Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 3 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (1172444 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (508) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 10:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
charaph:

@ladyGuinivere, thanks for the reply but is our visit to usa is good enough or can be change.

Before I can came up with my question it means have gone through the thread and see the common questions being asked.I think my case is different that was why am seeking for advice. Please endeavor to advice on this
If you want the truth... everything your kids want to see in U.S is in dubai... Try that first then you can apply for U.S visa with your family later next year.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Id20noble(m): 4:30am On Nov 25, 2017
Vanity007:
Good day house.. I just booked my Interview for 9th of Jan. Am a lawyer and I earn good money alongside property management for my clients. I intend to spend ten days in Austin Texas with my male friend who is a Nurse.. Am 33, married with two kids..previous trip to Saudi Arabia for my hajj. My wife decided to spend her own vacation in Dubai two months ago ago with the kids base on the fact that she wears hijab and does not feel comfortably with the American attitude with Hijab Ladies.( no intention to state this thou) so she gave me the permission to spend the ten days with my friend in Texas. So am assuming my interview goes thus.

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good morning Sir.

VO: where are you going in US

Me: Austin Texas.. Tech Ridge precisely

VO: You know someone there?

Me: My blossom friend who is a Registered Nurse is

there and I would be spending my short stay with him

and his family

VO: why do u want to visit Texas

Me: Have heard a great lot of beautiful things about

Texas from my friend , its Night life and good food as well as lovely parks. I do love to also Visit San Antonio to watch my favourite spurs but definitely not in this trip

VO: are you married?

Me: Yes I have a beautiful wife and two lovely Kids age 5 and 3

VO: you have kids?

ME: Yes I have two lovely kids and expecting the third child by July. ( just giving sufficient reason to come back )

VO: what do you do for a living

Me: Am a lawyer and I run my own firm alongside

property consultancy. I have my client base.

VO: what's you monthly salary?

Me: 375k after tax inclusive of monthly charges on

property I manage for my clients.

VO: Have you travelled out of the Country before?

Me: I traveled to Saudi Arabia Last year for my Hajj

Note: All information supplied are genuine info. Do I stand a chance? Would appreciate seeing your corrections now than when the blue paper is in my hand. God bless you all .
...Will advise you to emphasise on the part that your wife is pregnant and will not be able to accompany to the USA...if you can her present there to prove a point to the VO....I think that will do...I guess am on track fellow nairalanders
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by akaynezi: 6:00am On Nov 25, 2017
notasowie:
goodday everyone in this house ..I'm new here have been following you guys from sometime now ..i have a very serious and complicated .I dont want to leave any stone untouch ..first in 2015 I contracted an agent which applied for a visiting visa and he filled I was married , working , earning about 600k.. and I was denial secondly in same 2015 December my uncle brought one 419 agent to apply for a student visa and the guy was bragging that he has some one in the embassy that will wipe all my previous details because I told him what I have been through , I knew he was lying since I wasnt the one paying I allowed him little did I know he was causing more harm than good ..this time he filled i was single ,not working , not married, I was still denial...It was then my uncle knew he brought a scam ..to cut the long story short , since December 2015 I haven't applied ..now I want to apply with my financee .my financee has gone to Dubai 2016 ,in August we want to Ghana together for the sister convocation .and I have been to tanzania..i now have travel history ..we want to apply as couple we are lion member we want to attend lion day with the UN in march 2018 we are thinking of applying jenuary ..Please house what advise do you have for me
Please, do you have any idea on how I can join Lions Club in Lagos?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by charaph: 11:17am On Nov 25, 2017
seyewest:

If you want the truth... everything your kids want to see in U.S is in dubai... Try that first then you can apply for U.S visa with your family later next year.

Seyewest you are the man really appreciate your contribution.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tallboo: 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2017
Transcript  for myslf,wify, 5yr old son n a yr old daughter....
Vo...Hello guys
Me..good morning maam
Vo...passport pls
Me....i gave her all d 4 passports( mine n wifeys own has old passport attached to new one so she wont ask again for the old passport cos it has first uk visa on it)
Vo...why are u going to d US
Me... myslf n my wife sed family vacation
Vo...how long are you staying
Me... i said two weeks
Vo...i can see you have booked an accommodation
Me....sed yes n was bringing out d hotel booking but she didnt ask.
Vo...i can see you have also travelled to Uk
Me....i responded dat yes in 2013 and 2016
Vo...What did u go to do in Uk and where in Uk
Me ....i sed for family vacation and London
Vo....asked wher in London
Me....sed colindale and stratford
Vo....what is my company into
Me....we r into bla bla
Vo....Aw much do i earn
Me....sed 350k
Vo....asked what does my wife do
Wify...sed she is bla bla
Vo...was typing...typing....jst gave us d white paper, circled an addy  n sed u can pick up ur visa so so place.

