion and im no VO.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by iyaaliyah: 7:46am On Nov 18, 2018
Thanks Seye, Goodmorning.
seyewest:

fill your ds160 and apply via dropbox.

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.