Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. (31901 Views)

Study Shows Iphones Are 167 Times More Prone To Hacking Than Other Brands / How Time Flies. Tecno Mobile Share #10yearschallenge / Tecno Mobile Is Set To Launch Its First Full-view Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:02am On Mar 03, 2018
it's evident you don't have sense.

grayht:
U dey compare tecno with iphone abi?

Its like comparing seun osewa to spambot grin

Nonsense!!!
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:05am On Mar 03, 2018
The Camon CM beats the Camon CX Air in all ramifications. if It were the CX, it would be slightly dicey, as the CX has a 16mp Camera.
I would advise you settle for the Camon CM. You can check online for a full spec listing of both phones for confirmation.

taylor89:

Bro i intend getting a CX Air by Monday

Have gone through their specs no big difference still 13mp front and back

Just that the CM has 5.7in display

Is there any thing special about the CM that the CX Air doesn't have

Tnx
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:08am On Mar 03, 2018
I don't know who you are, but I feel like giving you a hug!..

Obo8405:
I'm not a fan of any of the two brands ,but from the discussion here I'll pick a tecno over an iPhone ,the guy raised some salients points that no one has bin able to counter ,I guess iPhone users are just happy because of d luxury tag to it .
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by tafat: 9:10am On Mar 03, 2018
Truly tecno phones are indeed better cos they are very affordable

1 Like

Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:11am On Mar 03, 2018
from your name, it is quite evident your are good at talking trash. you should go back to school .

Talkingboy:
Yoruba go say "Iya lo n je mo kudun Ponmo "

Just like saying Lagos state Poly is better than Harvard Uni ....

Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:12am On Mar 03, 2018
TECNO hasn't Incorporated that yet. Trust me, soon enough, they will.

solasoulmusic:
Lol when your phone is stolen do you have security to recover it and render it unuseful ?
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by DonDiego(m): 9:14am On Mar 03, 2018
freshdude99:

Misplaced argument! Please if you think you are better, what have you pioneered for others to follow?

The misplaced argument was not mine but that of the fellow who had all the opportunities of selling the superiority of the iPhone over Tecno to us by citing features in the two phones but chose the lazy route of worshipping the white man and his views here.

3 Likes

Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:15am On Mar 03, 2018
If you knew this, then you should be ashamed of yourself. I have nothing more to say to you.

new2012:

I bet you didnt know that Nnamdi Ezeigbo is the co founder of tecno and Infinix
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:17am On Mar 03, 2018
This is an interesting discovery... thank you very much for this.

udemzy101:

Android is becoming more secured as the day passes by. Do you know mi cloud?
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:19am On Mar 03, 2018
TECNO launched the first 18:9 aspect ratio phone. check that out. And do you know that the founder of TECNO MObile is a Nigerian?

freshdude99:

Misplaced argument! Please if you think you are better, what have you pioneered for others to follow?
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by DonDiego(m): 9:20am On Mar 03, 2018
Lordkratus:
just stating the obvious. he made a ship and came down here to pack all your acenstors when they were still wearing leaves around their waist. go think about that

I see that you are ready for his ship of the 21st century, or if he considers you not fit to shipped off you're ready to stowaway just so you can get to his continent and work in his cotton and sugarcane plantations like your ancestors centuries ago. Why your lineage is eternally fascinated by the colour of a man's skin is still being studied all over the world.

1 Like

Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:23am On Mar 03, 2018
what the hell is this one talking about?

DonDiego:

