Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1177140 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 9:20am On Nov 28, 2017
Yes! You need to get a passport for each of them

donkarly:
Hello house,I'm planning on going on holidays with my family.i just want to know if my two kids(a year n six months and 2 months) will need international passport..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by hawklan: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2017
As long as you know you have not violated any rule or law guiding against your stay, At the POE you are stamped to stay for 6 months how u want to use it is your business but just don't over stay which from your explanation you haven't. kindly go ahead and do your drop box and expect your goodnews.
Lamide123:
I applied for US visa and approved for 2 year tourist visa in February 2016. I have used this visa 3 times.
I used it in May 2016 - I stayed in US for only 1 month
I used it in September 2016 - I stayed for 5 months
I used it in August 2017- I stayed for 3 months.

I never overstayed or give birth while in USA

About to go for visa renewal in December or January. Need advice from gurus in the house

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Efielu: 9:48am On Nov 28, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

No

Thanks!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2017
MamaOO:

Your brain must be filled with rocks! I guess you had amnesia and your brain blanked the area where she said she had a job but quit the job in 2016.

You sound really pained! Talk about crying more than the bereaved. If she is confident she didn’t do anything illegal while she was in the US, why is she scared of renewal? And since you’re talking about people’s mom on the Internet, I’ll welcome you to go visit mine where she’s currently at.
Madam you have a serious problem .

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by muyico0le(m): 10:55am On Nov 28, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

Wrong thread.
I'm sure of that.

Sorry but I didn't see a thread that fit perfectly well for this.....Please if you know Answer to it can you please give me regardless?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2017
charaph:

She just stated the business, the income could not be determined for now

For me I have landed property apart from the one i built for myself and another one I inherited which amount to an average income of 250k per annum.
There is nowhere in the form where you input your landed property and I have not come across an interview transcript where the VO asked about it. The only income I am seeing from this is 250k per annum which is not up to the price of a flight ticket.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hello muyico0le -

No, this claim is not true. The US recognizes marriages solemnized at federal registries, or at LGA registries, or traditional marriages all equally.
Any of them are recognized under Nigerian law, and thus under US law as well.

LagosNIV

muyico0le:
Good evening you all, please I need an answer to this question...Please only ans if you are 100% sure...My fiance is a green card holder and we she coming home this December for our wedding, our registry will be in ibadan and that's what she will use to file my immigrant visa for me when she go back...Just someone called me that the only recognized registry is the one at ikoyi Lagos State that that's the one she should use...Please I want to know if this claim is true..Thanks as I wait for help

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by rayfemcares: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2017
Thanks a lot Lady G God I'll continue to bless you, please lady G I have personal questions to ask from you, kindly inbox on rayfemcares@yahoo.com thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by muyico0le(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello muyico0le -

No, this claim is not true. The US recognizes marriages solemnized at federal registries, or at LGA registries, or traditional marriages all equally.
Any of them are recognized under Nigerian law, and thus under US law as well.

LagosNIV

Thanks alot God bless you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by DanielTX(m): 6:19pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hi Guys, i have been reading this trend since August, part 2 to Part 3. I was at the embassy today and i have to admit the tension was crazy!! My case was a bit scary. My transcript below.

VO - Good Morning
Me - Good Morning, How are you doing?
VO - Can i have your passport
Me - Passed my passport
VO- Why are you visiting the US
Me - I am going on a vacation.
VO - Where are you going to?
Me - New York and I would love to Experience Christmas in New York and the highlight of my vacation would be a visit to the madison Square garden to watch the Knicks and ..... ( she cuts me )
VO - Someone filed a petition for you!!!
Me - shocked What petition.
VO - Which surname do you use 1 or 2
Me - 2
VO - Your date of Birth
Me - 1st Of May 198*
VO - Your dads name is *******
Me - Yes
VO - Did you know he filed?
Me - No Idea ( i actually didn't state that in my Ds160, believe me i was panicking already because i had no clue what *Petition* was to be very honest). Then she stood up and left for a minute. ( Back )
VO - Where did you study
Me - 8 years Medicine in Russia
Vo - What is the undergraduate program Like
Me - 1 Year Russian Language 6 years of medicine and 1 year internship.

Then she was like pick up your visa at so so so in 3 working days.

Me - When was the petition filed .. She said 16 years ago.

I have never been to the embassy, my dad never mentioned a word on petition and the scary part was the record was there waiting for me for 16 YEARS. I do have solid travel history UAE, France, Russia, Seychelles and other african countries. But i think the petition was the deal breaker. Thank you guys, really appreciate the experiences shared.

