Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1176891 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2017
Lamide123:
I applied for US visa and approved for 2 year tourist visa in February 2016. I have used this visa 3 times.
I used it in May 2016 - I stayed in US for only 1 month
I used it in September 2016 - I stayed for 5 months
I used it in August 2017- I stayed for 3 months.

I never overstayed or give birth while in USA

About to go for visa renewal in December or January. Need advice from gurus in the house

This will trigger an interview for sure. Do you not have a job here in Nigeria? You're spending 50% of your time in the US, doing what?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
hawklan:
As long as you know you have not violated any rule or law guiding against your stay, At the POE you are stamped to stay for 6 months how u want to use it is your business but just don't over stay which from your explanation you haven't. kindly go ahead and do your drop box and expect your goodnews.

Technically not true. When you apply for a visa, you told them that you had a job or school or something that would compel you to return to Nigeria. Staying 5 months at a time suggests that this is not the case.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Reine22: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2017
Pitykitten:
Goodmorning.
Please has anyone here ever carried cake to the US?

Someone ‘needs’ undecided Red velvet cake and wants it from a particular place in Lagos.

If you or someone you know has transported this successfully, kindly advise. Thank you so much.

Flying with cakes can be tricky. It’s easier to travel with cakes to Europe because it’s a 6hr journey. The simplest way to fly to the US with cake will be to freeze it and pack in your checked in baggage. Considering it is red velvet, the taste would most likely not be the same after freezing but it is still worth a try.
Another way would be to take it onboard fresh as or in your hand luggage but that can be quite unwieldy if it is in a box or be at the risk of melting into your other items during the 12hr flight.

My recommendation: Try option one (properly sealed in ziploc bags)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by eyinola: 2:48pm On Nov 29, 2017
Those guys at the embassy are not smiling today at all.. Blue papers everywhere
Vo..................Good morning
Me.... ............ Good morning
Vo. ..... .. pp.
Me.................pass my pp
Vo...................why r u going to the us
Me..................I am going thr to represent my family to attend my niece wedding on 17/March 2018
Vo...................are u married
Me.................. Yes
Vo....................how many kids
Me...................a set of twins
Vo............ .. .... What's ur work
Me.................... Accountant at xxxxx
Vo..................... Ur job roles
Me......................bla bla bla
Vo...................... U studied accounting
Me..................... No... Business Administration
Vo....................... U learn on the job
Me....................... I hv a professional cert in accounting
Vo........................ Hv u traveled before
Me................... . Not at all
Vo......................... I am sorry u r not qualified for now
Me......................... Thanks

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2017
MamaOO:

I have so much to say to you. But since it’s a new day and new morning. I’ll let you go and not derail this thread any more. I fixed the nonsense you wrote for you btw. Have a great morning.
No oo.......continue, i still need to see more of you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2017
Vanity007:

@concho at this point I need to apologize to you. Its obvious who the crazy bitch is. @mamaOO yes am mad if u really know me in real person.. And the type of madness I exhibit on Public forums is that of civility and decorum. Go home and take your frustration on your husband if u truly have one. Am sure his passing through alot having your kind of stupid ass waking beside him everyday. Biatch. So say whatever you want after this , I have alined myself with the progressives on this forum. @concho so sorry to mention your name Bro.
No p sir.......jst let her be......Av seen a lot of her type

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2017
MamaOO:

And I pray my husband doesn’t regress and become a man like you. A man that will spend all his productive years attacking people on the internet! undecided

Do you have the intention of coming to the US and working under the table? Because I don’t see why you’re crying more than the bereaved. I told the original poster the truth. She spent too much time in the US with very little stay in Nigeria. But what do I know? I’m just hating undecided
I have heard you..........case closed

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Azeezatdami93: 4:51pm On Nov 29, 2017
I'm a silent follower, B1/B2 visa approved today at lagos, Was refused F1 last year, transcript coming soon.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by def111(m): 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2017
No joke please.help a brother that is in Libya pay for USA visa fee. I believe he will be grant the visa cos that will be is freedom. Lady G and co. Your brother need your help

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by soleexx(m): 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2017
Pls guys Whats your advice on Couple attending US Embassy with there little son to apply for visa...For a visit/tourist to the States... and what are the likely questions they should be ready to provide... Thankz
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Azeezatdami93: 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2017
Transcript
Vo : can you pass me your documents
I : passed my dad passport mistakenly instead of mine first, i requested for it, but he asked me not to worry... He went through both
Vo: why are u going to the US
I : GOING for xmas and new year vacation with my dad, he couldn't make it to tge UK with me for last vacation, i ended up going alone, so he decided to make it up to me by takin me on this trip with him
Vo: (flipped through my pp) so u said your dad couldn't travel with u to tge UK
I : yes, i travelled alone
Vo : do u ve anybody there
I: yes, my uncle and his family (wife, children) stays there...
Vo : how long did you spend in the UK
I : 6weeks, i was on holiday, so i also spent my xmas ans new year vacation there
Vo: have your dad been to the US before
I: yes
Vo: have u applied for US visa before
I: yes, ive once applied for F1 visa last year,
Vo : so what do you do now
I : I'm an........student of so so so school, and i wikl be done with my course od study by......
Vo: who is paying for the trip
I: my dad
Vo : where will u be seeing in newyrk
I: Empire State building, statue of liberty, times square, brooklyn museum, qnd also sightseeing ..
Vo: how long will u be staying
I : 2weeks
Vo : i will be approvijg ur visa, pick up... Blah bla

