Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,016 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man (16049 Views)

Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment / Musiwa is the Candidate that will Beat Goodluck,the north cant / Is Goodluck The Best We Can Do? (no Insults Or Ethnic/religious Arguments Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by oolumide: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2010
PHCN has improved tremendously in my area. Cheers, Cheers.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by otukpo(f): 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2010
ALTHOUGH MY AREA USED TO HAVE DAILY SUPPLY OF ELECTRICTY EVEN B4 GJ, I WLD SAY IT HAS IMPROVED. THE MAJOR PROBLEM WE ARE HAVING IS TRANSFORMER.
u know this NEPA pple will ask a street to contribute money for a new transformer, they wld only get a refurbished one and be sharing it with another street.

Ours is 2 days on, one day off. And its been constant.
I was away from my house for one month and came back, met all the things in my freezer still blocked and fresh. That is wonderful.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Wislet(f): 12:10pm On Apr 21, 2010
Yea, I can confirm that. In my area in Owerri there's a tremendous improvement in power supply. If at all it goes off, u don't need to pray for its restoration, u KNOW it will come back on in a jiffy! It's really great. Makes homecoming sth to look forward to.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by 1Emmy: 12:27pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Jakumo, really interesting but I promise i will do better than Jonathan, please can i have your wife?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by VALIDATOR: 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2010
Electricity hours is stolen from one place and sent to another place !
Don't fall for that trick guys. No wonder electioneering campaigns easily swindle you. But why are Nigerians just too gullible?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by nelsonose: 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
As at today nothing has charged in teams of power supply. Please we beg PHCN to improve.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by nuelmae(m): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2010
@POSTER.
You are absolutely right.Its been over a week i bought fuel for my Gen set,
because there has been no need for it.
Its a very good omen,i only hope it will be sustained and improved upon
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by otokx(m): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2010
Here in my area of Port Harcourt, no electricity; it was just 2 hours the through out yesterday.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by brilantio: 1:15pm On Apr 21, 2010
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by exago(m): 1:16pm On Apr 21, 2010
Still expect the best from this Nation
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by abyte: 1:22pm On Apr 21, 2010
I can only speak of my situation in GRA Ilorin. I am visiting home, (9ja) and power is near perfect. Every now and then we get outages for about 15mins then its on again for days, yes days! I heard the Kwara Gov also did some things to help the Ilorin situation. That being said. A lot of our local "Electricians" are a HUGE part of the problem. Untrained illiterates giving advice on what then don't know. Our house has 3 phases from NEPA. The piped them all into one phase so that whatever phase comes, there is light. That is a horrible thing to do. There is constantly low current and non of the appliances are getting enough "juice". Fridges are breaking down, A/C,s now powering up. I had them changed back to 3 phases and everything is back to normal, like I remember from back in the day.

Hope this helps.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by kuntash: 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2010
, to those area where it hasnt improved, well sorry O, I pray it gets better, I used to have like 2hrs per day, now its an average of 15-20hrs daily, for like 2months now, its been so, I pray it stays and gets better O!!!, I have diverted 30% of my usual generator allowance to pay my PHCN bills, and come next month , I would pay my April bill kia kia, , how nice to be sleeping steadily in A/C room with your family, especially the kids, they like am no be small, grin grin grin lol
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Mesef1: 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
Power supply has improved greatly in Surulere, Lagos where I stay.

However, I guess "Jonny boy" knows that steady power supply would put him in a good position to contest and win the 2011 presidential election. I don't really care if this is a campaign strategy anyway.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by thirdi(m): 1:57pm On Apr 21, 2010
This is a worthless post as what u celebrated here is not happening - i dont even change over again to NEPA abi PHCN as we know wht to always expect
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by kuntash: 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2010
Me sef:

Power supply has improved greatly in Surulere, Lagos where I stay.

However, I guess "Jonny boy" knows that steady power supply would put him in a good position to contest and win the 2011 presidential election. I don't really care if this is a campaign strategy anyway.

abi O!! my broda
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by kuntash: 1:59pm On Apr 21, 2010
thirdi:

This is a worthless post as what u celebrated here is not happening - i dont even change over again to NEPA abi PHCN as we know wht to always expect

certainly u might not get PHCN light now, considering where u stay, "north pole" , abi?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by thirdi(m): 2:02pm On Apr 21, 2010
I stay at Yaba - so wht is with that? cool

please this is not a campaign platform to come and promote our thieving leaders. If good luck has anything to offer we want something more stable not this mirage light that will stop come on as it came.