Both myslf n wify sed thank you ma n she smiled and responded....We return all glory to God

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by KaptainAfrika: 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
4. If you wish to do the right thing, apply for a US VISA AND FILL IN THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH, in the space provided for letting them know you have lied, fill in the truth. THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL GET A VISA, IT JUST AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW THAT YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN LYING TO THEM AND WISH TO RESTORE YOUR CREDIBILITY.
5. Travel to a lot of countries and check back in 10 years, which is usually the highest for non-permanent bans. IMHO

notasowie:
goodday everyone in this house ..I'm new here have been following you guys from sometime now ..i have a very serious and complicated .I dont want to leave any stone untouch ..first in 2015 I contracted an agent which applied for a visiting visa and he filled I was married , working , earning about 600k.. and I was denial secondly in same 2015 December my uncle brought one 419 agent to apply for a student visa and the guy was bragging that he has some one in the embassy that will wipe all my previous details because I told him what I have been through , I knew he was lying since I wasnt the one paying I allowed him little did I know he was causing more harm than good ..this time he filled i was single ,not working , not married, I was still denial...It was then my uncle knew he brought a scam ..to cut the long story short , since December 2015 I haven't applied ..now I want to apply with my financee .my financee has gone to Dubai 2016 ,in August we want to Ghana together for the sister convocation .and I have been to tanzania..i now have travel history ..we want to apply as couple we are lion member we want to attend lion day with the UN in march 2018 we are thinking of applying jenuary ..Please house what advise do you have for me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tay0: 9:57pm On Nov 25, 2017
Good day all, Nice work here I really appreciate this. Please I need a clarification, my schedule date is 6th December, that was the earliest I could get when I submitted my application and I plan a 10 days family vacation starting 19th. Would this pose any issue with the VO. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ugoguchy(f): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2017
tay0:
Good day all, Nice work here I really appreciate this. Please I need a clarification, my schedule date is 6th December, that was the earliest I could get when I submitted my application and I plan a 10 days family vacation starting 19th. Would this pose any issue with the VO. Thanks in anticipation.

My appointment date is 19th dec and my trip is 20th,19th was d earliest date i got after much refreshing
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by max1981(m): 10:47pm On Nov 25, 2017
Hello house, my (family of 4), visiting visa appointment is January 2018 at Lagos embassy.

I have visited S.A in 2016 then I applied for USA visa (conference immediately after my S.A trip but was denied. In 2017 Nov. My wife & I visited Dubai for our wedding anniversary (wife traveled for d first time, new passport), my children(4 &1+) never travelled before. Wife works in a bank earning 400k, myself earning 500k+. My Uncle invited us on a short visit if 10days, and we have planned to travel by mid Feb 2018. Please what is our chances and what are likely questions V.O can asked us. Thank you guys!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by coldsummer: 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2017
max1981:
Hello house, my (family of 4), visiting visa appointment is January 2018 at Lagos embassy.

I have visited S.A in 2016 then I applied for USA visa (conference immediately after my S.A trip but was denied. In 2017 Nov. My wife & I visited Dubai for our wedding anniversary (wife traveled for d first time, new passport), my children(4 &1+) never travelled before. Wife works in a bank earning 400k, myself earning 500k+. My Uncle invited us on a short visit if 10days, and we have planned to travel by mid Feb 2018. Please what is our chances and what are likely questions V.O can asked us. Thank you guys!

Travel history.........looks good

Finance.........Looks good

Chances.....Looks good (but no one can say for sure)

Possible questions.....No one can tell you that. Read this thread.

Good luck

Note to all Non immigrant visa holders:
Never be tempted to overstay your visa for any country. It's never worth it.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by tay0: 6:15am On Nov 26, 2017
tay0:

@ Gurus in the house please assist. LadyG, just wise n others please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 7:32am On Nov 26, 2017
charaph:
Hello guru in the house, please I need a candid advice on what to do and our chances of getting nthe visa. I intends to apply for visiting visa with my FAMILY. Below are my present status

1.No traveling experience by either me or my family.

2. We are Six in the family(Me,My wife and 4-Kids)

3.I work with multinational company with salary 370k

4.I have landed property with receipt and survey documents

5. We don't have any body in the USA.

6. Why we are traveling to USA is because of my children who have been disturbing me that they love to visit where nickelodeon actor/actress do act their film and meet some characters they love and book hotel close to the place.
7.My wife is a fashion designer.

