Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,046 members, 7,821,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

I Am A Feminist!! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist!! (41214 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
LOL.

The society didn't teach women to be dependent on men. Nature did. But people are trying to twist the natural order of things, why do you think the world is raving mad?

Naturally, a woman doesn't need to compete with a man, especially in an unhealthy manner. You won't get my point because you are a feminist though.
What part of nature suggests that a woman needs to depend on a woman? Who is this nature and who decides what is natural and what isn't? It falls back to society wether you like it or not.
Yes it doesn't need to be a competition but when a group of people are constantly pushed to the bottom of the barrel and taught to accept that place, you can't blame them for having a paradigm shift and refusing to remain at the bottom

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 8:16am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:
I know you're here for my head but hear me out first. So in the space on an hour, I have come across two threads relating to feminism. This is not a counter or anything as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However I can't help but put my 2 cents in.
I seriously believe that feminism is highly misunderstood

First things first, let's define feminism; it is the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. Notice it doesn't say feminism is a drive towards matriarchy? Well that's simple, it's not.

There are many different types of feminism but I won't be discussing all of them as that will take too much time so I urge you to use good old Google!
So I think that the kind of feminism that people think of when they hear Feminism is Radical Feminism-: Radical feminism is a movement that believes sexism is so deeply rooted in society that the only cure is to eliminate the concept of gender completely or for females to dominate.

Now that's not the kind of feminism I'm talking about. Another type of Feminism is Liberal Feminism. Liberal feminists strive towards gender equality in all areas of life. Gender equality includes men too!

So why am I a feminist? Or why do I believe in gender equality? No, it's not because I believe that men and women are equal or because I'm against submissiveness or because I want female world domination (although that would be pretty cool)
I believe in gender equality for the same reason I believe in racial equality, tribal equality and anything that has to do with fairness in general.

Of course men and women are not equal, physicality being the main difference but they're both humans and both deserve to be treated equally as a result.

Believe me there's soo much more to say, but I don't want to make this too long. Feel free to ask questions, let's see if I can get you to see why feminism isn't all that bad

Give Femism a chance, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. We all should be feminists, we all should be striving towards equality
The bolded gave away your deepest thoughts/feelings about the type of feminist you are.

8 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 02, 2017
Lsofdk:

And you think you really understand it, not surface understanding grin Women are dubbed the most difficult gender to understand, I'm sure you people don't even know what you're clamoring for.
Equality. A world where everyone is treated fairly, allowed to make their own choices in life and have equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, nationality, age, etc. That's what I clamour for. Gender equality is just a small part of it

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

What part of nature suggests that a woman needs to depend on a woman? Who is this nature and who decides what is natural and what isn't? It falls back to society wether you like it or not.
Yes it doesn't need to be a competition but when a group of people are constantly pushed to the bottom of the barrel and taught to accept that place, you can't blame them for having a paradigm shift and refusing to remain at the bottom
Accept it or not, you are naturally wired to depend on a man. A man needs to find solace in a good woman too. There's what is called Nature, you should look up a dictionary.

But Gender equality has been achieved. At least I'm here chatting on Nairaland and fighting with some dumb male specie without being beaten up. grin grin grin
The society protects the interest of the female now.

So, what are you all still clamouring?

Asides from opening threads on NL, what else have you done to champion your cause? Nothing, I presume.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 8:20am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

Equality. A world where everyone is treated fairly, allowed to make their own choices in life and have equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, nationality, age, etc. That's what I clamour for. Gender equality is just a small part of it
What you clamour can only be achieve in your dreams. It is simply a utopian idea because you forget, even in this world, some men are even not equals.

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 8:32am On Nov 02, 2017
makydebbie:
But tosin2much said if you don't have a guy, you cannot be happy. It means out happiness lies with them. Linda Ikeji is a very sad woman because she doesn't have a man and that is supposed to be her fulfilment. Poco hantas am I lying?

You're not lying my sister.
Once you get a boyfriend, all your problems are over... grin grin
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 02, 2017
AHCB:
What you clamour can only be achieve in your dreams. It is simply a utopian idea because you forget, even in this world, some men are even not equals.
Exactly! When "Class" has been eradicated. We will talk about absolute equality for women and men. grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 8:32am On Nov 02, 2017
makydebbie:
But tosin2much said if you don't have a guy, you cannot be happy. It means out happiness lies with them. Linda Ikeji is a very sad woman because she doesn't have a man and that is supposed to be her fulfilment. Poco hantas am I lying?

Once you get a boyfriend, all your problems are over... grin
One is asking God to bless me already, say what they wanna hear and you are a wife material. I love NL guys... cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Exactly! When "Class" has been eradicated. We will talk about absolute equality for women and men. grin
Class can never be eradicated. It's one of this vagaries that made Marxism collapse almost completely, because a classless society and a society where everyone is equal is towing the line of Marxist thoughts and ideals.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Chommieblaq(f): 8:36am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Accept it or not, you are naturally wired to depend on a man. A man needs to find solace in a good woman too. There's what is called Nature, you should look up a dictionary.

