Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,338 members, 7,836,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls (13722 Views)

OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / List Of States With Electoral Malpractices In 2011 Polls - Is Your State Among? / Fg Releases N15bn To Police For 2011 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by nyrol(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2010
@ Ezeuche, metal gong and others like the afore mentioned, if someone has been able to quote a reliable source like the Tribune to what Ojukwu actually said, that means he said it after all, i stand to be corrected. Nothing stops Ojukwu from saying no to their visit if he is a real man of integrity. When pple cant bring up healthy discussions devoid of foul language then its a pity for this generation and the emerging one. Am a bit disappointed at metal gong whom am sure is a babangida agent, you are so comfortable to pitch your tent with someone who calls himself an evil genius? with my voice i will shoot babangida down whenever there is a discussion like this or on the street, whereever whenever. He doesnt merit a second coming. The best he deserves is to be confined to the four walls of kuje prison for his attrocities against humanity, Nija in particular. babangida wants to become our president after the death of his wife maryam abi?, just like Simbiat died before Abiola started the fire that consumed him, the fate that befell the man he wicth hunted will sure befall him. I need not say more.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2010
Onye Babe:

You are very funny, please think before you say anything. [b]We are all working towards one Nigeria or are you no[/b]t? I didnt mean to offend you, I meant poorly educated in the sense that you seem to believe that every Igbo person wants out of Nigeria. I love my country and I dont think I am any different to anyone else because of my heritage and language, you need to understand that.

Did you read any of my post where I mentioned the Biafra issue or succesion?
Please always know the genesis of any problem before joining the fray.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by sley4life(m): 11:48am On May 03, 2010
Why the lashing here? Eze abeg take am easy ooh.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by ALIF07: 11:53am On May 03, 2010
Don't just jump into conclusion, Politics is a very complicating game that even the players don' even know their opponent. The only option we have as a nation is to be very prayerful.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2010
nyrol:

@ Ezeuche, metal gong and others like the afore mentioned, if someone has been able to quote a reliable source like the Tribune to what Ojukwu actually said, that means he said it after all, i stand to be corrected[b]. Nothing stops Ojukwu from saying no to their visit if he is a real man of integrit[/b]y. When pple cant bring up healthy discussions devoid of foul language then its a pity for this generation and the emerging one. Am a bit disappointed at metal gong whom am sure is a babangida agent, you are so comfortable to pitch your tent with someone who calls himself an evil genius? with my voice i will shoot babangida down whenever there is a discussion like this or on the street, whereever whenever. He doesnt merit a second coming. The best he deserves is to be confined to the four walls of kuje prison for his attrocities against humanity, Nija in particular. babangida wants to become our president after the death of his wife maryam abi?, just like Simbiat died before Abiola started the fire that consumed him, the fate that befell the man he wicth hunted will sure befall him. I need not say more.
Why should Ojukwu be rude to adults who openly paid him a courtesy visit?
What is wrong with the idea of supporting IBB in a democratic process?
Also among all the potential presidential candidates, how many of them are better than IBB?

All I can say is that most Nigerians have millitary brigade mentality.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Sunofgod(m): 12:00pm On May 03, 2010
Metal Gong,

Your a big fool. And on top of that your pro IBB which makes you an even bigger fool.

IBB will never be president of Nigeria again - so please stop wasting your time with your agressive online campaigning.

I dare you to go out into the streets and talk the way you do in forums - you will be killed within hours!

Not everybody on NL has been pocketed by IBB.

Fool,
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 12:02pm On May 03, 2010
Sun of god:

Metal Gong,

Your a big fool. And on top of that your pro IBB which makes you an even bigger fool.

IBB will never be president of Nigeria again - so please stop wasting your time with your agressive online campaigning.

I dare you to go out into the streets and talk the way you do in forums - you will be killed within hours!

Not everybody on NL has been pocketed by IBB.

Fool,

Yoruba gay bastar-d . . IBB will surely be your president come 2011.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Sunofgod(m): 12:03pm On May 03, 2010
Metal Gong,

Your Papa is the G.A.Y b.a.s.t.a.r.d.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Sunofgod(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2010
PS:

IBB will never be president again!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by OnyeBabe1(f): 12:06pm On May 03, 2010
metal-gong:

Did you read any of my post where I mentioned the Biafra issue or succesion?
Please always know the genesis of any problem before joining the fray.

You need to go to sleep, refresh yourself and then think of all the things that can make Nigeria better. Afterwards, you can then smile and be friendly. I dont want to argue about people that are irrelevant today, you need to consider that too but you have your opinion which is awesome.

