Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? (15559 Views)

EFCC Arrests Doctor Who Engaged His Wife's Best Friend 4 Months After Her Death / Am In Love With My Wife Best Friend / Am In Trouble! My Wife's Best Friend Is In Love With Me: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Radiant(f): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2010
Ujujoan:

Yea, what do you want to do undecided

I want to know his plans. This your body weh deh hot this morning. Take am easy eh wink
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 29, 2010
^^ lol! cheesy cheesy

I know na, I'm interested in his answer that's why I highlighted your post. lol!

Abeg oh, I'm not Magaret Tatcher. grin
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by baybbootz(f): 11:50am On Apr 29, 2010
So Fredy, what are your plans
want to take up the vacant position? joke tongue

true though fredy,are you planing to leave her? I think you should really take a break,go somewhere and reconsider your options.Also consider the kids you two have together.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Tinksh(f): 12:02pm On Apr 29, 2010
My heart breaks for you, truly. There is no reason any person would say those things, even if its the truth, unless to break your heart. She had no right to lay all that on you. I have no words to describe a woman like that. You dont do that to someone you love or even to the father of your babies!!! Discusting and vile words!!! I dont understand though why you married her when you knew she was cheating. Sometimes we need to open our eyes, marriage doesnt change people for the better it only highlights their weaknesses.
I pray for your heart to heal and pray for your babies in this mess.

Is she taking any responsibility?? For the decision to marry, for the cheating, for bringing innocent children into the marriage if she knew all this?
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by COco102: 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2010
Radiant:

The answers are in post 17

thanx!
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by FredyP: 12:14pm On Apr 29, 2010
I do not really know what to do. I think about the kids growing up in a loveless home, I think about the shattered confidence and how to get it back, i think about how i can ever love any woman again, I am seriously confused.

@Tink_sh
She takes some responsibility and says I have to tak the most responsibility.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Radiant(f): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2010
If you haven't satisfied her in 10 years I don't think you can anymore or may be I'm wrong embarassed

Did she suggest any solution?

Things like this you don't even know where to start from. sad
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by baybbootz(f): 12:22pm On Apr 29, 2010
what responsibility is she taking?
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Tinksh(f): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2010
@Tink_sh

[quote][/quote]

I'm sorry but she is totally responsible for her own actions. She chose to use those cruel words on the father of her children. The lack of respect astounds me. You at least deserve respect as the father.
Did you cheat on her or beat her? If not she has no reason to complain she is just blaming you to justify her behaviour. I am truly sorry, i have no advice on how to move forward. I only know that you have to protect and love your children. They deserve much better than a mother who puts herself first. I apoligise if i sound harsh but women like this give the rest of us a bad name!!
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by FredyP: 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2010
I do not cheat or beat my wife.
I am a very responsible man and I have a great deal of care for my family, physically, emotionally and financially.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by onstelly(f): 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2010
she never loves u in d first place, maybe she is jus desperate to add MRS to her name simple.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2010
FredyP:

I do not cheat or beat my wife.
I am a very responsible man and I have a great deal of care for my family, physically, emotionally and financially.

Maybe that's where you are wrong. By the time you give her 24 strokes of the cane, fear no go let am tell you rubbish. lol!  grin

Okay that was a joke!

I do feel for you and honestly I dont know what to tell you. She single handedly put you and her in this mess and she should be the one taking majority of the blame not you. But now's not the time to pass the buck. What you need is a solution and I dont know if I have one.

If the mods can move this to the family section, I'm sure Chiarcover will be able to figure something out!  wink
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Travelista(f): 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2010
FredyP:

I do not really know what to do. I think about the kids growing up in a loveless home, I think about the shattered confidence and how to get it back, i think about how i can ever love any woman again, I am seriously confused.

@Tink_sh

Ok, stop. I'm really trying not to be judgmental; I really am. But the above? Don't even let her try that with you. She doesn't seem to get what she's done to her family if she's asking you to carry the brunt of the situation. To put things plainly: your wife comes off as selfish.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by SAGoddess: 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2010
Dilemma, it also doesn't seem like FredyP is able or willing to let go of her YET, sounds like he is hoping for a miracle, goodluck man, your situation is tricky to say the least!
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Ak4ril(m): 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2010
Actually, I'm in a dilema, if there were no kids between you, it would have being much easier, bro, you just have to take heart,  sad sad sad honestly, I'm short of words, may GOD show you the right path.

To my astonishment, most love or romance stories I see, hear or experience are followed by heartbreaks, I don't know who I can trust as my gf or wife to be, girls of nowadays are wicked and heartless, as a friend of mine says, life is now half-done embarassed , stories like this gives me goose pimples each time I think of searching for a girl to settle down with.

As I dey now, I just dey flenjur dey go as I no trust anybody except my mother.

@ poster, just take heart, God will show you someone who will give you a solution.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Ak4ril(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2010
@ poster, do you still love your wife wholeheartedly ?
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by FredyP: 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2010
Being the person in the frontline, I can tell you it is not that easy to simply walk away. There are so many factors holding you back, the pressure form family, the children, the love you have, the financial investments.