But Gender equality has been achieved. At least I'm here chatting on Nairaland and fighting with some dumb male specie without being beaten up. grin grin grin

Asides from opening threads on NL, what else have you done to champion your cause? Nothing, I presume.

Babe you are so on point!
Women are naturally wired to depend on men, same way men are wired to find comfort in women.

The society now protects the right of women, also there are many perks that comes with being a woman but some of us are so fixated on championing for equality.

In our now society is there anything that the men do and women ain't allow to do? Equal pay, advancement careerwise, contesting for electoral position etc

The question is what actual do some female want?
Do they want to relegate the men to the background?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2017
makydebbie:
But tosin2much said if you don't have a guy, you cannot be happy. It means out happiness lies with them. Linda Ikeji is a very sad woman because she doesn't have a man and that is supposed to be her fulfillment. Pocohantas am I lying?
How can you use tosy.ne2much as a yardstick to posit your points? Or are you being sarcastic? grin
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:

There's this mystical thing called nature which everyone seems to talk about but cannot really define.
If by nature, you mean genetics, then please which part of the X chromosome codes for dependency on males? It's all in your head. Perfect example of what society can do to you. Wake up and break the paradigm.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 02, 2017
AHCB:
Class can never be eradicated. It's one of this vagaries that made Marxism collapse almost completely, because a classless society and a society where everyone is equal is towing the line of Marxist thoughts and ideals.
Exactly. Even one breast is bigger than the other.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 02, 2017
AHCB:
It's not impossible to achieve. Humans just need to get off their high horse and realise that we're all humans and so should have an equal level of respect and opportunities.
When you say some men are not equal, in what sense?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by makydebbie(f): 8:44am On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

Once you get a boyfriend, all your problems are over... grin
One is asking God to bless me already, say what they wanna hear and you are a wife material. I love NL guys... cheesy
Hahahaha. cheesy grin
Then the slayqueen will dress to impress them and they'll call her olosho, is she not looking for a guy that'll give her fulfillment? She knows she's incomplete but these guys will still insult her. grin

Me I'm here trying to be independent and make a name in the society and someone will say all my achievements will be nothing without a man who'll make me happy and fulfilled. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by makydebbie(f): 8:45am On Nov 02, 2017
AHCB:
How can you use tosy.ne2much as a yardstick to posit your points? Or are you being sarcastic? grin
Yes nah. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

It's so sad that you think that way! A boyfriend takes away all your problems? How?
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 02, 2017
AHCB:
The bolded gave away your deepest thoughts/feelings about the type of feminist you are.
grin I was waiting for someone to point that out. It seems like the joke went over your head. It was meant to be funny so lighten up. smiley
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 02, 2017
Chommieblaq:

Babe you are so on point!
Women are naturally wired to depend on men, same way men are wired to find comfort in women.

The society now protects the right of women, also there are many perks that comes with being a woman but some of us are so fixated on championing for equality.

In our now society is there anything that the men do and women ain't allow to do? Equal pay, advancement careerwise, contesting for electoral position etc

The question is what actual do some female want?
Do they want to relegate the men to the background?

I don't understand too oh. sad sad
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

There's this mystical thing called nature which everyone seems to talk about but cannot really define.
If by nature, you mean genetics, then please which part of the X chromosome codes for dependency on males? It's all in your head. Perfect example of what society can do to you. Wake up and break the paradigm.
Mystical thing? Nature is in the dictionary, look it up.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

It's so sad that you think that way! A boyfriend takes away all your problems? How?
With his prick...that's what he uses to take away your problems.
How do you want me to think naw? Get a boyfriend joo!
Be submissive to him and milk him in return.

makydebbie:
Hahahaha. cheesy grin
Then the slayqueen will dress to impress them and they'll call her olosho, is she not looking for a guy that'll give her fulfillment? She knows she's incomplete but these guys will still insult her. grin

Me I'm here trying to be independent and make a name in the society and someone will say all my achievements will be nothing without a man who'll make me happy and fulfilled. grin

Independent? You want to be independent?
Nigerian men love dependent women o...it boosts their ego. How many times have you seen them praising an independent single woman? They only praise the married ones because they can easily attribute her success to the husband, "a man".

Debbie go and marry biko.
Marry before you reach menopause. angry

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by BluntBoy(m): 8:52am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:
I know you're here for my head but hear me out first. So in the space on an hour, I have come across two threads relating to feminism. This is not a counter or anything as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However I can't help but put my 2 cents in.
I seriously believe that feminism is highly misunderstood

First things first, let's define feminism; it is the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes. Notice it doesn't say feminism is a drive towards matriarchy? Well that's simple, it's not.

