Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

I Am A Feminist!! - Romance (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist!! (41140 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
Lalas247:

Trust me when you face daily struggles you realise it’s a waste of time we cannot change this ... it’s impossible same way when women play football it’s not taken as serious as men FACT does that stop the ladies from doing their thing NO !!! ... do u see them insulting up and down like jobless beings No ... some feel feminism is to attack men and literally oppose anything to do with males and that’s wrong ! Maybe the few have ruined what women fought for many Years ago ...... even when God created the first Human it was a Man ... woman was an after thought ( did EVE fight God and Adam because they were not created the same time No! instead we became the back bone of every man ... we need each other and add value in different ways .. )

Anyway hate this topic lol
at thebolded..........aint gonna happen.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Lalas247(f): 3:09pm On Nov 10, 2017
Rchibs:

at thebolded..........aint gonna happen.
Lol I feel u say so ...
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2017
Lawlahdey:
I dig your point.

It's not about loving yourself, it's about believing in yourself. They are two different things.
When you say "love yourself", IMO, it's not caring about what other people feel about you. That's cool tho. But I still reiterate that only people who are lonely and depressed scream it. If you have been loved right all your life, you wouldn't need build a shell around yourself.

People scream self love because they have been heartbroken before and they don't want that to happen to them again.

If you had a partner who treated you right and made you feel like the world revolves around you, you wouldn't talk about not needing another person to feel loved. Humans need to feel loved, self love ain't enough. They complement each other.

Note:I'm not talking about you specifically.

I'm still wondering why this particular post has very few likes. It deserves 100.

Just as I have said before, only a guy who is heart broken would keep screaming that all girls are Evil / Oloshos / only want your money etc and I'm better off without a girl blah blah blah. Same as this OP's scenario.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2017
trustyshoess:

I still completely disagree. Yes, you may want to feel loved by someone you're in love with, that's normal. But you should never NEED that love from anyone. I've never been particularly heart broken to the point where I'm depressed and what not. I'm only 19, but self love Is something that I think is super important
- a woman or man who loves his/herself will not remain in an abusive relationship because of what society would say
- a woman or man who loves his/herself would not try to change themselves to fit what society expects from them
There's so much reasons to love yourself. You shouldn't attribute it to people with depression. Most people with depression had no self love and so their depression stemmed from not getting that love from someone else.

Thank God you said this. Please come back in next 10 years to read your post OP. you would feel very disappointed.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2017
pocohantas:

You're not lying my sister.
Once you get a boyfriend, all your problems are over... grin grin

When we started dating, didn't I solve all your problems? cheesy
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2017
cruchenutii:

Thank God you said this. Please come back in next 10 years to read your post OP. you would feel very disappointed.
Age is not a measure of maturity. I'm young but I know what I want for my life undecided
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2017
tessygirl:

Do you know this Bush you are chatting with was a guy I personally toasted (I am exposing myself now), but he felt I was a feminist and backed out because we were hardly agreeing on things. I am saying this because he is gonna quote me and say I am lying. All the same, I am hard on my stance. Feminism or not, I know that I won't take Shiit from anybody.

Cc Biafranbushboy.

Personally toasted? ISSOKAY ! We are watching in 5D
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
trustyshoess:

Age is not a measure of maturity. I'm young but I know what I want for my life undecided

Sure, I said the same thing when I was your age. It's nothing new.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2017
cruchenutii:

Sure, I said the same thing when I was your age. It's nothing new.
Alright good to know
Bye bye now
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Belafonte(m): 3:53pm On Nov 12, 2017
This thread reminds me of one raging feminist on here named Shollypopz or something. She talk pass all these baby feminists, she dey very aggressive and dey even add strong, strong insults join her own crusade. Today nko? That babe is pregnant for a well-known nairalander who was a well-known nairaland "misogynist".

All these ones are learning. When they see life for what it really is, dem go know say dem no tell person.

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by khiaa(f): 7:43pm On Nov 23, 2017
NeeKlaus:
Lol. I have nothing much to say to you but as long as
- a guy still foots the entire bills on a date with the lady smiling like a morön,

- a guy assumes the role of a father, brother, uncle, Alhaji and Employer while paying the girl monthly 'salaries' just because he's in a parasitic relationship with her sorry ass,

- a man still receives the brunt of the public in a case of domestic violence because he's supposed to be the "stronger sex" irregardless of the fact that the lady might have provoked him first verbally,
Then, there's no gender equality. Your charade of liberal feminism (or whatchamacallit?) is total bullocks.