N:B just be truthful in ur application, and be confident. truly i wanted studying Back then bt was denied, then i decided to school here in naija, then went to UK FOR holiday, i was 100% truthful....my next xmas vacation will be in paris by God grace.. I love holidays... I wish myself a great vacation in ahead.. Will make sure i spend my 2weeks vacation well in NY

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
soleexx:
Pls guys Whats your advice on Couple attending US Embassy with there little son to apply for visa...For a visit/tourist to the States... and what are the likely questions they should be ready to provide... Thankz

Go and read part 1,2 and 3. You will see that these questions you asked won't be necessary. They have been answered many times and you will gain enough insight that your next post here would be your transcript with the VO.v

You can read everything or a whole lot in 2 weeks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2017
Azeezatdami93:
Transcript
I : passed my dad passport mistakenly instead of mine first, i requested for it, but he asked me not to worry... He went through both
I : GOING for xmas and new year vacation with my dad, he couldn't make it to tge UK with me for last vacation, i ended up going alone, so he decided to make it up to me by takin me on this trip with him
Vo : how long did you spend in the UK
I : 6weeks, i was on holiday, so i also spent my xmas ans new year vacation there
Vo: have your dad been to the US before
I: yes
Vo: have u applied for US visa before
I: yes, ive once applied for F1 visa last year,
Vo : so what do you do now
I : I'm an........student of so so so school, and i wikl be done with my course od study by......
Vo: who is paying for the trip
I: my dad
Vo : where will u be seeing in newyrk
I: Empire State building, statue of liberty, times square, brooklyn museum, qnd also sightseeing ..
Vo: how long will u be staying
I : 2weeks
Vo : i will be approvijg ur visa, pick up... Blah bla

N:B just be truthful in ur application, and be confident. truly i wanted studying Back then bt was denied, then i decided to school here in naija, then went to UK FOR holiday, i was 100% truthful....my next xmas vacation will be in paris by God grace.. I love holidays... I wish myself a great vacation in ahead.. Will make sure i spend my 2weeks vacation well in NY
Nwanne congrats.
But let other students different o! This is a rich kid cheesy. With travel history. Before one person with suffer head like like me go dey final dey use this transcript to carry hope.
Happy travels Mr Gulliver cheesy

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 8:35pm On Nov 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Nwanne congrats.
But let other students different o! This is a rich kid cheesy. With travel history. Before one person with suffer head like like me go dey final dey use this transcript to carry hope.
Happy travels Mr Gulliver cheesy

Lmao. You have zero chill. grin cheesy

Anyway one "Libyan" is asking u for visa fee.

A person who can't afford a visa is saying he will approved.

Lemme come and be going

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2017
coldsummer:

Lmao. You have zero chill. grin cheesy

Anyway one "Libyan" is asking u for visa fee.

A person who can't afford a visa is saying he will approved.

Lemme come and be going

He no even know say I got collect the one e don raise. Eye dey red person dey talk Libya. Hisss

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

He no even know say I got collect the one e don raise. Eye dey red person dey talk Libya. Hisss

Loooooooool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by akinkunmi2020: 10:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
Hello All, I Wish To Go For Vacation(2weeks) In Atlanta With My Wife and kid Coming Dec/Jan New Year holiday break, both bankers with "okay" take home (Money Is Not The Issue), Good Position At Work But first timer(virgin Passports), Interview Date Is Dec. Any Tips?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2017
Good evening house, plz I need help. I had issue with my passport, it has just 4months to expire and my uncle has booked my b1-b2 visa appointment on it for Jan. He's assuring me that I can get my visa on about to expire passport but I'm not satisfied with his claim. Can I renew the passport and proceed to the interview with both passport? Will the vo consider me and issue my visa on my new passport which the new pp is not registered on my profile?
Pls help
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 12:04am On Nov 30, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:
Good evening house, plz I need help. I had issue with my passport, it has just 4months to expire and my uncle has booked my b1-b2 visa appointment on it for Jan. He's assuring me that I can get my visa on about to expire passport but I'm not satisfied with his claim. Can I renew the passport and proceed to the interview with both passport? Will the vo consider me and issue my visa on my new passport which the new pp is not registered on my profile?
Pls help

It's supposed to be 6 months tho expiration. Just renew and carry it along. Better safe
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 12:30am On Nov 30, 2017
Azeezatdami93:
Transcript

Nice one... When you marry.. you will think twice before traveling for vacation because it will not only be you but your family first.. grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:21am On Nov 30, 2017
Adeneyagrofeeds:
Pls help

Your uncle isn't wrong, you can get the visa on the about to expire passport if at all qualified, you can also get it on the new passport if you renew before interview date, no ish, just bring it up during take-in and at the beginning of your interview.

