Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,278 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? (15555 Views)

EFCC Arrests Doctor Who Engaged His Wife's Best Friend 4 Months After Her Death / Am In Love With My Wife Best Friend / Am In Trouble! My Wife's Best Friend Is In Love With Me: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 30, 2010
I am surprised the poster still wants to be his wife's bestfriend. He must really love her, a lot more than she does.

I hope I won't marry a man whose love for me will be three times my love for him or na serious wahala e go be ooo.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by sabygrace: 11:22am On Apr 30, 2010
I'll advice you guys to invite God into your home.Its the only way out of this.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2010
sabygrace:

I'll advice you guys to invite God into your home.Its the only way out of this.

Pointless and easily ditched out advice. undecided You are just intellectually lazy.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by SAGoddess: 11:24am On Apr 30, 2010
michelin89:

I am surprised the poster still wants to be his wife's bestfriend. He must really love her, a lot more than she does.

I hope I won't marry a man whose love for me will be three times my love for him or na serious wahala e go be ooo.

Generally this kind of love can be fatal, the thing is the more one pushes, the other pulls away!
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 30, 2010
SA Goddess:

Generally this kind of love can be fatal, the thing is the more one pushes, the other pulls away!  

True. . .very destructive.

It's better not to be loved at all, IMO.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Donald4u: 11:27am On Apr 30, 2010
michelin89:

True words. But it just goes to show Women can never be satisfied. Whether you love them little or very much, there's always a problem.
@OP
Like I said earlier, if your story is true, then your wife has been a cheating b.i.t.ch. Otherwise, you'll just need to learn how to fulfill your wife's desires. Start by being a listening husband.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2010
Donald4u:

True words. But it just goes to show Women can never be satisfied. Whether you love them little or very much, there's always a problem.
@OP
Like I said earlier, if your story is true, then your wife has been a cheating b.i.t.ch. Otherwise, you'll just need to learn how to fulfill your wife's desires. Start by being a listening husband.

I don't think it's peculiar to women alone. Generally human beings take advantage of any situation whereby someone is ready to give more than they give themselves.

Greed is in everyone of us. We shouldn't act holier than thou.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Donald4u: 11:35am On Apr 30, 2010
michelin89:

I don't think it's peculiar to women alone. Generally human beings take advantage of any situation whereby someone is ready to give more than they give themselves.

Greed is in everyone of us. We shouldn't act holier than thou.

I aint tryin to act holy or anything. I was just responding to your statement in comparison to one made earlier

chaircover:

@poster I may be wrong but my gut instinct tells me that this is a cry for help from your wife. If she was playing around or wanted to leave you, she would have found better excuses. She will find an excuse that she can say in public. How can she tell her mother, friends and pastor etc that she is leaving you because you cant do it as well as her ex-boyfriends?

She probably said all those things to get a reaction from you and it worked. She has probably been hinting for months or years that things are not quite right with the relationship but you didn't quite grab it, so she decided to give you some attention grabbing headlines.

No doubt the things she said were despicable but maybe that was the only way she knew how to get to you.

Sometimes, men are on different wavelength's to women and men can be totally engrossed in their quest to put food on the table, forgetting that its not all about money. Women have totally different needs. We need love and affection. We need to be appreciated, we need to talk, we need to be listend to, we need to be affectionately touched and spoken to. Men are sometimes too busy to do all this and the woman begins to feel unloved and un appreciated.

Your wife made the mistake of letting things get so bad before saying anything but I honestly don't believe that she meant what she said. I think that she still loves you or wouldn't be crying when having the discussion with you.

No doubt something is wrong in your relationship and has been for a long time whether you admit it or not. You are married and have been for 10 years, so really you have one of one choice only, which is to try and work things out with your wife. Try & try until you have exhausted all avenues possible.

Go home and make peace with your wife. All the best.

Chaircover says the love might have waned and that's bad. You say he loves too much.
So what do you expect men to do about Women? Nothing ever seems right.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2010
Donald4u:

I aint tryin to act holy or anything. I was just responding to your statement in comparison to one made earlier

My bad!! smiley
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by SAGoddess: 11:37am On Apr 30, 2010
@ poster - would your wife at least be open to the thought of using toys to make her happy, are you open to it?  Thinking of options here, BUT THEN AGAIN, this does not take away the fact that she DOESN'T love you and NEVER has!
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Donald4u: 11:39am On Apr 30, 2010
michelin89:

My bad!! smiley
michelin89:

True. . .very destructive.

It's better not to be loved at all, IMO.

So are you implying a loveless marriage is the best?
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2010
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 30, 2010
Donald4u:

So are you implying a loveless marriage is the best?

My post was just comparing two situations (in necessarily in marriage):

1. My partner loves me more
2. My partner doesn't love me at all.

In the first scenario you just end up with a lunatic: today he loves you, tomorrow he doesn't.

In the second, although disheartening, you have a partner who doesn't give you mix feelings all the time. His coherence in fact will just easy things for you. And whenever you decide to leave, you won't look back.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Donald4u: 11:47am On Apr 30, 2010
chaircover:

The poster clearly feels a degree of guilt somewhere; or why would he still be striving to be his wife’s best friend after such a hard hit in the nuts where it hurts the most ego wise?