I see that you are ready for his ship of the 21st century, or if he considers you not fit to shipped off you're ready to stowaway just so you can get to his continent and work in his cotton and sugarcane plantations like your ancestors centuries ago. Why your lineage is eternally fascinated by the colour of a man's skin is still being studied all over the world.
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by ollah2: 9:24am On Mar 03, 2018
michealewela:
Research : Apple heavily invest into research. If i remeber correctly than the Fingerprint scanner is Apple’s invention. You can find such information that Apple alone spend $11 bn for R & D. Apple's research and development expenditure 2007-2017 | Statistic
Out sourcing : Apple doesn't manufacture every part of thier iPhone themselves. For example, the LED screen of iPhone X is made by Samsung. Processer ( A11 ) is made by TSMC ( Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited). And list goes on. Such out sourcing cost needs to overcome for profit.
Customer care netwrok : For maintaining such vast and efficient customer care netwroks needs funds.
Software : iOS and MacOS, iTUNES and such software and apps needs to be updated time to time and making efficient system more efficient is time consuming as well as expensive.
Quality Components : Apple always try to use best component available out there into their iPhones. Lots of such things we taken for granted as mere Megapixels isn't the full story for camera.
Why Android are not that expensive than ?
Fist of all Andorid itself is not expensive to being into device as it is open source.
Other than Samsung, tere very few company invest into R & D. And some comapny doesn't have total worth that these tech-gaint spend only on research.
As far as companies like Oneplus , oppo, vivo and xiomi, these companies just go for the product which caters the demand of the customer and copies the trending technologies of such tech-gaints. ( this may hurt to many people out there using these companies devices )
They don't have good customer care network around the globe. Hence you come across many times such issues like your screen replacement alone took 3 to 5 months in company service center ! Apple device just take maximum 15 days in India to replace your screen !
They use generally affordable components to thier devices which make them cheaper. And most of the compnies located into china, the manufacturing hub, per device cost comes down naturally.
There are expensive Andorid device like Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy note 8, and such device justify their price by offering something top notch !
Hope it helps !

Copied.....

You just copied and pasted without making you own personal research. I stopped reading at the bolded, how is finger print Apple's invention?
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Awaja(m): 9:28am On Mar 03, 2018
I’ve not used any smart phone smarter than an IPhone,well ,na person weh no get tfare say trekking de sweet,guy my iPhone de give me joy,hide your face
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:28am On Mar 03, 2018
Thank you very much for this observation.
this thread has become really educative.

ollah2:

You just copied and pasted without making you own personal research. I stopped reading at the bolded, how is finger print Apple's invention?
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Fitbillionairep: 9:30am On Mar 03, 2018
pioukul1:
I don't think the guy is mad. lol..
He has a point tho. The iphone is truly highly overrated. I own an iphone, but the pictures of the Camon series are to die for.

IPhone 4 Abi you get iPhone x and camon camera still better pass iPhone x own
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Absa: 9:32am On Mar 03, 2018
Dis 1 weak me cry grin grin can a Bentley be over priced?
eTECTIVe:
Oga na Pesin wey no get money for stout dey use d bitter taste as excuse... Enjoy ur camon as it is wat u can afford
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 03, 2018
alexDBaberian:
TECNO launched the first 18:9 aspect ratio phone. check that out. And do you know that the founder of TECNO MObile is a Nigerian?

You lie, dude.

Tecno didn't launch the first 18:9 aspect ratio phone, neither is it founded by a Nigerian.

But that's none of my business.
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2018
michealewela:
Research : Apple heavily invest into research. If i remeber correctly than the Fingerprint scanner is Apple’s invention. You can find such information that Apple alone spend $11 bn for R & D. Apple's research and development expenditure 2007-2017 | Statistic
Out sourcing : Apple doesn't manufacture every part of thier iPhone themselves. For example, the LED screen of iPhone X is made by Samsung. Processer ( A11 ) is made by TSMC ( Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Limited). And list goes on. Such out sourcing cost needs to overcome for profit.
Customer care netwrok : For maintaining such vast and efficient customer care netwroks needs funds.
Software : iOS and MacOS, iTUNES and such software and apps needs to be updated time to time and making efficient system more efficient is time consuming as well as expensive.
Quality Components : Apple always try to use best component available out there into their iPhones. Lots of such things we taken for granted as mere Megapixels isn't the full story for camera.
Why Android are not that expensive than ?
Fist of all Andorid itself is not expensive to being into device as it is open source.
Other than Samsung, tere very few company invest into R & D. And some comapny doesn't have total worth that these tech-gaint spend only on research.
As far as companies like Oneplus , oppo, vivo and xiomi, these companies just go for the product which caters the demand of the customer and copies the trending technologies of such tech-gaints. ( this may hurt to many people out there using these companies devices )
They don't have good customer care network around the globe. Hence you come across many times such issues like your screen replacement alone took 3 to 5 months in company service center ! Apple device just take maximum 15 days in India to replace your screen !
They use generally affordable components to thier devices which make them cheaper. And most of the compnies located into china, the manufacturing hub, per device cost comes down naturally.
There are expensive Andorid device like Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, Samsung Galaxy note 8, and such device justify their price by offering something top notch !
Hope it helps !

Copied.....

Chai, you've unintentionally given these guys some weak spots to capitalise on.

Apple made the fingerprint scanner mainstream. They perfected it.
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by mustydeen(m): 9:38am On Mar 03, 2018
aledbaberian . Mbok no vex o
Have you ever bought an iPhone with your money in your life b4?