Noteworthy however is the fact that you will always need the new passport to make the trip if approved. So, if your visa is on the new passport, you travel with that alone, but if on the old passport, you will have to be traveling with both passports. Regards

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:26am On Nov 30, 2017
akinkunmi2020:
Hello All, I Wish To Go For Vacation(2weeks) In Atlanta With My Wife and kid Coming Dec/Jan New Year holiday break, both bankers with "okay" take home (Money Is Not The Issue), Good Position At Work But first timer(virgin Passports), Interview Date Is Dec. Any Tips?

Tips:

1. No big deal with virgin passport, if you are qualified you will be approved.

2. Your proposed two weeks is fair enough.

3. Just read, read, and read the different parts of this thread. Virtually everything is in them!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2017
seyewest:

Nice one... When you marry.. you will think twice before traveling for vacation because it will not only be you but your family first.. grin

No be for everybody oh! It works different ways for different people. I like travelling lots, my wife doesn't much, the major thing we have in common is that we like and prefer SHORT STAY TRIPS. I can take four ("quality and not quality"wink countries on a trip (even repetition sef, plus different time zones wahala), it won't even wear me out, but my wife wouldn't (she prefers one or two quality travels at a time. I even like spending a day or two in my flight transit countries/cities including within the US, Canada deliberately), I just enjoy "wakadugbe" movements.

So, I most times end up doing my own trips while she does hers alone or with the kid. Been some time we both were on a trip together despite that we (particularly I) make at least one, two, sometimes three trips annually as individuals, no ish at all going it alone, less monetary calculations and involvement! I still have unused tickets to two destinations and will have to embark on them alone soon before story that touch enters because she wouldn't do repeat destination - UAE join oh, we've been there twice together, while I have been there like five times on a general count (e no dey tire me). So, different folks, different strokes!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by akinkunmi2020: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2017
@OmoBendel24 Thank You.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hawklan: 9:23am On Nov 30, 2017
Appreciate your response but i would like to add that going to yankee and extent of stay differ from immigrant to immigrant from a reliable source am not denying if the said person will not be invited but all am saying is the reason for staying depends on the traveller and breaching any US law was not actioned then i still dont see any issue with it. #mysmallchinchin
TWoods:

Technically not true. When you apply for a visa, you told them that you had a job or school or something that would compel you to return to Nigeria. Staying 5 months at a time suggests that this is not the case.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by TWoods(m): 9:25am On Nov 30, 2017
hawklan:
Appreciate your response but i would like to add that going to yankee and extent of stay differ from immigrant to immigrant from a reliable source am not denying if the said person will not be invited but all am saying is the reason for staying depends on the traveller and breaching any US law was not actioned then i still dont see any issue with it. #mysmallchinchin

That "reliable source" is deceiving you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 9:46am On Nov 30, 2017
PLEASE I NEED A STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A US VISIT VISA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Yeanca(f): 9:47am On Nov 30, 2017
VERY URGENT PLEASE...08098236782
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Baywood(m): 9:52am On Nov 30, 2017
eyinola:
Vo. ..... .. pp.
Me..................I am going thr to represent my family to attend my niece wedding on 17/March 2018
Me.................. Yes

What might be the problem? Your job and family seem to be a strong home tie. VOs are not predictable. Some of them are even biased. It's well. Try next time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2017
STEP 1: VISIT THE US EMBASSY WEBSITE.

Yeanca:
PLEASE I NEED A STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO APPLY FOR A US VISIT VISA
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 10:00am On Nov 30, 2017
I think this VO is wondering how you studied business admin. in university, but work as an accountant. He/she asked you if you learn on the job, an opportunity to explain how a business admin. graduate is able to work as an accountant. Re-apply.

eyinola:
Vo. ..... .. pp.
Me.................. Yes

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OmoBendel24: 10:21am On Nov 30, 2017
Yeanca:
VERY URGENT PLEASE...

By the time one agent or 419 turns you around with this your details and empties you, shebi you will accept it's all your fault? A study of different parts of this thread can yet help you from unnecessary wahala now that you haven't exactly started on a wrong footing. It's almost all in here, just STUDY....

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.