Please kindly assist with feedback ASAP

How much do you have for the trip? Start from there
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Pesuzok(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2017
max1981:

It might help the gurus here if you can remember and post the last interview transcript.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by sugah: 8:50am On Nov 26, 2017
tay0:

@ Gurus in the house please assist. LadyG, just wise n others please
I am not a guru but I'd chip in.
The VOs suggest you make your visa application well in advance of your proposed trip so that you don't start panicking when any unforeseen delays occur.
However, this plays no part in whether you qualify for a visa or not.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by seyewest(m): 9:03am On Nov 26, 2017
ugoguchy:

My appointment date is 19th dec and my trip is 20th,19th was d earliest date i got after much refreshing
You need to change your arrival date to another date.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zimzee: 11:14am On Nov 26, 2017
charaph:
Hello guru in the house, please I need a candid advice on what to do and our chances of getting nthe visa. I intends to apply for visiting visa with my FAMILY. Below are my present status

6. Why we are traveling to USA is because of my children who have been disturbing me that they love to visit where nickelodeon actor/actress do act their film and meet some characters they love and book hotel close to the place.

Not like visa can't be issued to people with no travel history.
From the transcripts I have read from part1 to part3, I saw were visas were given to holders of virgin passports without any travel history. Your wife is a fashion designer, what is her average monthly income? Then aside your 370k salary, do you have a secondary source of income? Because you need to convince the vo of your family's ability to cater for the trip. Then what becomes your home tie when you travel with all your family? These are the things you need to have answers to. My humble opinion though. The gurus knows better.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by pilarnig(m): 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2017
max1981:

I have almost the same case as you, but no travel experience... An agent wants to fake traveling experience for 1.7 million. And I said why don't I go to Dubai and Kenya with the money and enjoy my self grin grin grin And then go back with the real travel experience �:-D:-D:-D

15 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2017
pilarnig:

I have almost the same case as you, but no travel experience... An agent wants to fake traveling experience for 1.7 million. And I said why don't I go to Dubai and Kenya with the money and enjoy my self grin grin grin And then go back with the real travel experience �:-D:-D:-D
Azzin ehhhh! U can even sit down and chop isiewu and cornflakes cheesy till the 1.7m finish. E better pass. Nonsense agent

11 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by domcreative: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
pilarnig:

The agent name na Dansuki?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 4:42pm On Nov 26, 2017
Ifeoluwadire:
Hello great pple, special grtns to LadyG, Justwise Ladylco, Seyewest, and all of u dt make it a pnt of duty to assist at all times.
GOD bless u all!

Ladylco i now hv a date in Dec by GOD'S Grace. Also Big tnks 4 hw u put me thru on hw to keep my DS-160 form updated until I'm rdy to summit it.
My qstns:
1. @Seyewest n co, ref ur comments on booking or not booking hotel, is it advisable dt I book hotel even wen a sibling has a comfortable home to receive me n my family.
Pse wat is d good n other side of dis to my interview?
3. I & my wife are both graduate officers of federal govt jobs and planning to visit a sibling. What impression can b created in VO's mind if my
sibling n parent are citizens?
2. Someone said *passport book nomba* is d nomba of pages of ur pali.
Pse is it true?

Gurus in d house tnks in anticipation...

Hello, sorry for the delayed response, I caught the flu so I've been down couple with the black Friday wahala,. So have not really been active online. To your question on passport num just select do not apply

It's doesn't matter where you work but how confident and comfortable are you with your work, and how intelligent you are able to answer the question thrown at you during ur interview and above all, how convincing are you to the VO that you are only going on a short visit to return back to nig

All the best

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 4:51pm On Nov 26, 2017
chummygirl:
hi all,
You guys are really doing a great job. pls I need ur assistance. My mum traveled to the US some years ago to visit my uncle who invited her. she stayed for two weeks and came back. she wants to travel again next year to visit the same uncle who wants to invite her. she wants my two years old daughter to accompany her. pls house is this possible? if yes what important document will I give to my mother to present at the embassy. thanx

No documents specifically but make these available in case your mum need to prove relationship:

Consent letter from the child's parents
Parents Vald IDs
Birth certificate of child that shows names of parents as indicated on IDs

All the best
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 4:58pm On Nov 26, 2017
Efielu:
Good evening All,

I have been a silent reader of this thread. I have just registered an account so I can be fully part of the house.

Please, I need your advice my people ooooooo.

I am a single lady, works and earn good salary (350k) monthly.