18 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by concho(m): 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2017
MamaOO:

Back at you. Dumbass
Chai.....God pls save me from this kind of woman wen i wan marry o.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Chuchunana: 6:58pm On Nov 28, 2017
travelpoint:

That is true story. While in US I stayed with my baby daddy. I didn't do any paid job either over or under the table. I look for job but I couldn't get one. Also my baby daddy doesn't want me to work. I don't have any reason or reasons to lie to you guys cos you guys are not the one to make decision. Just seeking advice
travelpoint:

That is true story. While in US I stayed with my baby daddy. I didn't do any paid job either over or under the table. I look for job but I couldn't get one. Also my baby daddy doesn't want me to work. I don't have any reason or reasons to lie to you guys cos you guys are not the one to make decision. Just seeking advice

Technically, you've not overstayed but like Mama00 said your extensive stay will attract attention during your renewal. I'd sincerely advise you to get ready to be called in for an interview(I have a friend with a similar case and she was called in)...But It may or may not happen, it could swing either way.

Worst case you get called in and answer any question asked. There's really nothing to be scared o, just say the truth.

All the best!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2017
rayfemcares:
Thanks a lot Lady G God I'll continue to bless you, please lady G I have personal questions to ask from you, kindly inbox on rayfemcares@yahoo.com thank you.

So sorry sweets. I don't dm. Ask here. I go answer the kweshun here to pieces
I promise to treat it like thesis sef
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2017
DanielTX:
Hi Guys, i have been reading this trend since August, part 2 to Part 3. I was at the embassy today and i have to admit the tension was crazy!! My case was a bit scary. My transcript below.

VO - Good Morning
Me - Passed my passport
Me - New York and I would love to Experience Christmas in New York and the highlight of my vacation would be a visit to the madison Square garden to watch the Knicks and ..... ( she cuts me )
Me - 2
VO - Your date of Birth
Me - 1st Of May 198*
Me - Yes
Me - No Idea ( i actually didn't state that in my Ds160, believe me i was panicking already because i had no clue what *Petition* was to be very honest). Then she stood up and left for a minute. ( Back )
VO - Where did you study

I have never been to the embassy, my dad never mentioned a word on petition and the scary part was the record was there waiting for me for 16 YEARS. I do have solid travel history UAE, France, Russia, Seychelles and other african countries. But i think the petition was the deal breaker. Thank you guys, really appreciate the experiences shared.

Finally someone with a transcript as against the ones who keep asking questions that have been answered over and over again.

Congrats Daniel. happy for u.

Btw u too talk sef. Who ask you where and were you dey visit for new York.

U are buying us a drink in New York

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2017
concho:
Chai.....God pls save me from this kind of woman wen i wan marry o.
And I pray my husband doesn’t regress and become a man like you. A man that will spend all his productive years attacking people on the internet! undecided

Do you have the intention of coming to the US and working under the table? Because I don’t see why you’re crying more than the bereaved. I told the original poster the truth. She spent too much time in the US with very little stay in Nigeria. But what do I know? I’m just hating undecided

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vanity007(m): 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2017
@concho and @mamaoo I think both of you should look for drama thread to go and pick insults on each other. People come here for serious issues that affect their lives and that of their families and its not worth wasting this thread on something that doesn't add to the knowledge of visitors of this thread. Its so immature of both of you because if u guys actually have any iota of respect for yourself, you wouldn't pick a fight in a public forum like touts. Please you both can get the hell out of here and let's appreciate people with success stories. WTH!

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2017
Vanity007:
@concho and @mamaoo I think both of you should look for drama thread to go and pick insults on each other. People come here for serious issues that affect their lives and that of their families and its not worth wasting this thread on something that doesn't add to the knowledge of visitors of this thread. Its so immature of both of you because if u guys actually have any iota of respect for yourself, you wouldn't pick a fight in a public forum like touts. Please you both can get the hell out of here and let's appreciate people with success stories. WTH!
Wait. Are you mad? If you had any iota of respect for yourself, you won’t have said anything at all. Were you blind when he started throwing insults at me? Or what was I supposed to do? Look the other way right? The post where I answered her about why she stayed so long in the US, did I insult her?

Please, respect is reciprocal, so I would implore you to respect yourself. I am not your wife/sister/kid. Don’t come here looking to score cheap points, I am not that person. I’ll advise you to go concentrate on making your make-believe interview at the US Embassy a reality and stop flexing stupid muscle. In you life! I repeat, in your life!! Never you address me the way you just did.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelpoint: 1:41am On Nov 29, 2017
hawklan:
As long as you know you have not violated any rule or law guiding against your stay, At the POE you are stamped to stay for 6 months how u want to use it is your business but just don't over stay which from your explanation you haven't. kindly go ahead and do your drop box and expect your goodnews.
Good comment, this will help the poor lady

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by travelpoint: 3:24am On Nov 29, 2017
Chuchunana:

Technically, you've not overstayed but like Mama00 said your extensive stay will attract attention during your renewal. I'd sincerely advise you to get ready to be called in for an interview(I have a friend with a similar case and she was called in)...But It may or may not happen, it could swing either way.