Nigerian feminists are a frustrated bunch. smiley

As much as I agree with equal rights for all human beings, if this is the behavior of Nigerian women then they aren't ready for equality they are just talking LOUD and saying NOTHING. Girls. your ACTIONS speak louder than your WORDS.
PS... You can't attack someone physically because they attacked you verbally, if you do you deserve to be punished. USE YOUR WORDS TO DEFEND YOURSELF OR WALK AWAY.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Rubbiish(m): 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2017
trustyshoess:

You cannot totally rule out age
Though age is not the excusive yardstick for measurement, it does contribute to a considerable degree. There are certain things u are doing now, u won't do five years from now...
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Rubbiish(m): 8:59pm On Nov 23, 2017
Belafonte:
This thread reminds me of one raging feminist on here named Shollypopz or something. She talk pass all these baby feminists, she dey very aggressive and dey even add strong, strong insults join her own crusade. Today nko? That babe is pregnant for a well-known nairalander who was a well-known nairaland "misogynist".

All these ones are learning. When they see life for what it really is, dem go know say dem no tell person.
True
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 23, 2017
Rubbiish:

You cannot totally rule out age
Though age is not the excusive yardstick for measurement, it does contribute to a considerable degree. There are certain things u are doing now, u won't do five years from now...
That's true. But there are people 5 years older than me who are much more childish than i have been since o was 15.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Rubbiish(m): 9:47pm On Nov 23, 2017
trustyshoess:

That's true. But there are people 5 years older than me who are much more childish than i have been since o was 15.
True...But they are in the minority....
Basically maturity comes with life experience, which comes with age...
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 23, 2017
Rubbiish:

True...But they are in the minority....
Basically maturity comes with life experience, which comes with age...
Trust me, they're not in minority at all. Just take a look at nairaland for example. There are grown men and women in their late 20s and 30s acting like children, saying things that I wouldn't expect my 18 year old brother to say.
Life experience CAN lead to maturity but it doesn't always. Some people just enjoy being childish
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by MichaelBlake40: 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
makydebbie:
It's one of our nl boys stupid assumptions since we need men to be happy. Fvck! Is it sex? I'll get a dild© and feel happy.
And you're the same girl that opened a thread on feminism and Christianity undecided
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by MichaelBlake40: 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
QueenSekxy:
alright cool.smiley
Ah ah QueenSekxy i used to think u were a feminist o.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by makydebbie(f): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

And you're the same girl that opened a thread on feminism and Christianity undecided
Lool, you'll not understand what I wrote there if you didn't follow the conversation that started it on another thread.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by MichaelBlake40: 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2017
trustyshoess:

You seem to be mixing up the term female with feminist. Female doesn't = Feminist. There doesn't seem to be a lot of feminists in Nigeria tho. Men can be feminists too! Maybe we need a better term so men feel more comfortable being associated with it
Exactly my thoughts!!!! the term itself is quite misleading.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

Exactly my thoughts!!!! the term itself is quite misleading.
Not exactly. It just seems like people react badly to it. Once you calm down and study it, feminism is a good thing. I was once on the anti feminism bandwagon until I decided to learn rather than castigate
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by MichaelBlake40: 2:04am On Nov 25, 2017
trustyshoess:

Not exactly. It just seems like people react badly to it. Once you calm down and study it, feminism is a good thing. I was once on the anti feminism bandwagon until I decided to learn rather than castigate
F-E-M-I-N-I-S-T pronounce it and tell me what you get.
Note; i ain't people and don't get it twisted I'm not against feminism i simply don't like way some certain people go about it(am sure you'll understand) and besides one problem i have with you feminists iz that you guys are not very active especially on NL.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 25, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

F-E-M-I-N-I-S-T pronounce it and tell me what you get.
Note; i ain't people and don't get it twisted I'm not against feminism i simply don't like way some certain people go about it(am sure you'll understand) and besides one problem i have with you feminists iz that you guys are not very active especially on NL.
The pronunciation is irrelevant to the meaning. What does feminism mean? That's what's more important. People are just too quick to make judgements because of the way a word sounds, rather than learning about it's meaning
Well if you haven't noticed, feminism is hated by ignorant people and Nairaland is so full of ignorant people. I would love to have an intelligent and mature debate/discussion about feminism without someone insulting me, calling me a bitter lonely and depressed woman, making assumptions on my sexuality, and other blatant display of ignorance. So, I join discussions on better regulated websites and offline too.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by IamSINZ(m): 9:22am On Nov 25, 2017
Belafonte:

Exactly! I didn't even wanna say anything on this matter but what you wrote sums it all up. Most times, I just laugh when I see topics like this one. Listen to these NL "feminists" at you peril.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by plessis: 11:07am On Nov 25, 2017
You call them feminists, I call them dishwashers and sandwich makers

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by MichaelBlake40: 12:30pm On Nov 25, 2017
trustyshoess:

The pronunciation is irrelevant to the meaning. What does feminism mean? That's what's more important. People are just too quick to make judgements because of the way a word sounds, rather than learning about it's meaning
Well if you haven't noticed, feminism is hated by ignorant people and Nairaland is so full of ignorant people. I would love to have an intelligent and mature debate/discussion about feminism without someone insulting me, calling me a bitter lonely and depressed woman, making assumptions on my sexuality, and other blatant display of ignorance. So, I join discussions on better regulated websites and offline too.
Well the truth is that some of your fellow feminists are actually bitter and specialize in fault finding.Also when i talked about being active,i meant advancing the cause and 'winning more souls'.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2017
MichaelBlake40:

Well the truth is that some of your fellow feminists are actually bitter and specialize in fault finding.Also when i talked about being active,i meant advancing the cause and 'winning more souls'.
Winning more souls can happen in many ways. Living by example, discussing /debating the topic so people can learn about it, having discussions about it, sharing articles and videos etc. We do these things. You don't see them on Nairaland tho cos no one can be bothered to deal with the ignorance and lack of willingness to learn or at least have some respect...at least I can't
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by NaeChris: 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2017
trustyshoess:
I know you're here for my head but hear me out first.

So why am I a feminist? Or why do I believe in gender equality? No, it's not because I believe that men and women are equal or because I'm against submissiveness or because I want female world domination (although that would be pretty cool)
Yes, i exactly came for your head, but let me spare it after your explanation. You said it's cool to have women dominate? Then why are you lamenting over male dominance? Comon garden of eden a woman messed herself and the entire globe up, here you are seeking for female dominance. Park well o.
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by NaeChris: 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
pocohantas:

Emm, you better drop your armour and be like ibkayee grin.
Feminism is evil. Feminists are emotionally dissatisfied, ugly, heartbroken, single women.

Get a man to love and treat you right.
A man to make you emotionally fulfilled.

Let me see if you will still come here to do feminism angry angry

Sleep done come. Goodnight dear.
Come so you get sense like this?
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2017
NaeChris:
Yes, i exactly came for your head, but let me spare it after your explanation. You said it's cool to have women dominate? Then why are you lamenting over male dominance? Comon garden of eden a woman messed herself and the entire globe up, here you are seeking for female dominance. Park well o.
That was a joke undecided
If you actually took your time to read through the thread you'll see what I actually believe in. But you're about a month late to this discussion. Let it go

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by NaeChris: 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2017
trustyshoess:

This is what baffles me about some women. Why would I need a man to make me feel emotionally fulfilled or loved? I love myself enough for me. A man? Yes I might WANT a man but I most definitely do not NEED one. Why would I want to depend on another human being? It all begins with loving oneself. Love yourself
Lesbian alert! 'love yourself' na so cucumber take get another usage.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by NaeChris: 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2017
trustyshoess:

That was a joke undecided
If you actually took your time to read through the thread you'll see what I actually believe in. But you're about a month late to this discussion. Let it go
Yes, thats why your head still stands on your neck. LOL. I support your view. BUT them say if you give person allowance, them go dey find ALLOWANCES. Thats the problem. The little Eve was given, she F0CKED UP. What do you expect us to do? Give Eve another chance? Remember the wahala wey she put us, we never still come out am o. Only God know how the planet will look like if your(and and feminists) wish are granted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Men, How Many Of Your 'Urgent 5k' Girls Wished You Happy New Year? / New Survey Ranks Nigerian Women As Top Most Unfaithful Wives In The World / When You Suffer With A Man And He latter Dumps You When He Becomes Rich.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.