Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

I Am A Feminist!! - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist!! (41355 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Doctormarvin(m): 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
Funny enough the ones really championing the cause are few,not on Nairaland though...
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by dollyjoy(f): 9:57pm On Nov 02, 2017
AHCB:
Dolly baby. Is you be dis? How far la? Where you dey since? grin
Hey Joe,whatup? have been around. Trust you are good. Stay safe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by FuhckYhu: 10:00pm On Nov 02, 2017
TheSonOfMa.rk:

We've seen countless folks like you pandering to women on the pages of Nairaland hoping to earn brownie points.

That feminism seeks to champion women's cause only is no different from the KKK seeking for white superiority. Both aren't any different since both ideologies branch out to assume political forms.

Both are ultra ,self-serving movements of deranged halfwits , one seeking superiority of race and the other of one gender.

Humanism is more inclusive but they'd rather play the feminist card when it suits them.

No, you never were a man, not mentally at least. You're just a mental Caitlyn Jenner. smiley
Aaaaassh!

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by FTrebirth(m): 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2017
Omoluabi16:
lol bro. that world of their own part, e get as e be. we need them still. I believe feminist are in the minor, at least in africa.

definitely they are. and, laughably, even these ones ranting online are really nothing in real life. i learned one popular feminist from the family section is a slave to her husband. but she go come dey form nikita for nairaland.

SMH.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by NightHound(m): 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Lol... You don turn feminist advocate.

Them pocohantas and trustyshoes go soon make you GMD

Feminist company limited...

If the pay is good, I don't mind joining ooo...

I go even write, come publish am for National dailies...

Lol! You dey yab me, abi? I have four very opinionated elder sisters. They turned me into a feminist a long time ago.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by sirfee(m): 10:07pm On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

That will be difficult. They'll definitely not give up religion completely. Not when most of the subtle domineering and manipulation is done under the umbrella of religion.

We'll only end up with another conflicting sect, different categories of humanist. You'll most likely be a secular one, and the religious ones won't appeal to you grin

I know you're joking... shocked
You are absolutely right,religion is the mother of all fvckery and it is very lucrative.I believe the world is gonna be a better place one day,let's wait for the religious people to go back to heaven,purgatory etc maybe things would change.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2017
FTrebirth:

definitely they are. and, laughably, even these ones ranting online are really nothing in real life. i learned one popular feminist from the family section is a slave to her husband. but she go come dey form nikita for nairaland.

SMH.
I'm not surprise, at all, at all. Na nairaland many girls fit dey form say dem be Rambo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2017
NightHound:

Lol! You dey yab me, abi? I have four very opinionated elder sisters. They turned me into a feminist a long time ago.
No wonder!
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Foodforthought: 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:
I know you're here for my head but hear me out first. So in the space on an hour, I have come across two threads relating to feminism. This is not a counter or anything as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However I can't help but put my 2 cents in.
I seriously believe that feminism is highly misunderstood

First things first, let's define feminism; it is the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. Notice it doesn't say feminism is a drive towards matriarchy? Well that's simple, it's not.

There are many different types of feminism but I won't be discussing all of them as that will take too much time so I urge you to use good old Google!
So I think that the kind of feminism that people think of when they hear Feminism is Radical Feminism-: Radical feminism is a movement that believes sexism is so deeply rooted in society that the only cure is to eliminate the concept of gender completely or for females to dominate.

Now that's not the kind of feminism I'm talking about. Another type of Feminism is Liberal Feminism. Liberal feminists strive towards gender equality in all areas of life. Gender equality includes men too!

So why am I a feminist? Or why do I believe in gender equality? No, it's not because I believe that men and women are equal or because I'm against submissiveness or because I want female world domination (although that would be pretty cool)
I believe in gender equality for the same reason I believe in racial equality, tribal equality and anything that has to do with fairness in general.

Of course men and women are not equal, physicality being the main difference but they're both humans and both deserve to be treated equally as a result.