Worst case you get called in and answer any question asked. There's really nothing to be scared o, just say the truth.

All the best!
Your comment is good man. Some people are here just to discourage people.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by OtunOba15(m): 7:00am On Nov 29, 2017
[sub][/sub]

When your Visa is renewed kindly share us the good news.

Best wishes.

travelpoint:

Your comment is good man. Some people are here just to discourage people.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Vanity007(m): 7:15am On Nov 29, 2017
DanielTX:

VO - Good Morning
Me - Passed my passport
Me - 2
VO - Your date of Birth
Me - 1st Of May 198*
Me - Yes
VO - Where did you study

Congratulations bro.. I have really leant from this bro. If we don't make attempt, we won't recover some glories and am sure bigger one is awaiting you in life. One love.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 7:23am On Nov 29, 2017
Please enough of this crazy. You guys can meet in real life and slug it out.
Na blocking from now on jare

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by usmanm77: 8:26am On Nov 29, 2017
Morning everyone,
My B1/B2 expired in March this year and haven't really been thinking about renewing it until now.

I recently applied for UK Study visa and I met someone at the visa center who recommended that I renew my US Visa as well. I will be departing for UK this coming January.

Now the situation is that I don't have any reason to travel to the US for anything at this point in time, so Im writing here to ask if it's a good idea to renew it even though I might not end up traveling to the US?

PS: I used the expired US visa once in 2015. Stayed there for just a week.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pitykitten: 9:20am On Nov 29, 2017
Goodmorning.
Please has anyone here ever carried cake to the US?

Someone ‘needs’ undecided Red velvet cake and wants it from a particular place in Lagos.

If you or someone you know has transported this successfully, kindly advise. Thank you so much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2017
usmanm77:
Morning everyone,
My B1/B2 expired in March this year and haven't really been thinking about renewing it until now.

I recently applied for UK Study visa and I met someone at the visa center who recommended that I renew my US Visa as well. I will be departing for UK this coming January.

Now the situation is that I don't have any reason to travel to the US for anything at this point in time, so Im writing here to ask if it's a good idea to renew it even though I might not end up traveling to the US?

PS: I used the expired US visa once in 2015. Stayed there for just a week.
It's a matter of choice and availability of funds
Renewal by dropbox means you Prolly won't go for an interview the next tym you want to renew. Which me personally don't ever wanna do cos the crowds are cray.
So you wieigh both sides. U may just wanna pop into NY for a bit of shopping one day. Lol

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by usmanm77: 12:30pm On Nov 29, 2017
LadyGuinivere:

It's a matter of choice and availability of funds
Renewal by dropbox means you Prolly won't go for an interview the next tym you want to renew. Which me personally don't ever wanna do cos the crowds are cray.
So you wieigh both sides. U may just wanna pop into NY for a bit of shopping one day. Lol

Okay so, funds for renewal isn't an issue. If I renew and end up not traveling, hope it wouldn't cause complications for me in the future?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2017
usmanm77:

Okay so, funds for renewal isn't an issue. If I renew and end up not traveling, hope it wouldn't cause complications for me in the future?
.no it won't
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by MamaOO: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2017
Vanity007:

@concho at this point I need to apologize to you. Its obvious who the crazy bitch is myself. yes am mad if u really know me in real person.. And the type of madness I exhibit on Public forums is that of civility and decorum. I’ll Go home and take my frustration on my wife. Am sure she’s passing through alot having your kind of stupid ass waking beside her everyday. Biatch. So say whatever you want after this , I have alined myself with the progressives on this forum.
I have so much to say to you. But since it’s a new day and new morning. I’ll let you go and not derail this thread any more. I fixed the nonsense you wrote for you btw. Have a great morning.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Slim86: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2017
Yes he can be your sponsor so far he has the means and a good job

I isincere appreciate the initiator of this thread and all those answering our questions, God bless you.

My brother has invited us I, hubby & 2 kids to the us and he's also sponsoring as we cannot even afford it, our salary isn't that good.
My question is this,
1. when filling the form, do we fill my brother as the sole sponsor which is actually d case or I and hubby as d sponsor? Do the Vos frown at sponsoring working class adults?
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (508)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.