Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172274 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheAristocrat(m): 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2019
Yes, I'm a muslim.The training was essentially a 3-month certification programme organized by IFP in France.
OmoBendel24:
Wow! Congrats to you both first.

DS-5535; one is a Chemical Engineer who last year attended a company sponsored training (on what too if I may ask please?), the other (maybe an Engineer related to chemicals or nukes or technology too) wants to attend a conference on “Technology” and Management. If both happen to be Muslims, I don’t think we will exactly be wrong to postulate that the profiling has likely gone a notch higher lately....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TheAristocrat(m): 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2019
grin Well, thanks.****fingers crossed****
Mizwisdom:

Congratulations in advance. N730 per month is someone's annual salary grin that's a good one, I wonder why you were refused last year
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ntyce(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2019
yusaaj:

Sure,will post updates once issues cleared.
Thank you so much

Hope you are sure that you haven't posted any radical message online or via social media...
Like someone said earlier, they just want to be sure that you are not a security threat.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 8:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
TheAristocrat:
Hello everyone.I went for my B1/B2 Visa interview today at Abuja. Below is the transcript. CO:Good morning. Me:Good morning. CO: So you're going to Houston? Me: Yes. CO:Why? Me: Vacation.I'll be on leave in April. CO: Which countries have you been to? Me: France and UAE for business, UK for vacation. CO: When was the last time you left Nigeria? Me: Left June 2018 and returned September 2018. CO: Why the long duration? Me: I attended a training sponsored by my company CO: You were denied US Visa in 2018? Me: Yes, in January 2018. CO: Why? Me: I couldn't convince the CO of my ties to Nigeria at the time. CO: How much do you earn? Me: N730,000.00. CO: What do you do? Me: I am a chemical engineer with ****( an agency under Ministry of Petroleum Resources.) CO: How long will you be in the USA? Me: 1 week. CO: What would you be doing? Me: I plan visiting museums in the Museum district, Hermann's park and downtown Aquarium. CO: Your application will undergo administrative processing and your passport will be returned to you.You will get an email from us this afternoon.Please fill the attachment and return.
****hands me my passport and a yellow form with notifying me to fill the DS5535 form.****? Side comment: The CO was pleasant,polite and patient unlike my first interview.Maybe its because I was better prepared.Thanks to everyone who posted their transcripts.

Keep us informed and good luck

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by yusaaj: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2019
OmoBendel24:
Wow! Congrats to you both first.

DS-5535; one is a Chemical Engineer who last year attended a company sponsored training (on what too if I may ask please?), the other (maybe an Engineer related to chemicals or nukes or technology too) wants to attend a conference on “Technology” and Management. If both happen to be Muslims, I don’t think we will exactly be wrong to postulate that the profiling has likely gone a notch higher lately....
I think it's all about engineering profession,I am a cost engineer(QS) work for a company which provides waste management and technology services.The proposed conference is all about solid waste technology and management in usa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by yusaaj: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
ntyce:

Hope you are sure that you haven't posted any radical message online or via social media...
Like someone said earlier, they just want to be sure that you are not a security threat.

Nothing of such...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rolake1(f): 2:00am On Jan 30, 2019
Good morning guy. Please want to make enquiries for a family applying for u.s visit visa

1. On the ds160 they choose b1/b2 instead of b2 alone since they will be going for only 10day vacation. A husband wife and a daughter and all the information is submitted already even appointment booked already. Does this mean any harm if the VO sees this.
2. Hubby's company decided to pay for the flight ticket only for the family trip.
3. It's a vacation to California

Please will be waiting for a response of an idea from everyone. Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obinoscopy(m): 5:20am On Jan 30, 2019
Opeyemi007:
I know its not related but has anyone here ever talked their way through South Africa immigration without a visa? I know its unrelated to the post but i haven't been able to find anything helpful on this. Traveling to Mauritius, feb 12 with my gf, South African Airlines Business class, there's a 19 hrs stop over on the way back and it would be too long to spend in the transit hotel. Its too late to apply for a visa because it takes forever to receive a decision. Has anyone ever been lucky to talk their way into being allowed into the country for a couple hours? I have visited the country in the past 2013 and i didn't violate their visa terms. Thanks
I recommend you try posting this on a South Africa thread. Your chances of getting an appropriate answer is higher there than here.

Here is a link to an SA thread: https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Obinoscopy(m): 5:23am On Jan 30, 2019
Rolake1:
Good morning guy. Please want to make enquiries for a family applying for u.s visit visa

1. On the ds160 they choose b1/b2 instead of b2 alone since they will be going for only 10day vacation. A husband wife and a daughter and all the information is submitted already even appointment booked already. Does this mean any harm if the VO sees this.
2. Hubby's company decided to pay for the flight ticket only for the family trip.