Believe me, if it was that easy, I would have been gone.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2010
^^ well, stay then. And figure out a way to sort it out. GOOD LUCK! wink
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Omolulu(m): 3:56pm On Apr 29, 2010
Then dont leave her, if you love her, you can as well forgive her and move on, painful shit i must say, but if God forgives the most terrible sinners, who then are we not to forgive? (although bear in mind that you dnt satisfy her in bed like she wants! Big issue)

If you also want to leave, you are justified to do that , if she also wants to leave, let her go

The fact of the matter is that the Ball is in your court
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by olayinkaj2(m): 4:38pm On Apr 29, 2010
Hmmmm! wonders shall never end. I know its very hard for u to move on but its just the truth. I don't av a solution to ur problem but the decision is now urs whether u still want her to stay with u or u want to forget her and take care of ur children. Whatever decision u take God will help u. It hurt but kpele.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Radiant(f): 7:57pm On Apr 29, 2010
FredyP:

Being the person in the frontline, I can tell you it is not that easy to simply walk away. There are so many factors holding you back, the pressure form family, the children, the love you have, the financial investments.

Believe me, if it was that easy, I would have been gone.

I understand. It's terrible sad but let me ask, why did she tell you all this? An excuse to leave you or what? I can't even imagine you trying to make love to her again So messed up embarassed
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 29, 2010
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Radiant(f): 9:06pm On Apr 29, 2010
Chaircover, no woman in her right senses will compare her husband to her ex boyfriends after 10 years of marriage. That woman is straight from hell. Just think about it. It's not even disheartening enough that she came to this conclusion after so many years but to even mention her ex boyfriends?! Dang! that's just the climax.

Chaircover, if your husband came and told you that you've been a wimp all these years of marriage how would you feel? You will find it very very difficult to understand where he's coming from. Intimacy in marriage is not something one hides na I've never heard this one.

For all you know the woman may have been having affairs and she just felt so guilty one day and perhaps that's why she was crying and told the man whatever she said. She has been with someone recently to make comparisons.

Seriously, it doesn't add up. Except this man is lying, the woman's mind is not clean. I refuse to believe that.

This story is giving me a headache
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2010
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Radiant(f): 9:29pm On Apr 29, 2010
chaircover:

in response to your question, if Mr chaircover calls me a wimp after all these years of marriage, I will first of all check his temperature to see if he is OK grin

I'm sure this man would have said the same thing if he saw a similar question before the horrendous incident wink It's shocking to say the least grin This send ones confidence to early grave.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 29, 2010
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Radiant(f): 9:43pm On Apr 29, 2010
Yea, I hope they figure something out. smiley
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by DeepSoul(f): 10:19pm On Apr 29, 2010
People sef!
Even before the poster came back with his answers, una don crucify the woman!
We don't even know her side of the story!
We're shouting for this man to leave his wife after 10yrs! 10yrs!

@Poster:
My broda, if you love your wife, pls I beg you oh! Stay with her and make it work
If she says you don't satisfy her in bed, go out of your way and learn how to.
Ask her what works for her, use the internet as a research tool, buy creams, lubes, whateva!
Just make it work!!
Ask God for wisdom, ask Him to direct ur path, ask Him for strength to go thru this. . .
You can't do it on ur own. . . .U need His strength. . .
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by SAGoddess: 7:55am On Apr 30, 2010
It's going to be interesting how this one turns out, as the poster stated in his first post, the woman does not love him and has never loved him in the 10 years they have been married, I am assuming the man will EVENTUALLY grow on the wife but clearly it hasn't happened until now, all the best poster, this whole love thing is tricky if you ask me!
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 30, 2010
chaircover:

@poster I may be wrong but my gut instinct tells me that this is a cry for help from your wife. If she was playing around or wanted to leave you, she would have found better excuses. She will find an excuse that she can say in public. How can she tell her mother, friends and pastor etc that she is leaving you because you cant do it as well as her ex-boyfriends?

She probably said all those things to get a reaction from you and it worked. She has probably been hinting for months or years that things are not quite right with the relationship but you didn't quite grab it, so she decided to give you some attention grabbing headlines.

No doubt the things she said were despicable but maybe that was the only way she knew how to get to you.

Sometimes, men are on different wavelength's to women and men can be totally engrossed in their quest to put food on the table, forgetting that its not all about money. Women have totally different needs. We need love and affection. We need to be appreciated, we need to talk, we need to be listend to, we need to be affectionately touched and spoken to. Men are sometimes too busy to do all this and the woman begins to feel unloved and un appreciated.

Your wife made the mistake of letting things get so bad before saying anything but I honestly don't believe that she meant what she said. I think that she still loves you or wouldn't be crying when having the discussion with you.

No doubt something is wrong in your relationship and has been for a long time whether you admit it or not. You are married and have been for 10 years, so really you have one of one choice only, which is to try and work things out with your wife. Try & try until you have exhausted all avenues possible.

Go home and make peace with your wife. All the best.

This makes a hell of sense. I mean judging by the poster's reaction . . . 'how do I become my wife's best friend', it's obvious he feels a bit guilt! undecided

Any other man would be hating now and raining insults on the whole of womanhood, but this guy . . . is remorseful! undecided
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Emmacarnegie(m): 10:57am On Apr 30, 2010
There is notin hidden under de sun dat cannot come out especially emotions,it is not over yet sometin can b done.Both of u shld sit down & discus,with Godss help it shall b well Goodluck.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by gaskydudu: 11:06am On Apr 30, 2010
Hey dude, it's very possible that your wife is cheating on you!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

For her to have such guts to tell you, and the details, ah ah!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sexy Proud Mom Cuddles And Poses With Son In A Nude Pic... / I'm Shocked To See Ozo In Big Brother Naija / Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.