We can now talk after answering this question.
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Igweann979(f): 9:40am On Mar 03, 2018
Let me ask most of you that love this so called I phone; do you even know how to operate the phone, this person has just stated what he likes and value in a phone OK most of you don't even know what is feature and specifications in a phone even to locate the message icon is almost impossible for most of you saying iPhone iphone so stop all this tecno is fake of a thing

1 Like

Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Timileyin1234(m): 9:41am On Mar 03, 2018
Abdulazeez007:
I phone determines your income or pay?
IPhone worshipper.

Iphone doesn’t determine ur income.
But if u are using Iphone u will always be happy
Let’s see it this way

1. U can use iPhone keyboard as trackpad can camon CM do that. It is only blackberry that does that
2. It has ability to save passwords inside the phone not downloading app to do that
3. Iphone is faster than camon CM take it or leave it
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:42am On Mar 03, 2018
why should I hide my face? shame only comes to those who are below standard. Your thinking depicts that... lol grin grin grin... i doubt you even have a face worthy to behold.

Awaja:
I’ve not used any smart phone smarter than an IPhone,well ,na person weh no get tfare say trekking de sweet,guy my iPhone de give me joy,hide your face
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Ennyholar: 9:43am On Mar 03, 2018
Nice thread OP
Have never for one like iPhone... Android anytime any day

1 Like

Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:43am On Mar 03, 2018
Shut up and quote with facts.

adeboyewareez:

You lie, dude.

Tecno didn't launch the first 18:9 aspect ratio phone, neither is it founded by a Nigerian.

But that's none of my business.
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Okoyeifeanyi95(m): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2018
You just listed the qualities of Tecno without listing that of iphone
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 03, 2018
A lot of Mad people are starting to evolve on Nairaland. The mods are on slow drugs too I guess While Seun is sleeping grin
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:47am On Mar 03, 2018
why do I need to buy an iphone when I have all it can offer in a tecno phone?

mustydeen:
aledbaberian . Mbok no vex o

Have you ever bought an iPhone with your money in your life b4?

We can now talk after answering this question.
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 03, 2018
alexDBaberian:
i love this article. you seem like the only intellectual person on this thread.

but then, I disagree with you.

TECNO Mobile is a subsidiary of Transsion Holdings, who also own Carl Care. IT takes just 48 hours to fix your screen in Nigeria. They have home engineers that now live and work in Nigeria. Also, The tecno screen is way stronger than the so called gorilla screens iphones use.

I beg to disagree that TECNO MObile doesn't spend money on research. They are the first phone to adopt the 18:9 Aspect ratio display. this ensures there are no black screen edges in videos.... This is a breakthrough in phone tech.

Also, expensive doesn't mean qualitative or effective.

Bros, for the sake of the dignity of the mobile world, please stop.

you're outlining some very misleading statements which is bad.

*They are not the first phone to have an 18:9 aspect ratio; if you've added 'in Nigeria', it could have been better.
*18:9 aspect ratio doesn't ensure that there are no black screen edges in videos.
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:47am On Mar 03, 2018
GetMeRight:

If we tell you now that you've indirectly echoed @op sentiment, you will still want to argue. Read your submission again.
if I tell u you have comprehension problem now, you will start to argue.

OP's point is: iPhone is overrated.
Anything overrated is not worth it's worth.

But both Samsung and iPhone has the right to be overrated because they are worth it- that's the point. That's why they are luxuries.

But I also wouldn't use them because I don't personally like iPhone and even the Samsung counterpart is too expensive for me. That's doesn't mean they are overrated.

Shio

Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by Awaja(m): 9:48am On Mar 03, 2018
alexDBaberian:
why should I hide my face? shame only comes to those who are below standard. Your thinking depicts that... lol grin grin grin... i doubt you even have a face worthy to behold.

Haha �
I doubt your sanity to compare techno with An iPhone,like I said ,if you no get owo,withhold your breath mumuni!
Re: Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. by alexDBaberian: 9:49am On Mar 03, 2018
Have you had your medication this morning?

lowkey28:
A lot of Mad people are starting to evolve on Nairaland. The mods are on slow drugs too I guess While Seun is sleeping grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

White Man Mistakenly Receives 60 iPhone 15 Pro Max From Apple (Video) / TECNO Launches PHANTOM X Flagship With Polished Design And Powerful Camera / Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.