I am in the process of completing my Ds160 form online. In the space where they asked who is "paying for your trip" , I want to put SELF, but my Uncle whom I intend visiting is insisting I should fill in his name and details there.

It all seems to me that the VO will be thinking that I can not sponsor myself despite my good income.

Please, has anyone who genuinely earn same or above salary with me allowed his or her relative to pay for his or her trip?

Please, experienced gurus in the house should please help a sister out ooo... I no want make any mistakes jare!

I will advise you put yourself as the sponsor becos you are an adult and have a good job. Oyinbos don't believe nig have vacation culture talkless of being sponsored just to go on holiday not by your spouse but an uncle for that matter! They see us as potential immigrants.

You can put yourself as the sponsor, this should not stop your uncle from sponsoring the trip when you eventually get the visa.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2017
Prettylarmo026:
Hello house. A quick one please.. is it possible to get a ticket to the US 3days to travel??

Very possible even to anywhere in the world. Na your money kill am
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2017
samzworld123:
Good evening all I really wanna confirm something Can I change some information on my ds160 after submission? What is the im
plication if I do this please I need answer

Once the form us summited you can't change any info on it except you complete another one and update the ref num accordingly on your interview schedule profile
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by chummygirl: 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
thanks @ ladylco,
I will start to process my babygirl intl passport. I wanted to make sure before doing anytin becos 64K no be garri o! make I no go dash America embassy that kind of money lol.
thanks all.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2017
Rachie83:
I don't think she will be allowed to take your child along.

Why not?

My nephew is British and 2yrs and travels with his grannies
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by ladylco: 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2017
charaph:

Fill your forms as truthful as possible and state clearly ur purpose of visit, answer your questions confidently and you might get the visa, we've heard families here with no travel history obtain visa.

May luck, grace, favour of God..... Follow you.

All the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Zimzee: 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2017
Hello house.......please I need your advice, I got married 10yrs ago, and 2yrs into my marriage one of my sis in law who is separated with her hubby pleaded with me to help her care for her then 4year old daughter that she needed to get her life back. Its been 8yrs now, the girl is 12yrs now, she is like my own child, some people thinks she is my biological child. The question is can I include her in my family application since she is not biological to me.
I know I am not gonna tell all this stories to the vo cos I may not be permitted to. Is possible to take her along and if yes, what steps should I take.?
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 5:49am On Nov 27, 2017
Zimzee:
Hello house.......please I need your advice, I got married 10yrs ago, and 2yrs into my marriage one of my sis in law who is separated with her hubby pleaded with me to help her care for her then 4year old daughter that she needed to get her life back. Its been 8yrs now, the girl is 12yrs now, she is like my own child, some people thinks she is my biological child. The question is can I include her in my family application since she is not biological to me.
I know I am not gonna tell all this stories to the vo cos I may not be permitted to. Is possible to take her along and if yes, what steps should I take.?
Thanks
Is she your ward? Yes
Is she your daughter? No. That would be misrepresentation
If she had been formally adopted, then you can fill that.
Don't get it mixed up. So no you can't fill her details as your daughter.
You can travel with your ward that is legally under your care. Is her mother dead? No. So she can sign a consent form.you can also take along anything that shows proof that she's been living with you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by buddiemm: 8:44am On Nov 27, 2017
Good morning VO and all gurus in the house. My name is Olabode. Please I want to ask a question which I think might help other people as well. Please can you list a country you had a stop over as one of the countries you have been to in U.S. visa application. For example, if you are coming from UK through air france and you had a stop over in france can you list U.K. and France as countries you have been to? Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by LadyGuinivere: 9:02am On Nov 27, 2017
buddiemm:
Good morning VO and all gurus in the house. My name is Olabode. Please I want to ask a question which I think might help other people as well. Please can you list a country you had a stop over as one of the countries you have been to in U.S. visa application. For example, if you are coming from UK through air france and you had a stop over in france can you list U.K. and France as countries you have been to? Thanks
No sir
Technically you didn't enter the country
You didn't get a visa
You didn't demonstrate that you can be trusted with that country's visa

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 3 by Nikkygold4life(f): 11:52am On Nov 27, 2017
I sincere appreciate the initiator of this thread and all those answering our questions, God bless you.

My brother has invited us I, hubby & 2 kids to the us and he's also sponsoring as we cannot even afford it, our salary isn't that good.
My question is this,
1. when filling the form, do we fill my brother as the sole sponsor which is actually d case or I and hubby as d sponsor? Do the Vos frown at sponsoring working class adults?

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (508)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.