Read your posts again and tell me if insulting other people based on their tribe is plausible.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 12:08pm On May 03, 2010
Sun of god:

PS:

IBB will never be president again!

I can see the frustration in you foolish gay man because you know that IBB will ban homosexuality in Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Sunofgod(m): 12:14pm On May 03, 2010
Metal Gong,

Your Papa is the G.A.Y  b.a.s.t.a.r.d  - And you an IBB arse kisser!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by obinon(m): 12:19pm On May 03, 2010
Biafran 4 life.I hate it when people say they want a peaceful nija when all can live together as one.Keep dreaming.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by sley4life(m): 12:21pm On May 03, 2010
Sun of god:

Metal Gong,

Your Papa is the G.A.Y  b.a.s.t.a.r.d  - And you an IBB arse kisser!
O boy. Please take am easy ooh. That insult get weight. Pls tread carefully
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by KnowAll(m): 12:23pm On May 03, 2010
[size=14pt]Unfortunately IBB's Largasse would not filter down to the Igbo man or woman on the streets, the only person that would gain anything close to a few crumbs is hungry Ojukwu, I just hope he dosen't choke whilest eating the unedible because of his greed and gluttony.

It is time Igbo's on the street realise that this fat oaf of a man is about to take them for another ride. IBB being the President would not stop your people from being Kidnappers, armed robbers and Drug dealers, it is somebody who can nip these unglamorous and nefararious activities in the bud you should vote for. Don't Jump ship with Ojukwu or u would drown with him. A word they say is good for the wise.[/size]
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by princekevo(m): 12:28pm On May 03, 2010
Please are the Moderators here on NL for God's sake?
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by metalgong5(m): 12:36pm On May 03, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]Unfortunately IBB's Largasse would not filter down to the Igbo man or woman on the streets, the only person that would gain anything close to a few crumbs is hungry Ojukwu, I just hope he dosen't choke whilest eating the unedible because of his greed and gluttony.

It is time Igbo's on the street realise that this fat oaf of a man is about to take them for another ride. IBB being the President would not stop your people from being Kidnappers, armed robbers and Drug dealers, it is somebody who can nip these unglamorous and nefararious activities in the bud you should vote for. Don't Jump ship with Ojukwu or u would drown with him. A word they say is good for the wise.[/size]

You old dunce thinks that Ojukwu is broke and wretched like you and your lazy generation . . . . Keep on day dreaming.
Foolish Yoruba man!!
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Theblessed(f): 12:49pm On May 03, 2010
[b]Personally, I don't support IBB returning back to politics because of his past ways. Judging from the fact that everyone is an expert in hindsight, I believe he'd reflected a lot on his past mistakes and maybe, maybe and maybe he'd learnt lessons.

Having said that, in Nigerian money talks and he has lots of our stolen money with him.  I know he would release this money at the crunch of time in his campaign, and many Nigerian including some of us on N/L opposing his return would flock in and cast their vote for him remember, money rules the world - just watch this space! 

My take is, if Nigerians decides to choose him as their President, and Ikemba supports it, who am I not to join Nigerian people. All I want is, who ever rules to be fair in their governance and create jobs, sort out our infrastructures: roads, hospitals, schools/Universities, industries etc because, Nigerian is a rich country and has enough money to do so besides, these are our rights and we are entitled to them.  We should not beg for them, at all. That's where I stand!

It doesn't matter who rules, what matters is making a big difference in our peoples lives, making Nigerian people's lives more comfortable and worth living. That way, Nigerians would be more prouder of their country than they are at the moment.
[/b]
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by idifu(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2010
Ojukwu is just like any other t.h.i.e.f in Nigeria, so it's no news to me dat he has backed IBB
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Sunofgod(m): 12:53pm On May 03, 2010
Corruption has almost destroyed Nigeria.

So why vote for somebody known for corruption.

It does matter who becomes our next president - We really cant afford for another thief to rule Nigeria.

Everybody in the world knows IBB is a thief - Why give him the chance to steal many more billions from the people of Nigeria?
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by WilyWily5: 12:57pm On May 03, 2010
princekevo:

Please are the Moderators here on NL for God's sake?
We don't need any Moderator until all Yoruba Gays here are banish,
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Sunofgod(m): 12:58pm On May 03, 2010
IBB was the person who returned the properties seized from Ojukwu during the civil war back to him.

I understand why Ojukwu may feel indebted to IBB.

However 'Ndi Igbo' were never compensated for the massacres and loss of property that occured during the civil war.