I think the poster needs to come out with what exactly happened/happening. This woman’s behaviour is not typical. Infact the whole tale doesn’t taste palatable.

I still don’t believe that the woman is sleeping around.

Lets face it, I don’t think that bad s.ex gets worse; it can only get better with time. She coped with the bad s.ex 10 years ago, why is it suddenly an issue now? Which makes me believe that that she was just looking for the hubby to sit up and listen and it worked. She is “wicked”  shocked for doing this but it was probably the only thing she hadn’t already tried to get him to listen to her.

Looking at it from a Nigerian perspective, I'd say it's possible for Nigerians to remain in a relationship no matter what. Maybes are just maybes.
The OP's drive to make peace at all costs may not necessarily a sign of guilt, but a reflection of his immediate society
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by sugah: 11:56am On Apr 30, 2010
@poster:
One thing you (and all men) should know is that women are very particular about sexual satisfaction. Yes you love her and take care of her material needs, but do u satisfy her sexually Even though most people only want to deny and base their marriages on love and trust, sexuall satisfaction is always a factor.

You are in luck cos ur wife has told u she has a problem with ur not satisfying her (instaed of going behind ur back to get someone that can), it means she still wants to work things out. so what u should do is address ur shortcomings. Gof for sexual councelling if need be, and most especially, COMMUNICATE. Let ur wife tell u what excites her, what tickles and brings out the freak in her, U dont necessarily have to have a huge LIL JUNIOR.

***All you wham bam thank you ma'am kind of guys, take note***
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Donald4u: 11:56am On Apr 30, 2010
michelin89:

My post was just comparing two situations (in necessarily in marriage):

1. My partner loves me more
2. My partner doesn't love me at all.

In the first scenario you just end up with a lunatic: today he loves you, tomorrow he doesn't.

In the second, although disheartening, you have a partner who doesn't give you mix feelings all the time. His coherence in fact will just easy things for you. And whenever you decide to leave, you won't look back.

The lesser evil, eh? But like they say, In a relationship one partner is always more loving. What happens if you find yourself loving him more than he does to you. Trust me, It'll be hard not to look back.

Truthfully, this whole concept of love irks me. But I feel it's impossible to line out scenarios we haven't experienced. Personally I try to be less loving than my partner in my relationships. But I end up leaving behind girls who still have feelings for me (not all). No scenario looks good really.

Besides, an 'over-loving' husband is not a lunatic, just foolish.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Donald4u: 11:59am On Apr 30, 2010
sugah:

***All you wham bam thank you ma'am kind of guys, take note***

Times have changed Sugah, lol. Good advice nonetheless.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2010
Donald4u:

The lesser evil, eh? But like they say, In a relationship one partner is always more loving. What happens if you find yourself loving him more than he does to you. Trust me, It'll be hard not to look back.

Truthfully, this whole concept of love irks me. But I feel it's impossible to line out scenarios we haven't experienced. Personally I try to be less loving than my partner in my relationships. But I end up leaving behind girls who still have feelings for me (not all). No scenario looks good really.

Besides, an 'over-loving' husband is not a lunatic, just foolish.

The fact that you are less loving doesn't mean you love less. You can love and decide not to show it. . .but na love you still dey.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Donald4u: 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2010
michelin89:

The fact that you are less loving doesn't mean you love less. You can love and decide not to show it. . .but na love you still dey.

Correctomundo. You're my type of girl.
A man should be able to keep his feelings/emotions hidden, but that should not be an excuse to be unloving.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by blackcat1: 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2010
The question is "How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend?" not tell me how b.i.t.c.h.y my wife is or tell me to get a divorce.
If you don't have suggestions to help this marriage then just read and move on.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by MONAGHAN: 12:25pm On Apr 30, 2010
How do you come this far, sorry to say you must be a mumu in 3D, for good 10 years ,you couldn`t see the writing on the wall
you use the private line for years and you could  not read the body language , she must had told you in silent but you fail to hear the whisper
well,  i will say you are a luck man  and she is not that evil, because during the 10 years period she could have send you 6 feet under ,simply because you are blind , my advice to you is to ***********

buy BOY II MEN  CD (END OF THE ROAD )
   PLAY IT 100 TIMES, THEN MOVE ON
          cry embarassed cool smiley
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by otukpo(f): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2010
chaircover:

@poster I may be wrong but my gut instinct tells me that this is a cry for help from your wife. If she was playing around or wanted to leave you, she would have found better excuses. She will find an excuse that she can say in public. How can she tell her mother, friends and pastor etc that she is leaving you because you cant do it as well as her ex-boyfriends?

She probably said all those things to get a reaction from you and it worked. She has probably been hinting for months or years that things are not quite right with the relationship but you didn't quite grab it, so she decided to give you some attention grabbing headlines.

No doubt the things she said were despicable but maybe that was the only way she knew how to get to you.