We need more stable policies and grounded infrastructures than just giving a mandate with no ground work. Or are we saying that PHCN had the capacity to deliver but chose not to? I don’t think that is real – so make im first leverage technology to ensure that we have things on ground to sustain this miracle.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by kuntash: 2:10pm On Apr 21, 2010
thirdi:

I stay at Yaba - so wht is with that? cool

please this is not a campaign platform

really?   and I used to envy that your area cos, they are the champions - whilst other areas had 4hrs / day , u r sure Yaba would get like 10hrs,  maybe now they have balanced the scenario,  campaign?,  NO WAY!,  its never happened like this since 1999,  and say its campaign?,  whoever is responsible for the 2months of steady light can stay there 4ever 4 all I care,
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by thirdi(m): 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2010
Things don change o
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Johnnoo(m): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Poster
Its still our president. Whatever the manipulation of the wife & her cohorts (kitchen cabinet) shouldn't bring in the word "worthless" embarassed
think about man. . .
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by binbass(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2010
Obviously it has improved but not to that laudable level of yours
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:55pm On Apr 21, 2010
PHCN has improved since last year (in my area) but i doubt it was as a result of Jonathan (working in the background)

1: We are not illiterates (at least some of us) explain how you will achieve this miracle
2: Have you established what the problems are (distribution, funding, unsuited PHCN aggregators, un-sustained baseload capacity etc)
3: What is the Private sector's role in this Miracle initiative

The common factor with nigerians generally is that we do not ask the right questions, we simply assume that what has been declared is without fault or flaw; with good reason and above all else good intentions.

Let us ask the HOW questions and WHY it should work and not simply hyper-ventilated around a circus hyena (a term meant to say let us not be distracted by activity, let us stay focused on the logic and workability) grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by kingchild(m): 2:57pm On Apr 21, 2010
i think power has improved in my area, before now they use to ration it but now for close to four days we've been enjoying close to 16hrs power supply
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by chinakobo(m): 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2010
N landers, i stay in Kano state, Nigeria and i can confirm to you that there has been visible improvement in power supply. I thought it was a mistake that we were having light for almost 16hrs a day, but with this thread, i know its for real, I am not a supporter of any government!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 21, 2010
I SWEAR. LIGHT IN MY AREAS IS REALLY STABLE.

BUT THERE ARE SOME ISSUES WE DONT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS LIGHT.

1. YOUR AREA MIGHT BE SHARING LIGHT WITH EACH OTHER IN WHICH YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW.
2. THERE IS BOUND TO BE FAULT WITH LIGHT SINCE THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE USING THE LIGHT.
3. IT MOSTLY DEPEND, IF YOU ARE ON 33KV THEN YOU ENJOY LIGHT, BUT WHEN YOU ARE ON 11KV, THE LIGHT MIGHT NOT IMPROVE

BUT IN A NUT SHALL I SWEAR, ALL THE DAYS I HAVE LIVE IN NAIJA,  I HAVE NOT SEEN LIGHT LIKE THIS IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

I BEARABLY USE GENERATOR.

NO MORE FIGHT WITH ME AND MY LANDLORD BECAUSE OF GENERATOR.

ELECTRICITY HAVE IMPROVE. oh
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by category(m): 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2010
Honestly, i have been in my new location in the east
since Nov 2009 and i have never had NEPA for any full wkend
but for d past 3 weeks or so, it has changed.
even my family in Lagos has comfirm same to me.
The GUY dey try small small but lets still wait and see,
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Aryyor: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2010
clown:

Bla bla bla. I've heard it all before. Whether you are experiencing an improvement in power supply or not, it is a MIRACLE. At least you are experiencing SOMETHING. A bow-legged man that went for a miracle cure and came out with a k-leg has experienced his own miracle. If you don't like my contribution you are free to shoot me 'cos that's what I'll definetly do if I don't like yours. Thank you.

grin grin grin What a clown, ! LWKMD!!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by olafemi(m): 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Jakumo, you guys should leave Jakumo along cos he might be right,what i expect from you guyz is to ask of the area he lives cos my area is fair when you talk of light but not 247 but i knw i sleep with light every night
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by sammytb(m): 3:23pm On Apr 21, 2010
Have been been noticing this for some time and i think its true, Wow
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by RemKen: 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2010
May be we have various categories of states in nigeria, anyway, in 30 days, my area enjoy less than 10hrs (gone for almost two months now), inside the main town where I have my office and church, the supply has gone down more than 40% of what it used to be, meanwhile, for those of us that know Asaba in Delta State( that's where I'm reporting from), the other side of the town- we call it ACROSS,  enjoys light for average of 18 to 20hrs per day, but it's not an improvement but what has been for about two years now.  -

I congratulate those of you enjoying now, hope to join you soon,

Remmy, reporting from Asaba in Delta State
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Beaf: 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2010
At the time Uncle Joe came in, Nigeria was producing 2,275 MW of electricity. Goodlucks focus has jerked that up pretty sharply to 3,600 MW, hence the noticeable changes.
. . .And there is more to come! Over last weekend and this week, there's been intense work going on to further jerk up the supply in the gas powered stations situated in the ND. [size=14pt]Watch out![/size] grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Gunnaz007: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2010
@deeplo, truth be told, in my area, PHCN has improved. few months ago i run my biz on diesel and that eat alot from my pocket, but currently i only buy 25litres of diesel once per week and in most case i will not exhust the fuel i bought which will take me to another week. also in my house i now enjoy cold drinks and my wife never complain about not getting ice block to drink her garri which she loves very much Grin.

^^^hahaha, oga deeplo, you sure say your wife been dey "complain of not getting iceblock for her garri dat she loves so much", OR abi na "complain for sweating too much when you are kobokohing her dat she loves so much?"

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, OGA DEEPLO YOUR WIFE LIKE KOBOKOHhh!!!!! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari's Daughter Allegedly Orders Buyers Out Of Boutique In Abuja (Tweets) / Photos From The "Peaceful" Akwa Ibom Rerun Elections / Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.