Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

I Am A Feminist!! - Romance (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist!! (41350 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by FuhckYhu: 12:00am On Nov 03, 2017
Shiit! I need a fair E-fight,
No mods...no supplements!
angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by FTrebirth(m): 12:01am On Nov 03, 2017
NLevents:
Good evening everyone, how are you all today? 

It's here again! 

This is just to bring to notice about another edition of Nairaland get-together party. I believe we're all aware of the success of the beach and pool parties.

(Beach party thread)
Venue: Elegushi Beach
Date: January 2nd
Time: 10am promt
Gate fee: Guys: 5,000 naira
Ladies: 1,000 naira

Please let's join hands together and plan it properly this time around as your suggestions and critics will go along way in making it a huge success 

Please drop your comments, reviews, suggestions and opinion on how you will like this edition to be

Thank you all

see what we're saying about equality?

can you explain why guys have to pay 4 times higher the fee for girls?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by AHCB: 12:04am On Nov 03, 2017
FTrebirth:

see what we're saying about equality?

can you explain why guys have to pay 4 times higher the fee for girls?
If the price is the same broke girls like pocohantas won't be able to afford it. Heck, even if it's free, she still won't be able to afford it. grin
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by postmann: 12:04am On Nov 03, 2017
pocohantas:
Do all your disses, I don't care...but when anyone decides to trivialise something as inhumane as rape, any sane human would know it's wrong.

It doesn't matter if it happened to me or not.
It is simply not something to be joked with.
It's even against a rule, you can check it up... kiss kiss

If you see me trivialise rape, do well to report me too. Don't just post lies to console yourselves wink

You all will be ignored, you have nothing different to say.

Goodnight babe.

You speak as though you're a victim of some psychological trauma. Is that the root cause of your misandry?

Have you exposed yourself unwittingly, unnecessarily vulnerable to a man who took the undue advantage? Is it?

Where did it go wrong for you?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by pocohantas(f): 12:07am On Nov 03, 2017
Meanwhile, I will keep posting those things that give you all sleepless nights, it's intentional. I'm safe, so far I don't go against Nairaland rules... grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by GiantParrot(m): 12:08am On Nov 03, 2017
trustyshoess:
I know you're here for my head but hear me out first. So in the space on an hour, I have come across two threads relating to feminism. This is not a counter or anything as everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However I can't help but put my 2 cents in.
I seriously believe that feminism is highly misunderstood

Certain points you raised require clarification.

1. You mentioned that feminism is highly misunderstood and went on to distinguish between radical feminism and liberal feminism. Is it right to think that you believe radical feminism is responsible for corrupting people's views on feminism? And liberal feminism is the true form of what feminism should be?

2. You mentioned gender equality in all areas of life. What does this mean to you? Consider the following:

Some people believe in equality under the law. Which means they support prohibition against discrimination on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity or any attribute that is not deterministic of a person's character and skills. These people stand for equality of opportunity. The role of government or authority should be to protect individuals from discriminatory practices.

There exists another group of people who believe in equality of outcome, or equal representation. These people claim that equal representation is a direct and reliable measure of equal opportunity. One simple example is that women make up 50% of the population and must therefore account for 50% of CEOs, or 50% of engineers hired in a company, or 50% of people occupying leadership positions, etc. For equal representation advocates, anything short of 50% automatically means discrimination by gender is at play. So they assume the position of the anointed God sent saviours and push for reverse discriminatory practices to force the equal outcomes they desire. They believe that their own "corrective" discriminatory practices are only "fair" and "moral", and anyone who hints at disagreeing is an immoral, misogynistic, backward bumpkin who should be shamed and excluded from discourse on societal issues.

I have listed these groups so you can get an idea of what I mean when I say you should clarify your position on equality. By the way, I recognize there could be some other different groups with their own notion of equality other than the two groups I identified. So, what is your definition of equality?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=postmann post=620206 [/quote]Postmann...why do you appear like the full moon though?
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by NLevents: 12:24am On Nov 03, 2017
FTrebirth:

an explanation would be helpful coz i might likely turn up. your advert is quite timely coz you posted it in a feminist thread when the debate for equality is still hot.

I am not against or with gender quality. I just don't want women to be seen as lesser beings. The amount was set at that price because the organizers don't want it to be "totally free" as planned.

PS: The men are capable of funding the whole event
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by DissTroy(m): 12:25am On Nov 03, 2017
DissTroy:

You're safe as long as you asslick the moderators.

Still won't change the fact that your past damaged you and you're a lonely hag who's till online posting at odd hours when you should be breastfeeding. smiley

Pocohantas, the highlighted part of the quoted post got to you? You immediately stopped viewing the thread with your known moniker. grin

I want you to to alternate from staring at your baby pictures ( the time before you were damaged) to the patterns on your ceiling to checking if your tear-stained eyes are as red as your vulva.

Don't try something silly like attempting suicide though. Remain a living example of the consequences of having rascals as relatives.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by FTrebirth(m): 12:25am On Nov 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

she has lost the zeal to sleep tonight.

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by ibkayee(f): 12:28am On Nov 03, 2017
FTrebirth:

grin grin

as if the opposite is not the case..

i still remember one time i went for a job interview at promasidor in apapa. we were given a test, over a hundred of us. a fine chic beside me was giraffe-ing and didn't even finish up, but when they called the ten people that qualified, 7 of them were hot chics...and the cute babe beside me was among them. my jaws almost dropped to the floor. an intel told me they wanted those hot chics for marketing. so, why the stupid test?
Lol no doubt there will be some situations where being female gets you privileges but overall there are more systemic advantages to being male (Nigeria aside even, consider that there are countries with extremely limited rights for women compared to men). Plus it sounds more like the 'hot chics' were hired to preyed upon tbh…lol

Also sounds more like ‘attractive’ privilege than just being female.

I’m not saying that women don’t have privileges by the way, they’re just minute in comparison, if it were the opposite too (i.e. men less privileged, it would also be bad). I’m also not saying male privilege means guy don’t face difficulties at all. Point is to reward on merit/ability and not solely gender

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by BluntBoy(m): 12:28am On Nov 03, 2017
FTrebirth:

at least, let her get busy with other stuff and reduce her nairaland addiction.

i swear, i logged in one early morning, like 3am or so, and found her viewing the ashewo thread alone. grin grin

Who is that?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Dasherz(f): 12:30am On Nov 03, 2017
BluntBoy:

Who is that?
blunt... goodnight smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:30am On Nov 03, 2017
trustyshoess:

There's this mystical thing called nature which everyone seems to talk about but cannot really define.
If by nature, you mean genetics, then please which part of the X chromosome codes for dependency on males? It's all in your head. Perfect example of what society can do to you. Wake up and break the paradigm.

U can't do it alone, that's where nature comes in, comes in in the sense that man and woman are to balance each other, the things man needs from a woman, he gets them and the things a woman needs from a man, she gets them, these things can't be gotten elsewhere, people who brought up feminism are selfish and want more than they get but who can't give more than they give, ever since the existence of man, their has been right for women but when you find yourself in the hands of an irresponsible man, he may deprive you of that, there's more I can tell you but as you age more, with your open instinct, you will understand better, I pray that you find yourself in the hands of a loving and responsible husband, feminism will not even occur to you because you have a luxury in that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (46) (Reply)

9 Gone 'big Boy Swag' That Guys Used In Impressing Ladies / 12 Differences Between A Husband And A Boyfriend / Girls, Keep Your Virginity!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.