B1/B2 visa just as the name implies, covers both B1 and B2. So no cause for alarm.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by obatuntun1(m): 7:18am On Jan 30, 2019
gimakon:
I will be going for my visa Interview come March 6th this year, conference invitation though on Oil and gas, I have taken to memory the hotel, the address as well as the inviting party Invitation Information there in Texas.
I am believing By the grace of God I will make headway, I have over 5 years of experience Working here in Nigeria, Not married... Now here comes my question.

If I am going for a Conference would the visa officer ask me Questions Relating to the Conference? I am a Solutions Architect / Software Developer and I am going for an Oil and gas conference. We have built some Automated Projects for Some oil and gas companies too, and I stated it in my DS-160. Again, At the University, We did borrow courses for Engineering and that's how I came to understand this course as well, Though not 100 %, its a borrowed course - Remember.

What do you think, I am already studying about the Technology and Naval Architecture.
Advise needed.

Bro, let talk more. Am also going for this OTC2019... Currently based in Dubai. Coming home for the interview and take off from Nigeria... WhatsApp number on my profile.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ocon: 7:43am On Jan 30, 2019
Good morning house, please I need your opinion and advice here.
My friend and I wish to leave this country for Canada or US. I suggest we apply for a student visa as we're almost done with NYSC but he's concerned about the money involved (we're both can't afford it and no sponsor). I try to convince him we might be lucky to get a full or half scholarship but he's having non of it.

So yesterday, he took me to an agent who he claimed has successfully gotten Canada and US visa for people. On getting there, the agent said he's going to help us apply for a tourist visa which will be made legal on getting there. He said we will pay an initial amount of 70k and then 350k when the Visa is out.

Now, to my best of knowledge and then information i've gotten from this thread and the US thread. I deduce

1) it's almost impossible to be granted a visiting visa when you've no relatives or any important thing like conference or tour to do over there.

2) With no previous travel history, no landed property, strong ties at home or a fat account statement. Our chances is almost zero.

3) Also learnt that the US and Canada share travel history with each other and I am afraid if we apply for this visa and was eventually denied, won't it raise an issue when I want to apply for a student visa later.

4) I asked the agent all this questions but he replied that he has he ways around all this especially the bank statement and intent. I am afraid of this as I think he might want to forged or probably include false documents in the application.

I try reasoning with my friend but he's not convinced enough and he's hell-bent of going ahead with the agent.

Please is it advisable to go ahead with the agent or I should just apply for the student visa and be hopeful whether I could get a funding.

Thanks...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by oluwa234: 8:01am On Jan 30, 2019
If you read through this platform/thread very carefully, you will realise that the use of agents for tour application os STRONGLY discouraged!!! Agents seem to have done more harm by good and will often misrepresent their clients. You stand a risk of being banned or even prosecuted (ideally) if you choose to go this route. If you have 420k to give an agent I'll advise you save your money rather than spend so much and still have regrets.

Ocon:
My friend and I wish to leave this country for Canada or US. I suggest we apply for a student visa as we're almost done with NYSC but he's concerned about the money involved (we're both can't afford it and no sponsor). I try to convince him we might be lucky to get a full or half scholarship but he's having non of it.

So yesterday, he took me to an agent who he claimed has successfully gotten Canada and US visa for people. On getting there, the agent said he's going to help us apply for a tourist visa which will be made legal on getting there. He said we will pay an initial amount of 70k and then 350k when the Visa is out.

Now, to my best of knowledge and then information i've gotten from this thread and the US thread. I deduce

1) it's almost impossible to be granted a visiting visa when you've no relatives or any important thing like conference or tour to do over there.

2) With no previous travel history, no landed property, strong ties at home or a fat account statement. Our chances is almost zero.

3) Also learnt that the US and Canada share travel history with each other and I am afraid if we apply for this visa and was eventually denied, won't it raise an issue when I want to apply for a student visa later.

4) I asked the agent all this questions but he replied that he has he ways around all this especially the bank statement and intent. I am afraid of this as I think he might want to forged or probably include false documents in the application.

I try reasoning with my friend but he's not convinced enough and he's hell-bent of going ahead with the agent.

Please is it advisable to go ahead with the agent or I should just apply for the student visa and be hopeful whether I could get a funding.

Thanks...

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:18am On Jan 30, 2019
Ocon:
My friend and I wish to leave this country for Canada or US. I suggest we apply for a student visa as we're almost done with NYSC but he's

Thanks...

Let your friend do his thing... must you travel together... mind you, you don't know the kind of opportunities you will have in 10yrs and don't allow ''today'' frustration ruin your future plan (Imagine, you got employed with a firm and part of your work duties involves a lot of traveling to U.S but you can't do it because you've done something fraudulent 4-7 yrs ago) Think am well..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Opeyemi007: 10:28am On Jan 30, 2019
Obinoscopy:
I recommend you try posting this on a South Africa thread. Your chances of getting an appropriate answer is higher there than here.

