Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

I Am A Feminist!! - Romance (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist!! (41162 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 02, 2018
DissTroy:

One year later, the same Linda Ikeji whom you used as a benchmark keeps flaunting a fake engage in the everyone's face, showing off like getting a man and getting pregnant are her two biggest achievements.

Who does it feel to be let down by your 'feminist role models' everyday?
you missed the point here. my comment had nothing to do with feminism. my point was that a woman can be perfectly content without a romantic relationship in her life. its unfair and quite honestly obnoxious to assume that a woman must be sad and depressed because she's single. being happy now that she's engaged doesn't mean she was sad or depressed previously. just bonuses in life that can be celebrated
being a feminist doesn't mean you hate love or hate men.
c'est finis

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 04, 2018
trustyshoess:

you missed the point here. my comment had nothing to do with feminism. my point was that a woman can be perfectly content without a romantic relationship in her life. its unfair and quite honestly obnoxious to assume that a woman must be sad and depressed because she's single. being happy now that she's engaged doesn't mean she was sad or depressed previously. just bonuses in life that can be celebrated
being a feminist doesn't mean you hate love or hate men.
c'est finis

Is Linda ikeji even a feminist?

How does being single or independent mean one is a feminist?

In 2018 some people still don't understand the meaning of feminism.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by donjobill: 5:59am On Nov 04, 2018
Elder0001:

Some do understand the meaning but profound hatred, often coupled with intrinsic fear, drives them to come up with incoherent, invalid and illogical arguments, which makes them appear as if they don't understand. I wonder if these people expect spectacular achievement from their sisters, or even their future daughters.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by ImaIma1(f): 8:29am On Nov 04, 2018
trustyshoess:

This is what baffles me about some women. Why would I need a man to make me feel emotionally fulfilled or loved? I love myself enough for me. A man? Yes I might WANT a man but I most definitely do not NEED one. Why would I want to depend on another human being? It all begins with loving oneself. Love yourself

When you get a good and genuine man who really loves you and treat you right and you still come back and preach feminism, maybe it will be believable then.

We have too many women who changed when they found love. It makes it seems like feminists are heart broken women or just generally women who have been dealt with by men.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by princfred(m): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2018
The problem i have with Nigerian version of feminism is its emphasize on equal rights and nothing on equal responsibilities. This is where it turns into a very selfish concept that can mess up a society.
The western societies which brought up feminism already had equal responsibilities between the gender as a culture but the African society which copied it, just like every other thing they copy rather mis/half-copied missed that part hence the society problems it will bring.
E.g what % of African women,even the working class ones, are comfortable to pay their part of the bill on a date?
What % are comfortable to initiate a relationship just like men do with their financial state cum rights knowing fully well they will bankroll/are going to be financing the relationship? When equal sense of responsibilities is the culture then equal rights become logical. You cannot be dragging equal rights without equal push for equal responsibilities. Its just selfishly asinine.

In a society where you give a man a job of 50k/M he uses it to bankroll a relationship, house, feed and marry a girl. You give a lady a job of 150k/M she remains single searching for a man who earns 350k, and not willing to bankroll the nearest available guy, to marry. While her salary given to 3 men would have led to 3 marriages already. Then you turn around to blame men for increasing number of single ladies. Is that how the people who you half-copy from run the feminism?

Look at the likes of Ini Edo, which man in similar government posts will not go out there and bankroll a relationship and marry even illiterate or semi-illiterate lady even share to side chics?
Many African ladies are too mentally underdeveloped, selfish and irresponsible to push feminism the most you can push is semi selfish version of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
ImaIma1:

When you get a good and genuine man who really loves you and treat you right and you still come back and preach feminism, maybe it will be believable then.

We have too many women who changed when they found love. It makes it seems like feminists are heart broken women or just generally women who have been dealt with by men.

Lol who said that feminism is based around hate for men? I have a good genuine man who loves me and treats me right, yet I'm a feminist so what's your point?
Please if you're gonna speak about feminism, at least take 10 minutes to do some research so you'll know what it's about. A lot of men are also feminists in case you didn't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by ImaIma1(f): 1:50pm On Nov 04, 2018
trustyshoess:

Lol who said that feminism is based around hate for men? I have a good genuine man who loves me and treats me right, yet I'm a feminist so what's your point?
Please if you're gonna speak about feminism, at least take 10 minutes to do some research so you'll know what it's about. A lot of men are also feminists in case you didn't know

Then you didn't read my post to understand but to attack. Read again and understand
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 05, 2018
ImaIma1:

Then you didn't read my post to understand but to attack. Read again and understand
Ma'am your statement was along the lines of "get a man who treats you right and remain a feminist then I'll really believe you".
I hope you've done the research I advised you to do cos it seems to me like you still don't get it

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 05, 2018
ImaIma1:

Ma'am your statement was along the lines of "get a man who treats you right and remain a feminist then I'll really believe you".
I hope you've done the research I advised you to do cos it seens to me like you still don't get it
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 05, 2018
Elder0001:

Exactly
We're all on the internet so you'd think it'll be easy for someone to take 10 minutes out of their day to actually learn what feminism is about instead of being a bandwagoner.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by ImaIma1(f): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2018
trustyshoess:

I hope you've done the research I advised you to do cos it seens to me like you still don't get it

You read the "along the lines" message... obviously not to understand.

Do research on feminism? To what benefit? Time is money.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Buffalowings3(m): 11:46am On Nov 05, 2018
This is where Bill Burr needs to come in. grin
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 05, 2018
ImaIma1:

You read the "along the lines" message... obviously not to understand.

Do research on feminism? To what benefit? Time is money.

And knowledge is power. Time spent getting knowledge is not wasted time. It will prevent you from arguing blindly hun. Get knowledge
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2018
ImaIma1:

grin

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by ImaIma1(f): 1:33pm On Nov 05, 2018
trustyshoess:

And knowledge is power. Time spent getting knowledge is not wasted time. It will prevent you from arguing blindly hun. Get knowledge

Sweetheart I will not waste my time on something I already know and not interested in digging further.

I will leave it to you to keep updating yourself since it is your area of specialization.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
ImaIma1:

Sweetheart I will not waste my time on something I already know and not interested in digging further.

I will leave it to you to keep updating yourself since it is your area of specialization.

Well that's great. Just next time, stay out of topics you don't understand if you refuse to learn. Simple

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by ImaIma1(f): 2:37pm On Nov 06, 2018
trustyshoess:

Well that's great. Just next time, stay out of topics you don't understand if you refuse to learn. Simple

Sorry to disappoint you but I will be in any topic I want to be in just because.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2018
ImaIma1:

Sorry to disappoint you but I will be in any topic I want to be in just because.
Spoken like a troll.
At least now I know I would be wasting my time having any type of debate with you and therefore will be ignoring any future mentions from you
Happy trolling

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by ImaIma1(f): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
trustyshoess:

Spoken like a troll.
At least now I know I would be wasting my time having any type of debate with you and therefore will be ignoring any future mentions from you
Happy trolling

Ok pot
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by triciakay(f): 11:25am On Aug 24, 2019
This is a very late comment indeed. But I was doing a random search on feminism in Nigeria and I came across this short article. Thanks for putting this up. it is good to know that there are people who have these clear views even though not everyone will agree with them (prejudices and all). I have gotten some salient points for my research. Thanks again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

'I Found This Girl 3 Weeks Ago'; Man Who Is Set To Wed His Fiancee. Photos / My Cute Brother And His Amiable Fiancée's Pre-Wedding Pictures / "You Can’t Stop A Cheating Husband"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.