Believe me there's soo much more to say, but I don't want to make this too long. Feel free to ask questions, let's see if I can get you to see why feminism isn't all that bad

Give Femism a chance, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. We all should be feminists, we all should be striving towards equality
Lol. See how u are choosing your words , are you scared of backlash from the males ? Don't be scared to give your opinion at any time...you are always free.
Now to the subject of feminism in the Nigerian context I'm afraid only few females share your views...at least in the way you mean it to be. I say this because most women confuse pride and arrogance for confidence. No one stops a woman from achieving in life and standing up to a man in any field or walk of life but it is the fallout of this success that is mostly disastrous.
I'll be right back...

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by TheUmbra: 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
IamiKayJayCee:
I know of only one baboon on nairaland who could have said something like this. His moniker starts with "L" and ends with "Z". Am I right? grin

Typing his name in full would have made you a damn-the-consequences, barefaced toughie.

So, why not go all the way, thread the path of the brave, spell his name in full and let's see if you have what it takes to preserve your honour when he responds.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Daeylar(f): 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
IamiKayJayCee:
Fight? I wouldn't even bother. That would destroy the thread. I wouldn't indulge their stupidity and join them in turning it to a battlefield.

That's the end of it. I had to respond to that because it was quite annoying for him to ignore the other post and come to pick out something from mine.

True a beautiful thread that has served it's purpose, fighting on this thread will only get it deleted.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2017
Daeylar:

LMAO grin grin grin

Why did you bother to reply? I laughed out loud when I saw that post, grin grin grin

Imagine the question? I thought this was a free for all brawl? when his friend came for you first and it seemed like he was winning he was happy, now you gave return fire, he's coming to police your replies? LMAO grin grin grin grin

Anyways.
Is it that you want to do this or you're just responding cos he dissed you? You don't have to, since you're growing out of this you don't have to let him push you back, but if you want to. Aiit.
I'm not doing that shiit. At least, not on this thread. Allow them to convulse and have epileptic seizures all they want.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by kozmicity: 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
Jupxter:

I've yet to met an unconfused feminist. They have a mixture of pride, arrogance, depression, confusion with choices and well defined standards, they can't, even the most brilliant feminist can'tboldly give a clear and defined declaration about what feminism means and stands for

Especially in Nigeria...the average teenage girl is a feminist wannabe but they know nothing of the movement...

Abeg,make dem do pass this law for gender equality make I deal with this girl wey dey vex me...
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2017
IamiKayJayCee:
I know of only one baboon on nairaland who could have said something like this. His moniker starts with "L" and ends with "Z". Am I right? grin
Oh I missed this. You're the one who spoke about being courageous on social media. I wonder why you didn't spell the moniker out completely, let's see how much courage you really have.

https://www.nairaland.com/4151991/feminist/15#62011947

Or doesn't action speak louder than word anymore? grin

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Foodforthought: 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2017
It all goes back to the family. The home is like a ship and a ship must have a captain There are never two captains in a ship otherwise it will not sail smoothly. As I know it to be the man is the captain of the ship(home) and let me call the woman the vice captain to be generous. The captain does not totally determine what goes in the ship...he needs the vcap or the other crew members. A husband has its role and so does a wife...they can't play same role but this does not mean that the husband's role is more important than that of the wife. The wife is unique and so also the husband. Now someone has to be the head. There can never be two heads but this does not mean that the head can function without the neck. The husband is the head and the wife is the neck. I do not know why it is arranged this way but that is how nature wanted it...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2017
FTrebirth:
LOL!

even the "pregnant twitter snitch" is taking sides.

of course, no man with a good head on his shoulders would want to be responsible for that illegitimate child.
Ah, funny thing is there's a man. I've seen his picture.

That woman is a disappointment to everything that is the sacred feminine.

I know for a fact women like her are only feminists on the pages of Nairaland, and twitter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (46) (Reply)

12 Differences Between A Husband And A Boyfriend / Guys! Why You Should Stop Sleeping With That Cheating Girlfriend / Just For Fun... Black And White Challenge,,,,,upload Your Black And White Photo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.