Sometimes, men are on different wavelength's to women and men can be totally engrossed in their quest to put food on the table, forgetting that its not all about money. Women have totally different needs. We need love and affection. We need to be appreciated, we need to talk, we need to be listend to, we need to be affectionately touched and spoken to. Men are sometimes too busy to do all this and the woman begins to feel unloved and un appreciated.

Your wife made the mistake of letting things get so bad before saying anything but I honestly don't believe that she meant what she said. I think that she still loves you or wouldn't be crying when having the discussion with you.

No doubt something is wrong in your relationship and has been for a long time whether you admit it or not. You are married and have been for 10 years, so really you have one of one choice only, which is to try and work things out with your wife. Try & try until you have exhausted all avenues possible.

Go home and make peace with your wife. All the best.

this is the first post on this thread that made sense to me.
i was still reading thru b4 i will write mine and chaircover thought along the same line with me.
Chaircover, God bless u for that.

@ OP
Am sure sure ur wife has been deeply hurt in one way or the other and she has been bottling that up. Go and make peace with her, ask her where u've been getting it wrong and make her feel free to open up to u. Show her u are very sincere abt ur love for her and u'll do anything to win her back.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Lacuzy: 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2010
my dear i think shes got another partner and you know what that means smtins must have happend.

But be wise in handling the matter.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by shrubs: 12:37pm On Apr 30, 2010
I can't imagine leaving with a woman for that long and she later comes up with all those words. The quetions you asked her were not necessary because she never loved you and base on that, i can only ask her on when she intend leaving my house. I will be this polite for the sake of the kids we have together.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2010
I like how Chaircover always sees the positive aspects and the negatives ones that can be improved of every relationship. But in this case, I am afraid I don't see any ooo.

This woman nor just love the guy and she take her mouth talk am. The man might have his faults but no one is perfect. Flaws a woman in love would accept are totally intolerable for another woman, like the poster's wife, who has no utter feeling for her husband.

The lack of feelings towards her husband has brought her to see even the least mistake of his as an excuse to pour all her bitterness and frustration on him. I strongly believe she has been waiting for this opportunity. 10 years is indeed a long time, but for 10 years the man had been too good, until that fateful day.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by otukpo(f): 12:43pm On Apr 30, 2010
Poster, i don't believe that ur wife has never loved u. She probably said that out of frustration.

I like the title, seek to know how to become her best friend.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by calyx: 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2010
Sad story really but its just easy to see where this relationship is headed - South! Its just so crazy sometimes that you find it very difficult to believe women.
I just had it with a babe who was sleeping with me and with about three other guys. we all knew ourselves and she was discussing marriage with all of us. Its all so crazy.

I dont even know where to start with another relationship. . .I dont simply know who to trust. God help us. . .we need it.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Donald4u: 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
calyx:

Sad story really but its just easy to see where this relationship is headed - South! Its just so crazy sometimes that you find it very difficult to believe women.
I just had it with a babe who was sleeping with me and with about three other guys. we all knew ourselves and she was discussing marriage with all of us. Its all so crazy.

I dont even know where to start with another relationship. . .I dont simply know who to trust. God help us. . .we need it.

Talk about sharing the love! 25% for each guy.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by Radiant(f): 12:57pm On Apr 30, 2010
Na wa o. A woman who said she never loved you and never felt satisfied sexually for 10 years will never love you nor feel satisfied in bed.

No amount of frustration will make a woman compare her husband to other men and in this case people that he knows  shocked. Not only does that woman feel zilch for the man but she's regretting the marriage.

Now, why vomit her 'true feelings' after 10 years tells me and me alone that she has/is seeing other men and has the chance to compare. Of course she can't tell her husband that instead she'll mention her ex boyfriends before she got married. cool

For those of you saying that the man ignored her cries for sexual satisfaction, I think that's not true. John Thomas is a man's pride and if he gets the slightest hint that he's messing up he'll do everything in his power to correct it. Abi guys na so una deh turn deaf ear

The woman is either crying out of guilt for sleeping around and just doesn't know how to leave the marriage 'cause e no easy.

Fredy, how far? Any development
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by hannydarl(f): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
Ánd a man never left his wife after 10 years or more of marriage?

Maybe theres something you were doing that she couldnt take and you did not change and you aint gonna tell us about here?

If you were a faithful and hardworking hubby and dad then its her loss. It hurts but you can move forward with the help of good friends who will take your mind off her with wholesome activicties.  I went through something like this once. Though, I wasnt married to him he told me that he never realy loved me and that he was after my friend and then just derailed towards me and brings his new girlfriend and kisses her in front of me to drive home the point undecided.
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by otukpo(f): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2010
calyx:

Laughs

But how do u guys get involved with this kind of girls?  
Birds of a feather,
Re: How Do I Become My Wife’s Best Friend? by sayso: 1:00pm On Apr 30, 2010
The problem is that Men during marriage thinks about their own self esteem rather than that of the woman which is more important.Men make sure that your woman or girlfriend enjoys SEX, always get her to orgasm whenever you can,she will always adore you and pay attention to her reactions,it will help you to handle her emotions/wants.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help - Shes Killing Me / Nigerian Women Are Jealous Of South African Women / She wants to get married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.