There are many different types of feminism but I won't be discussing all of them as that will take too much time so I urge you to use good old Google!
So I think that the kind of feminism that people think of when they hear Feminism is Radical Feminism-: Radical feminism is a movement that believes sexism is so deeply rooted in society that the only cure is to eliminate the concept of gender completely or for females to dominate.

Now that's not the kind of feminism I'm talking about. Another type of Feminism is Liberal Feminism. Liberal feminists strive towards gender equality in all areas of life. Gender equality includes men too!

So why am I a feminist? Or why do I believe in gender equality? No, it's not because I believe that men and women are equal or because I'm against submissiveness or because I want female world domination (although that would be pretty cool)
I believe in gender equality for the same reason I believe in racial equality, tribal equality and anything that has to do with fairness in general.

Of course men and women are not equal, physicality being the main difference but they're both humans and both deserve to be treated equally as a result.

Believe me there's soo much more to say, but I don't want to make this too long. Feel free to ask questions, let's see if I can get you to see why feminism isn't all that bad

Give Femism a chance, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. We all should be feminists, we all should be striving towards equality

The reason why I don't like feminism is because I am yet to meet a really liberal feminist. All I see everywhere are angry and bitter women claiming to be feminists. I have had the opportunity of engaging many on Facebook and all you get for having a different opinion are insults and anger from every angle. Sometimes, you wonder if their lack of patience or respect for differing opinions is their own idea of liberalism. Or maybe they confuse aggression for assertiveness. And what many of them preach is acidic. You begin to wonder if feminism is another word for misandry.

And when it matters most, you don't see them. We didn't hear them when Ese needed them in a fight against Biodun of COZA. Same during the Otobo-Suleman scandal. A man stood by Ese and later married her. A team of male lawyers stood by Otobo while many women sided with Suleman even before hearing some of the deeper stories. Should a woman presidential candidate come out now, the feminist groups we have would all go mute and their members would rather cast their votes for a man rather than their fellow woman like they just enjoy doing. They will do this and still come out to talk about how men are sidelining them.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 8:52am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

It's not impossible to achieve. Humans just need to get off their high horse and realise that we're all humans and so should have an equal level of respect and opportunities.
When you say some men are not equal, in what sense?
This same reason is why your thoughts/feeling can never be a reality is the same reason why Islam frown against other religion.

When you start wishing for people to think and believe in what you believe, you invariably make yourself no different from Idi Amin Dada. Without guns and murder, that is.

As regard the bolded. All men aren't equal in every sense of the word. E.G, I and seun aren't gifted with the same intelligence, neither are we gifted with the same finance, level of tolerance etc.

Even you, who live in the U.K, if you and Azizat Oshoala write a letter to visit Theresa May, who do you think the Prime Minister would see first, you or Azizat?

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

Okay.

But please tell me one thing you have done to champion this cause apart from this thread you opened?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by 2dice01: 8:55am On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

what if he is broke
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by banre(m): 8:56am On Nov 02, 2017
makydebbie:
Okay ma. cheesy
makydebbie u too fine i swear op so wetin u want make we do now abeg i no gt data
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

grin I was waiting for someone to point that out. It seems like the joke went over your head. It was meant to be funny so lighten up. smiley
Then again, you forget, what's funny to one might be offensive to another, so there goes your attempt at dark humour... down the drain. tongue grin
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Exactly. Even one breast is bigger than the other.
Shuoooo! shocked. Chai! How come I haven't notice this? Ye kpa. shocked

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by makydebbie(f): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2017
pocohantas:

With his prick...that's what he uses to take away you problems.
How do you want me to think naw? Get a boyfriend joo!
Be submissive to him and milk him in return.

Independent? You want to be independent?
Nigerian men love dependent women o...it boosts their ego. How many times have you seen them praising an independent single woman? They only praise the married ones because they can easily attribute her success to the husband, "a man".

Debbie go and marry biko.
Marry before you reach menopause. angry
Poco, you're a changed person. You're now a wife material and I want to be like you. grin
Lemme goan marry oo, all my problems will be solved and I'll find fulfillment. grin

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2017
2dice01:
what if he is broke

Why should he be broke? He is the superior gender, he has to hustle, make money and take care of the delicate woman... smiley

makydebbie:
Poco, you're a changed person. You're now a wife material and I want to be like you. grin
Lemme goan marry oo, all my problems will be solved and I'll find fulfillment. grin

I'm changed dear. I love Nigerian men because they are the easiest to fool. Watch their general consensus, tweak your character a bit towards that angle and you're a wife material... wink
Pls marry, marry and stop being bitter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by makydebbie(f): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2017
banre:

makydebbie u too fine i swear
op so wetin u want make we do now
abeg i no gt data
Thanks. kiss
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by ElDaIllest(m): 8:59am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Okay.

But please tell me one thing you have done to champion this cause apart from this thread you opened?
hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Lady Asks Her Dead Boyfriend's Ghost To Kill His Assailants (Photos) / My Ex-Girlfriend Aborted My Child - Nigerian Man (Photos) / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With A New Car In Onitsha, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.