Here is a link to an SA thread: https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries

thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Rolake1(f): 10:52am On Jan 30, 2019
Rolake1:

I need more reply please because I was told they were suppose to choose b2 only since no official work/conference involved. More so how can they make
It clear to the VO THAT HUBBY COMPANY IS SPONSORING THE TICKET ALONE WHILR THEY EILL BE SPONSORING OTHER EXPENSES HOTEL AND ALL
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ocon: 11:28am On Jan 30, 2019
seyewest:

Let your friend do his thing... must you travel together... mind you, you don't know the kind of opportunities you will have in 10yrs and don't allow ''today'' frustration ruins your future plan (Imagine, you got a work in Nigeria and it involves traveling to U.S regularly but you can't do it because you've done something fraudulent 4-7 yrs ago) Think am well..
Thank you for this insight
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Ocon: 11:29am On Jan 30, 2019
oluwa234:
If you read through this platform/thread very carefully, you will realise that the use of agents for tour application os STRONGLY discouraged!!! Agents seem to have done more harm by good and will often misrepresent their clients. You stand a risk of being banned or even prosecuted (ideally) if you choose to go this route. If you have 420k to give an agent I'll advise you save your money rather than spend so much and still have regrets.

Thank you sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ocon:
Thank you sir

Spend that 70k on the internet and printing information

Studying abroad is expensive but their are many scholarships and grants for Africans. Research.
A simple search using words African Scholarships Grants Students will bring out a lot. You find the one you qualify for and apply.
It doesn't have to be US or Canada.

Please let your friend pay agent, Agent too must chop.
After paying 70+350 to agent then he'll pay for visa application then ticket of circa 400k
Please tell me how He has 1million lying around unless he wants to steal it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by emeldamicheals: 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
Our visa's were ready for pick up yesterday following our 221G interview on Monday. I just picked them up now.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 30, 2019
I submitted my passport last week Thursday and tried tracking it today it said no update yet, has it happened to anyone ?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abisolaarshow(f): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
Hello, please help! The person inviting me over is around and would like to go to the interview with me. Would they allow that?
Also I can't seem to upload my passport , can I just go with the hard copy? Thanks in Advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ozymes: 4:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
1. He can not have access except he is on appointment
2. You must upload your passport to avoid been sent back.

Gracias!
abisolaarshow:
Hello, please help! The person inviting me over is around and would like to go to the interview with me. Would they allow that?
Also, I can't seem to upload my passport, can I just go with the hard copy? Thanks in Advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by akinkk(m): 5:52pm On Jan 30, 2019
Good evening house. Please I'll need your opinion on this:
I would be concluding my NYSC in March and my cousin just sent me an invitation letter for his graduation in May in the USA. By this time, I'll be out of engagement (NYSC) and I just want to visit for this and head back. My trip would also be funded by my parent. Do I stand a chance, considering employment status and personal finances? I was recently rejected by the UK in November when I applied to go for vacation in December (reason: home ties, personal financial situation), so I didn't want to go ahead with this but my cousin is saying I could still go ahead since they are different countries and the processes are different.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by abisolaarshow(f): 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2019
Thanks alot

ozymes:
1. He can not have access except he is on appointment
2. You must upload your passport to avoid been sent back.

Gracias!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
chloe00:
I submitted my passport last week Thursday and tried tracking it today it said no update yet, has it happened to anyone ?

Na normal thing for now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2019
akinkk:
Good evening house. Please I'll need your opinion on this:
I would be concluding my NYSC in March and my cousin just sent me an invitation letter for his graduation in May in the USA. By this time, I'll be out of engagement (NYSC) and I just want to visit for this and head back. My trip would also be funded by my parent. Do I stand a chance, considering employment status and personal finances? I was recently rejected by the UK in November when I applied to go for vacation in December (reason: home ties, personal financial situation), so I didn't want to go ahead with this but my cousin is saying I could still go ahead since they are different countries and the processes are different.

Since UK denied you... why not try Countries like UAE, South Africa etc abi that's not part of the grand plan? grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by iyaaliyah: 11:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
Knock knock!!! Good evening everyone! Pls oh I got an update on my status to schedule a follow up appointment (whatever I have done, I no know.loll) Now, do I just go to DHL office to pick passport cos there is no info as to my passport or wait cos I feel I should atleast see my passport before scheduling interview. Tnx
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DexterousOne(m): 1:42am On Jan 31, 2019
seyewest:

Since UK denied you... why not try Countries like UAE, South Africa etc abi that's not part of the grand plan? grin

I see what you did there cheesy grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Maestro001: 5:59am On Jan 31, 2019
Has anyone booked appointment lately for Lagos...please what’s the latest appointment dates available?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:38am On Jan 31, 2019
Hello! Hello! Hello!

Happy new year ndi nkem?

Any puff puff or popcorn arand?

I see una! I remain Loya!

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2019
LadyGuinivere:
Hello! Hello! Hello!

Happy new year ndi nkem?

Any puff puff or popcorn arand?

I see una! I remain Loya!

LadyBabeG! All hail we lady.... It haff “tayed” walai. Nuff greetingz!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.