Ojukwu should remember what he is meant to be about - representing Ndi Igbo.

Ndi Igbo backed him and  sacrifised more than him during the civil war.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by 4Play(m): 1:01pm On May 03, 2010
It won't surprise me. Senility is not an excuse as I can remember he supported the Abacha for President campaign. Was he senile then too?
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 03, 2010
Ojukwu should ask himself if he ever had a dream.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Sonofpeace(m): 1:14pm On May 03, 2010
Some of us here thinks like the people of the stone age(caveman mentality). If i may ask, Could you turn down your visitors without any good reason? I was at Presidential Rd Enugu the South East Presidential campaign HQ of IBB on Friday last Week. I followed all the activities that went on that day and i didnt notice any delegate delegated to visit Dim Ojukwu Ikemba Nnewi at his Independence Layout Mansion. But even if some people visited him(Mr Ojukwu) you don't expect him to turn down or start bashing them as if he is an old fool. Do you? Give Ojukwu a break he deserve our respect and honor. I respect him for he is my hero.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Sunofgod(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2010
The text below was reported as actual statements made by Ojukwu.
If it is true then this is a very disturbing development in Nigerian politics.

"AHEAD of 2011 general elections, the Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu on Saturday threw his weight behind General Ibrahim Babangida’s presidential ambition, saying the former military president should be given a second chance to rule the country.

Chief Ojukwu said he was convinced that General Babanginda had the required qualities that could take the country to greater heights, adding that the former military ruler remains a strong voice politically in the country.

The Ikemba who stated this when he received a delegation of Campaign Network for IBB (CNI) led by Chief Peter Dada Osadebay in his residence in Enugu, said Babangida remains his bosom friend."
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by SLIGHT(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2010
This is silly, why would a respected person like Ojukwu support someone like Ibb with a poor record and unpopular reputation? Anyway that's his little opinion. I hope majority of the southerners: yoruba, igbo,ND etc don't support him, let him remain in minna, for aso rock is not his come 2011
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by TheReal: 1:27pm On May 03, 2010
I can't imagine young minds that are supposed to think of the way forward now hauling abusive words on one another over trivial issue like this.
Well you all should wake up and leave all the old cargoes alone and contribute your little quota to the political development of the nation.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by KnowAll(m): 1:28pm On May 03, 2010
[size=14pt]

What happens to the APGA or is it UPGA Presidential Candidate OR are they planning not to field anyone during the elections next year. This is a case of a referee celebrating a goal with one of the 2 teams playing a soccer match.[/size]
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 03, 2010
Who has the power to legislate integrity and honesty?

The laws of the land has not pronounced IBB a criminal, nor persona non grata, IBB's right to vote and be voted for has not been taken away from him, No court of law has said IBB has lost his right to freedom of association as enshrined in our constitution.

So while those of us who have no name have the luxury of hiding behind our computer to spew hatred on IBB, Ojukwu does not. He can not spew hate on IBB if the law of the land has not made IBB a criminal yet.

For all the perceptions let us remember IBB has not been convicted yet.

So those who want to draw a line in the sand, Mr A is corrupt, Mr B is not and then everyone else must not associate with Mr A because you think so when the said Mr. A has not been convicted of anything must remember that they are simply constituting themselves into dictators and unilaterally denying Nigerians their rights and this behaviour is dangerous for any country's democracy.

I don't want IBB as President, I will not be voting for him. But that is not to say those who choose to listen to what IBB has to say are foolish, Senile or thieves. If IBB gets elected as President, for the sake of Nigeria I will hope he runs the country better this time.

It is called democracy. IBB or Ojukwu does not have the right to impose their will on you. But you also neither has the right to legislate on who Ojukwu should speak to and who he should not.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Sunofgod(m): 1:34pm On May 03, 2010
IBB has pending criminal charges against his name.

He has been implicated in financial crimes against Nigeria. (As well as a few murders and drug trafficking)

Therefore until he has answered the charges and cleared his name he cannot be taken as a serious candidate.
Re: Ojukwu Backs Babangida For 2011 Polls by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 03, 2010
I thank all those who oppose ibb and his evil allies irrespective of tribe or religion.it's high time we do away with all these old folks who ruined nigeria and would still do everything within their reach to continue the ruining.let's say 'NO' to ibb presidency cuz in united alone,we can kill his ambition.
long live a united federal republic of nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

INEC Publishes List Of PVC Collection Centres For Ward Level Collection / President Jonathan Warns Nigerians To Expect More Soldiers During 2015 Elections / FCT Minister Orders End To Cattle Grazing In Abuja City Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.